Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3472417 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #48240 on: September 25, 2018, 12:31:23 am »

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48241 on: September 25, 2018, 12:49:35 am »
Mel Gibson to direct a remake of The Wild Bunch. Why, why, why?
https://deadline.com/2018/09/mel-gibson-the-wild-bunch-remake-directing-writing-warner-bros-sam-peckinpah-1202470272/amp/

Interesting that Mel seems to be working on directing 3 films right now/in the near future. This, Passion of the Christ 2, and the other one mentioned in that article starring Mark Wahlberg. He's only directed 5 up until this point and the 1st and 5th have a 23 year gap between them!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #48242 on: September 25, 2018, 01:32:11 am »
Another trailer for Bumble Bee

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WD8rlJrAuT4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WD8rlJrAuT4</a>

Can't really stand the Michael Bay movies but as a hopeless fan of the original cartoons and the 1986 movie this really does look great. The designs are fantastic and mirror the original cartoon while Cybertron looks amazing.

Good idea to give it to another director.
:D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #48243 on: September 25, 2018, 10:38:14 am »
Prime, Soundwave, Ravage and Shockwave all looking more like their G1 versions.  About fucking time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #48244 on: September 25, 2018, 11:31:41 am »
Interesting that Mel seems to be working on directing 3 films right now/in the near future. This, Passion of the Christ 2, and the other one mentioned in that article starring Mark Wahlberg. He's only directed 5 up until this point and the 1st and 5th have a 23 year gap between them!

Passion of the Christ 2?
Erm...
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48245 on: September 25, 2018, 11:39:03 am »
Passion of the Christ 2?
Erm...

It's yet another Super Hero movie.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48246 on: September 25, 2018, 11:46:17 am »
It's yet another Super Hero movie.

Christ 2: Age of Ultron?
Christ and the Wasp?
Christ vs Satan: Dawn of Justice?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48247 on: September 25, 2018, 12:18:33 pm »
Passion of the Christ 2?
Erm...
Christ 2: Age of Ultron?
Christ and the Wasp?
Christ vs Satan: Dawn of Justice?

2 Passion 2 Christ
The Passion and the Christ
The Passion of the Christ: Nazareth Drift.

Though I like the idea of Christ and Satan stopping fighting each other cos Jesus found out Satan's mom is also called Martha Mary.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48248 on: September 25, 2018, 12:38:13 pm »
Christ II - Die Another Day
JC Redux - The Rapture
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48249 on: September 25, 2018, 02:33:43 pm »
Passion of the Christ 2?
Erm...

For two years now, the filmmaker has been working hard on a sequel — tentatively titled Resurrection — which will focus on JC’s three days between his crucifixion and resurrection.

Jim Caviezel has since confirmed his return as Jesus Christ, teasing the project while speaking to USA Today. “There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience," he told the publication. "It's great. Stay tuned.”

While staying tight-lipped about the film’s plot, the actor spoke highly of the project and Gibson’s approach towards the film.

"I won’t tell you how he’s going to go about it," Caviezel said. "But I’ll tell you this much, the film he’s going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good.”

Speaking previously about the sequel, Gibson said: “The Resurrection. Big subject. Oh, my God. We’re trying to craft this in a way that’s cinematically compelling and enlightening so that it shines new light, if possible, without creating some weird thing.”

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48250 on: September 25, 2018, 04:34:29 pm »
For two years now, the filmmaker has been working hard on a sequel — tentatively titled Resurrection — which will focus on JC’s three days between his crucifixion and resurrection.

Jim Caviezel has since confirmed his return as Jesus Christ, teasing the project while speaking to USA Today. “There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience," he told the publication. "It's great. Stay tuned.”

While staying tight-lipped about the film’s plot, the actor spoke highly of the project and Gibson’s approach towards the film.

"I won’t tell you how he’s going to go about it," Caviezel said. "But I’ll tell you this much, the film he’s going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good.”

Speaking previously about the sequel, Gibson said: “The Resurrection. Big subject. Oh, my God. We’re trying to craft this in a way that’s cinematically compelling and enlightening so that it shines new light, if possible, without creating some weird thing.”

Well if it comes from the same quasi-Catholic apocrypha as I think it probably does, that would involve Jesus descending into Hell...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell

Which is always a fun topic for a film.

The Bill and Ted version is arguably the best big screen interpretation of Hell yet. Although the Preacher tv series has had a lot of fun with the concept. And The Good Place, of course.

2 Passion 2 Christ
The Passion and the Christ
The Passion of the Christ: Nazareth Drift.

Though I like the idea of Christ and Satan stopping fighting each other cos Jesus found out Satan's mom is also called Martha Mary.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:36:03 pm by Nessy76 »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #48251 on: September 25, 2018, 05:45:16 pm »

While staying tight-lipped about the film’s plot

I'm a little heathen, but even I know that fucking plot.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48252 on: September 25, 2018, 05:57:01 pm »
I'm a little heathen, but even I know that fucking plot.

Jesus goes to Hell? It's a pretty obscure one, even among Christians.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48253 on: September 25, 2018, 08:13:08 pm »
Watched Mandy last night.

Thought it was brilliant,loved the eighties vibe it had.

And Nic Cage had about 5 classic Cage moments in it which will please his biggest fans.

Here's hoping he has a career revival.

Watched this last night - you can't beat those classic Cage moments .

As for the film - fucking bonkers , but a good bonkers . Not seen anything that different since that mad Turkish film - Baskin !
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:04:11 pm by Spongebob Redpants »
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48254 on: September 26, 2018, 12:57:38 pm »
Yeah, Mandy was good fun. Bizarre and a bit creepy, but aesthetically pleasing and it's always fun to see Cage going mental.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #48255 on: September 26, 2018, 01:28:06 pm »

What???

Which part of the fairy tale does that bit happen in?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48256 on: September 26, 2018, 03:12:44 pm »
What???

Which part of the fairy tale does that bit happen in?

See the link above.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48257 on: September 26, 2018, 03:13:28 pm »
Watched 'Destination Wedding' the other day which is the new Keanu and Winona Ryder film, reminded me a little bit of the Before trilogy, just not as good (although it was solid enough). The entire film is just a stream of conversations and scenes between the two characters, and although other people do appear on screen they're only for setting and the only dialogue spoken in the film is from K & W. Was pretty interesting seeing Keanu in a comedy-type role.

Other than that watched the new Predator and Skyscraper, both of which I'd recommend skipping. Big fan of The Rock and even though a lot of his films are usually pretty basic, they still entertain me for a couple of hours... Not the case for Skyscraper (and Rampage), was hard to stick it out til the end.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #48258 on: September 26, 2018, 06:06:11 pm »
Thought Mandy was absolutely fucking brilliant! Up there with Hereditary, A Quiet Place, Isle of Dogs and You Were Never Really Here as film of the year for me.
Haha thought you were talking about Mandy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48259 on: September 26, 2018, 06:13:04 pm »
Thought Mandy was absolutely fucking brilliant! Up there with Hereditary, A Quiet Place, Isle of Dogs and You Were Never Really Here as film of the year for me.

Have you watched First Reformed?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48260 on: September 27, 2018, 10:53:51 am »
Just joined the Odeon Premiere Club for £9.99.  Can't believe I've not done it earlier.

Also, simply registering and signing up for 'MyOdeon' gets you 200 Odeon Points.

£9.99 Premiere Club membership gets you 1000 free Odeon points and double points on bookings for 1st month.  10 points for every £1 spent.

Just booked IMAX ticket for Venom next week for £18.  So that's another 360 points.

When spending your accrued points a standard PEAK IMAX ticket is 1500 points.   So basically the next movie after Venom will be free. :)

I go to the pictures with my son every fortnight almost without fail so this is gonna be great value in the long run.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #48261 on: September 27, 2018, 09:46:04 pm »

Hotel Artemis was brilliant. Few silly scenes but it was all part of the fun  ;D

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834262/

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48262 on: September 28, 2018, 12:27:00 am »
Hotel Artemis was brilliant. Few silly scenes but it was all part of the fun  ;D

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834262/

Just came to post about this,it is entertaining which is more than can be said about a lot of the shit that gets churned out.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48263 on: September 28, 2018, 02:47:14 pm »
Watched Hotel Artemis last night,thought it was okay.

My other half is utterly convinced that actress who plays the assassin used to be a bloke because of  her jawline and shoulders. :o

She's been convinced of that since she saw her in The Mummy and Atomic Blonde. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48264 on: September 28, 2018, 03:27:37 pm »
Have you watched First Reformed?
Gave to say it doesn't appeal...you enjoyed it?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48265 on: September 28, 2018, 03:29:42 pm »
Double post....

The new Sicario was such a let down. Flabby, ill-conceived and more than a little rushed. Hugely disappointing after the original but greatness rarely comes along twice like...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48266 on: September 28, 2018, 10:19:50 pm »
Can't wait for Creed 2.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48267 on: September 28, 2018, 10:28:44 pm »
Double post....

The new Sicario was such a let down. Flabby, ill-conceived and more than a little rushed. Hugely disappointing after the original but greatness rarely comes along twice like...
Aye, watched that last week. It's an utterly pointless sequel, and a waste of a good character. It was one of those where it was trying to do an "Aliens" by going the action route, but I kept waiting for it to kick off and get better or more entertaining, but it never really went anywhere with it. Pointless as fuck, and it highlights just how good of a director Villeneuve is. This lacked all the subtle nuance and tension that made the first so good. Looks like it's set up to be some kind of franchise too, which can only take away the impact the first film had, which is a massive shame. 

New Mission Impossible was good. Not sure if it was any better or worse than the previous one, which was also very good, but we get to see Tom actually climbing a rope under a airborne chopper, the mad bastard, and then fly one. Cavill was surprisingly decent, I thought. I was expecting him to be shite by what was said on here, but he wasn't bad.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:32:28 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #48268 on: September 29, 2018, 10:08:41 am »
Saw Il Divo yesterday. What a conniving, murdering, god fearing scum that hunchback Andreotti was.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #48269 on: September 29, 2018, 03:10:09 pm »
Anyone seen 'A Star is Born'?

Plus really looking forward to seeing 'Bohemian Rapsody' next month.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48270 on: September 29, 2018, 04:34:39 pm »
Anyone seen 'A Star is Born'?

Plus really looking forward to seeing 'Bohemian Rapsody' next month.

Skipped the preview screening because my missus wants to see it so we'll go together next week, but its been getting rave reviews.

Bohemian Rhapsody sounded a bit shit after the production struggles initially, but the second trailer really sold me when I saw it the other night, so quietly optimistic itll be good.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #48271 on: September 29, 2018, 04:59:47 pm »
Skipped the preview screening because my missus wants to see it so we'll go together next week, but its been getting rave reviews.

Bohemian Rhapsody sounded a bit shit after the production struggles initially, but the second trailer really sold me when I saw it the other night, so quietly optimistic itll be good.

Two good ones i hope.
Y.N.W.A.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #48272 on: September 30, 2018, 02:57:09 pm »
I realise this is an acquired taste but the trailer of Fantastic Beasts 2 looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing how Jude Law deals with the part of the young Dumbledore.

https://youtu.be/Yy25p3gTMZw

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #48273 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:49 pm »
I realise this is an acquired taste but the trailer of Fantastic Beasts 2 looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing how Jude Law deals with the part of the young Dumbledore.

https://youtu.be/Yy25p3gTMZw

My 3 daughters are fans of JK stuff so I'll be going to a Cimena in Dublin soon enough.
Y.N.W.A.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #48274 on: September 30, 2018, 09:55:28 pm »
My 3 daughters are fans of JK stuff so I'll be going to a Cimena in Dublin soon enough.

I think its cool really enjoyed the first film.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #48275 on: October 1, 2018, 08:33:07 pm »
Green Book - Official Trailer [HD] https://youtu.be/QkZxoko_HC0 via @YouTube

Like the looks of this, Green Book.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #48276 on: October 1, 2018, 08:34:17 pm »
I think its cool really enjoyed the first film.

They loved it. All the books in house and Roisín (11) has begun to read them now, Eimear (15) finished them, Áine (10) not arsed yet.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #48277 on: October 2, 2018, 07:42:02 pm »
Looking for recommendations for films I've not yet tried on UK Netflix and Amazon Prime pretty please.

Films I enjoy: Tarantino films, stoner comedies, zombie stuff, talky films (three billboards, fargo).

Films I don't enjoy: rom-coms, fantasy (LotR), young adult dystopian stuff.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #48278 on: October 2, 2018, 08:46:17 pm »

The Bill and Ted version is arguably the best big screen interpretation of Hell yet.
Ahem

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #48279 on: October 2, 2018, 09:46:55 pm »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.