Author Topic: FA cup tickets stolen.  (Read 104677 times)

Offline AdamBrunt

• Dominated By His TV Missus
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FA cup tickets stolen.
« Reply #160 on: May 8, 2006, 01:34:55 pm »
Just had call from TO saying my tickets were in the stolen lot  :( but they are just waiting to hear from FA about arrangements for replacements. She said there will be no problem and I would DEFFO be getting tickets. :D

So, they phoned you ?

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #161 on: May 8, 2006, 01:35:25 pm »
Just had call from TO saying my tickets were in the stolen lot  :( but they are just waiting to hear from FA about arrangements for replacements. She said there will be no problem and I would DEFFO be getting tickets. :D

Did you buy yours online
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline ceecee

• Kemlynite
  • Well ahh say BWOY, I aint no CHICKEN!
« Reply #162 on: May 8, 2006, 01:45:16 pm »
Yes they phoned me, witheld number too, so for all you guys getting calls today that might be what it is, stretcharmstrong I bought them on phone on Thursday.
Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men -- the other 999 follow women.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #163 on: May 8, 2006, 01:46:33 pm »
Damn means am gonna have to answer witheld numbers now :no

Thats if they have my number, cant remember ever giving it to them actually

Offline ceecee

• Kemlynite
  • Well ahh say BWOY, I aint no CHICKEN!
« Reply #164 on: May 8, 2006, 01:49:54 pm »
They should have it from your ST or FC App.
Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men -- the other 999 follow women.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #165 on: May 8, 2006, 01:50:38 pm »
For us over in ireland its a bit dodgy though, im not one to panic myself but if tickets havent being sent out yet, its takes a while to get them over here, remember that benfica ticket, post is a joke over here

Good point mate, forgot about that Benfica ticket.  Wasn't that a week till I got it from you?  Anyway, when you over? I owe you a few bevvys for this season.  If you need them collecting from the TO I can sort that for you aswell
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: May 8, 2006, 01:51:04 pm »
My mate has just received a call from the club.
His tickets were stolen and the club are waiting to hear back from the FA as to what the process now should be.

He ordered 2 on the Thursday by phone as well.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #167 on: May 8, 2006, 02:00:52 pm »
My mate has just received a call from the club.
His tickets were stolen and the club are waiting to hear back from the FA as to what the process now should be.

He ordered 2 on the Thursday by phone as well.

Mate just emailed me - same call and same method of buying (Thursday on the phoneline)

My mobile is locked up secure so not sure if I've been called :(
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #168 on: May 8, 2006, 02:04:49 pm »
For us over in ireland its a bit dodgy though, im not one to panic myself but if tickets havent being sent out yet, its takes a while to get them over here, remember that benfica ticket, post is a joke over here

Good point mate, forgot about that Benfica ticket.  Wasn't that a week till I got it from you?  Anyway, when you over? I owe you a few bevvys for this season.  If you need them collecting from the TO I can sort that for you aswell

Might be a good offer Niall but would need to act sooner rather than later once the tickets
go into that post box its the lap of the Gods mate
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 8, 2006, 03:24:37 pm »

Cheers for the offer mate, i might give them a call and see whats happening

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 8, 2006, 03:27:58 pm »
got an email back from them, they cant give me a tracking number till tommorrow because they are dealing with the stolen tickets, at least she told me mine were not stolen

Offline fintanm

• Kopite
    • Fintan Istanbul
« Reply #171 on: May 8, 2006, 03:30:43 pm »
Just emailed the ticket office  - got a very quick reply.

Mine werent among the stolen batch thank god.

Ordered them online on Thursday.

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 8, 2006, 03:35:24 pm »
Just emailed the ticket office  - got a very quick reply.

what's the TO's email addy ?? and did you just give them your fancard number ?

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #173 on: May 8, 2006, 03:38:17 pm »
Yes they phoned me, witheld number too, so for all you guys getting calls today that might be what it is

A call coming from an office switchboard will show as a witheld number.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 8, 2006, 03:38:23 pm »
what's the TO's email addy ?? and did you just give them your fancard number ?
ticket@liverpoolfc.tv

Ya just give them ur fancard number

Offline magpie

• Kopite
  • 96 friends we all shall miss. JFT96.
« Reply #175 on: May 8, 2006, 03:49:14 pm »
Yeah I just had that call too, she said not to panic and just to bear with them while they're sorting it, we got ours by phone last Wednesday morning.
"Ignore the arl witch and sing/shout for justice."

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 8, 2006, 04:09:36 pm »
ticket@liverpoolfc.tv

Ya just give them ur fancard number

Took 20 minutes just to get the "automated response" reply.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2006, 04:47:55 pm »
why bother emailing them, if yours have been stolen its on record and they will contact you. if not they won't. its a case of waiting

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 8, 2006, 04:52:01 pm »
Just seen on .tv that it says 'tickets won't be duplicated in any circumstances.'

Think they will stand firm on that?

Offline Milesy1985

• Boys Pen
« Reply #179 on: May 8, 2006, 05:18:26 pm »
I think there mite be some cover up here, i no a lad who knows a tour guide she got 4 tickets thats rubbish! cant believe it.  i still live in hope thou lol  fast someone ring my phone make sure its still working lol  :-)

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 8, 2006, 05:30:50 pm »
Just seen on .tv that it says 'tickets won't be duplicated in any circumstances.'

Think they will stand firm on that?

AJ.  Do you know if that has just been posted on the official site or if it has been on for a while and you haven't spotted it until now?

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #181 on: May 8, 2006, 05:35:23 pm »
AJ.  Do you know if that has just been posted on the official site or if it has been on for a while and you haven't spotted it until now?

Thats always been there. Those with tickets stolen will not miss out - unless people keep constantly harassing the TO's already limited resources so all they can do is answer the bloody phone.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 05:40:36 pm by halfpoundcheesy »

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 8, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
Thats always been th
ere. Those with tickets stolen will not miss out - unless people keep constantly harassing the TO's already limited resources so all they can do is answer the bloody phone.

Thank you HPC.   If its always been there I reckon it was put up to cover the "My dog ate my ticket can I have another one" type of stuff - ie, don't try it on.

These are exceptional unforseen circumstances.  I can't see any logical reason why duplicates shouldn't be issued.  You can't in effect cut our allocation by 1,600, by refusing to issue duplicates and penalising the ballot.   I'm sure duplicates will be issued.   

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 8, 2006, 05:47:48 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure they will, someone will be liable if they don't. I just wasn't sure because I hadn't noticed that before.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #184 on: May 8, 2006, 07:13:39 pm »
Rang the TO before, they said my tickets hadn't been stolen, and they will be sent out today or tomorrow - now I'm glad they havent been robbed, but why are they waiting til now (when i ordered them on Thursday) to send them out ???

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 8, 2006, 07:16:51 pm »
Possibly duplicates arriving from the FA, which would be a completly different scenario than someone just getting a new ticket from Cardiff.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: May 8, 2006, 07:17:39 pm »
So who were the stolen tickets for - the plot thickens :)

have heard that 74 for the Deeside supporters club have gone missing.
So depending on how the TO distribute tickets, others in this postcode (CH) may also be affected.

The plot thickens further...
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 07:34:27 pm by corbyRed »

Offline el preks

• Main Stander
« Reply #187 on: May 8, 2006, 07:25:13 pm »
still waiting for 3 tickets to arrive from thursday.been told they were not in the stolen batch,fuck knows where they are.flying to cardiff at 8.40 on fri  morn,so only 3 days post left. ???   :butt    :no

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 8, 2006, 07:29:01 pm »
Possibly duplicates arriving from the FA, which would be a completly different scenario than someone just getting a new ticket from Cardiff.
i expect that duplicates/replacements will be sent up from wherever they are printed for tomorrow, where they will be printed(if not already done), and dispatched

Offline avidmerrion

• Anny Roader
  • what do i give a fcuk for anyway,i was in Istanbul
« Reply #189 on: May 8, 2006, 07:36:04 pm »
i remember last year a load of Man Utd(sorry for mentioning them on here) fans living in northern ireland didn't get their cup final tickets because of a postal strike up there.can't remember myself whether they were sorted with duplicates or not.someone else on here might know
what do i give a fcuk for anyway,i was in Istanbul!

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: May 8, 2006, 07:48:21 pm »
Please forgive my incompetance, but i still can't understand how they can physically control this on the day if they send out duplicates for all those stolen ones.

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 8, 2006, 08:09:39 pm »
Please forgive my incompetance, but i still can't understand how they can physically control this on the day if they send out duplicates for all those stolen ones.
Someone goes to their seat to find someone already there. They report it to the nearest steward who ejects/moves the one that has the stolen ticket, ie. the ticket that doesn't have duplicate printed on it.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 8, 2006, 08:15:37 pm »
Someone goes to their seat to find someone already there. They report it to the nearest steward who ejects/moves the one that has the stolen ticket, ie. the ticket that doesn't have duplicate printed on it.
either that or they will have something extra on top of just duplicate to prove its overriding authenticity

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 8, 2006, 08:16:44 pm »
either that or they will have something extra on top of just duplicate to prove its overriding authenticity
That wouldn't make a difference really. No way of checking on entrance to the stadium bar stopping everyone and looking at each individual ticket which would be nigh on impossible.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: May 8, 2006, 08:40:15 pm »
still gonna be pretty difficult to kick out 1600 people who have probably paid well over the odds for a ticket.

a lot of the time in cardiff, people tend to stand in the aisles and where they can get a better spec anyway a la euro away

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 8, 2006, 09:55:40 pm »

Yeah.   Like I said before, I know for sure this happened to mates of mine, and the stewards were very obliging and did seat them.   But with 1,600?   

still gonna be pretty difficult to kick out 1600 people who have probably paid well over the odds for a ticket.

a lot of the time in cardiff, people tend to stand in the aisles and where they can get a better spec anyway a la euro away

Difficult?   A nightmare.   

Sure, people generally stand anyway, and we generally don't bother about aisle standing because its not too crammed and you can get through if you want to.   But 1,600 extras?   

But there's no other way anyone can check who's got what seat other than contacting a steward and pointing that out.   Its absolutely impossible to check this on the turnstiles - it would take all day to check properly.   

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 8, 2006, 09:58:45 pm »
Only other thing they could do is re-distribute all of the tickets in say a different colour or with some kind of distinguishing feature. All of those without said feature can't get in. Bit too late for that now though I'd imagine.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #197 on: May 8, 2006, 10:00:47 pm »

Grass!  ;)
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 8, 2006, 10:03:04 pm »
Grass!  ;)
I didn't say that's what I'd do, I'm no grass :P.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #199 on: May 8, 2006, 10:04:43 pm »

Try going to your ticket history on the Fancard part of the site,print out your purchase details (which will show seat numbers etc) so if somebody is in your seat then you have the extra evidence to back up your claim .
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?