Author Topic: 'Sopranos' fans- S6 and general gubbins in here. No Spoilers.  (Read 276916 times)

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
'Sopranos' fans- S6 and general gubbins in here. No Spoilers.
« on: January 2, 2006, 01:28:39 pm »
Fed up waiting for Season 6 to start? Then tuck into Vito Spattafore's pasta sauce  ::)
http://www.joesoup.com/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 05:37:55 pm by hooded claw »

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
Re: 'Sopranos' fans
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2006, 01:32:42 pm »
Alternatively, while away the hours waiting for Sil and Paulie walnuts to reappear on your very own pinball machine...

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2006, 01:34:54 pm »
I'd give Katherine Jenkins one. There are some sopranos I'd never tire of watching.

« Last Edit: January 2, 2006, 01:52:59 pm by ۩ Imperator ۩ »
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #3 on: January 2, 2006, 01:35:35 pm »
This actually looks quite interesting...

If I find the time to read it I might order a copy  :)
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2006, 01:35:48 pm »
Is it any good this show? A few mates watch it but i aint ever seen it

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #5 on: January 2, 2006, 01:37:09 pm »

IMO its the best TV show to come out of America in the last decade.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #6 on: January 2, 2006, 01:44:55 pm »

As the Doc says, it's superb. IMO- nothing comes close. Six Feet Under and its ilk are a division below. Do yourself a favour, though- if you decide to get into it, watch it from the start and don't try to pick it up halfway through the story.

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 2, 2006, 02:18:29 pm »
As the Doc says, it's superb. IMO- nothing comes close. Six Feet Under and its ilk are a division below. Do yourself a favour, though- if you decide to get into it, watch it from the start and don't try to pick it up halfway through the story.

Yeh thats what my mates said, i might start watching then. It does sound good like.

Offline Izzy Bully*****

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: January 2, 2006, 02:47:07 pm »
IMO its the best TV show to come out of America in the last decade.
i've got them all on dvd and think there boss,but i'd tell everybody else to watch "the shield" and "the wire" aswell

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #9 on: January 2, 2006, 02:49:08 pm »
Also got em all on DVD, not had a chance to rewatch series 5 yet tho, too fucking busy these days! Cant wait for the 6th series, is it going to be the last?

I prefer Monk at the moment tho  8)

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #10 on: January 2, 2006, 02:50:10 pm »
Also got em all on DVD, not had a chance to rewatch series 5 yet tho, too fucking busy these days! Cant wait for the 6th series, is it going to be the last?

I prefer Monk at the moment tho  8)

Apparently Series 6 is going to be 50% longer than the others, with rumours of a feature film to end the story once and for all.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 2, 2006, 02:55:43 pm »

I quite like Kiri te Kanawa.

Lesley Garrett is OK, but not classically trained, of course... :mooncat

87:13

Offline wild_rover

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2006, 03:16:07 pm »
One of - if not the - best shows on tv.
'who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?'

- Hunter S Thompson

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #13 on: January 2, 2006, 06:13:21 pm »
2 types of people in this world .... the ones who think the Sopranos is awesome television and own all 5 series on DVD ... and the ones who haven't seen it .... quite simply unmissable .... every second of every episode is important to the storyline
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline rasher

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 04:37:52 pm »
few of the episodes for the sapranos are filmed in my town

Offline Xabi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 05:07:57 pm »
few of the episodes for the sapranos are filmed in my town

R.T.K

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 05:13:52 pm »
Apparently Series 6 is going to be 50% longer than the others, with rumours of a feature film to end the story once and for all.
Sorry to bring the bad news....

'Sopranos' to end after sixth season

The Sopranos creator David Chase has confirmed that the sixth season of the show will be the last.

Twelve new episodes will air in the US from March, followed by eight bonus episodes in January 2007.

Speaking at a press event, Chase revealed, "There will be these 12 [forthcoming episodes] and then another eight, and that will be the end."

He also warned that a feature-length movie version of the show is now unlikely.

"We haven't talked about it in a long time. It's hard to see how it would work," Chase explained. "I think what we're going to be doing the next year and a half would have been that movie."

The show's star James Gandolfini added that he is ready to move on to new projects.

"I'm too tired to be a tough guy or any of that stuff anymore," he said. "We pretty much used all that up in this show."
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 05:20:42 pm »
Fair enough. Thanks for the info, I was never that keen on the film idea anyhoo. Shades of 'The X-Files'...

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 05:22:17 pm »
It's probably gone on long enough anyway. How many family members can there be left to fall out with and how many more unsuitable girlfriends can he have?

Best part of it was Paulie anyway, where did he go? I must have missed a series or something.
Legacy fan

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 05:28:28 pm »
It's probably gone on long enough anyway. How many family members can there be left to fall out with and how many more unsuitable girlfriends can he have?

Best part of it was Paulie anyway, where did he go? I must have missed a series or something.

Mr Walnuts is still alive and kicking, though cracks in his relationship with Tony have started to appear.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 05:31:53 pm »
Mr Walnuts is still alive and kicking, though cracks in his relationship with Tony have started to appear.

Last couple of episodes I've watched didn't seem to feature him, was wondering where he had gone. He was always my favourite character, the one with the painting of Tony was class  :D

Little Stevie is great in it as well.

Just seems very "samey" now, and there is very little humour in it compared to the early episodes.
Legacy fan

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 05:34:16 pm »
Last couple of episodes I've watched didn't seem to feature him, was wondering where he had gone. He was always my favourite character, the one with the painting of Tony was class  :D

Little Stevie is great in it as well.

Just seems very "samey" now, and there is very little humour in it compared to the early episodes.

Should I ever go bald, I'm treating myself to a 'Sil' wig.

The episode with Adriana's drive with Sil was incredible stuff, though, especially for a show in its fifth season.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 05:38:10 pm »
I'm going to have to buy them all on DVD and sit down and watch them, there are probably loads I've missed or forgotten.

I liked Adriana, shame about what happened to her. I like Christopher as well.
Legacy fan

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 05:39:48 pm »
I'm going to have to buy them all on DVD and sit down and watch them, there are probably loads I've missed or forgotten.

I liked Adriana, shame about what happened to her. I like Christopher as well.

Fantastic chassis on that girl  ;)  I had my doubts about Chrissie, but there's no way back now. He's in for keeps.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 05:58:23 pm »
One of my favourite episodes was when they took Pussy out in the boat after they'd found out he was an informant.
Legacy fan

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006, 06:00:04 pm »
One of my favourite episodes was when they took Pussy out in the boat after they'd found out he was an informant.

How many series could get away with the season climax being set up by a talking fish?
My all-time favourite moment- Tony realises he's a mentalist and collapses in the bathroom, as Tindersticks' 'Tiny Tears' cranks up. Class.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 06:03:25 pm »
Are you a fan of wise guy films etc generally or just the Sopranos? I like some of the films as well, but it depends on who is in them.

Goodfellas is one of my favourite films, but not too keen on De Niro in it, the best performances are Pesci and Liotta. I always try to watch it when it's on, even though I've got it on tape.
Legacy fan

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 06:05:46 pm »
You can get this on cdwow for about £20. Superb show. I liked the 2nd series the best, but when you sit through it most of it is great. The Pussy on the boat episode was good, also loved the one in the forest in the snow and the russian (?) guy.

...and the one in Naples when Tony can't quite get his head round it being a "woman boss". She is a top bird.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 06:09:33 pm by wilo in rome »

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 06:08:13 pm »
Are you a fan of wise guy films etc generally or just the Sopranos? I like some of the films as well, but it depends on who is in them.

Goodfellas is one of my favourite films, but not too keen on De Niro in it, the best performances are Pesci and Liotta. I always try to watch it when it's on, even though I've got it on tape.

Definitely a fan of the whole caboodle. Think I've seen Goodfellas 18 times now.  :-[  I love de Niro in it- that bit where he's at the bar and his eyes tell you he's planning to kill all his coconspirators in the heist- but couldn't agree more about Pesci and Liotta. They've never been better.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006, 06:11:13 pm »
Gotta say ive become a little more than obsessed with sopranos lately, the pussy episode made me feel so emotional because i had become so attack to the guy! 'I always wanted a house by the sea...maybe in the next life' tear jerking stuff and im a tough guy! Its 100% the best show ive ever seen cant wait to watch series 4,5 and 6! People keep telling me that series 1 and 2 are best which gets me down a bit! But im sure the next 3 are just as good??
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 06:16:33 pm »
Gotta say ive become a little more than obsessed with sopranos lately, the pussy episode made me feel so emotional because i had become so obsessed with the guy! 'I always wanted a house by the sea...maybe in the next life' tear jerking stuff and im a tough guy! Its 100% the best show ive ever seen cant wait to watch series 4,5 and 6! People keep telling me that series 1 and 2 are best which gets me down a bit! But im sure the next 3 are just as good??

3 - at first viewing- seemed a bit weak. The fireworks with Richie Aprile (David Proval) in S2 were fantastic viewing- 'don't give me those fucking Manson lamps...'- and pushing Jackie Jr to the fore seemed a mistake.
On second time through, though, it seemed a good solid season. Not the best, sure- but S4 and S5 were right back on song, with Ralf Siforetto's rise and rivalry. Overall, the strongest drama on a consistent basis we've had for years. IMO, of course.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 06:25:02 pm »
whos ur favourite character? I just love Silvio and Paulies partnership, they are like comedians and always make me laugh! Got so many good lines! Love it when they say 'Whos got the gabbagoo?' HAHA and of course tony is amazing hes the main attraction to the show and just puts everything into his character

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 07:03:22 pm »
whos ur favourite character? I just love Silvio and Paulies partnership, they are like comedians and always make me laugh! Got so many good lines! Love it when they say 'Whos got the gabbagoo?' HAHA and of course tony is amazing hes the main attraction to the show and just puts everything into his character

Hard to say- Paulie, Sil, Big Pussy, Artie, Hesh... bit of a soft spot for Chrissie and Adriana, and Carmela would get it bigtime  ;)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 07:05:33 pm »

Think Chrissy is up there as a fave of mine, love his shoot first ask questions later start to life in the show, then seeming to get wiser with age and responsibility.
Tony is great too, which you dont alway get with the main character in things like this i find

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 07:10:03 pm »
think the psychiatrist adds a lot too the show as well, makes it more of a intelligent drama, not something you normally get with a gangster style show! It's always really great to see whats going on in tonys head as well cos usually what he does on the outside and what he thinks on the inside are two totally different things!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 07:23:27 pm »
My favourite episode is when Christopher & Paulie take the Russian fella into the forest thinking they've filled him in. Its the same episode where Tony Soprano's latest bit on the side launches a two pound steak at him.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006, 07:25:30 pm »
Think my favourite is "Meadowlands", where Tony is taking the lovely Meadow to look round universitys and finds someone who was a rat and now in Witness Protection, cracking episode that one!

Offline dann

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2006, 07:27:16 pm »
Got to say i cant wait for the sopranos to start again. Lost has been filling the void up to now. My favourite episope has to be where paulie and christopher get lost in the woods after failing to kill that russhion, somehow i think not killing him will come back to haunt them.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2006, 07:37:29 pm »
lol both great episodes, watching tonys face as he strangles that rat with a wire is haunting!  My favourite episode so far is hmmm probably the either the first episode of S2 with 'its been a very good year' by frank sinatra at the start or the last episode of S2 with the killing of pussy! Aw fuck it i love every episode haha i cant choose!

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2006, 07:57:24 pm »
Think my favourite is "Meadowlands", where Tony is taking the lovely Meadow to look round universitys and finds someone who was a rat and now in Witness Protection, cracking episode that one!

Funnily enough, dug that one out yesterday. Probably my top episode too.