Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245866 times)

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
Re: Cancer
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2010, 09:46:58 pm »
Lost my dad to it this summer its horrible! :(
Worse thing was he passed away while we were on holiday ( had been at uni thing) and hadnt seen him for four days :(
One of the only things you take out of it is knowing there not suffering the pain that i know he was in!

R.I.P DAD :(

Offline Super MAC

• ....and a nice pair of trousers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2010, 09:53:08 pm »
Be strong mate
All governments are lying cocksuckers - Bill Hicks

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2010, 05:25:43 pm »
Horrible thing for anyone to have, lost too many close family to it. I'm doing a parachute jump for charity in a couple of months, naturally in aid in Cancer Research along with a few other mates who have chosen them.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2010, 11:07:22 pm »
A friend lost her battle against cancer last night.

She was only 28 and had it off and on for almost half her life.

She was a lovely girl and always smiling.

RIP Kiran.

:(

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2010, 11:10:17 pm »
so young :(

Sorry to hear of your loss.
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #125 on: February 1, 2010, 04:13:15 am »

RIP Kiran.

What a shame.

R.I.P. :(

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #126 on: February 1, 2010, 05:13:05 am »
RIP
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #127 on: February 1, 2010, 06:19:58 am »
Lost my dad to it this summer its horrible! :(
Worse thing was he passed away while we were on holiday ( had been at uni thing) and hadnt seen him for four days :(
One of the only things you take out of it is knowing there not suffering the pain that i know he was in!

R.I.P DAD :(

Just saw this. Stay strong, Stephen mate.

Your dad is in a better place now.

R.I.P.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 3, 2010, 02:32:04 pm »
FUcking hate this.Wasnt going to post but got to vent my anger somewhere.Lost my dad last year (july 29th) after a long battle with leukemia. My mum got a phone call from the docs just this morning  having gone for a scan and stuff last week and has been told they are taking her into the womens hospital on friday coz they are almost certain she has cancer.  :'(
Im not sure i can cope going through it again.i know that sounds so selfish,and im praying beyond hope that its not cancer,but right now i just wanna go get pissed or something.
Horrible horrible nasty disease
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #129 on: February 3, 2010, 02:38:07 pm »
FUcking hate this.Wasnt going to post but got to vent my anger somewhere.Lost my dad last year (july 29th) after a long battle with leukemia. My mum got a phone call from the docs just this morning  having gone for a scan and stuff last week and has been told they are taking her into the womens hospital on friday coz they are almost certain she has cancer.  :'(
Im not sure i can cope going through it again.i know that sounds so selfish,and im praying beyond hope that its not cancer,but right now i just wanna go get pissed or something.

Oh my god!! Gutted for you. Try and stay strong for your mum Ian xx
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline ItchySpoons

• Kopite
  • I.R. Baboon
« Reply #130 on: February 3, 2010, 02:42:18 pm »
Fuck that's horrible to hear mate. I really hope it's not cancer but the main thing is just to stay strong for your mum. Awful that you've gone through this already, just try to surround yourself with good friends and find someone to talk it over with. Hope it all works out for your mum, you and your family mate I really do.
Twitter - @DeanGHayes

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 3, 2010, 02:53:18 pm »
cheers peeps.
just cant fucking believe this is happening. Thanks for your kind wishes guys

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 3, 2010, 03:12:45 pm »
Sorry to hear that Roady, I hope everything goes ok with your mom and is nothing but a scare.

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 3, 2010, 03:17:04 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear that Roady. I unfortunately understand what you're going through. My aunt has been battling with breast cancer these past 12 months and seems to be on the mend. Life was starting to look brighter again and then just to bring us all back down to earth with an almighty bump her husband was diagnosed with stomach cancer on Monday.  :(  Its such a nasty, horrible disease that can strike at any time.

Hopefully after your mum has been to the hospital she can focus on getting well again. 
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #134 on: February 3, 2010, 03:20:40 pm »

All the best to you and your mum. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #135 on: February 3, 2010, 04:12:19 pm »
Sorry to hear that roady,thoughts go out to you all.

Ive just finished a three month cycle of chemotherapy after having radical surgery to have half my lung removed due to lung cancer last september. tonight im going to try 5-a-side football for the first time in six months. shitting it incase im too fragile to play now but if i can play and be ok then this will be monumental for me. im 34 and ive been battling this fucking disease for 12 years now......

Just remember roady,it doesnt always end in tears and it more often than not brings you closer to those around you... be strong for her and be the rock she will need in this.......
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 3, 2010, 04:14:41 pm »
cheers mate, and best of luck with the five a side! i couldnt run for a bus!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 3, 2010, 04:18:31 pm »
Ive just finished a three month cycle of chemotherapy after having radical surgery to have half my lung removed due to lung cancer last september. tonight im going to try 5-a-side football for the first time in six months. shitting it incase im too fragile to play now but if i can play and be ok then this will be monumental for me. im 34 and ive been battling this fucking disease for 12 years now......
Fucking inspirational mate. Love reading stuff like this. My Grandpa has cancer in his lung lining and i know how much that has wrecked his breathing. For you to even talk about playing 5-a-side makes me smile.

For Roady, i can only wish the absolute best for you and your family.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #138 on: February 3, 2010, 04:18:33 pm »
Sorry to hear that Roady, terrible news, keep your chin up, thoughts are with you.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #139 on: February 3, 2010, 05:01:39 pm »
Fucking inspirational mate. Love reading stuff like this. My Grandpa has cancer in his lung lining and i know how much that has wrecked his breathing. For you to even talk about playing 5-a-side makes me smile.

For Roady, i can only wish the absolute best for you and your family.

Cheers mate. bricking it to be honest! if i cant play ill be gutted. been doing a bit of running to get back up to speed but not sure how fragile my body might be.... used to play twice a week a year ago then had to stop for all the tests. if i can play ill be shouting from the fucking rooftops!! back to sunday league then!!

Always a silver lining in these things,might not be obvious at first but its true.....

thanks to this ive decided to become a counsellor,start my training this year. i want to help people my age who have to deal with this be it as a carer or as a patient... used to be a joiner but had to stop for long term health reasons!

the best thing anyone can do when faced with this is to keep smiling,its half the battle.

the other half is to always think positive and treat this disease as an unwelcome guest. a lodger you no longer want....

Henry Rollins

Offline bigman1981

• For men
  • Legacy Fan
  • OOT wool - but just can't help loving LFC!
« Reply #140 on: February 3, 2010, 08:49:17 pm »
Best of luck with your Mum, Roady.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is a false alarm for you.
Red Forever!!!!!

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #141 on: February 3, 2010, 09:15:06 pm »
Dont want to detract from roady and his plight but thought id share with you the fact that ive just come back from 5-a-side and i fuckin did it! scored a hat-trick! haha! im fuckin buzzin! i was well rusty but ive not played for six months so i would be! but i didnt collapse,didnt struggle with my breathing and set a few up as well! im a bit chuffed with myself to say the least.........

fucking cancer........

Henry Rollins

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 3, 2010, 09:47:26 pm »
Nice work! How old are you? We could do with a striker  ;D
seriously though nice one mate thats an achievement that! Hopefully onwards and upwards

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #143 on: February 3, 2010, 09:57:19 pm »
First time Ive been back in this thread in a while.So sorry for your loss Walshy,hope your doing ok,keep the head up.RIP Gloria

Same to you Roady,best of luck.Hope your Mum is ok.

Horrible horrible disease,fucked up my family aswell and heartbreaking how common it is.Guy I know died from Leukemia at the age of just 19 over the summer.Despise,detest the disease.  :no
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #144 on: February 3, 2010, 10:01:40 pm »
Nice work! How old are you? We could do with a striker  ;D
seriously though nice one mate thats an achievement that! Hopefully onwards and upwards

Haha! im 34! half the player i was but still got my pace and a mean left foot!! what league do you play in? im in the warrington sunday league with a team called Rec FC.....

Thanks though mate. probably the biggest thing ive achieved in all this i think.... not much to most but massive to me and carrying on with what i can call a 'normal life'......

Henry Rollins

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 4, 2010, 08:37:14 am »
Dont want to detract from roady and his plight but thought id share with you the fact that ive just come back from 5-a-side and i fuckin did it! scored a hat-trick! haha! im fuckin buzzin! i was well rusty but ive not played for six months so i would be! but i didnt collapse,didnt struggle with my breathing and set a few up as well! im a bit chuffed with myself to say the least.........

fucking cancer........
Nice one mate.  :)

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #146 on: February 4, 2010, 10:44:13 am »
Thanks fella...

Henry Rollins

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 4, 2010, 11:02:53 am »
Haha! im 34! half the player i was but still got my pace and a mean left foot!! what league do you play in? im in the warrington sunday league with a team called Rec FC.....

Thanks though mate. probably the biggest thing ive achieved in all this i think.... not much to most but massive to me and carrying on with what i can call a 'normal life'......
Great news... Best of luck, keep progressing, as Rafa says, one game at the time ;)

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #148 on: February 4, 2010, 11:50:51 am »
Hehe very true Lady_brandybuck! thanks!

Henry Rollins

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 4, 2010, 12:15:45 pm »
One positive thing to maybe think about: people can and do recover from cancer. My mum knows someone who has beaten the disease 3 times. Her first fight against cancer was more than 30 years ago.
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 4, 2010, 12:57:23 pm »
Sorry to hear that Roady. It's awful.

Kiran's funeral tomorrow and it's going to be tough on her family who are all very close.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 5, 2010, 07:30:37 am »

RIP Kiran.

Sorry to hear that.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 5, 2010, 07:37:42 am »

fucking cancer........

Brilliant. Last I checked Liverpool still need a proper left winger ;)

All the best in staying cancer-free for the rest of your life. How often do you have to go for checks?

Offline Baz1LFC

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: February 5, 2010, 11:42:12 am »
Lost alot of family members to cancer its a horrible disease. My grandad was healthy used to take me too matches when i was a lad then 8 months later he was barely unrecogniseable and died not long after. Sadly the lasting memories are of him on a hospital bed with all tubes coming out of him. Horrible horrible evil disease.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #154 on: February 5, 2010, 12:41:01 pm »
Brilliant. Last I checked Liverpool still need a proper left winger ;)

All the best in staying cancer-free for the rest of your life. How often do you have to go for checks?

Haha,tellin ya! i know for a fact i could do a better job than twitter boy babbel!! ;)

Have to go for checks every three months for the first two years then every 6 months for the next three... 5 years in all then the all clear hopefully for good.....

RIP Kiran.......ynwa

Henry Rollins

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #155 on: February 5, 2010, 12:49:10 pm »
Hard reading this thread. I treat people with cancer on a daily basis, but reading stories like those on this thread are actually harder than doing the job I do.

To all those battling with this horrible disease, and to all those with family and friends doing so I wish you the best luck and the best treatment going. To those mentioned who lost their battles, may you rest in peace. And if anyone is worried about anyone who is having/about to have radiotherapy at Clatterbridge drop me a PM.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #156 on: February 5, 2010, 01:09:12 pm »
Ive had treatment at clatterbridge,RT and chemo more recently..... i have to say its in my opinion a fantastic hospital. staff are amazing and despite how rushed they might be they still give you time and care if you need anything......

if you work there -HH- good on you. you are helping in more ways than one even if you dont get the recognition you deserve....

Henry Rollins

Offline jam1erp

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: February 5, 2010, 01:10:04 pm »
In my line of work I often assist people who have been throught traumatic times such as coming to terms with an illness or dealing with bereavement.  What never ceases to amaze me is how resilient and strong people are in the face of adversity (even if they don't see it themselves at the time).  Also don't underestimate the power of social support from friends, family, RAWK, etc.

My thoughts go out to all who are affected (and we all are to one degree or another).

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #158 on: February 6, 2010, 01:11:34 am »
Hard reading this thread. I treat people with cancer on a daily basis, but reading stories like those on this thread are actually harder than doing the job I do.

To all those battling with this horrible disease, and to all those with family and friends doing so I wish you the best luck and the best treatment going. To those mentioned who lost their battles, may you rest in peace. And if anyone is worried about anyone who is having/about to have radiotherapy at Clatterbridge drop me a PM.

I salute you.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2010, 08:37:45 am »
Took my Grandfather yesterday. He was a great man, a great dad, and a great friend. Also the reason I am a red.

RIP Gramps