Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 728738 times)

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Luis Suarez - my flawed hero
« Reply #2880 on: October 4, 2013, 05:33:35 am »
Will those playoffs be in November? If they need a playoff.

Hopefully they can win against Ecuador and avoid a playoff.
[/quote    It is almost to win playing against Ecuador in the high altitude of Quito.
After 10minutes the players feel very dizzy,after 25 minutes they feel like vomiting.
In the second half the players have headache and are very tired...
It would be a miracle for Uruguay to win there.
But we have Luis and Cavani and have a minimal chance of winning...lets see what happen.

Quito is 9,350 feet (2,800 meters above sea level),

High altitude in Bolivia is much higher....4.200 metres.

« Last Edit: October 4, 2013, 05:54:00 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2881 on: October 4, 2013, 05:56:21 am »
If Real Madrid panic and come in with a big offer for him in January, it will be interesting to see what happens.  We're obviously gearing up for some transfers in the January window.  I am sure the club are working behind the scenes with a contingency plan.  I still say we should not accept less than 50 million.  I hope he stays the whole season.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #2882 on: October 4, 2013, 06:18:06 am »
If Real Madrid panic and come in with a big offer for him in January, it will be interesting to see what happens.  We're obviously gearing up for some transfers in the January window.  I am sure the club are working behind the scenes with a contingency plan.  I still say we should not accept less than 50 million.  I hope he stays the whole season.

If they're 'desperate' and come in January it'd probably be for even more than 50m. I wouldn't mind a swap + cash deal for Benzema.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline cookie-monster

• Anny Roader
  • Attack is the best form of defence
« Reply #2883 on: October 4, 2013, 06:44:15 am »
Gary Neville described him best when he said of late about him on sky that he'll literally do anything to win a game.

and that's why we love him.
irc://irc.centralchat.net:6667/LFC

"Gentlemen, the screwballs have spoken!"  - The Simpsons

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: October 4, 2013, 06:51:35 am »
Honestly my friend...If Real paid for Bale around $80 million pounds...Do u think that Liverpool should sell Luis for less than that amount?

Bale plus $30 millions would be the right deal for Liverpool...Because what Real paid for Bale is not what the player is worth, HE IS NOT WORTH more than $40 millons...and Luis is worth around $65 millions in my opinion.
$25 or 30 millions plus Bale is equal to around $70 millions and that is what Luis is worth.

I always read the spanish newspaper MARCA...and 80% of  Real fans are already upset because they bought Bale instead of Suarez.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2013, 06:55:46 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2885 on: October 4, 2013, 07:53:59 am »
I am sorry rocco i can not answer your question.
I can not interview Luis in this moment,he is too busy, and he is the only one who knows what he is going to do next :( .

Only joking ;)

But love him to stay

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: October 4, 2013, 08:37:54 am »
If they're 'desperate' and come in January it'd probably be for even more than 50m. I wouldn't mind a swap + cash deal for Benzema.

They would have to offer 100 million in cash, if we are to take Benzema in any swap deal for Suarez.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #2887 on: October 4, 2013, 09:32:06 am »
Lads..... Its October, try and keep the powder dry.  January is a whiles away.....

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #2888 on: October 4, 2013, 10:33:02 am »
Can someone clarify the situation with his contract.

My understanding was that he has already signed a new contract. The Tomkins Times Daily digest from yesterday indicates that he is due to sign a new one.

I'm guessing that is to do with rewording of the clause that messed up his move to Arsenal.

Can someone clarify?
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: October 4, 2013, 10:45:05 am »
Can someone clarify the situation with his contract.

My understanding was that he has already signed a new contract. The Tomkins Times Daily digest from yesterday indicates that he is due to sign a new one.

I'm guessing that is to do with rewording of the clause that messed up his move to Arsenal.

Can someone clarify?

He signed a 'long term' extension in August of last year, that's the last time he extended.  The talk is he's going to be offered a new deal but it hasn't happened yet.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #2890 on: October 4, 2013, 01:14:07 pm »
Hey Luisito, how ya doin?

Fuck the Mancs.

Thanks Luisito, speak to you soon.

Laters
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #2891 on: October 4, 2013, 01:25:56 pm »

he still eager to leave ,,, that is something i strongly believe .. no matter how many PR the club is doing.. if there is a same / better target (striker) in the market in Jan, i see Suarez leaving, but hope that wont cost us the title, if we are in very good hand by Jan
We will not sell this season.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2892 on: October 4, 2013, 01:37:59 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised if he finished as the leagues top scorer this season.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: October 4, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »
I put this in the pics thread but figured it could do with an outing in here too:

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2894 on: October 4, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »
Regardless of what's been said and done. The smile on my face as we sang the Suarez song at Sunderland on Sunday was enormous.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2895 on: October 4, 2013, 01:51:27 pm »
I slagged him off all summer, now he's back scoring for us and terrorising the league I'm his biggest fan again, thats just how I work! ;)

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: October 4, 2013, 06:10:31 pm »
U36 interviews with Luis remind me of some freaking shows when people ask ghosts something and they answer on paper
YNWA

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: October 4, 2013, 06:32:17 pm »
U36 interviews with Luis remind me of some freaking shows when people ask ghosts something and they answer on paper
He probably uses an Ouija board too!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2898 on: October 5, 2013, 12:43:22 am »
Cavani stirring shit again... This time at least there is a good quote on Liverpool.

"It's no surprise that Luis is back playing and is scoring goals for Liverpool. It's the most complete team in the Premier League and one of the best in the world", he said in praise.

http://www.marca.com/2013/10/04/en/football/real_madrid/1380920405.html

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: October 5, 2013, 01:33:45 am »
Marca's "source" is the Daily Fail...  :butt
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: October 5, 2013, 01:40:21 am »
Cavani stirring shit again... This time at least there is a good quote on Liverpool.

"It's no surprise that Luis is back playing and is scoring goals for Liverpool. It's the most complete team in the Premier League and one of the best in the world", he said in praise.

http://www.marca.com/2013/10/04/en/football/real_madrid/1380920405.html

I dont know, just cant get anyone for serious when playing in Frenche league.. Caravani or not..
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 01:43:12 am by Gainsbarre »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2901 on: October 5, 2013, 06:52:58 am »
It all depends on where we're up to in the League.

If we are seriously in the mix for top 4, there is no way that JWH will weaken and give away that opportunity unless it really does suit us.

Getting back into the top 4 for this club is probably worth 50-100 million quid. I know you only get 20m or so directly for getting into the group/last 16 but for Liverpool it would mean getting back at the top table. If we can get there once, it means we can get there twice. It means we are not the fading force we are described as and so on and these lads can sell that.

JWH wouldn't sell in the summer when it was almost easier not to, if Madrid come knocking in January and we are in there punching, it would have to be one hell of a deal for us to even think about it. I'd say a Bale-like deal.

45m for Suarez won't do that. He gives any CL team the best available (non cup-tied) player possible in the world for the back half of the season.

Offline pipebender

• Main Stander
« Reply #2902 on: October 5, 2013, 09:47:18 am »
I always read the spanish newspaper MARCA...and 80% of  Real fans are already upset because they bought Bale instead of Suarez.

to be honest... No, we're not.

http://www.marca.com/debate/2013/05/3541/prevotaciones3541.html

http://www.marca.com/debate/2013/09/3886/prevotaciones3886.html

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2903 on: October 5, 2013, 09:53:11 am »
Regardless of what's been said and done. The smile on my face as we sang the Suarez song at Sunderland on Sunday was enormous.

And that's fair enough in my book.

I didn't really say anything during the summer shitstorm but obviously I was less than happy (a mega understatement) but he's still ours and he's back. We move on as one and see where the fuck we end up and enjoy the good stuff on the way.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2904 on: October 5, 2013, 10:05:09 am »
It all depends on where we're up to in the League.

If we are seriously in the mix for top 4, there is no way that JWH will weaken and give away that opportunity unless it really does suit us.

If we're right up there in the top 4 places come January I don't think Luis will want to leave anyway.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2905 on: October 5, 2013, 10:08:55 am »
One real fun wrote this in Marcha:

nazari-27
#127 26.may.2013 | 11:02

SUAREZ ES UNA MALDITA MAQUINAAAAAA¡¡ ¡ES MI DEBILIDAD DESDE HACE TIEMPO, ES RAPIDÍSIMO, TIENE REGATE EN CORTO, NERVIO, DISPARO, OLFATO, PARA MI EL DELANTERO MAS COMPLETO JUNTO CON LEWANDOWSKI. LUEGO ESTA LA OPCION CAVANI QUE ES PURO 9 Y ES OTRO GRAN CRACK, PERO SUAREZ ES MUCHO MAS TECNICO. POR DIOS SÍÍÍÍÍ SUAREZ VENTEEEEEEE¡¡¡¡¡¡
Most of the spanish people do not know Luis very well...they just follow their teams and that is it.

If they prefer Falcao instead of Suarez it is undestable because the colombian played for Atletico de Madrid and they know he is a great player.

They know Suarez mostly because they read the newspapers ...but i do not believe that many of them follow the EPL.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 10:21:34 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline Melbourne Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2906 on: October 5, 2013, 10:10:21 am »
I slagged him off all summer, now he's back scoring for us and terrorising the league I'm his biggest fan again, thats just how I work! ;)

;D

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2907 on: October 5, 2013, 10:27:21 am »
No, but if he has 2 yellow cards in this games he will lose the next game, either against Jordania or World cup first match
Is that what peter andre calls his ex?

And Uruguay36, you used the dollar sign, that values Luis at about arsenals offer. The pound is the king of currencies, dollars and euros are weak. I would be saying to Madrid or anyone, sorry can't talk, no-one for sale this month.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2908 on: October 5, 2013, 10:32:55 am »
One real fun wrote this in Marcha:

nazari-27
#127 26.may.2013 | 11:02

SUAREZ ES UNA MALDITA MAQUINAAAAAA¡¡ ¡ES MI DEBILIDAD DESDE HACE TIEMPO, ES RAPIDÍSIMO, TIENE REGATE EN CORTO, NERVIO, DISPARO, OLFATO, PARA MI EL DELANTERO MAS COMPLETO JUNTO CON LEWANDOWSKI. LUEGO ESTA LA OPCION CAVANI QUE ES PURO 9 Y ES OTRO GRAN CRACK, PERO SUAREZ ES MUCHO MAS TECNICO. POR DIOS SÍÍÍÍÍ SUAREZ VENTEEEEEEE¡¡¡¡¡¡
Most of the spanish people do not know Luis very well...they just follow their teams and that is it.

If they prefer Falcao instead of Suarez it is undestable because the colombian played for Atletico de Madrid and they know he is a great player.

They know Suarez mostly because they read the newspapers ...but i do not believe that many of them follow the EPL.

For those of Us with less than immaculate understanding of Spanish google said:
SUAREZ IS A MACHIiiiiiiiiiiiNE IS MY WEAKNESS DAMN LONG AGO, is very fast, DODGE HAS SHORT, NERVE, TRIP, SMELL, FOR ME THE MOST COMPLETE WITH FRONT Lewandowski. CAVANI OPTION THEN THIS IS PURE 9 And CRACK IS ANOTHER LARGE BUT IS MUCH MORE TECHNICAL SUAREZ. COMMMMMMMMMMME BY GOD YES SUAREZ

That bloke is beyond pants sniffing for his thrills
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 10:37:44 am by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #2909 on: October 5, 2013, 10:33:17 am »
Best thing that could happen right now is for Benzema to find his feet and start impressing. As it stands now Madrid could very well panic and go all in for Suarez in jan.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2910 on: October 5, 2013, 11:32:15 am »
For those of Us with less than immaculate understanding of Spanish google said:
SUAREZ IS A MACHIiiiiiiiiiiiNE IS MY WEAKNESS DAMN LONG AGO, is very fast, DODGE HAS SHORT, NERVE, TRIP, SMELL, FOR ME THE MOST COMPLETE WITH FRONT Lewandowski. CAVANI OPTION THEN THIS IS PURE 9 And CRACK IS ANOTHER LARGE BUT IS MUCH MORE TECHNICAL SUAREZ. COMMMMMMMMMMME BY GOD YES SUAREZ

[/quote]Suarez is a machiiiiiine, he is my weakness since long time ago...he is very fast...short dribble...courage...smell....in my opinion he and Lewandouski are the most complete players...after them the option is Cavani who is a pure 9 and is another great player, but Suarez is technically better...For heaven's sake...yeeeees...commmmmmmmme.

(Probably my translation was not the best and i would appreciate if any of u can improve it) :)
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 11:44:27 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: October 5, 2013, 04:55:36 pm »
Better off without him apparently!  ;D

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: October 5, 2013, 04:57:49 pm »
Better off without him apparently!  ;D

Yeah, because we didn't batter teams without him. Like Newcastle 6-0. But of course, that doesn't suit your agenda.

Still, Suarez was excellent today.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: October 5, 2013, 04:58:42 pm »
Yeah, because we didn't batter teams without him. Like Newcastle 6-0. But of course, that doesn't suit your agenda.

I have an "agenda" because I'd rather Luis Suarez was in our team than not? Genius!

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: October 5, 2013, 05:01:40 pm »

Actually, I thought he was poor today. Defiantly had the qualifiers on his mind.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #2915 on: October 5, 2013, 05:08:39 pm »
He even has to dive in order to score... embarrassing :P
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2916 on: October 5, 2013, 05:15:28 pm »

Can sense the effort it took to type that
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2917 on: October 5, 2013, 05:23:25 pm »
Actually, I thought he was poor today. Defiantly had the qualifiers on his mind.

Probably more to do with him having a new baby to look after.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: October 5, 2013, 05:23:41 pm »
He had no right to score that goal, his will to win is just something else.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #2919 on: October 5, 2013, 05:26:58 pm »
And that's why you don't sell your best players ;) His celebration was an exact copy of the one he did against City at home last season.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."