Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3440950 times)

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Didn't turn out too badly for Ronaldo.

Are you really comparing 2003 United to 2019 United?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do you think Ronaldo would choose United now?

lol - seriously. look at the circumstances. even a little bit.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

You weren't shite for a period of 7 years prior to you signing him now were you ?

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
An 18-yr old Ronaldo coming from Sporting?  Possibly.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
An 18-yr old Ronaldo?  Possibly.

Almost certainly not. He'd go to City, us or Spurs. United are not an attractive prospect now. A Europa League team with no chance of winning the CL for the next few years. United are now probably restricted to overpaying for post-peak players and second-level academy age players. If Solskjaer doesn't get them top four next season, things are going to get even hairier in terms of recruitment.
Better looking than Samie.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Hahaha
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
I'm under no delusions about where we are currently as a club.  But it wasn't like all these clubs were after Ronaldo as a teenager either.  As things stand, you're likely correct but I'm not sure if sitting behind Mane and Salah on the bench would be very appealing either.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
even the fat Ronaldo at age 42 wouldn't choose them currently if he decided a come back.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So they are selling a "proven" top level striker (albeit a slightly overweight one), and banking on a 1/4, overpaid, youth player.

They are going to be so fucked next season!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
So they are selling a "proven" top level striker (albeit a slightly overweight one), and banking on a 1/4, overpaid, youth player.

They are going to be so fucked next season!
Lukaku is a top level striker?

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
Something we can agree on.  He can piss off for the right price.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
I'm under no delusions about where we are currently as a club.  But it wasn't like all these clubs were after Ronaldo as a teenager either.  As things stand, you're likely correct but I'm not sure if sitting behind Mane and Salah on the bench would be very appealing either.

Liverpool were (from Wikipedia):

"Over the course of the 2002–03 season, his representatives suggested the player to Liverpool manager Gérard Houllier and Barcelona president Joan Laporta.[27] Manager Arsène Wenger, who was interested in signing the winger, met with him at Arsenal's grounds in November to discuss a possible transfer.[28]"

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He is for their level.  Not in the grand scheme of things of overall ability perhaps, but he would score 20+ goals a season in the right team I think.

Look at the team he's playing infront of! Compare that to when he was with the BS.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:54:06 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
He is for their level.  Not in the grand scheme of things of overall ability perhaps, but he would score 20+ goals a season in the right team I think.

Look at the team he's playing infront of! Compare that to when he was with the BS.

Shane Long would be good for their level. Seriously, I don't think Lukaku will look good in teams with PL title or Top 4 ambitions, he would do well for teams like Palace, Bournemouth.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Shane Long would be good for their level. Seriously, I don't think Lukaku will look good in teams with PL title or Top 4 ambitions, he would do well for teams like Palace, Bournemouth.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

It's funny because it's true ;D

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
It sounds like he is turning into the new Benteke.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

We were.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ronaldo joined you in 2003, Fergie had been there 17 years by then, having won 8 titles and 1 CL, it was a settled period when you still won stuff. Totally different to the utter shit show that is now Man Utd, you are a club that after being basically shite for 25 years, had a sustained spell of success and have now gone back to being shite again.

Almost certainly not. He'd go to City, us or Spurs. United are not an attractive prospect now. A Europa League team with no chance of winning the CL for the next few years. United are now probably restricted to overpaying for post-peak players and second-level academy age players. If Solskjaer doesn't get them top four next season, things are going to get even hairier in terms of recruitment.

Ronaldo was coming to us back then until the Mancs threw £13 million at them, he certainly wouldn't go there now.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:13:43 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
Not to mention if Ronaldo at age 17 joined current Utd, Solskjaer would play him only to rest Ashley Young.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
As each season passes they slip away from the top 2 teams in the league and get closer to the chasing pack behind 6th place. They are burning the candle at both ends and its great. I just hope that this season is as uneventful as last season ie win nothing in a battle for 6th place.  The longer they are in the shadows the easier it will be for them to slip into obscurity.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Not better. Just arrogant :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
I'm under no delusions about where we are currently as a club. 

These two statements don't go together at all.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
Spurs will get top four because at the minute they have the third best squad, and are the third best-run club. No brainer. Given their budget and spend they are still doing a cracking job and I hope they win an FA/league cup this season. Would love them to win whatever's left of the trophies we decide we can't be arsed with after winning our five.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Altidore scored a beauty on a back heel flick, nicely in off the post after 6 mins yesterday for Toronto. Then, he did a passable Origi statue imitation for the next 84 odd 60 second lots. Pigeons were roosting on the guy.

75 mill Eddy. Hes perfect Eddy. Sunderland never saw anything like him when he was there. Give us a ca...

Gotta go, phones ringing......
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Altidore scored a beauty on a back heel flick, nicely in off the post after 6 mins yesterday for Toronto. Then, he did a passable Origi statue imitation for the next 84 odd 60 second lots. Pigeons were roosting on the guy.

75 mill Eddy. Hes perfect Eddy. Sunderland never saw anything like him when he was there. Give us a ca...

Gotta go, phones ringing......

I once had a FM file where I won the Champions League with a Lukaku/Altidore strike partnership. That's an omen, right there.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
They are disappointed De Ligt signed for Juventus. As if they ever had a chance ffs  ;D Yeah, why would a young promising talent choose a team like Juventus when Utd is also available? 8)
Ironically, I think they're better off without deLigt. They don't have time to wait for a kid like that to learn the ropes,and the fans would roast him. Maguire is average, but he's a better fit.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Weird narrative building around yernited and their pace (watching ICC). I suppose rashford and martial are fast but maybe I’m missing something.

Edit - the Swansea winger is supposed to be super fast.

Wan Bisquick does look very solid defensively. Could be a long termer for them.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:15:14 pm by newterp »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Fans really hyping themselves up on social media over the preseason games.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Fans really hyping themselves up on social media over the preseason games.
Anyone getting worked up, positively or negatively, over pre-season friendlies is a bit silly. They are nothing more than over-hyped training exercises and condition/fitness builders.

You know this. I'm just thinking out loud.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
3 games and 3 wins. 3 cleans sheets as well. maybe they don't need Maguire after all.

ole is a master coach and philly and smally are good enough.

you know like their fans like to say it, they don't buy trophies just like their oil fc neighbours.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
3 games and 3 wins. 3 cleans sheets as well. maybe they don't need Maguire after all.

you know like their fans like to say it, they don't buy trophies just like their oil fc neighbours.

And Mason Greenwood coming through. He could be the new Marcus Rashford. Scary times.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Let's hope they gain enough confidence to at least give their neighbours a game this season...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
And Mason Greenwood coming through. He could be the new Marcus Rashford. Scary times.

doesn't worry me as much as young lingard. that fella is something else

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Let's hope they gain enough confidence to at least give their neighbours a game this season...

Here endeth the lesson.

Blessed be the Olly that bringeth the light of forgiveness and the shadow of the crimson nose back ponst the M1 connection to the path of Solfod glory and may be on his highest muck hucknellness and on a hay nonny-no, returneth there in.

Amen.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
They should give Greenwood 350k a week contract extension before Barcelona comes after him.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Be Scared
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Be Scared
;D

Not only could they not get the saying right (Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid) but the pics they used in that meme were also the least scary looking you could imagine. I mentally heard a sad trombone noise everytime I saw the thing
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Everton win the transfer window, they win the preseason trophy.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
doesn't worry me as much as young lingard. that fella is something else
Yeah , if they ease him in and don't burn him out, he could be one for the future.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Yeah , if they ease him in and don't burn him out, he could be one for the future.
He's already shown promise.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."