Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 728647 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Luis Suarez - my flawed hero
« Reply #3160 on: October 9, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »
A couple of Sly Sports articles:

"Liverpool will not open new contract talks with Luis Suarez until the end of the season"
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8964454/liverpool-will-not-open-new-contract-talks-with-luis-suarez-until-the-end-of-the-season

"Tom Werner reckons striker Luis Suarez can play in the Champions League with Liverpool"
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8964387/tom-werner-reckons-striker-luis-suarez-can-play-in-the-champions-league-with-liverpool

Good vibes from the club. Firstly, no early contract negotiations; I like that. No need to reward appalling behavior with a pay raise. Then when April comes about, we'll see if we are still in with a fight for the CL place, and if so, our hand is stronger.

:thumbup
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3161 on: October 9, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »
I've been watching his goals for us over the past few seasons.
He truly is unique amongst all our past and present strikers in that he scores with both feet, from every conceivable angle, and place on the pitch. From tap-ins to half-way line lobs. Swerving free-kicks to mad-shoulder-control-rounding-Newcastle-keeper wonder goals. Dribbles, tricks, and more nutmegs than you can count. Has there ever been a player like him on our books?

It got me thinking. Was he like this at his previous clubs? Or has he really grown/developed since joining us? Or have we simply given him a stage to showcase the talent/skill he has always had?

I still can't believe we signed him for £23M with very little effort a few years back. Who were we 'competing' with to get his signature then?

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #3162 on: October 9, 2013, 06:07:55 pm »

:lmao

I have no idea what that is, but it suits him perfectly! Hahaha!
I think I've worked it out...

« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 06:09:35 pm by Red number seven »
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3163 on: October 9, 2013, 07:03:21 pm »
The whole thing will depend on Suarez's attitude. If, and I don't think it's a big if, a huge offer comes in and we say no and Suarez starts his antics again I don't think the fans will tolerate it.

So it will depend on Suarez. If he wants out then take the money but it would have to be £60m+. And another £25m added to it to give Rodgers £85m to spend and get in top quality players.

£60m......January.....Deal or no Deal.

Fuck the £60 million. The only deal that should persuade us to sell Suarez to Real Madrid should be "Cash + Morata + Jese".
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Jizzinho

• Mr. Twanslatable methods
  • Main Stander
  • Ayre carumba!!!
« Reply #3164 on: October 9, 2013, 08:36:28 pm »

If we get offers in the 50-60 million mark in January and we are still in the hunt for the top 4 we have every reason to KEEP Luis and splash out on a big name player during the transfer window.

It will be massively easier to do this knowing that we can recoup the money in Summer if we need to  - but it will could be the push we need to secure top 4 - and thereby 20-30 million of additional funding. 

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: October 9, 2013, 08:45:08 pm »
The whole thing will depend on Suarez's attitude. If, and I don't think it's a big if, a huge offer comes in and we say no and Suarez starts his antics again I don't think the fans will tolerate it.

So it will depend on Suarez. If he wants out then take the money but it would have to be £60m+. And another £25m added to it to give Rodgers £85m to spend and get in top quality players.

£60m......January.....Deal or no Deal.

Never in a million years. Would genuinely not take £100m in January.
Next summer, EARLY next summer, yeah, I'd do it.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: October 9, 2013, 09:05:50 pm »

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3167 on: October 9, 2013, 09:09:26 pm »
luis is one of the top 5 players in the world . for me ,so if going, 80 to 100 mill or no deal. hope we make top 4 . and aint ruling out us winning the league. come on redmen

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: October 9, 2013, 09:21:58 pm »
I've been watching his goals for us over the past few seasons.
He truly is unique amongst all our past and present strikers in that he scores with both feet, from every conceivable angle, and place on the pitch. From tap-ins to half-way line lobs. Swerving free-kicks to mad-shoulder-control-rounding-Newcastle-keeper wonder goals. Dribbles, tricks, and more nutmegs than you can count. Has there ever been a player like him on our books?

It got me thinking. Was he like this at his previous clubs? Or has he really grown/developed since joining us? Or have we simply given him a stage to showcase the talent/skill he has always had?

I still can't believe we signed him for £23M with very little effort a few years back. Who were we 'competing' with to get his signature then?

He was better when he played for Ajax. Especially the 2010 season. 49 goals in 48 games. A lot of his lobs were going in. He hasn't mastered that move in the PL yet. His finishing that year was out of this world. It's all on you tube.

Tottenham were in for him but Arry decided that he wasn't worth it so they let us have him.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 09:24:17 pm by juan1001 »

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3169 on: October 9, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
It's just a custom and Luisito does not want to break with tradition.

For example Luisito and i still drink mate...and it could be embarrassing from your point of view... but millions of people do that in Argentina,Brasil,Chile and Uruguay.

If he brings his child to celebrate with him it shows his love for his son and what a good dad he is..

With all due respect, things are done differently here. And Suarez has to respect that.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: October 9, 2013, 09:38:14 pm »
With all due respect, things are done differently here. And Suarez has to respect that.
Does this mean you want to take away his Mate?  :o Over his cold dead hands.... ;)

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #3171 on: October 9, 2013, 09:40:01 pm »
He was better when he played for Ajax. Especially the 2010 season. 49 goals in 48 games. A lot of his lobs were going in. He hasn't mastered that move in the PL yet. His finishing that year was out of this world. It's all on you tube.

Tottenham were in for him but Arry decided that he wasn't worth it so they let us have him.

To be fair the Eredivisie doesn't even compare with the PL, the defences are dire. Altidore and Bony have scored 30 goals there last season and now can't buy a goal in England.
He has massively improved since he joined, especially in terms of consistency.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: October 9, 2013, 10:16:08 pm »

I wouldn't say that not bringing children onto the pitch is in some way an essential part of English culture though, would you? It's not something that offends some cultural value we hold dear. Or it shouldn't be. Family life should be part of our club culture.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3173 on: October 9, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »
Can we just enjoy having him now and worry about January in well January  ;D

Offline kopblooded

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3174 on: October 9, 2013, 11:29:37 pm »
For everyone talking about Madrid signing him in Jan , have you had a look at their latest finances . Some bloke said they are about £500 million in debt. I doubt they d go for another expensive signing in Jan. I know they have always been in debt but just doesn't feel like they ll in jan.

For now loving his goals....

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #3175 on: October 9, 2013, 11:39:51 pm »
For everyone talking about Madrid signing him in Jan , have you had a look at their latest finances . Some bloke said they are about £500 million in debt. I doubt they d go for another expensive signing in Jan. I know they have always been in debt but just doesn't feel like they ll in jan.

For now loving his goals....

Here's the link:
Madrid have debt ‘problem’ - economist
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1577556/real-madrid-debt-%E2%80%98problem%E2%80%99-economist-gay-de-liebana?cc=5901

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: October 10, 2013, 12:47:40 am »
Can we just enjoy having him now and worry about January in well January  ;D
But then what are the whiners going to whine about? We're tied at the top of the table.

Offline haste

• Main Stander
  • actually likes the third kit
« Reply #3177 on: October 10, 2013, 12:55:03 am »
Here's the link:
Madrid have debt ‘problem’ - economist
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1577556/real-madrid-debt-%E2%80%98problem%E2%80%99-economist-gay-de-liebana?cc=5901

While I don't believe they'll be in for our Luisito, they can flip Benzema for ~30 mil in this market, maybe sell Coentrao to Spurs for another 20 and be just about to this magic 50-60 mil mark. 

I don't think Suarez would jump ship mid-season, personally.  I can't see his worth dipping by summer, regardless of where we finish.

I'm just happy he's back and scoring goals.  It's still kind of strange to see him in our shirt.  Ten games felt a lot longer than it was.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: October 10, 2013, 01:08:11 am »
Any transfer offer in January will be LFC valuation + loss of financial gain of making the CL. If we value the player at 50 million and the CL gives 30 we won't consider offers under 80. We'd be mad to. Having him scoring goals which helps our progress will be much more valuable at the end of the season rather than any cash influx in the uncertainty of January.

But how much is worth the CL spot actually? 30m is money from TV and for a season... what is really worthy is the exposure ... means new better contracts with sponsors, possibility to buy top players, trying to win the league and much more revenue sources... Suarez will eventually go after Liverpool is in the CL and for a lot of money... not a chance for that in January. And if he's any smart, he should know it well already..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3179 on: October 10, 2013, 01:13:07 am »
Do people really think the club would let him go mid season in January? I would say there is no chance.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #3180 on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:06 am »
If he behaves and we fail to qualify for the CL the. Let him go next summer to a foreign club for £45Mil or more.
If we are in the CL then he stays. Simple.
Whether we like Suarez is not an issue. We must keep the best footballer in the EPL if we are to get a CL spot this year. If the team fails there are more things wrong than just Suarez.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: October 10, 2013, 02:18:34 am »

"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3182 on: October 10, 2013, 04:41:37 am »
Hi Luisito
-Hi
Congratulations for your new son.
-Thanks pal.
How do you feel about the game against Ecuador.
-Ok...but it is gonna be a dificult one.
What about Liverpool?
-What do you mean?
Are u staying or are u leaving on January?
- I can not predict the future...but I don't have any reason to leave and I am very happy here.
There are some rumors about Real Madrid and you.
-Listen pal...u know you r going to make me in trouble asking that kind of questions.
How do you see Liverpool in this moment?
-Imparable!
Do u think we are strong enough to beat teams like Spur,Arsenal Chelsea and City?
-I do...in our day we can beat any team...
What do u think of Sturridge?
-Great player!
What about Gerrard?
-The best player I have played with.
Will your son play for England or Uruguay?
-Dont know...gonna ask him.
Will he play for Liverpool?
-If a finish my career in Liverpool he will.
Un abrazo ''Lucho'' and gracias.
-Chau y no me hagas tantas entrevistas ya que en estos momentos estoy muy ocupado.
Ok...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:39:52 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #3183 on: October 10, 2013, 05:28:09 am »
What did I just read?

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: October 10, 2013, 10:21:30 am »
Actually old chap I'm probably older than you and have offsprings in the forces risking their lives. My advice to you is if you can't take a gentle joke then perhaps you should change your user name to Grumpy Old Git.
Patronising 'old chap' approach combined with the old standard  'it was just a gentle joke' routine and the 'I am probably older than you' line miss the point that you tried to mock older people on benefits, perhaps you are a  disgruntled 'hardworking'  Tory 'taxpayer'.

However given that your 'springs' are 'off' perhaps it would be better to read my original post to try and spot the irony. If your offspring serving in the forces ever get wounded and have to come back here and claim benefits then I would hope your gentle humour will sustain them.

Nothing grumpy about me BTW....much funnier than you will ever be.

The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: October 10, 2013, 10:40:06 am »
Patronising 'old chap' approach combined with the old standard  'it was just a gentle joke' routine and the 'I am probably older than you' line miss the point that you tried to mock older people on benefits, perhaps you are a  disgruntled 'hardworking'  Tory 'taxpayer'.

However given that your 'springs' are 'off' perhaps it would be better to read my original post to try and spot the irony. If your offspring serving in the forces ever get wounded and have to come back here and claim benefits then I would hope your gentle humour will sustain them.

Nothing grumpy about me BTW....much funnier than you will ever be.

Seam to be very angry  for some reason. At a loss to understand your  point. I have had a very serious heath problem myself.And I get help for that.

A long standing supporter of the Labour party as well. In your first reply to me you said something about people giving their lives so that people like me can make fools of old people. My daughter is about to go into a war zone. My family, from Bootle lost many in the 1st & 2nd World wars.

My jokey  post about picking coal etc was not far from the truth. In the early 50's in Bootle my brother would follow the coalman and pick up bits of coal. We very often had no heat in the house so every bit of fuel was used.

Bootle was the most bomb damaged borough in the whole of the UK and me and my older brother used to play in and around houses that had been hit. We were still on ration books till '54 so the early part of my life wasn't some spoon fed tory paradise.

As I say I'm at a loss to understand your level of anger, just for posting a 'python' type joke. Nothing to do with your personal circumstances.

Anyway I bid you good  morning.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: October 10, 2013, 10:42:33 am »
Hi Luisito
-Hi
-Thanks pal.
What about Liverpool?
-What do you mean?
- I can not predict the future...but I don't have any reason to leave and I am very happy here.
-Listen pal...u know you r going to make me in trouble asking that kind of questions.
-Imparable!
Do u think we are strong enough to beat teams like Spur,Arsenal Chelsea and City?
-Great player!
What about Gerrard?

-Chau y no me hagas tantas entrevistas ya que en estos momentos estoy muy ocupado.
Ok...

:lmao :lmao

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:45 am »
Seam to be very angry  for some reason. At a loss to understand your  point. I have had a very serious heath problem myself.And I get help for that.

A long standing supporter of the Labour party as well. In your first reply to me you said something about people giving their lives so that people like me can make fools of old people. My daughter is about to go into a war zone. My family, from Bootle lost many in the 1st & 2nd World wars.

My jokey  post about picking coal etc was not far from the truth. In the early 50's in Bootle my brother would follow the coalman and pick up bits of coal. We very often had no heat in the house so every bit of fuel was used.

Bootle was the most bomb damaged borough in the whole of the UK and me and my older brother used to play in and around houses that had been hit. We were still on ration books till '54 so the early part of my life wasn't some spoon fed tory paradise.

As I say I'm at a loss to understand your level of anger, just for posting a 'python' type joke. Nothing to do with your personal circumstances.

Anyway I bid you good  morning.
My 'anger'.....the aul  'ad hominem'   standby eh?  I am not angry mate...I am laughing my bollocks off

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:57 am »
Cheers pal!  :lmao
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: October 10, 2013, 10:58:37 am »
My 'anger'.....the aul  'ad hominem'   standby eh?  I am not angry mate...I am laughing my bollocks off

Well I never resort to insulting fellow LFC fans, so having made my points I'll take my leave and go back to writing to the Daily Telegraph about these sponging Labour supporters.

Yes on the violin strings upbringing in Bootle, did you know that Hitlers half brother lived in Upper stanhope St. in 1911, but went back to Germany at the outbreak of the War. And the house he lived in took a direct hit from the very last airaid by the Luftwaffe.

Yeah so Hitler bombed the house his half brother lived in. Was on the Liverpool Duck tour there last year and told the guys running the tour, they didn't know the Hitler story and they now use it in the commentary.

Anyway no hard feeling...old chap.

Offline JAY-IOM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3190 on: October 10, 2013, 11:01:58 am »
Hi Luisito
-Hi
-Thanks pal.
What about Liverpool?
-What do you mean?
-Imparable!
-Great player!
What about Gerrard?
Ok...

What is this? I dont get it..

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3191 on: October 10, 2013, 11:02:01 am »
Hey just one more thing pal.

Yea Luisito

Are you posting all this stuff on RAWK

Sure. That a problemo?

No, it's cool.

What then?

I just wanted to know what happened to Andy from Allerton.

Andy?

Yeah, my favourite poster. He no round no more?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: October 10, 2013, 11:04:56 am »
Well I never resort to insulting fellow LFC fans, so having made my points I'll take my leave and go back to writing to the Daily Telegraph about these sponging Labour supporters.

Yes on the violin strings upbringing in Bootle, did you know that Hitlers half brother lived in Upper stanhope St. in 1911, but went back to Germany at the outbreak of the War. And the house he lived in took a direct hit from the very last airaid by the Luftwaffe.

Yeah so Hitler bombed the house his half brother lived in. Was on the Liverpool Duck tour there last year and told the guys running the tour, they didn't know the Hitler story and they now use it in the commentary.

Anyway no hard feeling...old chap.
Blimey..Adolf seemed a vengeful aul prik just because his half-brother had two bollocks.
Take care feller.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #3193 on: October 10, 2013, 11:09:49 am »
Ball retention is everything.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #3194 on: October 10, 2013, 11:12:06 am »
Cheers pal!  :lmao

I haven't seen such bad sock puppetry since Gordon the Gopher.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: October 10, 2013, 11:16:54 am »

Well ball contact is everthing. And passing it as well, one ball is better than two balls. And of course movement off the ball is vital but playing with your balls is frowned upon so it's better to play with the ball.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: October 10, 2013, 11:20:18 am »
True..just ask Harry Catterick.......and Arsenal

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #3197 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:29 am »
Do people really think the club would let him go mid season in January? I would say there is no chance.
Of course but you have to remember we are currently in an International break so people tend to write more shite just through pure boredom.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Aristotle

• is a bugger for the bottle. Apache tool wielder extraordinaire - especially in wardrobes. The 'Oral B' Specialist.....brushes his cavities vigorously outdoors.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Happiness depends upon ourselves
« Reply #3198 on: October 10, 2013, 11:31:13 am »
Devil's advocate and all that. The only true Liverpool tradition that matters is winning. We're more likely to that with him than without him. If he keeps scoring goals and we keep winning games he could bring out a giant inflated sex doll for all I care.
My twitter
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: October 10, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »
Just read what Rodgers had to say about him.
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/146734-boss-appreciates-suarez-attitude

It's no secret, but credit to both for it. To Suarez for showing that desire and credit to Rodgers for the way he's handled things. It's been difficult, but I reckon he's been spot on. Hopefully, we have something to build on. I still believe that Suarez can be a player who happily stays for another five years.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez