Author Topic: Pre Match Preview - THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS THE RENT DODGERS - 4/12 - KO 2015  (Read 29245 times)

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
Normally I'd put up a photo of Anfield, but if you don't know what it looks like by now then you need help.

Everton will arrive at Anfield on Wednesday 4th from bottom, two points off the relegation zone and their manager facing the sack. The Champions of Europe however will arrive sitting very prettily at the top of the league with an eight point lead. Oh and a 26 point gap between the reds and blues. Shame really.

Last season's corresponding fixture will always be remembered for England's no. 1 goalie kindly pushing the ball in the air for Lord Divock to head home the only goal of the game in the sixth minute of injury time. He really should receive a knighthood for his services to opposition bitterness and misery. I was lucky to get a ticket for the game and went with my mate who is a ST holder. Unfortunately, he had arranged to have his girlfriend's birthday present delivered to his house, so had to leave as the fourth official held up the board for injury time. I suggested to him that his priorities were rather awry, but he confidently predicted that he wouldn't miss anything. Call me a twat but I do enjoy seeing people with egg on their face, preferably politicians but sometimes friends will suffice.

Since the arrival of the Great Moshiri at Goodison, the blue moanies have been predicting a power shift on Merseyside, with a spending spree that would make Guardiola or Mourinho blush. Surprisingly, they seem to be getting closer to Tranmere in regard to league position than they are to us. Worrying times.

Marco Silva has been finding it very difficult to show everyone what a top quality coach he truly is, after all he did win the Greek league. Which is something our Jurgen has failed miserably to do during his somewhat indifferent career. Even with England's no. 1 keeper (Pickford), the best left back in Europe (Digne), statistically the best CB in the Premier League (Keane - well according to the literary great Catcher) and Brazil's bestest ever striker (Richarlison), Silva has managed to have them playing staggeringly shit football on a weekly basis. Impressive stuff I'm sure we'll agree. Relegation would be a fitting reward for his valiant efforts.

So onto the latest instalment of 'ruining Christmas for the bitters'. Everton once had the holy trinity playing for them in midfield, and in order to celebrate this the Premier League have decided to supply their own version; Mike Dean as ref, Anthony Taylor as 4th official and Martin 'fuck me I'm really shit at this VAR/reffing malarkey aren't I' Atkinson. I shudder to think what these three wanking wombats are going to conjure up, so let's hope our lads just score three or four worldies that can't be disputed.

Let the fun commence.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Is Alisson banned or eligible?

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes

One match ban I believe, though some people reckon he's suspended til Christmas while others reckon he's cup tied like Jordon Ibe.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Normally I'd put up a photo of Anfield, but if you don't know what it looks like by now then you need help.

Everton will arrive at Anfield on Wednesday 4th from bottom, two points off the relegation zone and their manager facing the sack. The Champions of Europe however will arrive sitting very prettily at the top of the league with an eight point lead. Oh and a 26 point gap between the reds and blues. Shame really.

Last season's corresponding fixture will always be remembered for England's no. 1 goalie kindly pushing the ball in the air for Lord Divock to head home the only goal of the game in the sixth minute of injury time. He really should receive a knighthood for his services to opposition bitterness and misery. I was lucky to get a ticket for the game and went with my mate who is a ST holder. Unfortunately, he had arranged to have his girlfriend's birthday present delivered to his house, so had to leave as the fourth official held up the board for injury time. I suggested to him that his priorities were rather awry, but he confidently predicted that he wouldn't miss anything. Call me a twat but I do enjoy seeing people with egg on their face, preferably politicians but sometimes friends will suffice.

Since the arrival of the Great Moshiri at Goodison, the blue moanies have been predicting a power shift on Merseyside, with a spending spree that would make Guardiola or Mourinho blush. Surprisingly, they seem to be getting closer to Tranmere in regard to league position than they are to us. Worrying times.

Marco Silva has been finding it very difficult to show everyone what a top quality coach he truly is, after all he did win the Greek league. Which is something our Jurgen has failed miserably to do during his somewhat indifferent career. Even with England's no. 1 keeper (Pickford), the best left back in Europe (Digne), statistically the best CB in the Premier League (Keane - well according to the literary great Catcher) and Brazil's bestest ever striker (Richarlison), Silva has managed to have them playing staggeringly shit football on a weekly basis. Impressive stuff I'm sure we'll agree. Relegation would be a fitting reward for his valiant efforts.

So onto the latest instalment of 'ruining Christmas for the bitters'. Everton once had the holy trinity playing for them in midfield, and in order to celebrate this the Premier League have decided to supply their own version; Mike Dean as ref, Anthony Taylor as 4th official and Martin 'fuck me I'm really shit at this VAR/reffing malarkey aren't I' Atkinson. I shudder to think what these three wanking wombats are going to conjure up, so let's hope our lads just score three or four worldies that can't be disputed.

Let the fun commence.

The Blue Moanies 🤣

Great write up, just hope they don't sack Silva tomorrow.
Let's twat these twats!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
We owe these twats a twatting, but any win will do!

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Will play V Everton

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Will play V Everton

Incorrect per the Echo.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Probably getting Silva sacked aren't we?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Incorrect per the Echo.

Thought it took 7 days to be active

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Important to fight for the ball and want it more than them. A victory by whatever scoreline and whatever means as long as it is a victory.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Everton are so bad this season, that this might be an opportunity to rest some starters, if not for the awful reffing crew.

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Who's showing this game? Is this one of the round of games that's on Amazon Prime?

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who's showing this game? Is this one of the round of games that's on Amazon Prime?

Yes mate, quarter past 8 kick off
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Probably getting Silva sacked aren't we?

There is a rumour of a meeting today to discuss his future.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Yes mate, quarter past 8 kick off

Cheers, time to sign up for the free month then I guess!

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Someone is in line for a good hiding , hopefully its this lot .We have played some lovely ball the past few weeks at times that the scoreline hasnt really reflected. These lost their legs with 20 to go yesterday so im expecting something similar against us. Hopefully we come out of it injury free.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Anyone know why the kick is 8:15? Not that it affects me just seems a strange kickoff time
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know why the kick is 8:15? Not that it affects me just seems a strange kickoff time

The other games kick off at 7.30.

So 8.15 will be half time in them games and live on Amazon. Think Amazon want as many viewers as possible.

All the matches are streamed live on Amazon and suppose they want other fans to switch over to our game or at least watch the whole of the second half.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 10:46:07 am by Fordy »

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
I think they might try and kick us around the pitch. I would potentially look to get Origi into the side, maybe at the expense of Salah but he was taken off early on Saturday and that might have been to preserve him for Wednesday evening.

Everton mostly played well yesterday, I thought, Leicester had no space out wide and had to come through the middle - they didn't really create a lot and that was down to how Everton were set up, so maybe we need to be a bit more direct with someone like AOC in midfield or Origi through the middle?

Hate the cliche but really hope we just play the game rather than the occassion/fixture - they are poor and in really bad form, whilst we are winning games like a machine.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Our 2nd most important game of any league season, behind only the Goodison derby.

I'd love us to go out with a high tempo and try and blow theses away in the 1st 30 minutes. I suspect with the games coming thick and fast we'lll look to control the game more and not blow ourselves out in the 1st half. Think Everton will try and make it a war of attrition.

1st goal should be hugely important in this game. If we can get it and they have to attack as the game wears on then I think we cause them a lot of problems with quick transitions.

No idea about the team. Suspect AOC won't start in midfield twice in 5 days so think Keita or Milner will get the chance to start alongside Henderson and Wijnaldum. Front 3 and defence picks itself. Adrian in goal.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Hate this game. I'm generally positive going into games now, we *can* win every single game. I just hate looking forward to the derby.

Alison, Matip, Fabinho all out and we're playing a team that thinks injuring one of our players is a status symbol.
They always play up against us and us down against them.
We're good at winning but our football can get a bit nervous.
They lost yesterday against Leicester but they were not particuliarly bad.
Last year's games were shitshows (except for Pickford's stupidity.)
We have everyone from the Anti-Liverpool Ref's Association (barring Kevin Friend) on the pitch or behind a monitor.

Not shitting it, I think we'll win, but not looking forward to it either.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not only are Everton shit, they're also unlucky. If we've scored in the first half this should become a bloodbath.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Make them run for 70 minutes.
Make them boo and cry for 20.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
Just please get the win. We've had three draws and Pickford's glorious world-class moment in the league in the last two years, it feels like ages since we've had a game against them which wasn't incredibly frustrating. Expect another 90 minutes of snide fouls and playing for a 0-0 from the bitters, hope we can make a fast start and get an early goal so they'll actually have to try and play at some point.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Hate this game. I'm generally positive going into games now, we *can* win every single game. I just hate looking forward to the derby.

Alison, Matip, Fabinho all out and we're playing a team that thinks injuring one of our players is a status symbol.
They always play up against us and us down against them.
We're good at winning but our football can get a bit nervous.
They lost yesterday against Leicester but they were not particuliarly bad.
Last year's games were shitshows (except for Pickford's stupidity.)
We have everyone from the Anti-Liverpool Ref's Association (barring Kevin Friend) on the pitch or behind a monitor.

Not shitting it, I think we'll win, but not looking forward to it either.

Alison, Matip, Fabinho all out and we're playing a team that thinks injuring one of our players is a status symbol. - They'll have to get near us first. And we can't really throw that about since Gerrard's , eerm, tackle  :D (joke, I know it was 45 years ago)

They always play up against us and us down against them. - If the last load of games against them is them playing up, I hope they play up on Wednesday

We're good at winning but our football can get a bit nervous. - But we're good at winning  ;)

They lost yesterday against Leicester but they were not particularly bad. - They weren't very good though, neither were Leicester

Last year's games were shitshows (except for Pickford's stupidity.) - True, but that Pickford present made up for it all

We have everyone from the Anti-Liverpool Ref's Association (barring Kevin Friend) on the pitch or behind a monitor. - No one in Anti Liverpool. Leave all that conspiracy nonsense to Man City fans. It's just rubbish and stinks of being bad losers

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our 2nd most important game of any league season, behind only the Goodison derby.

I'd love us to go out with a high tempo and try and blow theses away in the 1st 30 minutes. I suspect with the games coming thick and fast we'lll look to control the game more and not blow ourselves out in the 1st half. Think Everton will try and make it a war of attrition.

1st goal should be hugely important in this game. If we can get it and they have to attack as the game wears on then I think we cause them a lot of problems with quick transitions.

No idea about the team. Suspect AOC won't start in midfield twice in 5 days so think Keita or Milner will get the chance to start alongside Henderson and Wijnaldum. Front 3 and defence picks itself. Adrian in goal.

Everton looked dead on their feet for the last 25 mins of the Leeeechester game.  So hopefully they are still tired.

Then again we played a man down for 15 mins.

Adrian

AA Lovren VVD Milner
Henderson Wijnaldum Lallana
Mane Firmino Salah
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 11:45:49 am by newterp »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Everton looked dead on their feet for the last 25 mins of the Leeeechester game.  So hopefully they are still tired.

Then again we played a man down for 15 mins.

Allison

AA Lovren VVD Milner
Henderson Wijnaldum Lallana
Mane Firmino Salah

We could be playing with 10 men again if we submit that team sheet, depending on who you believe about whether Alisson will play or not  ;)

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
They've had 1 less day to recover and a last minute winner against them.

Normally I would be nervous for this but they don't score many and Silva is a deadman walking.

Not saying I'm over confident but far more comfortable than usual. If it was at their scrap yard I'd expect a clog fest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
It's game like this that make we wish we had an alehouse thug team we could counter them with.

Hoping for a win and hoping that they don't injure our players.

When you look at the absolute horror show of officials for the game, you can't accuse Mike Riley of not having a sense of humour.

I expect several laughable VAR decisions, a couple of injuries, a couple of sending offs and a couple of laughable outright ref decisions.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
They're going to sit deep and will be doing it all December. They also looked fucking knackered. We need to figure out how to get around their low block and hope they burn themselves out early. Hopefully, Mike Dean doesn't buy into any of Richarlison's Boy Who Cried Wolf routine. Fabinho will be a miss for this game, but I think the midfield is going to need a creative lockpicker (Keita, Shaqiri, Ox) from the start

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We could be playing with 10 men again if we submit that team sheet, depending on who you believe about whether Alisson will play or not  ;)

dammit - I meant Adrian!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Another really poor side that will be beaten. However, once again it may yet be closer than it normally would be with Atkinson involved with VAR. He's been a massive leveller for craps teams against us so far, Utd, Brighton and Villa. It's getting ridiculous now. Expecting a dodgy pen for them, maybe a red or two for us and about 4 stonewall pens for us turned down.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
3 points, by any means possible, please.

The last few derby's have not been an overly good spectacle, so a goal fest from us would be nice.

We're Liverpool though, and we never seem to do anything easy.

I expect Everton to make it the usual war of attrition, but hopefully a nice early goal from us, will settle the lads down to do a professional job, and not get sucked into an Everton shit show, again.

I don't care how we do it, just get the three points, and as minimal injuries as possible. 

Going in to the next month, we're going to need as much of the squad as possible, fresh, focused, and as niggle free as possible.(Everything crossed)

Lets see the Silva fella crying.  ;)

Come on red men. Tear them a new one.  :scarf

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

???
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
The good news is that Silva will still be in charge.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm more concerned with the officials than the opposition .....

I seem to remember Everton ending our previous unbeaten record in the late 80's....

Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Would like to see Keita start this one, the tackles will be flying in and we'll need quick feet in midfield.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
???

When I say important I mean most important to me. Before the season starts I would personally say beating Everton away is the game I most want us to wn, followed by Everton at home.

In the context of a season there will be more important games but the 2 games against Everton are generally the ones I want to win most. Pretty sure that I'm not unusual in that. I know that most, if not all my Liverpool supporting mate and family would say something similar. Probably depends where you are from to be fair.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
When I say important I mean most important to me. Before the season starts I would personally say beating Everton away is the game I most want us to wn, followed by Everton at home.

In the context of a season there will be more important games but the 2 games against Everton are generally the ones I want to win most. Pretty sure that I'm not unusual in that. I know that most, if not all my Liverpool supporting mate and family would say something similar. Probably depends where you are from to be fair.

Total madness.  You are saying you would rather take 6/6 from Everton but lose both games to City?

Do you think United were saying these things about City in the late 90's/00's compared to Arsenal/Chelsea?