Author Topic: U.S. launches Operation Iron Fist in Iraq  (Read 15741 times)

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
Re: U.S. launches Operation Iron Fist in Iraq
« Reply #40 on: October 2, 2005, 10:58:33 am »
US-UK fisting Iraq...that'd be about right.

"How do you distinguish an "insurgent" from a "pissed off local"?"

If they're alive, they may take them to Abu Ghraib (among others) for some rape and torture. If they can break 'pissed-off locals' there, they can be forced to infiltrate the insurgency and direct it according to US-UK dictates, e.g. stimulating sectarian warfare amongst Iraqi's to draw heat away from the occupying forces.

Doesn't matter to US-UK if they're dead - dead Iraqi's don't count, so US-UK don't count them.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 2, 2005, 11:00:57 am »
US-UK fisting Iraq...that'd be about right.

"How do you distinguish an "insurgent" from a "pissed off local"?"

If they're alive, they may take them to Abu Ghraib (among others) for some rape and torture. If they can break 'pissed-off locals' there, they can be forced to infiltrate the insurgency and direct it according to US-UK dictates, e.g. stimulating sectarian warfare amongst Iraqi's to draw heat away from the occupying forces.

Doesn't matter to US-UK if they're dead - dead Iraqi's don't count, so US-UK don't count them.

Maybe if you know nothing about a subject, it's best not to post about it?

Can you even point to Abu Graib on a map?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #42 on: October 2, 2005, 11:30:45 am »
Can you post some pictures of what US-US forces have been doing?

Fisting, was that on the first batch of pictures? Or will it be on the latest?

They're your allies you know, 'Coalition Forces' n'all...do you want to disown them?

If this local wasn't pissed off already...

"We'd like to stop, but we need you to do some work for us..."
« Last Edit: October 2, 2005, 11:37:13 am by Harry_Wong »
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #43 on: October 2, 2005, 11:38:32 am »
Hey at least he still has his head. And a nice hat to go on top of it. I quite likethe bracelets too. Kind of funky in a radical way.

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 2, 2005, 11:42:17 am »
Should we do a US Marine thing like kill them all & let God sort 'em out?

No, just kill them all before they wipe out half the population of Iraqi civilians. They are going a long way towards it. Not interested in God or Allah. As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #45 on: October 2, 2005, 11:45:23 am »
Hey at least he still has his head. And a nice hat to go on top of it. I quite like the bracelets too. Kind of funky in a radical way.

I hope he wrote a nice letter to US-UK forces thanking them for leaving his head on.

Don't worry US-UK dress up as Arabs when they want to go beheading, it helps to take the edge of bad p.r. back home. Hence the Berg and Bigley cases.

Other times they dress up and go out to do some bombing, like the poor captured SASmen caught in Basra - it helps ignite civil war and divide the opposition.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 2, 2005, 11:50:36 am »
Can you post some pictures of what US-US forces have been doing?

Like what? I can post some photos of Iraq, nothing interesting though, since I (like a good 99% of soldiers out there) have never seen anything wrong being done out there. Those that have taken those photos have started to be punished for it.

Fisting, was that on the first batch of pictures? Or will it be on the latest?

You seem to have a strange and unhealthy fascination with soldiers fisting people. There's plenty of sites you can join for things like that, or do a search on Limewire

They're your allies you know, 'Coalition Forces' n'all...do you want to disown them?

No, I take the piss out of the Yanks, they don't make very good soldiers and I don't like their attitude on a lot of things, but every one I've ever met has been a decent person doing a job as best they can. Why would I disown them?

So Wikipedia can point to Abu Graib
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 2, 2005, 11:51:42 am »
Don't worry US-UK dress up as Arabs when they want to go beheading, it helps to take the edge of bad p.r. back home. Hence the Berg and Bigley cases.

Proof?

Other times they dress up and go out to do some bombing, like the poor captured SASmen caught in Basra - it helps ignite civil war and divide the opposition.

Proof?

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 2, 2005, 11:52:51 am »

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 2, 2005, 11:57:06 am »

Well quite. Nothing I've seen proves that the SAS lads were equipped to blow anything up.

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 2, 2005, 11:58:15 am »

Don't get your point there. I don't understand what garbled nonsense you are claiming.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #51 on: October 2, 2005, 12:07:20 pm »
Like what? I can post some photos of Iraq, nothing interesting though, since I (like a good 99% of soldiers out there) have never seen anything wrong being done out there.

Proof?

Those that have taken those photos have started to be punished for it.

Yes, taking photos risks exposure of the torture that's part of the interrogation routine. No photos makes their toture deniable...US-UK supporters can sit there, deny everything and squawk 'proof'.

You seem to have a strange and unhealthy fascination with soldiers fisting people. There's plenty of sites you can join for things like that, or do a search on Limewire

Not really, when US-UK forces make sadistic sexual assault part of their standarf interrogation procedures, and then come up with Operations like 'Iron Fist' it's not surprising someone might point out they're fisting the whole country.

No, I take the piss out of the Yanks, they don't make very good soldiers and I don't like their attitude on a lot of things, but every one I've ever met has been a decent person doing a job as best they can. Why would I disown them?

Yeah, take the piss to distance your self from them and their actions and think your soldiers are somehow superior to them.

Every one a decent person, doing the best they can...any proof?

You must have a limited number, did it include the Ghraib crew?

Decent people...doing a job as best they can.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #52 on: October 2, 2005, 12:09:05 pm »
Don't get your point there. I don't understand what garbled nonsense you are claiming.
Black flag operations. Propaganda for the folks back home to cling onto when the actions of 'their boys' in Iraq come to light.

Hence, you raised beheadings as soon as I raised Abu Ghraib.

Dava...
Ghraib is that-a-way--------->

The Exit is the other way.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2005, 12:15:50 pm by Harry_Wong »

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 2, 2005, 12:16:07 pm »
Proof?

Errrm, I was there? Will that do? Want to add your own personal experiences of Iraq?

Didn't think so.

Yes, taking photos risks exposure of the torture that's part of the interrogation routine. No photos makes their toture deniable...US-UK supporters can sit there, deny everything and squawk 'proof'.

Sorry, I thought proof was required when making allegations. I've never once seen any soldier sexually abusing or torturing anyone, maybe I just hang around with the wrong people, or maybe it just doesn't happen all that often.

Not really, when US-UK forces make sadistic sexual assault part of their standarf interrogation procedures, and then come up with Operations like 'Iron Fist' it's not surprising someone might point out they're fisting the whole country.

Do they? Have you ever been interrogated by British or American soldiers? How do you know so much about their procedures?

Yeah, take the piss to distance your self from them and their actions and think your soldiers are somehow superior to them.

British soldiers are acknowledged all over the world as being the best, ergo we are superior to the American soldiers, ergo I take the piss out of them. If you want a full list of everyone I take the piss out of, you can have it, but it's a fucking long list. Every American soldier is not involved in torture, just as every British soldier isn't, there's nothing to distance myself from.

Every one a decent person, doing the best they can...any proof?

Yes, I met a fair few and everyone of them was a decent person getting on with their job and making the best of where they were. Have you ever met an American soldier to make a decision about them?

You must have a limited number, did it include the Ghraib crew?

Never met any of them, I don't consider them worthy of comment to be honest, they disgraced their uniform, their units, their Army and their country, as did the British soldiers convicted for their actions over there.

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 2, 2005, 12:17:50 pm »
Black flag operations. Propaganda for the folks back home to cling onto when the actions of 'their boys' in Iraq come to light.

Where is your proof for these black ops? I've seen the pictures of the kit taken from the SAS lads, and none of it looks remotely like it would have been used to pretend to be Iraqis and blow things up.

Dava...
Ghraib is that-a-way--------->

The Exit is the other way.

What does this mean?

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 2, 2005, 12:30:17 pm »

Hence, you raised beheadings as soon as I raised Abu Ghraib.

Um, propoganda from the US/UK? Excuse me, Al Jazeera are largely the ones who come up with these stories.

You think the beheadings were mere 'propaganda'. Um, but I've seen them and so can you too. Go to Ogrish.com.

And it's not only Berg, Bigeley, Armstrong etc. You are forgetting the Nepali worker, the turkish truckdrivers, the Iraqi security, the Japanese tourist. All treated the same way. I guess the Turks need 'propaganda' too then do they?What have they got to do with Abu Graib?

You sound like a complete and utter nutter.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 2, 2005, 12:44:57 pm »
Wasn't the "Fist of God" book, based on an Iraqi weapon of mass destruction ?
Christ, dont tell me they invaded after reading the book.

Nonsense.

Bush, reading?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 2, 2005, 12:45:57 pm »

The picture of the kit seized from the 'SAS' lads. A couple of screamingly obvious points straight off:

Western rifles and Light Anti Armour weapon (the small green tube behind the radios) - if pretending to be Iraqi, why haven't they got Ak-74s and RPG-7s?

British Army issue holdall (the big black one at the front) - do many Iraqis have these Army issue bags? If you were pretending not to be a British soldier, would you carry round British Army issue kit?

No sign of a shed load of explosives, detonators etc for pretending to be terrorists.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 2, 2005, 12:48:26 pm »
Rumours (yes, rumours) coming from Iraq implied that those SAS men were dressed as women, John Simpson style.

So far, I've not seen anything to confirm that but it would make sense, considering it's a bit difficult for a pale, blue eyed blonde man to pass as an Arab.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: October 2, 2005, 02:49:47 pm »
Maybe if you know nothing about a subject, it's best not to post about it?

What were the alleged members of the Special Forces captured in Basra and handed over to the Militia doing that makes them terrorists?

killing people while dressed as civilians, by your own admission several months ago being the definition of a terrorist

checkmate

meanwhile, I think you left the spaghetti on in the NAAFI, those fighting men won't be too happy if it's not al dente

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 2, 2005, 03:08:57 pm »
killing people while dressed as civilians, by your own admission several months ago being the definition of a terrorist

checkmate

I also mentioned the Geneva Convention, deliberately targetting civillians (which there is no proof they were doing) and several other things that I can't be arse looking for now. Who did they kill? I've seen no proof of any policeman being killed - no mention of a funeral from any media outlet yet, despite the propaganda it could be used for.

Even if a policeman was killed, there's a good chance that it was either a militia man dressed as a policeman or a policeman working for the militia, since both have been happening since before last summer when I was there.

At least you've stopped all that Army racists shite now though.

meanwhile, I think you left the spaghetti on in the NAAFI, those fighting men won't be too happy if it's not al dente

(a) Why would I be cooking anything? We have perfectly good cooks in the RLC for that
(b) Why would any soldier be cooking in the NAAFI? We have perfectly good NAAFI girls for that.
(c) What fighting men and why would they care about how the spaghetti was?
(d) When did the NAAFI start selling spaghetti?

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #61 on: October 2, 2005, 06:16:10 pm »
Going operational is going operational, wether it's at the start of a conflict or a few months before it ends, nothing interesting about it, it's effectively the Army's way of saying your training and all those wet and windy days spent on the rifle range may come into practice.

Its interesting to me because it implies certain things with regards to UN resolutions of many years ago which call on 'all nations' to do certain things, the details of which I wont bore you with.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline saltynuts

• I need to be loved
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thank you
« Reply #62 on: October 2, 2005, 11:06:30 pm »
don't then...
"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 3, 2005, 07:18:32 am »
That discussion fizzled out, sadly.....

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 3, 2005, 07:50:10 am »
That discussion fizzled out, sadly.....

I guess they can't argue with BIGdavalad's picture.

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 4, 2005, 07:03:25 am »
Its interesting to me because it implies certain things with regards to UN resolutions of many years ago which call on 'all nations' to do certain things, the details of which I wont bore you with.

I'd like to know what you're talkibg about, if you don't mind. I don't see whare UN resolutions have to do with the British Army calling going away to play soldiers an 'Operational Deployment'? Not looking for an argument you understand, just curious?

I suppose it is difficult to argue with common sense and some basic knowledge when you know the square root of f-all about something. I do love these conspriracy theories though, like we haven't got enough problems in Iraq without stirring the locals up ourselves.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 4, 2005, 09:32:27 am »
i think the locals are being so unreasonable, they seem to think they own the place.

we go over there, bomb the shit out of them, break up their infrastrucure economic, social and political.  we help them out by taking their cumbersome natural resources off their hands and place it, for safe keeping, in the cushion of US based oil companies and all they do is cause a bloody fuss.
do they not realise that we are experts at this. all that experience in africa and india, i mean, we have at least updated the 'they are all savages and need to be growing cotton, tea, sugar and reading the bible' handbook. 
they really don't know how lucky they are.
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline saltynuts

• I need to be loved
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thank you
« Reply #67 on: October 4, 2005, 12:29:02 pm »
they really don't know how lucky they are.

On the ground, Funny how the locals came up to me and said thank you for being here though.....
"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 4, 2005, 12:47:44 pm »
On the ground, Funny how the locals came up to me and said thank you for being here though.....

What the fuck do we know about it mate, we've only been there. Some of these people have read things in the paper, some have even seen pictures on the TV. We can't compare with knowledge like that.

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69 on: October 4, 2005, 12:57:51 pm »

no, I mean how could anyone argue with that

utterly convincing

but then it would be wouldn't it once the police station had been destroyed by a tank and then all the evidence of the SAS terrorists dressing up in women's clobber etc being conveniently lost and replaced with a batch of standard SAS kit flown in from the nearest army & navy stores before being laid out neatly and photographed "just how we found it"

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 4, 2005, 01:03:29 pm »

utterly convincing

but then it would be wouldn't it once the police station had been destroyed by a tank and then all the evidence of the SAS terrorists dressing up in women's clobber etc being conveniently lost and replaced with a batch of standard SAS kit flown in from the nearest army & navy stores before being laid out neatly and photographed "just how we found it"

The photo was released before the rescue......

And it wasn't released by the Army/MOD, but by the Iraqi Police......

Army and Navy don't generally stock rifles and LAW........

And there's been no proof that they were dressed as women.....

Warrior isn't a tank............

Other than, some good well thought out points on a topic you are obviously deeply knowledgable about.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2005, 01:18:54 pm by BIGdavalad »

Offline ewok-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 4, 2005, 01:28:38 pm »
What the fuck do we know about it mate, we've only been there. Some of these people have read things in the paper, some have even seen pictures on the TV. We can't compare with knowledge like that.

I think you have a whole lot of experiences, knowledge, understanding, thoughts and emotions that i cannot even begin to comprehend.  i think of all the disagreements we have had on these boards I have never once claimed that my knowledge or experience is greater than yours.

However, that does not, in my humble opinion, mean that my considered view of things is any more or less valid than yours.  In this case you have an experience of the armed forces, or war, and of its effects on civilians, on servicemen and women which I do not have -   I accept that, and as you also know I am more than willing to listen, consider and learn.  our view is your view - there are lots of people who have been through similair things to you, but have different views about the same situation - they have reached a different conclusion.  not everyone who goes through the same comes out of it with the same view.
But i am not willing to be drummed out of the arguement just because you were there and have sincerley held views.  as one of my favourite quotes says

"i am not willing to accept somebody elses opinion just because they are sincerly held.  the nazi's sincerely hated the jews, they werent kidding. i"m not respecting their fucking ideas just because they were deeply held.......I think people have the right to believe in anything they want, no matter how ridiculous it might be. But i don't believe in their right to coerce others into the same views.  And I don't accept any right they might think they might have not to have their views challenged just because they are going to feel peeved in the process"

My views are from afar, i have not been to war.  but quite simply I think this war is wrong. i think it is unjust, and I think that it is awful that working class men and women are dying for a cause which is cynical and profit led.  thats why i feel strongly.  i hated SH, i hate bush, i hate a system which sees human life as expendable for profit.  I do not want a single more person to die in the war.  In my view bush does not care about the oppression under which the iraq population were living, he is not interested in improving their conditions of life.
When we understand the crisis the american economy is anticipating we understand the need for the war.

I am sorry for the people who think they are liberators bringing freedom.  I know davlad know how shabbily the MOD and the british state take care of forces personel, he has spkone about it passionatly on here.  but from easter island to the first gulf war and all around it has alwatys been the same

"Ah but when the sky darkens and the prospect is war
They'll give us a gun and push us to the fore
And expect us to die for the land of our birth
Although we never owned one handful of earth
We're the first ones to starve, the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie in the sky
And we're always the last when the cream is shared out
For the workers working when the fat cat's about"
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #72 on: October 4, 2005, 01:31:53 pm »

utterly convincing

Before you post bollocks soft lad, try and inform yourself on how the British Army works. Our Soldiers in Iraq show amazing restraint when dealing with the local population in their area of operations. They show so much restraint to the point of endangering their own lives for fear of killing the wrong people. They donīt deserve clueless people like yourself spouting the shite you read in papers or chat boards. Show us proof of the SAS lads dressed up as Women intent on killing innocent people. Where is it??
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline ewok-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 4, 2005, 01:43:12 pm »
Before you post bollocks soft lad, try and inform yourself on how the British Army works. Our Soldiers in Iraq show amazing restraint when dealing with the local population in their area of operations. They show so much restraint to the point of endangering their own lives for fear of killing the wrong people. They donīt deserve clueless people like yourself spouting the shite you read in papers or chat boards. Show us proof of the SAS lads dressed up as Women intent on killing innocent people. Where is it??

I imagine what are soldiers are facing is awful, and I don't doubt that they are showing restraint.  for me they should have not been put in that position.  i don't blame the soldiers, and have great respect for them, its the politicians and military leadership who have created this scenario and its them to blame. can you see why the local population is so problematic.  they've just had their country invaded, i think in the same situation, with a foriegn army coming into this country and trying to install their own ways of doing things some people might feel the same.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #74 on: October 4, 2005, 01:53:16 pm »
No I'm not. I'm being sarcastic to some of you. ;D Personally I think we should fecking wipe the lot of them out. The rag heads insurgents I mean, not the Yanks. LOL.

Go on Marines. Fecking do the poxy camel jockeys.

Go ahead big Jaahhwwwwnnn! 
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 4, 2005, 01:54:25 pm »
Ewok, I'm back in work in 2 minutes, I'll read your post properly and reply after work

Offline ewok-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 4, 2005, 01:55:27 pm »
Ewok, I'm back in work in 2 minutes, I'll read your post properly and reply after work

don't know whether thats a threat or not ! ;)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #77 on: October 4, 2005, 02:05:45 pm »
You mean things like the EU trying to pass a law that will make companies store all your phone calls, e-mails etc because it may help to track terrorists (or perhaps those with the wrong political views) some time in the future.

Orwell didn't know how spot on he was with "1984".

You mean suff like this?    A classic example of Problem - Reaction - Solution!

This article was published in the Wellington Dominion, New Zealand, 20/9/01

Electronic chip to track terrorists being developed

An American firm is developing a tiny chip, implanted under the skin, that can track the location of terrorist suspects, New Scientist reports in today's issue.

A Florida company, Applied Digital Solutions], started work on the chip and then shelved the idea, but has revived it after the attacks in New York, and Washington, the British weekly says.

"We've changed our thinking since September 11," Keith Bolton, the company's chief technology officer, said. "Now there's more of a need to monitor evil activities."

Terrorist suspects could be forced to have such chips implanted - or it could be done surreptitiously.The chip gives out a signal that can be read by the Global Positioning System to give the person's location.

However, the "Big Brother" device raises serious questions for civil liberties, as governments could use it to track innocent people, New Scientist says.

And criminals and terrorists could hack into the system and use the signal to home in on targets.

Applied Digital Solutions has already developed a watch-like device called Guardian Angel, which transmits information about the wearer's identity, medical status and location, using the Global Positioning System. The gadget is intended for keeping track of elderly relatives or wandering children.

Oe - er!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 4, 2005, 06:36:17 pm »

Where were you?

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 4, 2005, 06:48:04 pm »
Where were you?

He was in Basra, same as me. Every Iraqi I spoke to was gald to see us to, for what it's worth.