Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429510 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Takumi Minamino Watch
« Reply #2240 on: February 20, 2021, 04:44:20 pm »
I just saw his goal.  :)

Loved the way his movement put the Chelsea defender on his arse before he slotted home.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2241 on: February 20, 2021, 04:55:27 pm »
Yeh I think he is a player that thrives on space. He isn't the quickest and struggles physically but give him space and he has quality.

Something not a lot of teams give us

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2242 on: February 20, 2021, 05:00:20 pm »
Terrific goal...few more of them and he'll return to our ranks brimming with confidence....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2243 on: February 20, 2021, 05:09:21 pm »
Mission accomplished Agent Minamino.

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2244 on: February 24, 2021, 11:42:15 pm »
Yeh I think he is a player that thrives on space. He isn't the quickest and struggles physically but give him space and he has quality.

He might need a bodyguard, but IMO he's actually very good at passing and one-two's in tight spaces. His goals against the low-blocks of Arteta (Tapas Tony Pulis) and Hodgson's Palace indicate this.

One thing that he does which i LOVE and which i wish all our players did more of, is the Dummy Shot. It's such an underrated and effective skill

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: February 25, 2021, 04:24:41 pm »
Nice start for him at Southampton. Was disappointed he didn't start more games for us after that Palace goal, especially since Origi has been practically useless for some time now. Couldn't get my head round that decision. Hope to see him back here next summer.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2246 on: February 25, 2021, 04:39:52 pm »
Hopefully this loan is more a project to boost his self confidence cause as a player with potential I think he's great and has a lot to offer.

If it is Project Confidence.......its working so far!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2247 on: February 26, 2021, 08:58:01 am »
He might need a bodyguard, but IMO he's actually very good at passing and one-two's in tight spaces. His goals against the low-blocks of Arteta (Tapas Tony Pulis) and Hodgson's Palace indicate this.

One thing that he does which i LOVE and which i wish all our players did more of, is the Dummy Shot. It's such an underrated and effective skill
The Dummy shot is the younger brother of the no-look goal.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: February 26, 2021, 12:18:48 pm »
I'm always half expecting to never see any of our loanees in a Liverpool kit again,hopefully some of this batch can come back and make it.

Good to see Taki doing well at Soton with the minutes he's getting there.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: May 9, 2021, 06:27:32 pm »
I'm always half expecting to never see any of our loanees in a Liverpool kit again,hopefully some of this batch can come back and make it.

Good to see Taki doing well at Soton with the minutes he's getting there.

Seems like he has fallen well down the pecking order at Saints now - anyone know why?  He had a good start (2 goals in 3 games starting), but since then was not in the squad 1 time, started 3 (coming off in each game), came off the bench once, and was left on the bench 4 times, with 0 impact in any of the 4 games he did play

When I looked at the matches, it looks like they prefered to play Redmond on the left and Walcott on the right  - the matches Taki started were when Walcott (and Armstrong) were injured, and as soon as Walcott got back fit, they went straight back to him and Redmond, and Ings and Adams up front.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2250 on: May 9, 2021, 06:30:31 pm »
Seems like he has fallen well down the pecking order at Saints now - anyone know why?  He had a good start (2 goals in 3 games starting), but since then was not in the squad 1 time, started 3 (coming off in each game), came off the bench once, and was left on the bench 4 times, with 0 impact in any of the 4 games he did play

When I looked at the matches, it looks like they prefered to play Redmond on the left and Walcott on the right  - the matches Taki started were when Walcott (and Armstrong) were injured, and as soon as Walcott got back fit, they went straight back to him and Redmond, and Ings and Adams up front.

Because supposedly he lit a fire under an underperforming Nathan Redmond. Not going to play a loanee over an incumbent, you can almost think that Hassenhuttl did the loan for this purpose.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2251 on: May 9, 2021, 06:36:09 pm »
Because supposedly he lit a fire under an underperforming Nathan Redmond. Not going to play a loanee over an incumbent, you can almost think that Hassenhuttl did the loan for this purpose.
I haven't followed Taki but you're saying that he wasn't able to displace Redmond at Southampton? I think that should be within his abilities, so now I'm somewhat worried. I didn't see him as being bought because he's cheap, but because of his potential. I'm really hoping that he will come good next season.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: May 9, 2021, 06:38:53 pm »
I haven't followed Taki but you're saying that he wasn't able to displace Redmond at Southampton? I think that should be within his abilities, so now I'm somewhat worried. I didn't see him as being bought because he's cheap, but because of his potential. I'm really hoping that he will come good next season.

It is what it is. Redmond has noticeably picked up his game once Minamino arrived. He’s still got no end product, but if we aren’t interested in selling to Soton, then why would Hassenhuttl play Taki over him? They’ve got nothing to play for anymore.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: May 9, 2021, 06:58:31 pm »

It's more he hasn't been out and out first choice, and they have been rotating their front 2 and 2 wingers a lot - with when fit, Redmond prefered to Taki on the LW (and Walcott on the RW), but equally both Tella and Djenepo have been prefered to Taki 2 or 3 times - other than the Leics game where Taki played RW and Tella LW (Adams/Redmond up front, Walcott was being rested)

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: May 9, 2021, 07:27:55 pm »
I have actually crunched the numbers, so we can see how many minutes each of their attacking options have played (not including Armstrong even though he played 2  games as a makeshift winger, as he is nominally a CM) before the Liverpool game:

• Redmond - played 756 mins, 2 goals, 2 assists - GA every 189 mins
  • Adams - played 648 mins, 3 goals, 0 assists - GA every 216 mins
  • Ings - played 598 mins, 3 goals, 1 assists - GA every 150 mins
  • Minamino - played 457 mins, 2 goals, 0 assists - GA every 229 mins
  • Djenepo - played 374 mins, 0 goals or assists
  • Tella - played 301 mins, 0 goals or assists
  • Theo - played 186 mins, 0 goals, 2 assists - GA every 93 mins

So as this shows, he has basically been their 4th choice, and been their 4th best productivity wise too, and its been rotating him Djenepo and Tella largely (Theo's 186 mins came in the previous 3 games after a 3 month injury, which is why his pure numbers are low) - but Djenepo and Tella have done nothing with the ball (which questions why they have on occasion been prefered to him).  However, as I said, the majoritry of his minutes came in the first 5 games he was there he played 316 mins of his 457 mins, with 141 in the next 6 (not including us, where he couldn't play)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2255 on: May 9, 2021, 07:31:19 pm »
Saints fans are not that keen on him. Wonder if we loan him out again next season to someone like Norwich?

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #2256 on: May 9, 2021, 07:35:08 pm »
Saints fans are not that keen on him. Wonder if we loan him out again next season to someone like Norwich?

Why not sell him?
Good player but is struggling in the premier league.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2257 on: May 9, 2021, 08:22:06 pm »

They know fuckall....for me he's shown enough glimpses of his talent to remain with us and given some opportunities in a real season
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: May 9, 2021, 08:31:55 pm »
I think that Minamino will be back with us next season ...

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2259 on: May 9, 2021, 10:23:06 pm »
if he is he will barely play.
Maybe in the Europa. He isnt good enough for us.

We are holding onto to squad players far too long. Klopp is far too loyal to some players

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: May 9, 2021, 10:24:20 pm »

He probably will be. And we should be prepared for him to still struggle next season as well.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2261 on: May 9, 2021, 10:28:11 pm »
They know fuckall....for me he's shown enough glimpses of his talent to remain with us and given some opportunities in a real season
Naby and Takumi: The Glimpse Brothers! - tour tickets on sale now.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2262 on: May 9, 2021, 10:46:56 pm »
He probably will be. And we should be prepared for him to still struggle next season as well.

It will be interesting to see him on a full strength team, with Van Dijk and Gomez in central defence, Trent and Robbo as fullbacks, and Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago in midfield. I think thay he could be effective against a low block defence, deputizing for Salah, Mane and Jota in the wide attacking positions, when required ...

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #2263 on: May 9, 2021, 10:51:36 pm »
It will be interesting to see him on a full strength team, with Van Dijk and Gomez in central defence, Trent and Robbo as fullbacks, and Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago in midfield. I think thay he could be effective against a low block defence, deputizing for Salah, Mane and Jota in the wide attacking positions, when required ...

He has played plenty of games in full strength teams with us. He was mostly anonymous.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2264 on: May 9, 2021, 10:52:18 pm »
He's not good enough physically for this league.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: May 9, 2021, 10:58:40 pm »
He has played plenty of games in full strength teams with us. He was mostly anonymous.

First six months at a new club, in a new league and country, cut in two by a big pause due to the lockdown. No proper pre-season. Followed by a season full of injuries to crucial players. Like I said, it will be interesting to see him on a full strength team, with a proper pre-season, in normal circumstances. Only then we will know if he is good enough to be our 6th attacking option ...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2266 on: May 9, 2021, 11:07:44 pm »
Naby and Takumi: The Glimpse Brothers! - tour tickets on sale now.

I like both players, but this was still quite funny... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2267 on: May 9, 2021, 11:12:21 pm »
First six months at a new club, in a new league and country, cut in two by a big pause due to the lockdown. No proper pre-season. Followed by a season full of injuries to crucial players. Like I said, it will be interesting to see him on a full strength team, with a proper pre-season, in normal circumstances. Only then we will know if he is good enough to be our 6th attacking option ...

A concise, accurate summary of his LFC career thus far...and exactly where I am with him...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: May 10, 2021, 10:09:37 am »
A concise, accurate summary of his LFC career thus far...and exactly where I am with him...

Amazing the amount who forget he'd just moved to a new country just in time for the world to go to shit. Those of us who have lived here all our lives struggled like fuck, imagine being here for only 8 weeks?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2269 on: May 10, 2021, 11:11:14 am »
Does anyone know if he can speak German?

Must be difficult for the lad, it's notoriously hard for speakers of Ryukyuan or Kanji-script languages to learn Germanic languages (and vice-versa to an even greater extent), so it's another thing on top of all the other issues with looking to settle in during a pandemic in a new country, with an additional mongrel (English) language to try and learn. If he knows German it will be a bit easier for him. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: May 10, 2021, 12:59:14 pm »
Does anyone know if he can speak German?

Must be difficult for the lad, it's notoriously hard for speakers of Ryukyuan or Kanji-script languages to learn Germanic languages (and vice-versa to an even greater extent), so it's another thing on top of all the other issues with looking to settle in during a pandemic in a new country, with an additional mongrel (English) language to try and learn. If he knows German it will be a bit easier for him.

I think he's fluent in German. I remember watching some videos when he joined, he was speaking with Klopp in German.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2271 on: May 10, 2021, 01:17:30 pm »
Personally don’t think he will , from the defensive side of his game don’t think he suits what Klopp requires

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: May 10, 2021, 01:32:37 pm »
Can we please take into account that footballers are people.

A foreign player coming to a new country is hard enough as they have to settle in (to life here) and that will undoubtedly affect their football. Come into a new country and not be able to go out and build any kind of life because of lockdowns and such? That has got to be really bloody hard on someone. I can't see how that would NOT impact a person. That's got to have an effect on your football.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2273 on: May 10, 2021, 02:00:19 pm »
I'd be interested in keeping him if we change formation next season and play with a 10, but otherwise I just don't see where he fits in to our current formation.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: May 11, 2021, 12:27:06 pm »
I think we're playing him too forward to be effective for us. I seem him more of a something between and 8 and a 10 rather than a false 9. Not sure he'll get another chance here but I was disappointed that Origi was preferred to stay here instead of him.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #2275 on: May 11, 2021, 12:32:19 pm »
His old manager at Salzburg will be in charge at RB Leipzig next season and was a very big supporter of Minamino. I wonder whether he might come in for him and take him to Leipzig..
FAME makes a man take things over

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2276 on: May 11, 2021, 12:35:31 pm »
I think we're playing him too forward to be effective for us. I seem him more of a something between and 8 and a 10 rather than a false 9. Not sure he'll get another chance here but I was disappointed that Origi was preferred to stay here instead of him.

He played in midfield against Brighton and was AWFUL.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2277 on: May 11, 2021, 12:37:10 pm »
He played in midfield against Brighton and was AWFUL.

I mean judging any player from one game would be silly.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2278 on: May 11, 2021, 12:39:13 pm »
I mean judging any player from one game would be silly.

But we can judge him based on all the games he played. Too timid, weak and constantly ignored by his teammates. Just like playing with 10 men.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2279 on: May 11, 2021, 12:49:46 pm »
But we can judge him based on all the games he played.

Well not really in a deeper position you can't, which was the point you replied to.