Author Topic: 2017/18 TV Fixtures  (Read 61240 times)

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2017/18 TV Fixtures
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2017, 01:14:42 pm »
Taking the piss, surely that's worse for travel than the weekend times they were offering? :butt
Chelsea on a Friday was great last season, I'll take anyone's ticket who can't be arsed anyway  ;)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2017, 01:27:54 pm »
It'll be a dreadful away end if it is on the Friday.

I don't feel it's more possible for me to think that this is completely at the wrong end of the spectrum.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2017, 01:46:32 pm »
Thats not too bad, Chelsea was decent on the friday even if I did get the fright of a lifetime dragged in to an office after the dogs got me.

Offline Danthemanaussiered

• Main Stander
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2017, 02:09:15 pm »
While xmas eve late was a bad KO time, any working friday or monday evening is much worse. It was good to see all the supporters groups get on board with protesting the xmas eve KO time, but why don't we do the same for MNF? Nothing worse than having to miss a match because it's on a work day as I can't get time off without pulling a sick day. Plus it makes the weekend so dull without a good day out with the boys (and ladies).

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2017, 02:15:34 pm »
While xmas eve late was a bad KO time, any working friday or monday evening is much worse. It was good to see all the supporters groups get on board with protesting the xmas eve KO time, but why don't we do the same for MNF? Nothing worse than having to miss a match because it's on a work day as I can't get time off without pulling a sick day. Plus it makes the weekend so dull without a good day out with the boys (and ladies).

Some people have to organise days off like that for every game. We don't live in a Monday to Friday 9-5 World any more. If you can't go to the odd game but someone who works weekends has an easier situation handed to them once or twice a year then why should that be protested?

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2017, 02:48:22 pm »
Some people have to organise days off like that for every game. We don't live in a Monday to Friday 9-5 World any more. If you can't go to the odd game but someone who works weekends has an easier situation handed to them once or twice a year then why should that be protested?

Good point but while I agree that Friday night Monday night games is a reality of the day a bit more common sense from the TV Companies when choosing these games would not be hard to achieve

eg:  Northern teams should not be picked if playing further than the midlands and similarly the same with Southern Teams there are enough games on TV to allow the further distant games if the TV companies want them on TV to make them the weekend games instead.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2017, 03:35:26 pm »
First bit done:

Brighton v Liverpool - Saturday 2nd December 3pm
Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December 2.15pm (Sky Sports)
Liverpool v West Brom - Wednesday 13th December 7.45pm
Bournemouth v Liverpool - Sunday 17th December 4.30pm (Sky Sports)
Arsenal v Liverpool - Friday 22nd December 7.45pm (Sky Sports)
Liverpool v Swansea - Tuesday 26th December 5.30pm (Sky Sports)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2017, 03:35:39 pm »
Four of Liverpool's fixtures in December have been rescheduled after being chosen for television broadcast.

The first Merseyside derby of the season will now take place at 2.15pm GMT on Sunday December 10 at Anfield, while the Reds' trip to Bournemouth on Sunday December 17 will kick off at 4.30pm.

Liverpool's meeting with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium has also been moved to Friday December 22, kicking off at 7.45pm, and the Boxing Day clash with Swansea City will now take place at 5.30pm.

All four games will be broadcast by Sky Sports.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/278760-four-fixture-changes-for-liverpool-in-december
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline strike

• Anny Roader
No Christmas Eve fixtures...
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2017, 03:36:39 pm »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2017, 03:36:43 pm »
Does this mean Leicester on the 30th is still 3pm Sat or have they not done that weekend?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2017, 03:37:55 pm »
No Xmas eve fixtures at all.

x 3 Sat 23rd

12.30 Everton v Chelsea
17.30 Burnley v Spurs
19:45 Leicester v Man Utd

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2017, 03:38:21 pm »
Does this mean Leicester on the 30th is still 3pm Sat or have they not done that weekend?

Not done that weekend.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »
No Xmas eve fixtures at all.

x 3 Sat 23rd

12.30 Everton v Chelsea
17.30 Burnley v Spurs
19:45 Leicester v Man Utd

Sat evening, that's a new one!

Not done that weekend.

Cheers.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2017, 03:45:06 pm »
And no BT Sport fixtures announced yet for December.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2017, 03:47:26 pm »

I think I read somewhere that the New Year's Eve weekend fixtures won't be confirmed until this time next week.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »
And no BT Sport fixtures announced yet for December.

They are in this set but non on BT for Liverpool.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2017, 03:50:17 pm »
I think I read somewhere that the New Year's Eve weekend fixtures won't be confirmed until this time next week.

Yeah, I imagine they didn't want to be TOO helpful an give us a whole month's worth in one go... ;D

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:31 pm »
The broadcast selections for the remaining match round in December and the month of January will be announced no later than Friday 27 October.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/495108

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
Re: No Christmas Eve fixtures...
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2017, 03:55:48 pm »
December now looks like this:

Sat 2nd 15:00 Brighton and Hove Albion A
Wed 6th 19:45 Spartak Moscow H
Sun 10th 14:15 Everton H
Wed 13th 20:00 West Brom H
Sun 17th 16:30 Bournemouth A
Fri 22nd 19:45 Arsenal A
Tue 26th 17:30 Swansea City H
Sat 30th 15:00 Leicester City H

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2017, 04:00:06 pm »
Away to Bournemouth on a Sunday evening then away to Arsenal on a Friday night. Fucking ridiculous for away fans.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2017, 04:09:39 pm »
Away to Bournemouth on a Sunday evening then away to Arsenal on a Friday night. Fucking ridiculous for away fans.

Yep, complete joke. I actually thought they'd mess with Brighton too so that's something at least.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2017, 04:12:30 pm »

We're not alone. Swansea have a trip to Everton on Monday 18th December and then come to Anfield for a 5.30pm kick-off on Boxing Day.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2017, 04:17:00 pm »
From the Sky website...

Thursday 28 December
20:00 Crystal Palace v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
Because of their selection on 28 December, neither Arsenal nor Crystal Palace will play on 30 December.

Didn't give a shit when we had two in less than 48 hours last year did they, the twats.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2017, 05:02:38 pm »
Yep, complete joke. I actually thought they'd mess with Brighton too so that's something at least.
Me too!  :-\

We get 4 days unpaid leave over Xmas (cost-cutting) and the first of those is Dec 22nd so it actually works well for me, but i still feel for others. I thought either BHA or Bournemouth would be a Mon or Fri so it works out the same ultimately but I still hate Fri/Mon night games!

At least there are no Xmas Eve matches then, so no precedent yet.  :-X

We are a team of one half.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2017, 05:19:46 pm »
Looking forward to Brighton - should be a good one

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2017, 09:11:56 pm »

The broadcast selections for the remaining match round in December and the month of January will be announced no later than Friday 27 October.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2017, 09:33:00 pm »
For me personally awful fixtures Friday night and Sunday, the 1 KO that Sunday I can't do, typical really

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2017, 11:00:22 pm »
Interesting....

The club have previously said how they can't do free coaches etc as supporters come from all over so will be interesting to see what they come up with!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/278826-reds-welcome-arsenal-fixture-decision-and-consider-travel-options

"Liverpool Football Club has welcomed a decision to stage our away fixture at Arsenal on Friday December 22 rather than on Christmas Eve, and is now considering a range of options with a view to providing assistance to our supporters who plan to attend the game.

It has been confirmed the Reds’ trip to the Gunners will not be contested on Christmas Eve and will instead take place at Emirates Stadium two days earlier in order to accommodate live broadcast by Sky Sports, with kick-off set for 7.45pm.

“First and foremost, it is important to acknowledge that both the Premier League and Sky Sports have listened to the concerns that were expressed by fans and by ourselves and acted upon them,” said LFC chief executive, Peter Moore.

“It is to their credit that on this occasion they have shown themselves to be flexible and have come to a decision which we feel is preferable to asking our supporters to travel to London on Christmas Eve with all of the difficulties and potential problems that such an arrangement would have entailed.

“At Liverpool, we never take our supporters for granted and while we recognise that moving the fixture to a Friday night is more desirable than the alternative, we also realise that it is not an ideal solution for those who will be undertaking a testing journey to London at a particularly busy time of year.

“For that reason, we are looking to see what we can do to help those fans who are planning to make the trip and have already entered into dialogue with supporters’ representatives, including the Liverpool Supporters Trust/Spirit Of Shankly, in order to discuss the options that are available to us.”
We are a team of one half.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2017, 12:09:39 am »
They couldn't have done any more arse-licking in that statement if they tried.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2017, 01:27:36 am »

My thoughts exactly.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2017, 01:35:10 am »
The club have previously said how they can't do free coaches etc as supporters come from all over so will be interesting to see what they come up with!
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/278826-reds-welcome-arsenal-fixture-decision-and-consider-

If Chelsea and other clubs can charter trains, don't see why we can't.  Run it back up from Euston to Liverpool with a few stops en route and it will cover a lot of places that are within an hour's drive of a station.  Alternatively, charter a train from Stoke-on-Trent to Liverpool that connects from the 23:00 Euston-Manchester train.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:38:14 am by MKB »

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2017, 07:25:15 am »
If Chelsea and other clubs can charter trains, don't see why we can't.  Run it back up from Euston to Liverpool with a few stops en route and it will cover a lot of places that are within an hour's drive of a station.  Alternatively, charter a train from Stoke-on-Trent to Liverpool that connects from the 23:00 Euston-Manchester train.

I worked at Euston for several years in the office that dealt with groups of football supporters and charter trains. It isn't as easy to implement as you seem to be suggesting. The 'path' of the train usually has to be booked a long time in advance and during the busy pre-Christmas period it isn't always easy to find the rolling stock either. Your suggestion is a sensible one but with the match-date only confirmed yesterday I suspect that it will be too late now to get any sort of charter train organised. 

Offline Matthew57

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2017, 09:40:49 am »
They should give partial refunds to people who send their tickets in after the match - like with West Brom last season. This would help cover extra costs.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2017, 10:27:28 am »
Chelsea have chartered trains for their fans with similar notice, I know Christmas throws up added complications but it would be great if the club could do this.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2017, 09:19:40 pm »
Are all fixtures confirmed now until New Year’s Eve as city away to palace has been moved from 30th to 31st for tv

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:35 pm »
Are all fixtures confirmed now until New Year’s Eve as city away to palace has been moved from 30th to 31st for tv

BT released their games for that weekend early. Sky have not yet released theirs.

Leciester is not yet set in stone

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2017, 11:56:37 am »
From the Sky website...

Didn't give a shit when we had two in less than 48 hours last year did they, the twats.

Maybe it's because they would potentially then have two lots of two games in 48 hours, as all teams as it stands are down to play 30 December/1 January

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2017, 12:37:59 pm »

I hope they announce this tomorrow at the latest concerned the Leicester match might be moved.
Kenny Godglish

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2017, 03:33:33 pm »
So much for January's TV fixtures being announced today  :no
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2017, 03:42:37 pm »
So much for January's TV fixtures being announced today  :no

Shithouses  :wanker