Author Topic: Elden Ring  (Read 19915 times)

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Elden Ring - Released 25/2/22 (Please use Spoiler tags!)
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2022, 01:21:18 pm »
anybody running this on the bog standard xbox 1?

read that its shit and not worth getting.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2022, 01:39:51 pm »
You don't need to git good in ER you just need to overlevel ;D

Generally speaking, yep.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2022, 01:48:28 pm »
I think some people have been a little fast off the mark with calling it the greatest game ever.

It is a great game but so frustrating.

A game should be a thing of wonder and excitement but wanting to punch the consol after death…

I’m currently in some place way harder than my level :) so I’m taking the deaths with good grace here (not much of a pun intended). There is some nice stuff where I am so I’m doing the running and looting and dying routine

The thing is though, even if you're not a high enough level for the area you're in, it's so easy to just run away if you get into any bother, and the graces are so common that in most cases you won't lose much progress if you do die. Make sure you spend all your runes as soon as you get a decent amount, don't push your luck, and then you can carry on exploring without any worries. And if in doubt, run! It's a valid mechanic.

In terms of exploration, wonder and excitement, this game is up there with BotW for me, if not better.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 01:50:10 pm by Snail »

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2022, 05:31:00 pm »
Beat Margit today, the twat

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2022, 08:09:25 pm »
Hey, what are night/day differences in terms of enemies? Any night only goodies worth looking out for?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2022, 08:19:02 pm »
Hey, what are night/day differences in terms of enemies? Any night only goodies worth looking out for?

There's some horsey c*nts and some flying c*nts.
:D

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2022, 09:36:41 pm »
Seems like some night only bosses also. What’s the red glow thing when you clear a group of enemies?

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2022, 09:44:37 pm »
Seems like some night only bosses also. What’s the red glow thing when you clear a group of enemies?

That's you getting some health flasks I think.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2022, 09:54:09 pm »
Ah sweet.
That’s handy.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2022, 11:23:40 pm »
Late game
Spoiler
Minimum of 30 attempts but I defeated Malekith the Black Blade this morning, what a classic Souls style bastard of a boss. So much damage, the new "Destined Death" status which is like an unblockable burn, and relentless attacks. 220k runes as a reward which only leveled me up twice ;D
[close]

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2022, 07:27:19 pm »
Roamed around a bit, playing the game of ‘ooh new enemy - can I take him on’ and often losing. Yet to meet an enemy worse than the goddamned mosquito. Managed to clear few minor bosses in caves, the Goldie Patrolling Horseboy and Margit who bragged a lot but bled even more. Not into going through the castle now, so I’m off to the south again.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2022, 08:10:45 pm »
Forgot to mention that I’ve managed the rarest of achievements, a character that looks half-decent.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2022, 08:22:20 pm »
Roamed around a bit, playing the game of ‘ooh new enemy - can I take him on’ and often losing. Yet to meet an enemy worse than the goddamned mosquito. Managed to clear few minor bosses in caves, the Goldie Patrolling Horseboy and Margit who bragged a lot but bled even more. Not into going through the castle now, so I’m off to the south again.

Getting through the castle can be quite tough depending on level/build, but I found the castle boss much easier than Margit and a much more enjoyable fight.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2022, 09:00:04 pm »
Getting through the castle can be quite tough depending on level/build, but I found the castle boss much easier than Margit and a much more enjoyable fight.

Godrick is a piece of piss and it fits lore-wise, what a loser.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2022, 09:05:32 pm »
Ok, seems like the Smithing Stones +2 I need are in the castle. Castle it is, I’m so close to Uchi +6.

Minutes later… are there sinister laughing armored tanks behind every dungeon door? 😬😁

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2022, 09:42:01 pm »
I’m not going to lie, I got lucky at the end there but the jumps in time to the music are probably the highlight of my life.

https://youtu.be/TnL_E_pZDSk

(No idea how to embed on here anymore but I was proud enough of it that I uploaded it to YouTube ;D)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2022, 10:06:52 pm »
Lovely, but what on earth happened at about 0:22, did you clip inside of the boss or something?

I've been running a blood damage build (I am not a Rivers of Blood tryhard tho) and found that the Godskin bosses are quite weak to that (makes sense!). There's many rage videos of people dying to them over and over.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 10:14:33 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2022, 10:11:42 pm »
I’m not going to lie, I got lucky at the end there but the jumps in time to the music are probably the highlight of my life.

https://youtu.be/TnL_E_pZDSk

(No idea how to embed on here anymore but I was proud enough of it that I uploaded it to YouTube ;D)

Smoother than my hide behind shield approach ;D I need to utilise jumping a lot more. Closing thoughts:

a) Carian armour set is sexy, wish it had slightly better stats for late game
b) There's a third Godskin Apostle?!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 10:14:51 pm by Kashinoda »

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2022, 10:23:11 pm »
think I fucked up Volcano Manor

Spoiler
i "joined" the Manor when i got there, got the contract to kill a tarnished, logged off for the night. came back today and kinda forgot about the contract as i was clearing through the Manor. killed Rykard. now all the NPCs are gone. did the contract but nobody to return to in the Manor. looked online and it seems as if i've missed a bunch of questlines by doing that. woops!

also, the Rykard fight...wtf. i used the Serpent Hunter weapon which i assume you're meant to...just using the L2 attack over and over, he couldn't even attack me once because it was staggering him so much. guessing that's not to meant to happen
[close]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 10:27:30 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2022, 11:19:27 pm »
Lovely, but what on earth happened at about 0:22, did you clip inside of the boss or something?

I've been running a blood damage build (I am not a Rivers of Blood tryhard tho) and found that the Godskin bosses are quite weak to that (makes sense!). There's many rage videos of people dying to them over and over.

Yeah, jank definitely helped me out at the end there but I feel like it was karma for my musical jumps ;D

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2022, 05:46:15 am »
I have to admit I have cheated a little by looking on the internet… I found everything frustrating.

I still have not beat the first proper boss yet… I have no idea where he is (please don’t tell me. I’ll find him eventually

What’s everyone’s weapon of choice?

I’m using the Golden Halberd from the Tree Sentinel with a kite shield. Need 30 Str to weird it like…

Along my travels I’ve picked up some somber smithing stones to level it a couple of times. A shame you can’t add an effect to it, although it does have quite a good one that takes FP
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2022, 09:05:39 am »
think I fucked up Volcano Manor

Spoiler
i "joined" the Manor when i got there, got the contract to kill a tarnished, logged off for the night. came back today and kinda forgot about the contract as i was clearing through the Manor. killed Rykard. now all the NPCs are gone. did the contract but nobody to return to in the Manor. looked online and it seems as if i've missed a bunch of questlines by doing that. woops!

also, the Rykard fight...wtf. i used the Serpent Hunter weapon which i assume you're meant to...just using the L2 attack over and over, he couldn't even attack me once because it was staggering him so much. guessing that's not to meant to happen
[close]

Spoiler
You can go back to Rykard, you'll find a certain someone doing some messed up shit. You can attack them and trigger some things which may or may not result in you getting some fancy armour
[close]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 09:22:46 am by Kashinoda »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2022, 11:26:49 am »
Ok, now it's getting fun. Now that I'm not a super weak wet sock. My initial plan to not use the goathorse is dead and buried. It's simply impossible to play this game without riding sporadically. Feeling of exploration is pure perfection, on par with Breath of the wild for me. No cookie cutter areas, no filler - everything is unique, thought out and balanced. Cleared a few dungeon and castles, killed a few bosses and it's very much opening up in a great way now. It really feels like the pinnacle of all ideas From have developed through the years - with a generous sprinkle of new on top.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2022, 11:46:47 am »
Ok, now it's getting fun. Now that I'm not a super weak wet sock. My initial plan to not use the goathorse is dead and buried. It's simply impossible to play this game without riding sporadically. Feeling of exploration is pure perfection, on par with Breath of the wild for me. No cookie cutter areas, no filler - everything is unique, thought out and balanced. Cleared a few dungeon and castles, killed a few bosses and it's very much opening up in a great way now. It really feels like the pinnacle of all ideas From have developed through the years - with a generous sprinkle of new on top.

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2022, 01:19:01 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2022, 03:36:09 pm »
That wolf in the Academy can just fuck off.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2022, 04:51:18 pm »
What? 😁

The juxtaposition to your previous posts is quite funny is all ;D

Glad it's clicked for you.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2022, 09:24:57 pm »
Honestly I was trying to play Dark Souls. That was the root of the problem. Though close, this isn’t it.

Any decent mid-weight armor I can hunt early game? I look like a tramp.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2022, 10:27:27 pm »
Any decent mid-weight armor I can hunt early game? I look like a tramp.

i'm lvl 115 and have only just switched from my starting Samurai armor, and only to change my look rather than seeing something with markedly better stats.

i'm still unsure about armor upgrades generally, i don't see a huge difference in stats between all the different medium/leather armor i've picked up, they seem to trade either physical damage negation for magic dmg negation and vice versa. more endurance means you can wear heavier armor, and heavier armor has higher stats, but beyond that i'm not sure if there are armor "upgrades" within the same weight class that i'm used to from other RPGs - for example if it's got a blue, purple, gold outline - it's better than white/common armor. i haven't really noticed this being the case in Elden Ring - but happy to proven wrong!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 10:29:41 pm by Dench57 »

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2022, 08:10:11 am »

Yerrrrsssss!

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2022, 08:11:33 am »

Forgot to post this from when I trashed Radahn.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2022, 08:27:36 am »

Forgot to post this from when I trashed Radahn.

That`s quite the blind date.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2022, 09:53:32 am »
That Blaidd?
So there's more to come from him?
Nice, can't wait.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2022, 10:02:04 am »
That Blaidd?
So there's more to come from him?
Nice, can't wait.

I'll say now that unless you're basically a wizard in real life you'll need to Google his/Ranni's quest-line. You'll miss large parts of the game if you don't do it and some of it is so obscure.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2022, 10:37:48 am »
Got to admire From's dedication to hide quests, make aims and motivations obscure and vague and basically do everything against the common RPG trope of 'go there do that for big reward cause you da big hero man'. :D

Stormveil castle is giving me strong Sen’s Fortress vibes. I basically stumble upon a bonfire after getting mauled repeatedly. It will be great once I learn it all - but now it’s slow going making progress. Just killed some chunky big boy in a yard behind balistas. Probably harder than all the bosses I killed so far, very aggressive and my vigor is paper thin.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 02:34:00 pm by Zlen »

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2022, 05:29:57 pm »
In terms of exploration, wonder and excitement, this game is up there with BotW for me, if not better.

I've got like 90 hrs playtime and I'm only in Altus Plateau, the map is massive! plus the side quests from the NPCs take you off on some adventures. I'm level 100 already and haven't had to do any farming for runes.

What’s everyone’s weapon of choice?

I’m using the Golden Halberd from the Tree Sentinel with a kite shield. Need 30 Str to weird it like…

I'm doing a quality build and dual wielding the Claymore & Flamberge.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2022, 06:40:50 pm »
ok - i found this hammer… it’s big, actually it’s colossal

Need 60 str to use it. I think mine is 32 at the moment :)

Currently lvl 52 i think and really enjoying myself just wandering around.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2022, 07:55:00 pm »
Need 60 str to use it. I think mine is 32 at the moment :)

If you 2 hand it I think you'd only require 30 str.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2022, 01:00:29 pm »
Spoiler
Radahn fell last night. After 10 or so attempts I figured out you can use a horse, doh! Second attempt after realising that he was a goner.

Convinced there's a catacomb in his boss area as one of those statues highlighting the entrance is on a cliff above it, can't find it though....

My guy is rocking 53 intelligence now and sorcery is completely brilliant for cheesing loads of the bosses.

The real Elden Ring will start on my next play through as a blood samurai I feel..

Anyway, off to search around the liurnia lake section. Got a second half of a medallion to find that I'm certain is gonna open up a section in the village that overlooks one of the poisonous swamps.
[close]