Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 347834 times)

Offline Gmol

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Given that some of the fringe English players will be in action tonight possibly Cahill, will Kenny or DC be there to watch or will they be attending any of the other matches.

Offline SMACLFC

• Legacy Fan
Hold on and I'll give Kenny a ring see what he's doing.

Probably, who knows.  ;)

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
No, they have a game on monopoly planned instead.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No, they have a game on monopoly planned instead.

Nah, they're going round Rafa's for a game of Stratego.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
*Waits for innevitable Mac_Red invasion*

Offline SecondComing

• Anny Roader
I think Comolli is still watching Lille v Toulouse

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Comolli was at ENG U21's
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.

LOL :lickin

Offline rappcats

• Kopite
  • *random formation graph*
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!

:lmao

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan

He's trapped there, he can't get out!
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
Oliver Kay had an interesting Times webchat today...said that he had it from a solid source that Liverpool were focussing on Young, Adam and Cahill and also Jarvis. Also that the club hadn't decided on who their top target at LB was but it would be addressed. When asked about Man U coming in for Young/Adam, Kay said that first team opportunities could be a major factor for the players in deciding to move and that Liverpool were very good at selling the club and making an individual feel special / that it had more opportunity at LFC...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Oliver Kay had an interesting Times webchat today...said that he had it from a solid source that Liverpool were focussing on Young, Adam and Cahill and also Jarvis. Also that the club hadn't decided on who their top target at LB was but it would be addressed. When asked about Man U coming in for Young/Adam, Kay said that first team opportunities could be a major factor for the players in deciding to move and that Liverpool were very good at selling the club and making an individual feel special / that it had more opportunity at LFC...

Good to hear

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Nice swan  :thumbup

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oliver Kay had an interesting Times webchat today...said that he had it from a solid source that Liverpool were focussing on Young, Adam and Cahill and also Jarvis.

Cheers for the update.

Not overly enthusiastic about any of those though apart from Cahill. There are better players than Young and Jarvis, for example Sanchez or Hazard who'd I'd rather see us sign.

I was hoping we'd sign Adam during the January window but I believe there'll be better players available in the summer. He's a decent footballer but was pretty abysmal at the weekend, looks very slow and slightly overweight.

I'd take all of the above as squad players in the hope we'd also be signing some potentially world class players as well to complement them.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hah - this is a thinly veiled thread!

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Turan Honda Hazard Sanchez

Neymar! Fuck yeah!
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Turan Honda Hazard Sanchez

Neymar! Fuck yeah!

You're internet connection must be slow mate, Neymar's old news now.

Its about Suarez's baker brother.

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
Hah - this is a thinly veiled thread!

since the other fantasy transfer thread got canned, where will everyone post their top targets?

here i guess:

neymar
sanchez
hazard
messi
xabi
rafa benitez
jesus.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

I would be happy with those signings.

Cheers for the update.

Not overly enthusiastic about any of those though apart from Cahill. There are better players than Young and Jarvis, for example Sanchez or Hazard who'd I'd rather see us sign.

I was hoping we'd sign Adam during the January window but I believe there'll be better players available in the summer. He's a decent footballer but was pretty abysmal at the weekend, looks very slow and slightly overweight.

I'd take all of the above as squad players in the hope we'd also be signing some potentially world class players as well to complement them.

Both are valued at over £25m and are being targeted by huge clubs in the top tier of European competition. We may not even be in the Europa League. What makes you think they would come to us?

Offline Mackeroo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Both are valued at over £25m and are being targeted by huge clubs in the top tier of European competition. We may not even be in the Europa League. What makes you think they would come to us?

I would hope that they could be convinced to come to us, same way Suarez was.

I'd imaginge the pitch would be along the lines of we're building something here, are you willing to sacrifice the CL for a season or two in order to ensure long term sustained success.

FWIW, the transfer fees they'll command won't be a problem for us. It's whether they want CL football immediately that'll be the clincher.

I like Jarvis and Young, they're good footballers and would do well here. I'm just hoping we can get some exciting world class players as well.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I would hope that they could be convinced to come to us, same way Suarez was.

I'd imaginge the pitch would be along the lines of we're building something here, are you willing to sacrifice the CL for a season or two in order to ensure long term sustained success.

FWIW, the transfer fees they'll command won't be a problem for us. It's whether they want CL football immediately that'll be the clincher.

I like Jarvis and Young, they're good footballers and would do well here. I'm just hoping we can get some exciting world class players as well.

It depends on competition. Unless I am mistaken, there didn't appear to be the same level of competition for Suarez when we went for him than there probably would have been had we have gone for him last summer. If there had been clubs like Inter or Madrid (who are reportedly interested in Sanchez and Hazard), then things may have been different.

Also, I know its not a major thing, but Suarez did say that one of the reasons for signing for us was that we were always challenging, so players clearly are looking at teams who are already competing.

Are Sanchez and Hazard world class already?

Anyway, I think its important to have players who have the qualities that we need and have proven it. Ashley Young is proven in this league and has the attributes that we need, as does someone like Cahill. If you mix them with the likes of Gerrard, Reina, Suarez then you have enough to do well.

I think Man Utd have shown this season that you don't need a potentially brilliant 11 to do well in this league.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
You're internet connection must be slow mate, Neymar's old news now.

Its about Suarez's baker brother.

We defo need to target Luis' brother, not sure if we'll face competition from the global brands like warbuton's. Whatever happens I hope we stump up the dough for him..

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If the list is correct, we'll certainly be quite a threat from set pieces next season.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This table is top 20 premier league assists.

1   Luis Nani   Man Utd   16

2   Andrey Arshavin   Arsenal   11

3   Leighton Baines   Everton   11

4   Chris Brunt   WBA   11

5   Wayne Rooney   Man Utd   11

6   Didier Drogba   Chelsea   10

7   Francesc Fabregas   Arsenal   10

8   Peter Crouch   Tottenham   9

9   Matthew Etherington   Stoke City   8

10   Charlie Adam   Blackpool   7

11   Stewart Downing   Aston Villa   7

12   Chung-Yong Lee   Bolton   7

13   Rafael Van der Vaart   Tottenham   7

14   Ashley Young   Aston Villa   7

15   Marc Albrighton   Aston Villa   6

16   Joey Barton   Newcastle   6

17   Andrew Carroll   Liverpool   6

18   Darren Fletcher   Man Utd   6

19   Ryan Giggs   Man Utd   6

20   Matthew Jarvis   Wolves   6

Even though the players we are getting linked to aren't world class names, it's good to see that several of them are in the top 20  table for assists. This season we have been struggling for goals and without the likes of Suarez and Gerrard ,we don't seem to be able to create many goal scoring opportunities. I'm sure players like Hazard, Sanchez e.t.c have the potential to top the tables with the likes of Nani, but with squad/first team players we are currently linked to, we should have many more attacking options and have a far more balanced team. Obviously we would love to sign many 'world class' players but the players we are linked to would make for a far more solid foundation. The likes of Man city are a perfect example that throwing money about doesn't always make for a balanced and settled squad. If we signed one world class player this summer with a few of the aforementioned,  I would be a very happy bunny.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
If the list is correct, we'll certainly be quite a threat from set pieces next season.

So, we've signed a massive target man and are now buying players to make us good at set-pieces? Fuckinghell, I knew Kenny was trying to turn us into Stoke and hoofing!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan

:lmao :lmao :lmao epic game

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
We defo need to target Luis' brother, not sure if we'll face competition from the global brands like warbuton's. Whatever happens I hope we stump up the dough for him..

Warburtons, Hovis, Sunblessed and Kingsmill are the traditional big 4.

Im not so confident we can compete.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Can't believe Matt Jarvis has 6 assists playing for Wolves.

He isn't anywhere near the best player in the world, but he'd be deadly paired with Andy Carroll. He's got very accurate delivery from either flank and he has no worries making a bit of space for himself. His crossing reminds me of Steve Finnan. Only difference is that Finnan was crossing with accuracy and no pace for Crouch. Jarvis would be doing it with Carroll, a man who has neck muscles to make a mountain goat blush.

Would be great just to have that option on the bench/in the squad, if Wolves went down.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So, we've signed a massive target man and are now buying players to make us good at set-pieces? Fuckinghell, I knew Kenny was trying to turn us into Stoke and hoofing!

:D

I'm sure that'll be just one of the many facets to our bow!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:57:55 pm by dnkw »

Offline sherwos8

• Kopite
Nice goal by Turan, with his right too.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
I would be happy with those signings.

Maybe there`s a chance that people may see past a potential season of no european football and see LFC instead. Maybe they might see potential in our latest signings and future signings. Maybe people might see the King and want to play for him. Maybe just maybe

Offline Austin_610

• Boys Pen
I would love to sign world class talent as much as anything but I feel our targets are pretty good. These are good, proven Premiership players that add something that we are currently playing. Something I have noticed is the ages of our targets. Young is 26/27, Jarvis is 24, Cahil is 23, Adam is 25 and Baines is 25/26. By the time these players are looking past their prime hopefully we would have blooded the likes of Suso, Sterling etc to replace them

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
I have heard from a reliable source (never gets anything wrong to do with the club) that we have people watching a player called Andy Carroll tonight.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Anfield might be million miles away but it's home
I think we're looking at Sanchez instead of Hazard as it seems he wants CL football. I think it's important we land someone like Sanchez to show our intent to our players and fans. Although those names I don't mind, I just want a good and balanced squad next season.

Offline rappcats

• Kopite
  • *random formation graph*
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
To get the balance right we must mix proven premiership players to give our squad the required depth (shouts like Jarvis or Adam sound really good) and foreign first team players to give us the edge over the opposition.

In my opinion buying players like Young (PL proven, but designed for the first team ) would be a mistake - we would have to pay for him at least 15m - for the long term we should splash 10m more and go for players of Sanchez/Hazard caliber who are very similar to Young at the moment, but have a 3-5 year handicap over him and can develop, can't see Young getting better.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
This table is top 20 premier league assists.

1   Luis Nani   Man Utd   16

2   Andrey Arshavin   Arsenal   11

3   Leighton Baines   Everton   11

4   Chris Brunt   WBA   11

5   Wayne Rooney   Man Utd   11

6   Didier Drogba   Chelsea   10

7   Francesc Fabregas   Arsenal   10

8   Peter Crouch   Tottenham   9

9   Matthew Etherington   Stoke City   8

10   Charlie Adam   Blackpool   7

11   Stewart Downing   Aston Villa   7

12   Chung-Yong Lee   Bolton   7

13   Rafael Van der Vaart   Tottenham   7

14   Ashley Young   Aston Villa   7

15   Marc Albrighton   Aston Villa   6

16   Joey Barton   Newcastle   6

17   Andrew Carroll   Liverpool   6

18   Darren Fletcher   Man Utd   6

19   Ryan Giggs   Man Utd   6

20   Matthew Jarvis   Wolves   6

Even though the players we are getting linked to aren't world class names, it's good to see that several of them are in the top 20  table for assists. This season we have been struggling for goals and without the likes of Suarez and Gerrard ,we don't seem to be able to create many goal scoring opportunities. I'm sure players like Hazard, Sanchez e.t.c have the potential to top the tables with the likes of Nani, but with squad/first team players we are currently linked to, we should have many more attacking options and have a far more balanced team. Obviously we would love to sign many 'world class' players but the players we are linked to would make for a far more solid foundation. The likes of Man city are a perfect example that throwing money about doesn't always make for a balanced and settled squad. If we signed one world class player this summer with a few of the aforementioned,  I would be a very happy bunny.

Kuyt has 6 assists (our top assister) and Suarez has 3 in 5 games. Not bad, but I do agree, we need some additional creative options in our side. We have lacked creativity, especially in wide areas, for too long now.

Offline Luis Carroll

• Main Stander
LFC sign young Irish full-back Ryan McLaughlin

Liverpool FC have boosted their youth ranks by signing Northern Ireland U17′s international Ryan McLaughlin (16) from Glenavon.

McLaughlin who is currently in Belguim taking part in the UEFA European U17 Championship Elite Round mini tournament has agreed a 3 year deal with LFC.

Ryan McLaughlin is an attacking fullback and one of the best prospects to come out of Northern Ireland.

Speaking on his move, he said “Things are going really well. I’ve signed for Liverpool on a three year contract and move over later this year. Hopefully I can play well over there and do enough to earn a renewal of my contract and we’ll see where things go.”

http://www.lfcismyreligion.com/lfc-sign-young-irish-full-back-ryan-mclaughlin/

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
Young may not drastically improve like Hazard or Sanchez could (and I agree on this), however Young would be a good buy. He's a very good winger and being domestic is always a benefit in terms of commitment and morale.

Offline tamadic

• Kopite

I like all of them... however, if we buy them all, are we going to use up all of our transfer budget?
Then, what's the job of Comoli for? I thought he is mostly as a scout of foreign players...
LB must be from overseas?  :>

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan

A game so epic it now allows any random player to sub in to allow Comolli to have a look at them...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones