Author Topic: Had the Vaccine?...  (Read 73579 times)

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Reply #1080 on: September 10, 2022, 11:17:33 am »
My side effects from the vaccines are still ongoing.  14 months now.  Cardiac MRI showed heart "structurally sound", but not found out why I keep having random bouts of tachycardia.  Fatigue still debilitating and off work again at the moment.  Hands and feet cold all the time.  Did a cardiac stress test yesterday and when i finished I had blood under the skin on my fingers.  I basically got long covid from the vaccine.  Was slowly improving, then covid this Feb set it all off again.  #TeamClots on Twitter research long covid, and have seen others with the same issues post vaccine. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/rare-cases-coronavirus-vaccines-may-cause-long-covid-symptoms#.YenVemJnZGY.twitter

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: September 10, 2022, 12:38:27 pm »
Are you a medic?
No I'm an infectious disease epidemiologist, focusing on COVID primarily
Self diagnoses and guesses over the cause of certain things though are not what any of us are qualified to give and anyone suffering unusual heart beats or excessively frequent illness etc should go and see a doctor
Absolutely this.
Well that`s not true is it?

I was forced to take the jab to keep my job, without it I would not be able to work and would not be able to support my family. As it turns out I had 2 shots, after the second I have never felt so ill in my life. I don`t sleep well, I feel tired all the time and I`m not sure how I can get out of it.

So no, I will not get any booster shots, that`s it for me.
I don't mean to sound facetious, but is deciding against the booster not exactly what I mentioned? (ie your decision to make)

I understand your point on some employers having conditional contracts and policies around vaccines. I meant at a state level where - rightly, in my opinion - no citizen is obligated to take their covid vaccines

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1082 on: September 10, 2022, 01:48:56 pm »
No I'm an infectious disease epidemiologist, focusing on COVID primarily

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1083 on: September 10, 2022, 01:54:32 pm »
You don't need to be for objective statements like that. It is based on well known and researched science.

Self diagnoses and guesses over the cause of certain things though are not what any of us are qualified to give and anyone suffering unusual heart beats or excessively frequent illness etc should go and see a doctor

I was just querying your statement that the Covid jab’s response to the immune system is similar to what the immune system does all the time.

There is a reason the European Medicines Agency warned earlier in the year in regard to to boosters being administered too regularly.
“Immune exhaustion” especially in relation to T cells.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 01:35:27 am by harryc »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1084 on: September 10, 2022, 02:10:31 pm »
No I'm an infectious disease epidemiologist, focusing on COVID primarilyAbsolutely this.I don't mean to sound facetious, but is deciding against the booster not exactly what I mentioned? (ie your decision to make)

I understand your point on some employers having conditional contracts and policies around vaccines. I meant at a state level where - rightly, in my opinion - no citizen is obligated to take their covid vaccines
:lmao

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1085 on: September 10, 2022, 02:58:16 pm »
I have just had a text from the NHS for a jab next Saturday, but I am going to be away. Does anyone know if you can contact them somehow, as I don't want to miss the opportunity of having a booster jab?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #1086 on: September 11, 2022, 09:12:52 am »
I was just querying your statement that the Covid jab’s response to the immune system is similar to what the immune system does all the time.

There is a reason the European Medicines Agency warned earlier in the year in regard to to boosters being administered too regularly.
“Immune exhaustion” especially in relation to T cells.

Sorry - I'd jumped in on behalf of Classycara there.

The basis of vaccines is your body receiving enough of the virus to stimulate a T response and this happens day in day out as you come into contact with others (people coughing on the bus and so on - and I appreciate this is very high level low detail commentary rather than a detail explanation of it)

Cara will be best placed to comment on the EMA statement etc

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1087 on: September 11, 2022, 05:13:46 pm »
Well that`s not true is it?

I was forced to take the jab to keep my job, without it I would not be able to work and would not be able to support my family.

That's your job at fault, your employer. Nobody else. Call them out for it.

As it turns out I had 2 shots, after the second I have never felt so ill in my life. I don`t sleep well, I feel tired all the time and I`m not sure how I can get out of it.

So no, I will not get any booster shots, that`s it for me.

You mean unless your job makes you again...

No shot is worse than the actual virus. Please reconsider. Each booster you will feel less ill too I suspect. Remember as well if you are refusing to get a job it is not just you you are affecting. It is everybody you come into contact with.

Please do not be selfish. I don't mind getting ill off a vaccine - indeed that's how they work. Having had covid, trust me, nothing is worse than the virus itself

Offline Rymildet

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1088 on: September 12, 2022, 10:24:27 pm »
Just had my booster

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: September 12, 2022, 10:36:50 pm »
No..I had Covid in the early days, no symptoms at all and decided not to be vaccinated then or in the future. A few mates had Covid around the same time as me, again no symptom's, got the vaccines and had varying health troubles since. One friend in particular has suffered constant cold / flu symptom's since the booster, and worse, feels constantly worn out.

That could be long covid symptoms rather than after effects of the vaccine.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1090 on: September 13, 2022, 09:02:29 pm »
That could be long covid symptoms rather than after effects of the vaccine.

The vaccine can cause long covid symptoms.  If it started in weeks after vax that could easily be the culprit. 

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #1091 on: September 22, 2022, 05:44:48 pm »
Got booked on 119 today within minutes for my autumn booster.

Had seen slightly conflicting information on whether I qualified or not. My dad starts chemotherapy next week. Don't live with him but had seen that I could have the booster (i.e. 3rd dose) on news sites as a close contact. No mention of contacts (only carers) on the NHS webpage when I took a look. Anyway, if anyone is in a similar situation as a contact for someone who has a compromised immune system I hope this helps.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: September 22, 2022, 05:48:48 pm »
The vaccine can cause long covid symptoms.  If it started in weeks after vax that could easily be the culprit.

Can but rare. Very rare

https://www.science.org/content/article/rare-cases-coronavirus-vaccines-may-cause-long-covid-symptoms

And even that when studied will lead to even safer vaccines

Researchers exploring postvaccine side effects all emphasize that the risk of complications from SARS-CoV-2 infection far outweighs that of any vaccine side effect. “You see 10, 100, 1000 times less risk from the vaccine,” Prüss says. But understanding the cause of postvaccine symptoms—and whether early treatment can help prevent long-term problems—could be crucial for designing even safer and more effective vaccines, Murphy says, as well as potentially providing clues to the biology of Long Covid.

So let's take vaccines.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1093 on: September 22, 2022, 06:09:56 pm »
I had my flu jab this afternoon. I asked about the Covid one but I won't qualify for a few weeks yet, until the age limit comes down again.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1094 on: September 23, 2022, 10:06:51 am »
Can but rare. Very rare

https://www.science.org/content/article/rare-cases-coronavirus-vaccines-may-cause-long-covid-symptoms

And even that when studied will lead to even safer vaccines

So let's take vaccines.

I never said we shouldn't. These vaccines have obviously saved many lives.  Agree cases like mine should be studied to make even safer vaccines, but not enough investigation is going into these cases. 

I'd query how rare it is.  I think there are 2 or 3 of us in this thread.  Obviously many more that had no issue, but don't think it's as rare as is being reported.  *Obviously covid can be worse and the vaccine remains the safer option* but those that it is happening to need more investigation, and doctors treating people need to consider timelines around vaccination when seeing new onset illness.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #1095 on: September 23, 2022, 03:29:05 pm »
Just received and accepted my invitation for my 4th shot.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1096 on: September 26, 2022, 09:25:03 pm »
Just received and accepted my invitation for my 4th shot.

You’ll have an arm like a heroin addict soon

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1097 on: September 29, 2022, 10:55:51 am »
Had no issues with the first three, but the fatigue and lack of sleep after the 4th (bivalent one) has hit me. Probably should have stayed more hydrated post jab to be fair

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #1098 on: October 1, 2022, 07:55:35 am »
Had my 4th yesterday (mistakenly said it was my 3rd in my previous post). Now had the hat-trick of AZ, Pfizer and Moderna. Stood out like a sore thumb in the queue due to my age and got a few questions off the nurse about why I was there. Ultimately, no issues though.

Same side effects as all of the previous doses. Achy all over, sporadic pin prick headaches and generally a bit tired. Hopefully won't last too long if experience is anything to go by.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: October 3, 2022, 03:47:05 pm »
Getting my 4th on Friday.

I have severe asthma and can actually be made worse with my past java

But as a sensible, responsible member of society I'm getting it again

Ain't no big deal. Actual COVID was horrific. No jab has made me think I'll die
« Last Edit: October 3, 2022, 03:49:37 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: October 3, 2022, 04:25:52 pm »
Had my 5th last week.  Moderna this time. Side effects were worse than my 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: October 3, 2022, 05:08:47 pm »
I have AF (Had since I was 25, now 31 before any vaccine conspiracists want to come along). Had 2 ablations and been 'fine' for 3 years now.
The last time I had COVID (a few months ago) my heart rate was massively raised and suffering erratic beats.

I'm going to be invited for the next booster in a few weeks and I think I'll be getting the booster. Would rather try to protect against a raised heart rate which is not good for me at all. Had very little side effects from the first COVID jabs / first booster.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: October 3, 2022, 06:14:11 pm »
Urrgggh… I’ve got the flu… a nasty one, I’ve actually had a day of work …first time in over a decade….

Much much worse than covid for me.

If you can, get your flu jab too!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1103 on: October 3, 2022, 06:46:12 pm »
Urrgggh… I’ve got the flu… a nasty one, I’ve actually had a day of work …first time in over a decade….

Had mine last week, available everywhere now

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1104 on: October 3, 2022, 06:57:15 pm »

Is the flu just making you delirious or are you actually confessing to malingering for the last ten years? ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: October 3, 2022, 07:41:49 pm »
Is the flu just making you delirious or are you actually confessing to malingering for the last ten years? ;D
Delirious! Not had a day off sick for  14 years..
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: October 3, 2022, 10:32:02 pm »
Will they be giving the booster to the vulnerable etc only this winter?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1107 on: October 3, 2022, 10:37:06 pm »
Looks like i have Covid, saturday had a headache and sore throat i couldn't shake off and yesterday a a full blown cold, woke up this morning full of aches and chest and sides feel like i've been a punch bag when i cough, been in bed all day, fever dreams galore.

I went to Manchester shopping on my own last week, looking like i caught it there.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: October 3, 2022, 10:37:19 pm »
Will they be giving the booster to the vulnerable etc only this winter?
Yes… over 50s and vulnerable

Same as the flu
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: October 3, 2022, 10:57:11 pm »
Yes… over 50s and vulnerable

Same as the flu
Damn. I did want to get a booster.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1110 on: October 4, 2022, 08:54:32 am »
Damn. I did want to get a booster.

You can get one if you qualify for other reasons, say for example you live/look after an older person

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1111 on: October 6, 2022, 07:43:21 am »
Had my 5th last week.  Moderna this time. Side effects were worse than my 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

5 vaccines?  Seriously?  At what point do you stop?  I’ve had 3 and not getting anymore. If they aren’t effective after that then no point getting more in my opinion.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1112 on: October 6, 2022, 08:11:06 am »
Had my booster yesterday, came home and within an hour my blood sugar rose to 12.3 , then 45 minutes later it had dropped to 2.7 without warning signs I would normally feel. Could be unrelated but does seem too coincidental with the vaccination timing. Took me until now to get my blood glucose monitor on a flat line 5/6 . Pretty miserable evening and night with it all  , but I have rarely seen any coverage about vax effecting Type 1 insulin dependent diabetics before and wonder if it is just this Moderna version which I have not had previously.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: October 6, 2022, 08:55:01 am »
Had 2 jabs this morning. Covid in left arm and seasonal flu jab in my risk arm. Probably be in for a miserable Friday. But it is what it is.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: October 6, 2022, 09:10:27 am »
5 vaccines?  Seriously?  At what point do you stop?  I’ve had 3 and not getting anymore. If they aren’t effective after that then no point getting more in my opinion.
No idea.  Maybe I don't! I'm clinically extremely vulnerable.  I have a flu vaccine every year and the Pneumovax every 5 years so I expect I'll add Covid to that every year from now too.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1115 on: October 6, 2022, 09:43:30 am »
No idea.  Maybe I don't! I'm clinically extremely vulnerable.  I have a flu vaccine every year and the Pneumovax every 5 years so I expect I'll add Covid to that every year from now too.

Fair play if you are clinically vulnerable then and can justify it that way.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: October 6, 2022, 11:52:20 am »

Got flu jab a few days ago, £11 in Tesco for anyone who doesn't qualify for a free one. It's worth it for me, flu is horrible and I can do without the time off work and feeling like shite for a few weeks!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1117 on: October 6, 2022, 02:23:19 pm »

Got flu jab a few days ago, £11 in Tesco for anyone who doesn't qualify for a free one. It's worth it for me, flu is horrible and I can do without the time off work and feeling like shite for a few weeks!
Thanks for the Tesco shout and booked in for saturday.  Was planning to book a Lloyds pharmacy at £16.99 but every little helps right!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: October 6, 2022, 02:45:22 pm »
Thanks for the Tesco shout and booked in for saturday.  Was planning to book a Lloyds pharmacy at £16.99 but every little helps right!

Yep. I'm a bit miffed at £11 to be honest, it was £9 last year, and a couple of years ago I got one for £5. Inflation eh.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1119 on: October 6, 2022, 02:54:43 pm »
Fair play if you are clinically vulnerable then and can justify it that way.

It’s only the clinically vulnerable and older age groups eligible for the booster jabs.

My daughter is a kidney transplant patient and has had her fifth as well.