Author Topic: Your Fave Live or Double Album  (Read 4764 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Your Fave Live or Double Album
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2022, 03:02:12 pm »
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol II
Excellent shout.

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring with a nomination that fills both categories and is my favourite live performance of any artist anywhere in the history of music ;D

https://www.discogs.com/release/60727-Tangerine-Dream-Encore

Whilst it carries no material value, and is scratched and warped to fuck, my copy of it, from the Virgin label, is my most prized musical possession. It's been with me since early teens and has travelled halfway around the world with me.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2022, 04:00:47 pm »
Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2022, 04:28:17 pm »
This is the Live album that came straight into my head.  Played that to death early-80's on my first record player.  Not a bad song on the whole album.  The encore that night was "Rocker" is a simply magnificent track.

Never got to see a Bon fronted AC/DC (was born 5 years or so too late).  Seen the Brian Johnson line-up a few times though.
Bon was the ultimate Rock vocalist.
I was lucky enough to have seen the lineup that he was in, 1979 at the Liverpool Empire.
What a gig that was.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2022, 11:04:16 pm »
The Velvet Underground: Live 1969

Both a double LP and Live. Plus you'll never better it in either category (live/double). I know the roll of eyes as you read hyperbollocks like this, but I'm right.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2022, 12:00:07 am »
Faith No More
Live at the Brixton Academy,  probably the best live recording ever done.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2023, 07:00:59 pm »
A few shouts on here for Slade being their fave live band, I came across a video of their final ever gig (as the original line up) on YouTube recently, recorded at the Royal Court in Liverpool on 18/12/1983.

It's a only fans recordings from the balcony and the quality is a bit shite, but it's still a great piece of nostalgia for anybody who was there. Slade are brilliant here and do a superb version on My Oh My, a song I haven't live before by the original band.

Set List

Rock and Roll Preacher
When I'm Dancin' I Ain't Fightin'
Take Me Bak 'Ome
My Oh My
A Night to Remember
Lock Up Your Daughters
Gudbye T'Jane
We'll Bring the House Down
Hot Love
(T. Rex cover)
Get Down With It
(Bobby Marchan cover)

Encores
You'll Never Walk Alone
(Rodgers & Hammerstein cover)
Mama Weer All Crazee Now
Merry Xmas Everybody
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2023, 10:27:02 am »
A lot of my vinyl collection from back when I was buying loads of it (roughly 82-94) is a bit obscure. And live albums were not something I went in for much. But the three I’ve got and played the most (as I loved them) are far from obscure…completely mainstream in fact…

Queen Live Killers
U2 Under a blood red sky
Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park.

Given all three a play recently on Spotify and there’s some absolutely brilliant moments in all of them.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2023, 10:37:48 am »
ZEN ARCADE