Author Topic: Got any odds?  (Read 3673 times)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Got any odds?
« on: November 25, 2019, 10:47:52 am »
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 10:17:26 pm by Alan_X »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Got any odds?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 11:43:46 am »
Anyone from the late 70s early 80s will remember Jaffa from the aways and in the Anfield road end

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 12:57:05 pm »
Threw in a few quid for the crowd funding....Jaffa was always there home and away despite struggling with cash. A legend from those days.

Help the lad out , few quid from Rawkites.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 01:03:18 pm »
C'mon ..loads on RAWK go on how great club/fans are ,well show it in a bit of support for good lad fell in hard times...this lad used to fo loads of running for charity too...time to put your money where your mouth is..just a couple of quid from everyone here will really help this lad out.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 01:58:37 pm »
^

Anyone from the late 70s early 80s will remember Jaffa from the aways and in the Anfield road end

Only remember him being in the Kop.  ???
Incredibly popular fella.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 02:48:35 pm »
^

Only remember him being in the Kop.  ???
Incredibly popular fella.

He used to go with lads from Walton I knew from school , Great to see it smash the target

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 03:20:38 pm »
Fuck me, don't make the mistake I did of reading the Echo comments on that article.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 04:32:46 pm »
When I get back I'll chuck something in.

He's are leader!

Funny the title, walked back to Selhurst station with 'Odds' after the match. I never understood a word of it! ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 04:45:19 pm »
He sounds like such a nice fella, glad there's been lots raised for him so far and hopefully this can get him up and running again.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 07:00:37 pm »
Over 9 grand raised. Well in Jaffa lad.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 07:34:51 pm »
Me mate just txt me abar it saying the the club should give Jaffa a job selling merch at the match.

Endorsed by Jaffa, we'll all be on it :lmao

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 09:24:37 pm »
Over 9 grand raised. Well in Jaffa lad.
Brilliant :)

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 10:14:35 pm »
Just read that the LFC Foundation donated a grand,boss that.

Currently at £10,662 

Link..

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-homeless-jaffa?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 10:18:06 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »
Seen this earlier .

Such a sad story but from what I've read Jaffa is strong and a good lad. Not signing on  , cycling to Manc for his stock etc. Wat people are doing for him is boss and the landord letting him camp there is such a good thing to for him to do.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2019, 11:56:42 pm »

Remember the Kop singing Jaffa Jaffa gives a wave. He gets up on one of the bars and waves at everyone.

Totally on me rag arse til tomorrow but will throw in a hong kong phooey when I get paid.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:58:32 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 12:04:08 am »
Just read that the LFC Foundation donated a grand,boss that.

Currently at £10,662 

Link..

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-homeless-jaffa?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Kin ell he'll end up buying ken in Formby at this rate.

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 12:15:55 am »
Fuck me, don't make the mistake I did of reading the Echo comments on that article.
Reading the comments on any story on the Echo site is never a good idea. I don't recognise my own city when reading them. There are far too many utter scumbags on there. Of course, that's not confined to just the Echo site.

Anyway, it's good to see Jaffa getting the support he needs. I've seen him outside the Strand in Bootle selling his stuff. He seems like a really decent fella. He's one of those characters everyone has heard of in Liverpool. Almost an urban myth. I hope things work out for him and he gets back on his feet.

I pass the Red Lion pub numerous times a week and I've seen the tent in the back garden but had no idea Jaffa was living in it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 10:27:34 am »
Ste.the lad who organised the fund left a message.

"Absolutely smashed the target, double what we set out to achieve. This will help provided the long term housing and stability he needs.

I’ve just left Jaffa (Ste Campbell) and he is overwhelmed by the support and generosity, literally speechless.

So what’s next. Speaking to housing associations and support charities, but will take some days to sort out. He’s in a B&B this week so he is warm, dry and safe. He is still walking round the pubs selling his stuff, so we will buy him waterproof jacket, pants and shoes. Thanks all again for the amazing support - together we are stronger.

Apologies to those I have not yet replied to, but am snowed under with all the messages of support and help. Please bear with me, I will get back to you."

Brilliant!

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 12:05:52 pm »
Not often you get a chance to totally change someone's life with a little token of kindness, What great days in the Kop, Oh Jaffa is is our King' or on the specials or on the Persil, we had it all in front of us, making it up as we went along, full of life. Hopefully this gets him out of a tight spot, no one should be living in a tent

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 12:30:58 pm »
Not often you get a chance to totally change someone's life with a little token of kindness, What great days in the Kop, Oh Jaffa is is our King' or on the specials or on the Persil, we had it all in front of us, making it up as we went along, full of life. Hopefully this gets him out of a tight spot, no one should be living in a tent

Haha the “ Persils” that’s took me back must be 40 years

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 03:23:50 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/much-loved-asda-worker-stunned-17318050

Who'll need 'it's a Wonderful life' at Chritmas when you got this and Jaffa's story....though thinking of starting a crowd funding to get VvD a £1.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 03:30:12 pm »
Haha the “ Persils” that’s took me back must be 40 years

Two travelled for price if one with a voucher ( or more) which was printed on box lid ...Stanley knife and cutting lid off box ...in the shop:D

Meet lads on the train " you on the Persil?".....mean something else now obv.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:33:50 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 04:06:16 pm »
Persil made the ordinary

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 06:52:24 pm »
Warms the cockles seeing humanity respond when someone's in need.

We're on our arses financially at the mo but will chuck something in when I can.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 08:05:07 pm »
Ste.the lad who organised the fund left a message.

"Absolutely smashed the target, double what we set out to achieve. This will help provided the long term housing and stability he needs.

I’ve just left Jaffa (Ste Campbell) and he is overwhelmed by the support and generosity, literally speechless.

So what’s next. Speaking to housing associations and support charities, but will take some days to sort out. He’s in a B&B this week so he is warm, dry and safe. He is still walking round the pubs selling his stuff, so we will buy him waterproof jacket, pants and shoes. Thanks all again for the amazing support - together we are stronger.

Apologies to those I have not yet replied to, but am snowed under with all the messages of support and help. Please bear with me, I will get back to you."

Brilliant!

Best news of the day. Always remember him as a youngun on the Specials. Everyone knew him.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 08:16:36 pm »
Best news of the day. Always remember him as a youngun on the Specials. Everyone knew him.

Not just at Anfield either for me..going back a few years now but I used to see him regular jogging on the dock road when I was out training.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2019, 05:08:50 pm »
With Christmas coming up it's truly heartwarming to see that this legendary Red, Jaffa, is now managing to get his life back together thanks to the kindness of so many people. Almost £13,000 has been raised and he no longer has to sleep in a tent. He has now got a bar job at Hotel Tia on Anfield Road and was given a ticket for the derby last night.  :)

Thankfully, there really are still some lovely people out there.  :wellin

All the best to Jaffa.  :)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/legendary-homeless-liverpool-fc-fan-17361587
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.