Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 330912 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Aussie Thread
« Reply #4080 on: April 18, 2017, 11:24:59 pm »
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/04/18/turnbull-scraps-457-visa-program-foreign-workers

So sad. Another country of immigrants seemingly making very insular moves.

Apparently, they're really going after genuine skill shortages in this newly rebranded scheme. But in the process, they're about to gut the life and medical sciences sector where Australia punches far above its weight on the global stage. Literally, no one can be hired in this area anymore unless they're already Australian permanent residents at the minimum even if they're world-leading experts. Simultaneously insular and anti-intellectual.

You're absolutely right about the country of immigrants turning insular. All based on vague suggestions that the 457 is being rorted by dodgy Indian IT guys. Yet, most people working in the industry say that there is a genuine shortage of skills in Australia and so many IT related professions remain on the new list.

This PR stunt to make Turnbull look like a strong leader will actually result in little concrete action in terms of locals getting jobs but will go on to cause serious damage to several industries.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4081 on: April 18, 2017, 11:47:34 pm »
As an IT worker in a perennially over-worked and under-staffed company, I can confirm that finding people with the right IT skills is incredibly difficult, and almost impossible when restricted to an Australian talent pool (since anyone who's any good already has a good job), so any effort by Turnbull to restrict our options is much unappreciated.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4082 on: April 20, 2017, 10:18:49 am »
Rampant xenophobia and racism from Turdbull with these new laws. Sweeping changes that have been brought in with immediate effect as well, which demonstrates a complete lack of respect for due process or even the chance to consider the implications of these changes.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4083 on: April 21, 2017, 02:02:38 am »
And it's not even as though Turnbull is a racist/xenophobe. Unfortunately after Brexit and Trump, Australian politicians decided that - rather than become a bastion of tolerance and progressivism like other major powers such as New Zealand - it was necessary to make a huge jump to the right, because that's the "new reality". It's typical of the piss-weak, America's-bitch mentality that has pervaded Australian politics since... well probably forever, or at least since Keating left office.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: April 21, 2017, 02:21:47 am »
And it's not even as though Turnbull is a racist/xenophobe. Unfortunately after Brexit and Trump, Australian politicians decided that - rather than become a bastion of tolerance and progressivism like other major powers such as New Zealand - it was necessary to make a huge jump to the right, because that's the "new reality". It's typical of the piss-weak, America's-bitch mentality that has pervaded Australian politics since... well probably forever, or at least since Keating left office.

You're right. It's a swing to the right so that they can absorb the votes of the disenfranchised by globalisation crowd. Them and the Pauline Hanson crew.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: April 21, 2017, 03:13:40 am »
And cosying up to Hanson worked so well in WA... you'd think they'd get the message by now, but no wait - let's open more coal mines! Man, Turnbull is the biggest disappointment I can think of in Australian political history. Finally there seemed to be a guy who was going to bring the Liberals to the centre and possibly instil some human decency into conservative politics, but no - he's more jellyfish than man.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4086 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:06 pm »
First the Working Holiday Tax rate hike (which has killed the farms), and now narrowing the sponsorship field. All those who want to do the shit jobs for low pay stand up.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: April 27, 2017, 06:41:00 am »
For all the Aussies that have lived in Liverpool or the Scousers now living in Australia, Bongos Bingo is coming to Sydney and Melbourne in June! One of the best things I did when I lived there, such good fun!

https://www.facebook.com/BongosBingo/photos/a.1000577546621721.1073741828.974901659189310/1574046222608181/?type=3

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: May 19, 2017, 05:53:19 am »
Anyone going to Sydney next week for the match?

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4089 on: May 20, 2017, 09:15:15 am »
Anyone going to Sydney next week for the match?

I live just down the road from the ANZ and I can't be arsed. I think it's a big commercial rip off. Don't get me wrong it'll be great for those who've never had the chance to see their idols but I just don't get it. How the fuck do they get here for a Wednesday kick off when we're playing Boro at home on Sunday, they'll be fucked! I know some of the veterans are playing, however, from the adverts I've seen, they reckon it's the first team. The price of the tickets too, they're taking the piss! Grumpy arl twat me!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: May 20, 2017, 09:36:18 am »
I live just down the road from the ANZ and I can't be arsed. I think it's a big commercial rip off. Don't get me wrong it'll be great for those who've never had the chance to see their idols but I just don't get it. How the fuck do they get here for a Wednesday kick off when we're playing Boro at home on Sunday, they'll be fucked! I know some of the veterans are playing, however, from the adverts I've seen, they reckon it's the first team. The price of the tickets too, they're taking the piss! Grumpy arl twat me!

I get it 100%. It is a massive rip-off and I had half a mind to sell off my ticket when I found out they were bringing back the "legends", but I've got some mates in Newcastle and Sydney, and it's been a while since my last holiday, so I figured why the hell not. Still, it'll be a decent day out and I really like Sydney, so win-win!

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4091 on: May 20, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »
I get it 100%. It is a massive rip-off and I had half a mind to sell off my ticket when I found out they were bringing back the "legends", but I've got some mates in Newcastle and Sydney, and it's been a while since my last holiday, so I figured why the hell not. Still, it'll be a decent day out and I really like Sydney, so win-win!

Understandable, I hope you have a great time mate. Have the powers that be discussed what happens if, in the unlikely event, we go into a play off for third with City? Who plays in Sydney then?
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4092 on: May 21, 2017, 02:57:43 am »
Understandable, I hope you have a great time mate. Have the powers that be discussed what happens if, in the unlikely event, we go into a play off for third with City? Who plays in Sydney then?

I reckon they're assuming that we'll just win and get into the top 4 without the need for any playoffs. I guess if the worst case scenario does transpire, we'll probably get to watch Conor Randall and Juanma bomb down the wings like Carlos Alberto of old. ;D

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #4093 on: May 21, 2017, 04:45:21 am »
Reckon I'll experience the Imperial for the first time tonight for our game -  Have work at 7am but definitely pulling a sickie ;D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: June 1, 2017, 03:41:55 am »
Any Adelaide folks here? Making the move in 4 weeks or so.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: June 1, 2017, 08:22:06 am »
Are serial killers likely to respond when you ask if they are one?

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: June 2, 2017, 09:09:31 am »
I'm so sorry.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4097 on: June 2, 2017, 09:28:36 am »

You won't get any responses as they don't have the internet yet. Try using a fax with the prefix of 00618 and pick 8 random numbers. Someone might know a relative that's been following LFC from their weekly VHS collection.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: June 2, 2017, 12:19:53 pm »
Assuming you are all from Melbourne then? ;D

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: June 3, 2017, 09:37:15 am »
I'm in Sydney, everyone's fucking antisocial here.

Why Adelaide though?
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4100 on: June 3, 2017, 10:08:51 am »
I quite liked Adelaide and the surrounding area. Guess I didn't have to live there though!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4101 on: June 3, 2017, 11:09:30 am »
I'm in Sydney, everyone's fucking antisocial here.

Why Adelaide though?

Got a cool new job!

P.S. Sydney is cliquey but gets much better after a period.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2017, 11:28:12 am by jooneyisdagloomy »

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #4102 on: June 8, 2017, 05:29:45 am »
Shit house weather here in Sydney, just in time for the long weekend! How you fellas all doing?
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4103 on: June 13, 2017, 07:26:10 am »
I only went out once all long weekend, and that was to go to the movies.  It was fucking glorious!  Though I did try to go and have some bacon and eggs at a cafe on Saturday only to be told that the kitchen was closed - at 3pm!  What is the world coming to I ask.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4104 on: July 10, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »
8 years since I moved to Australia. Where the fuck did all that time go?!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: July 13, 2017, 07:23:44 am »
8 years since I moved to Australia. Where the fuck did all that time go?!

Just passed 17 years... I arrived on the day the GST started.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4106 on: July 13, 2017, 07:57:30 am »
21yrs now, best thing I ever did.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #4107 on: July 19, 2017, 07:24:15 am »
Is the game on the box over here tonight?
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4108 on: July 19, 2017, 08:20:46 am »
Is the game on the box over here tonight?

Just checked LFCTV HD on Foxtel at it looks they are only playing audio (WTF???) @ 10:30PM.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #4109 on: July 19, 2017, 08:21:56 am »
Saw that, whats that about??? Thought it might be on bein but cant find it
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4110 on: July 19, 2017, 11:04:29 am »
Saw that, whats that about??? Thought it might be on bein but cant find it

BEIN has Bayern v Arsenal.

Mental that the LFCTV channel only providing audio.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4111 on: July 31, 2017, 10:24:20 am »
RIP Les Murray.

Such an important man for the game in our country.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4112 on: July 31, 2017, 11:55:24 am »
RIP Les Murray.

Such an important man for the game in our country.

Is he the guy who used to present on SBS? I'm sure re did far more than that too but I remember the name and can picture him from back in the day.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: July 31, 2017, 02:03:49 pm »
Is he the guy who used to present on SBS? I'm sure re did far more than that too but I remember the name and can picture him from back in the day.

He is. A sad loss to the footballing community and beyond. He always came across as a fantastic gentleman too.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: August 1, 2017, 09:18:30 am »
HOW ARE THERE SO MANY JOBS IN AUSTRALIA?

LOL, AMAZING!!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4115 on: August 1, 2017, 11:24:01 am »
I assume that's sarcasm?

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4116 on: August 1, 2017, 03:34:03 pm »
I assume that's sarcasm?

Huh, no way. it's so easy, i'm literally jumping from contract to contract.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4117 on: August 5, 2017, 01:02:43 am »
Fck Foxtel!!! 2 years ago we were the envy of the world with every PL match live. Then they lost it to Optus and 'filled' the void by providing the EFL through a package of BEIN Sports channels. Now we're left with 1 live match per week on Free to Air.

Now shopping around for options.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4118 on: August 5, 2017, 01:09:12 am »
Fck Foxtel!!! 2 years ago we were the envy of the world with every PL match live. Then they lost it to Optus and 'filled' the void by providing the EFL through a package of BEIN Sports channels. Now we're left with 1 live match per week on Free to Air.

Now shopping around for options.

It's a joke. I would rather pirate the games than sign contracts with 3/4 different companies just so I can watch Liverpool play. I couldn't give less of a fuck about other teams and their games, so not sure why Optus or Foxtel and their likes think advertising that they have multiple club channels is going to work. Clearly, the guys at the top don't understand their customers at all.

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4119 on: August 5, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
Wait you can watch all matches if you have Optus right??