Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1073483 times)

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Klopp Template
« Reply #4520 on: February 15, 2021, 02:48:00 pm »
So none of you saw that he had tears in eyes for the BT interview and that he welled up later when asked about the title. And now he says he is a 53 year old man and can cut off his emotions so he is OK. Great nothing to see.. everything is fine.

No, because none of that happened.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #4521 on: February 15, 2021, 02:51:13 pm »
I don’t think it’s normal for a senior leader to cry at work unless they are in a very bad place. I hope I am wrong about that. I see that as a red flag and if I was his employer I would be very concerned about him.

Pure nonsense.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Online Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4522 on: February 15, 2021, 02:55:22 pm »
So none of you saw that he had tears in eyes for the BT interview and that he welled up later when asked about the title. And now he says he is a 53 year old man and can cut off his emotions so he is OK. Great nothing to see.. everything is fine.

You're talking absolute pony

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4523 on: February 15, 2021, 03:06:00 pm »

Absolutely shite. I was watching it like a hawk.

At any rate I lost my mum a few years ago. You get as angry as you do sad.

Klopp looked more resilient and fighting spirit than anything else.

Why even mention this? Why stir shit up? What do you WANT to happen?

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4524 on: February 15, 2021, 03:07:22 pm »

So what? Jesus Christ, he can't be emotional? And you're implying A) that a person in Jurgen's age can't or should not be/show emotions. Which is ludicrous. And B) Just because he's being emotional he can't do his job? Wow.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4525 on: February 15, 2021, 03:09:18 pm »

Wishful thinking from a closet united fan. Why don't you fuck off to redcafe? Ye really have this Internet thing all figured don't ye? Sad bunch really.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #4526 on: February 15, 2021, 03:09:25 pm »
I am not going to argue about whether or not Klopp was crying... I thought he was.  If you all think I am talking through my arse and he wasn’t that’s fine. As I said no issue is there anyway because he has come out and said he is OK so that’s that. let’s move on and you can have your tactics thread back.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4527 on: February 15, 2021, 05:34:33 pm »
And just like that, the club went from doubters to believers once more.

He always finds the right words.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4528 on: February 15, 2021, 05:51:28 pm »
I think in that BT interview he took a few moments to compose himself before answering the question after being asked for the 37942th time whether he’d conceded the title.

The previous time he was asked that question he lashed out at the journalist which drew criticism so he was making sure his answer was calm and measured on this occasion.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4529 on: February 15, 2021, 06:02:28 pm »
I am not going to argue about whether or not Klopp was crying... I thought he was.  If you all think I am talking through my arse and he wasn’t that’s fine. As I said no issue is there anyway because he has come out and said he is OK so that’s that. let’s move on and you can have your tactics thread back.

A grown man crying is not an embarrassment like you want to say. I mean, it would be embarrassing if he was on the touchline sobbing like a baby throwing a tantrum because the referee didn't give us a corner because of a slight deflection, but that's not the level we are talking about here.

He's an emotionally intense person, for good and for bad. There might be some tears behind the scenes. There have been countless tears of joy from fans and players alike, that is for sure. Go and watch the video of Alisson on the bus parade after winning number 6. The big, handsome twat couldn't hold back the tears.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4530 on: February 15, 2021, 06:02:51 pm »
I think in that BT interview he took a few moments to compose himself before answering the question after being asked for the 37942th time whether he’d conceded the title.

The previous time he was asked that question he lashed out at the journalist which drew criticism so he was making sure his answer was calm and measured on this occasion.

I feel sorry for him watching any press conference because he's asked such repeatedly stupid questions while trying to remain polite and composed. Whenever we lose a game (or like at Brighton drop points in bad circumstances) he struggles to keep his composure.

Klopp knows they're always looking for the gotcha headline and he doesn't want to give them it. Now and then after a bad result he loses patience with them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4531 on: February 15, 2021, 06:41:35 pm »
I love Klopp. And Henderson. That is all.

Delighted they treated those rumours with the disdain they deserved.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4532 on: February 15, 2021, 06:42:35 pm »
Well, the man has spoken.

It's a shit time all round. He's suffering, but he's going nowhere and he's up for the fight. That's good enough for me. It's unconditional support from here on in as far as I'm concerned.

I'd go into battle for that man.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4533 on: February 15, 2021, 06:49:48 pm »
The Klopp thread is open folks, this was always supposed to be about his template and football tactics.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:51:33 pm by John C »

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #4534 on: February 20, 2021, 08:49:01 pm »
I think Klopp should change the system now. The high defensive line is killing us. We are not the total football side of the last two seasons. We are not the counter-pressing side of the last two seasons. We can surely play on the counter attack with a mid-to-low block. It is miserable watching this side play Klopp’s preferred system in a such an inferior way.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4535 on: February 21, 2021, 12:38:10 am »
I think Klopp should change the system now. The high defensive line is killing us. We are not the total football side of the last two seasons. We are not the counter-pressing side of the last two seasons. We can surely play on the counter attack with a mid-to-low block. It is miserable watching this side play Klopp’s preferred system in a such an inferior way.

The problem with that is suddenly changing a system half way through a season and going against his style of play, i'd much rather us be the "heavy metal" of a few years ago, but how much of that wad down to Buvac we don't know

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4536 on: February 21, 2021, 12:43:39 am »
Klopp changed the system, or at least changed how we approached games already this season. We changed to be more conservative and were not giving up not a whole lot, but we couldn't score at all.durinf that period.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4537 on: February 21, 2021, 12:45:55 am »
Klopp changed the system, or at least changed how we approached games already this season. We changed to be more conservative and were not giving up not a whole lot, but we couldn't score at all.durinf that period.

The worrying thing for us is, our forwards are actually getting into some good positions its just not happening

We badly need Jota's direct threat back

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4538 on: February 21, 2021, 12:54:59 am »
The worrying thing for us is, our forwards are actually getting into some good positions its just not happening

We badly need Jota's direct threat back
I'm less worried about that than I am our defence now. Keep getting in to positions and chamves and goals come However, we've given up 3 open goals from errors and 2 penalties in our last 3 league games and all but one was in a close game state. We'd have to be really bad to keep that level up, but that plus being down to 6th/7th choice centre backs and no real midfield protection is brutal. Even getting back to scoring goals wouldn't be enough to overcome that.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4539 on: February 23, 2021, 09:26:08 am »
If anyone is interested, get a listen to Graham Hunter's interview with Pep Ljinders in mid January. It's a great insight. He says something that I found interesting. Talking about our style, and players chasing the ball and pressing. He talks about our style and says it hasn't changed at all despite what people say, that the difference is they have been working on improving positional play so that there's less of a frantic look about it.  Gives a good insight into training an what goes on, and how the likes of Hendo and Milner are a huge asset

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4540 on: February 23, 2021, 09:39:35 am »
I'm less worried about that than I am our defence now. Keep getting in to positions and chamves and goals come However, we've given up 3 open goals from errors and 2 penalties in our last 3 league games and all but one was in a close game state. We'd have to be really bad to keep that level up, but that plus being down to 6th/7th choice centre backs and no real midfield protection is brutal. Even getting back to scoring goals wouldn't be enough to overcome that.

Play two centre halves when we return and have Fabinho in midfield (PRAISE BE!).

Nat Phillips and Kabak.

And thank goodness we might be able to use Jota as a striker soon.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4541 on: February 23, 2021, 07:10:09 pm »
From Ryan O'Hanlon blog post this morning:

tl;dr We're worse than last year, no surprise, but no where near some huge drop off that our points total would indicate.  But then again that's reality so /shrug

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #4542 on: February 23, 2021, 07:16:58 pm »
From Ryan O'Hanlon blog post this morning:

tl;dr We're worse than last year, no surprise, but no where near some huge drop off that our points total would indicate.  But then again that's reality so /shrug

Yes, but our numbers never really supported our points total the last 2 years to begin with. A regression was always coming. That we've been unlucky this year is making that regression looks 2x worse.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4543 on: February 24, 2021, 08:54:52 am »
We need a midfielder who scores goals. We have none.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #4544 on: February 24, 2021, 10:44:19 am »
We need a midfielder who scores goals. We have none.

yes we've been battered with injuries and players are being asked to play in a certain way to help the team and our capt was helping out in defence (though as a captain and as a top midfielder i do question klopp leaving him there for so long) - so we KNOW all that...but

the midfielders that have come in are fucking midfielders - they're not like 'oh what's this thing football? and what's midfield?' they train every day/most days to do a midfield job

you can argue to a point that the upset of the team will affect the way we play and the players too BUT their job is to play in midfield and they haven't been good enough on a regular basis

we KNOW about the injuries we KNOW about the formation we KNOW about shitty decision and we KNOW about working hard but they are midfield players who haven't stepped up

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4545 on: February 24, 2021, 10:57:33 am »
We don't particularly play in a way that gets the midfielders many scoring opportunities though, do we?

Gini was one in 5 for Feyenoord, one in three for PSV, one in four for Newcastle and out one in 3 at international level so clearly has it in his game and its not like he just misses loads of chances for us. Our whole game is set up to get the best out of the attackers, and creativity from them and the full backs. I dare say that's why we're struggling now those five players are all off form.

I dont think the midfield has been particularly good at all but its way, way too simplistic to just say 'we need a goalscoring midfielder' and they'll suddenly just get dropped in this team and score lots of goals.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #4546 on: February 24, 2021, 11:00:09 am »
We are lucky, so lucky to have Klopp, hey I'm questioning his choices loads with subs like anyone.
Trying to remember what I wanted to actually say in his thread here... Ah
Kind of predictable what I'm going to say really
Now is a very important test, the owners need to address what is put into the club.
We won't replace Klopp with a better man, there is non as great, him and the coaching team.
I actually do think we will probably sign Mbappe for instance (too many hints, Nike Lebron James etc marketable asset for FSG), I'd rather have Haaland and a number ten and cb come in if these two new centre backs don't impress.
I think Salah will get sold for 160 million or something all things added in. So this two wingers Mane and Salah thing will go and our formation will change, i.e a traditional striker and a need for a number 10, Sadio? He would be amazing doing that actually, first time thinking about it to be honest.

I keep forgetting Jota! Ah can't wait to watch the way he plays/ It's still strange hearing about him as a reason of failure, like Thiago they are luxuries this season from our strong mentality guys and best forward three in the world.
Instead of turning off from football, I'm more intrigued again as always, I love football and LFC politics apparently  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:16:43 am by LFCobsessive »
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4547 on: February 26, 2021, 11:03:58 pm »
Klopp during embargo part of his presser today

- We are still Liverpool, we are dealing with things more than we have in the past [injuries,etc..] but we are here to do all the hard work, not just doing the hard times.

- I feel massively responsible for the situation we're in, for the things I can influence obviously.

- We have to be more clinical and we will work on that

- We can learn so much from this season and everything we've experienced.

- Long term we will benefit form this, for the moment we have to resolve our problems.

-  The squad of this year didn't get a chance to play together this season, we don't need a massive rebuild. Little readjustments here and there, but a rebuild like that no.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #4548 on: February 26, 2021, 11:08:05 pm »
Klopp during embargo part of his presser today

- We are still Liverpool, we are dealing with things more than we have in the past [injuries,etc..] but we are here to do all the hard work, not just doing the hard times.

- I feel massively responsible for the situation we're in, for the things I can influence obviously.

- We have to be more clinical and we will work on that

- We can learn so much from this season and everything we've experienced.

- Long term we will benefit form this, for the moment we have to resolve our problems.

-  The squad of this year didn't get a chance to play together this season, we don't need a massive rebuild. Little readjustments here and there, but a rebuild like that no.

I have boundless faith in this man and when he says we’ll benefit from this long-term I believe him.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #4549 on: February 27, 2021, 03:42:49 pm »
Kloppo's prematch presser was really great, he can get his train of thoughts over really well in a second language, overlooked sometimes. He was honest the way he talked about squad overhaul, it surprised me because there are many threads about this on the internet. He always gives a good interview it seems though.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4550 on: February 28, 2021, 09:10:22 pm »
So it looked like two different formations tonight, usual 433 without the ball, but when we got on the ball, Mane went centre forward, Bobby 10, Curtis as a sort of roaming inside forward on the left and Robbo bombing up in the space behind him.  Basically an asymmetrical 4231.

Meant Thiago wasn't having to drop wide and deep to cover his fullback, which kept him in the middle and played to his strengths, and it gave us so much more variation and options in attack.

Hope we stick with it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4551 on: February 28, 2021, 09:25:46 pm »
Felt like we really stunted Salah in the formation today, who is our best goalscorer. We got the result we needed which was all that was important and it could have been to target a specific weakness of Sheffield United.

Lets see what we can do on Thursday

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4552 on: March 1, 2021, 09:52:10 pm »
Good thread on twitter on our new shape tactically against Sheffield United, Whether this was a one off or not is another thing, But it worked!

https://twitter.com/topimpacat/status/1366169615928332290?s=20

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4553 on: March 1, 2021, 09:53:33 pm »
And another - This one has more photos

https://twitter.com/FPL_Jurgen/status/1366426661764427778

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4554 on: March 1, 2021, 10:03:12 pm »

That’s quite interesting. The role Mane played is a role Jota was excellent for Wolves. Wonder if we could have Mane on the right and Salah up front?

Also we should have good protection for the centrebacks with the two in midfield.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4555 on: March 1, 2021, 11:07:36 pm »

I forgot what thread it was where I said you could have Trent play like Cancelo but it would neuter Robbo.  Looks like I was wrong.  Nothing bad about being a copy cat, if it works it works. 

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4556 on: March 1, 2021, 11:29:58 pm »
I forgot what thread it was where I said you could have Trent play like Cancelo but it would neuter Robbo.  Looks like I was wrong.  Nothing bad about being a copy cat, if it works it works. 

Trent played nothing like Cancelo though.

Trent played the opposite of Cancelo's role. For City Cancelo is allowed a free role and has very little defensive responsibility. That works because Kyle Walker who has played as a centre back tucks in.

If you want to compare City and Liverpool then it was Trent who played with extra defensive responsibilities. He tucked in to protect Nat and it was Robbo who was given a free role. We aren't copying City but are going back to how we used to play. Jones was given the role Lallana used to play as the forward part of a 2-1 midfield.

To do that you cannot have both full backs pushing on. So Robbo was given the kind of freedom Moreno enjoyed whilst Trent played more conservatively, whilst Mo provided the width on that side.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4557 on: March 2, 2021, 07:54:14 am »
Trent played nothing like Cancelo though.

Trent played the opposite of Cancelo's role. For City Cancelo is allowed a free role and has very little defensive responsibility. That works because Kyle Walker who has played as a centre back tucks in.

If you want to compare City and Liverpool then it was Trent who played with extra defensive responsibilities. He tucked in to protect Nat and it was Robbo who was given a free role. We aren't copying City but are going back to how we used to play. Jones was given the role Lallana used to play as the forward part of a 2-1 midfield.

To do that you cannot have both full backs pushing on. So Robbo was given the kind of freedom Moreno enjoyed whilst Trent played more conservatively, whilst Mo provided the width on that side.

It was never going to be an exact replica of what City do as we don't have the same players, but Trent gets involved in progressing, building up play and creating chnaces way more than the full back who covers for City. We had two midfielders holding to compensate for that where as City have two who are usually given more freedom to join the attack.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4558 on: March 2, 2021, 08:26:42 am »
The switch to 442 in the last few games has been interesting. After going ahead, we changed to it and ended up with Jones on the left before he came off but he had a very free attacking role on the left. It was almost a 4-2-4. I think it was a reaction to Sheffield United this time and an attempt to get more men forward last time, but it gives a different option when Mane is left central with his runs in behind.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4559 on: March 2, 2021, 08:49:58 am »
Good thread on twitter on our new shape tactically against Sheffield United, Whether this was a one off or not is another thing, But it worked!

https://twitter.com/topimpacat/status/1366169615928332290?s=20
Not quite a one off already, as we tried the same thing in the second half against Everton. It was the spell that created a few half chances for Mane; Jones was then replaced by Shaqiri who stayed left, but then we started tiring, they scored and we stopped doing anything.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.