Author Topic: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted  (Read 366845 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Legal repercussions for Trump and his cabal
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2021, 02:35:39 pm »
Republicans are playing a dangerous game. They're acting in defiance of their own moderate voters, and they can't exert influence over a criminal case the way they can over an impeachment.

If Trump is convicted on any charges they will have to justify their backing on him, and feigning ignorance isn't house g to wash.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:13:32 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2021, 03:55:44 pm »
How long will it take for these charges to come to a conclusion, I imagine the tax fraud will be the quickest which doesn't reflect on the Republican party itself so I imagine they will just fob off any attacks, am no expert but I imagine the other charges of incitement and basically treason +conspiracy to pervert the course of justice could take many years as I doubt Trump would plead guilty. am not sure Trumps legal problems will play a part in Republicans Senators fighting to win seats over the next 4yrs.  I do think the situation is that serious for the Republicans now, forget wining power, keeping their seats is the priority, I don't think there's much a lot of these Republican Senators can do now to win enough votes to win their seats. I suppose the best they can hope for is for Covid to come to their rescue. big job losses and a major recession.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2021, 04:37:32 pm »
I have to disagree with you mate.  The only reason Trump is not like Hitler (or Mussolini for that matter) is that the system was able to resist the pressure he piled on it in an attempt to break it. It is not for a lack of intent.

As for the deaths you can lay at Trump's feet?  Well, he politicised mask use; he refused to wear one, believing it to be "weak".  He refused to set an example that his own followers would take note of.  Then, Republican governors gleefully piled onto their President's bandwagon and actively worked to slow and stall an effective response towards Covid, accusing Democrats of making the issue political.  You have the likes of Florida actively suppressing Covid-death data in an attempt to cover up the magnitude of what's going on, with governors declaring the crisis to be over, even as hospitals are on the verge of collapse. The CDC guidelines  being binned and forcefully rewritten; state set against state; Jared fucking Kushner claiming the medical stockpile is THEIRS.  And they're just the examples I can think of off the top of my head.

It was more than systematic failure.  It was deliberate.

This is the situation, this is the reality, and this is what should make you feel uncomfortable.  You don't like the idea of your political leaders being accused of culpable/negligent homicide.  But there is a difference between a failure - which has indeed occurred on some levels - and premeditated indifference. I don't think you will be able to accuse many senior Democrats of such wilful negligence, even as Republicans claimed Covid would magically disappear as an issue post-election.

Not just Republicans. Cuomo is a complete and total scumbag:

Brian M. Rosenthal
@brianmrosenthal
Whoa. New York state has been dramatically undercounting Covid-19 deaths in nursing homes, according to an investigation by the attorney general. The actual number of deaths may be 50% higher than Gov. Andrew Cuomo has told the public:

https://twitter.com/brianmrosenthal/status/1354808794677616646?s=20

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/nyregion/nursing-home-deaths-cuomo.html
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2021, 05:38:11 pm »
I don't think anything has been resolved.

No, it really hasn't. A huge section of the population has abandoned reason and and rationality and there's likely only a tiny amount of them that can be argued back to sanity... looking to historical examples of this level of mass hysteria and delusion, all the signs are that the US is already a collapsing state that hasn't realised it yet.

If there's a counter-example, I'd love to know about it.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2021, 07:07:28 pm »
Not just Republicans. Cuomo is a complete and total scumbag:

Brian M. Rosenthal
@brianmrosenthal
Whoa. New York state has been dramatically undercounting Covid-19 deaths in nursing homes, according to an investigation by the attorney general. The actual number of deaths may be 50% higher than Gov. Andrew Cuomo has told the public:

https://twitter.com/brianmrosenthal/status/1354808794677616646?s=20

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/nyregion/nursing-home-deaths-cuomo.html

And?  Does this little tryst with "Whataboutism" invalidate my point?

Cuomo hasn't hidden the details because he's in bed with the Trump Project.  Plenty of Republicans poured gasoline on this particular fire because they wanted to be visibly seen to be backing their boss and proclaiming his righteous path very vocally.  Don't remember Cuomo doing anything like that.  If he's hidden his numbers it was to save his own neck, not Trump's.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2021, 04:34:29 pm »
And?  Does this little tryst with "Whataboutism" invalidate my point?

Cuomo hasn't hidden the details because he's in bed with the Trump Project.  Plenty of Republicans poured gasoline on this particular fire because they wanted to be visibly seen to be backing their boss and proclaiming his righteous path very vocally.  Don't remember Cuomo doing anything like that.  If he's hidden his numbers it was to save his own neck, not Trump's.

It's not whataboutism at all.  ;D

Simply pointing out that the failure that has occurred at all levels isn't confined to one party, which I said in my original post. I'm literally backing it up. I know that goes against the narrative though, sorry.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2021, 04:43:38 pm »

Simply pointing out that the failure that has occurred at all levels isn't confined to one party, which I said in my original post. I'm literally backing it up. I know that goes against the narrative though, sorry.
Exactly. Trump (and Republicans) and Cuomo (and Democrats) are two peas in a pod - identical - they could be twins. ::)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2021, 05:11:21 pm »

Whataboutism is precisely what your comment was.

Denying that to be the case, doesn't make it so.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2021, 05:17:45 pm »
Exactly. Trump (and Republicans) and Cuomo (and Democrats) are two peas in a pod - identical - they could be twins. ::)

😂

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2021, 05:26:35 pm »

Only one party has conspired in a systematic cover-up as to the extent and consequences of Covid, and only one party has actively pushed back against even nominal precautions to reduce the risks; and only one party has tried to pretend that the fucking thing didn't even exist, except as a conspiracy to harm the former president.

To imply that the Democrats are somehow on the same level is the very definition of whataboutism.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2021, 05:33:09 pm »
I literally haven't once said the Democrats are on the same level as the Republicans, just that failure has occurred in both parties. The failure on the Republican side is well documented and discussed quite a lot on here. I've simply pointed out the momentous failure of Cuomo, who happens to be a Democrat.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2021, 05:37:42 pm »
I literally haven't once said the Democrats are on the same level as the Republicans, just that failure has occurred in both parties. The failure on the Republican side is well documented and discussed quite a lot on here. I've simply pointed out the momentous failure of Cuomo, who happens to be a Democrat.

Not literally, but the phrase "Not just Republicans. Cuomo is a complete and total scumbag" strongly implies that Cuome has been at least as bad.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2021, 05:45:43 pm »

Last I checked though, this is a discussion about the failures and legal exposure of Trump?

Trump knew what he was dealing with months before any governor; his comments to Bob Woodward prove that.  Trump enacted a policy of deliberate disinformation, and was backed by Republicans at all levels; from Senate to Congress, to Governors. 

Trying to imply that Cuomo is in any way on the same level of duplicity as Trump is a weak counter argument in my opinion. And you are attempting to draw an equivalency, no matter how much you might deny it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2021, 05:53:49 pm »

Notwithstanding the false equivalence, only one party attempted a coup via insurrection.  Trump was obviously the head of the snake but plenty of the body was complicit.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2021, 09:24:36 pm »
I should have known better than to believe the rumours that Mitch was ok with a Trump conviction. He's devoted his entire life to scaling the ladder of Republican leadership and assuming control of congressional power. No way he's going to let Trump leave a blot on his party's copy book. They'll condemn his actions, say it was unbecoming of a President, sweep it under the carpet, and proceed with derailing as many of Biden's plans as possible.

I think the last month has served as a stark reminder that "Democracy" in America has very little to do with carrying out the will of the people. Swearing oaths to uphold the constitution and promising to put country before party is nothing more than a facade. Those ideals mean absolutely fuck all to Mitch and the gang. It's an exercise in assuming control of power and taking whatever steps necessary to maintain it. Period. End of story

As for Trump, and all these lawsuits that are supposedly coming his way, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting to see him in handcuffs any time soon

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2021, 09:37:40 pm »
I should have known better than to believe the rumours that Mitch was ok with a Trump conviction. He's devoted his entire life to scaling the ladder of Republican leadership and assuming control of congressional power. No way he's going to let Trump leave a blot on his party's copy book. They'll condemn his actions, say it was unbecoming of a President, sweep it under the carpet, and proceed with derailing as many of Biden's plans as possible.

I think the last month has served as a stark reminder that "Democracy" in America has very little to do with carrying out the will of the people. Swearing oaths to uphold the constitution and promising to put country before party is nothing more than a facade. Those ideals mean absolutely fuck all to Mitch and the gang. It's an exercise in assuming control of power and taking whatever steps necessary to maintain it. Period. End of story

As for Trump, and all these lawsuits that are supposedly coming his way, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting to see him in handcuffs any time soon

Actually, I do think McConnell was prepared to engage on the issue of impeachment.  It's just a guess, but I think this is a reaction to Schumer not playing "nice" about the filibuster. I think McConnell's calculation is that - between SDNY, Georgia, the Washington DC AG, and a multitude of other allegations, from rape to campaign finance violations, to tax fraud - will probably neuter Trump and his kin from a presidential run in 2024.

If he gets to fuck over the Democrats at the same time the Democrats deal with Trump for him, then it's win-win when it comes to bailing on the impeachment for Mitch.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2021, 09:48:48 pm »
Actually, I do think McConnell was prepared to engage on the issue of impeachment.  It's just a guess, but I think this is a reaction to Schumer not playing "nice" about the filibuster. I think McConnell's calculation is that - between SDNY, Georgia, the Washington DC AG, and a multitude of other allegations, from rape to campaign finance violations, to tax fraud - will probably neuter Trump and his kin from a presidential run in 2024.

If he gets to fuck over the Democrats at the same time the Democrats deal with Trump for him, then it's win-win when it comes to bailing on the impeachment for Mitch.
I think McConnell was in favour of impeachment, but it was a matter of convenience, never principle. McConnell is one of the most cynical people on the planet. His apparent change of mind is purely because of a recalculation (probably because he saw that too many of his own caucus were unwilling to convict). I doubt that McConnell changed tack because he did not get his own way with the filibusterer - it's nothing personal with him. No, it is just that he was hoping to be dealt an ace, but instead he ended up with a deuce (his caucus could not be lead to their better long-term option).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:59:06 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2021, 09:55:12 pm »
I think McConnell was in favour of impeachment, but it was a matter of convenience, never principle. McConnell is one of the most cynical people on the planet. His apparent change of mind is purely because of a recalculation (probably because he saw that too many of his own caucus were unwilling to convict). I doubt that McConnell changed tack because he did not get his won way with the filibusterer - it s nothing personal with him. No, it is just that he was hoping to be dealt an ace, but instead he ended up with a deuce (his caucus could not be lead to their better long-term option).

I've heard something similar from commentators in the US; that McConnell was trying to pull Republicans over, but when it looked like he couldn't he just joined them.  It's worrying to think that he might have lost control of his own senators; but I guess the calculation is that he can't protect the likes of Cruz and Hawley if he cuts Trump loose.

The calculation on the other side is that, say, only 12 Republicans vote to convict, which isn't enough.  So the vote exposes those Republicans.  And of course, it's not like McConnell is renowned for taking a moral stance on anything.

Popcorn's Art

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2021, 10:05:53 pm »
You know your conspiracy theory is batshit crazy when a Trump mouthpiece like Bannon can't get his head around it.

Giuliani at his finest.

The Lincoln Project
@ProjectLincoln

January 6th: Let’s have trial by combat!

January 29th: It was the Lincoln Project’s fault.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1355194196781654018

Hoping this is Trump's defence.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2021, 11:28:59 pm »

More to have on record re: the GOP members who vote against this

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
New: Rep. Jimmy Gomez announced today he will introduce a resolution to expel Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from the U.S. House of Representatives.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2021, 11:43:38 pm »
You know your conspiracy theory is batshit crazy when a Trump mouthpiece like Bannon can't get his head around it.

Giuliani at his finest.

Indeed. It's startling to to see Bannon startled by Rudy's claim. Rudy is talking bullshit of course. It's weird and sad and worrying how a person or persons can live in such a fantasy world. Since the 6th of January the whole GOP movement has taken a few steps closer to insanity than unity. They're are like a different species.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2021, 11:43:53 pm »
Really Lindsey?

"I cannot think of a better way to turn the upcoming impeachment trial into a complete circus than to call the QAnon Shaman as a witness on anything," Graham tweeted this Friday.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2021, 11:49:03 pm »
I can't see how any corporation of any significant size will be able to support the Republicans for the foreseeable future - I don't think small donations from members will cut it in the end. This, surely, is looking more and more like the death of the party. I suppose it will take time to play out, and am unsure of what will come out of it, but it seems the 'Grand Old Party' will be no more.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 11:50:45 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2021, 08:13:49 am »
Trump’s Russia Cover-Up By the Numbers – 272 contacts with Russia-linked operatives

On April 18, 2019, a redacted copy of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s “Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election” (Mueller Report) was released to the public. The Mueller report builds on the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that there were two campaigns to elect Donald Trump— one run by Trump and one run by the Russian government. The Mueller report clearly identified collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, despite repeated denials from Trump and many of his senior advisers and close associates that there were any connections between the two campaigns.

A total of 272 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia-linked operatives have been identified, including at least 38 meetings. And we know that at least 33 high-ranking campaign officials and Trump advisers were aware of contacts with Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition, including Trump himself. None of these contacts were ever reported to the proper authorities. Instead, the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them.

https://themoscowproject.org/explainers/trumps-russia-cover-up-by-the-numbers-70-contacts-with-russia-linked-operatives/

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2021, 08:52:11 am »
I was flicking through the movies on Amazon last night & there’s one called “The Plot Against the President “, the synopsis paints Devin Fucking Nunes as the brave hero who uncovered the dastardly conspiracy. No mention if he then scuttled to the White House & hid in the undergrowth to reveal what he’d found. Apparently it’s based on the bold bovine-botherer’s book. Amazon will truly sell any old shit.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2021, 09:07:41 am »
Trump’s Russia Cover-Up By the Numbers – 272 contacts with Russia-linked operatives

On April 18, 2019, a redacted copy of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s “Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election” (Mueller Report) was released to the public. The Mueller report builds on the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that there were two campaigns to elect Donald Trump— one run by Trump and one run by the Russian government. The Mueller report clearly identified collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, despite repeated denials from Trump and many of his senior advisers and close associates that there were any connections between the two campaigns.

A total of 272 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia-linked operatives have been identified, including at least 38 meetings. And we know that at least 33 high-ranking campaign officials and Trump advisers were aware of contacts with Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition, including Trump himself. None of these contacts were ever reported to the proper authorities. Instead, the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them.

https://themoscowproject.org/explainers/trumps-russia-cover-up-by-the-numbers-70-contacts-with-russia-linked-operatives/

There’s a fascinating & well sourced thread on r/Keep_Track about Trump’s links to the Russian Mafia (and therefore Russian intelligence) for whom he’s been money-laundering for decades. I’m not even sure I need to say allegedly. His casino bankruptcies echo the scene in Goodfellas where the mob come into the bar/restaurant business as silent partners & run it into the ground.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2021, 09:35:44 am »
Given that McConnell blocked election related cyber security legislation I can only presume most of Russia's attempts to muck about with 2020 were largely piecemeal or for appearances.

They knew that it didn't really matter for them if Trump was reelected. Indeed, they might have perceived his defeat as more profitable for them. A politically divided US suits Putin's agenda far more than an American dictatorship.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2021, 12:20:33 am »

BOOM!

The Lincoln Project               @ProjectLincoln

The Lincoln Project’s legal response to the false and defamatory statements made by Rudy Giuliani.

https://www.twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1355618315570393090

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2021, 02:30:50 am »
I was flicking through the movies on Amazon last night & there’s one called “The Plot Against the President “, the synopsis paints Devin Fucking Nunes as the brave hero who uncovered the dastardly conspiracy. No mention if he then scuttled to the White House & hid in the undergrowth to reveal what he’d found. Apparently it’s based on the bold bovine-botherer’s book. Amazon will truly sell any old shit.
This is made by John Milius' daughter, he of Conan the Barbarian fame, gun nut, used to carry on movie sets. I think Walter Sobchak was based on him if I'm not mistaken.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2021, 03:49:26 am »
At this rate he'll have Guiliani/Powell or be defending himself.

Donald Trump's legal team in disarray after he parts ways with lead impeachment lawyers

'Mutual decision' comes just over a week before his senate trail is due to begin

Former President Donald Trump has parted ways with his lead impeachment lawyers just over a week before his Senate trial is set to begin, two people familiar with the situation said on Saturday.

Butch Bowers and Deborah Barbier, both South Carolina lawyers, are no longer with Mr Trump's defence team. One of the people described the parting as a "mutual decision" that reflected a difference of opinion on the direction of the case. Both insisted on anonymity to discuss private conversations.

One said new additions to the legal team were expected to be announced in a day or two.

The upheaval injects fresh uncertainty into the makeup and strategy of Mr Trump's defence team as he prepares to face charges that he incited the insurrection at the US Capitol on Jan. 6. However, all but five Senate Republicans this week voted in favour of an effort to dismiss the trial before it even started, making clear a conviction of the former president is unlikely regardless of his defense team.

Greg Harris and Johnny Gasser, two former federal prosecutors from South Carolina, are also off the team, one of the people said.

Mr Trump has struggled to find attorneys willing to defend him after becoming the first president in history to be impeached twice. He is set to stand trial the week of Feb. 8 on a charge that he incited his supporters to storm Congress before President Joe Biden's inauguration in an attempt to halt the peaceful transition of power.

After numerous attorneys who defended him previously declined to take on the case, Mr Trump was introduced to Mr Bowers by one of his closest allies in the Senate, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham.

Mr Bowers, a familiar figure in Republican legal circles, had years of experience representing elected officials and political candidates, including then-South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford against a failed impeachment effort that morphed into an ethics probe.

Mr Bowers and Ms Barbier did not immediately return messages seeking comment on Saturday evening.

Republicans and Mr Trump aides have made clear that they intend to make a simple argument in the trial: Mr Trump's trial is unconstitutional because he is no longer office.

While Republicans in Washington had seemed eager to part ways with Mr Trump after the deadly events of Jan. 6, they have since eased off of their criticism, weary of angering the former president's loyal voter base.

CNN was first to report the departure of the lawyers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/31/donald-trumps-legal-team-disarray-parts-ways-lead-impeachment/

There's also OJ's old lawyer Alan Dershowitz who'd be happy to get back in front of the cameras yet again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 03:55:15 am by BarryCrocker »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2021, 07:38:14 am »

That article doesn't point to a monmentous failure by Cuomo. Did you read it?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2021, 09:20:35 am »
At this rate he'll have Guiliani/Powell or be defending himself.

Donald Trump's legal team in disarray after he parts ways with lead impeachment lawyers

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/31/donald-trumps-legal-team-disarray-parts-ways-lead-impeachment/

There's also OJ's old lawyer Alan Dershowitz who'd be happy to get back in front of the cameras yet again.

Trump absolutely will not listen to lawyers' advice. He thinks he is God's gift to smooth talking.

Senate Republicans are shitting themselves at the prospect of Democrats being able to call Trump as a witness. Lindsay Graham must have been hoping finding Trump a decent lawyer would have at least given his acquittal some veneer of respectability to Republican voters. He'll be having sleepless nights hopefully.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2021, 09:32:01 am »
Is there a legal loophole for Trump to avoid taking a stand? It would be serious popcorn time.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2021, 09:37:49 am »
BOOM!

The Lincoln Project               @ProjectLincoln

The Lincoln Project’s legal response to the false and defamatory statements made by Rudy Giuliani.

https://www.twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1355618315570393090

Same old crap from this auld loon. Claims of mountains of evidence, witnesses etc, but not a shred in reality. He still thinks he's swaying the court of public opinion, when he's just been wholly consumed by Trump's unreality.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2021, 09:41:20 am »
Is there a legal loophole for Trump to avoid taking a stand? It would be serious popcorn time.

No idea. Republicans are doing a lot of sabre rattling about the trial calling any witnesses - I mean after all, what kind of trial needs witnesses? - but I can only assume it's because they're scared of Trump taking the stand.

In the past, subpoenas have been ignored. Not entirely sure that's an option this time around.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2021, 09:52:34 am »
I thought the impeachment thing had been thrown out when they voted it was against the constitution as he's no longer president?

American politics/laws are just too confusing!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2021, 10:22:27 am »
I thought the impeachment thing had been thrown out when they voted it was against the constitution as he's no longer president?

American politics/laws are just too confusing!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

The majority (all Dems plus 5 Reps.) voted that it was constitutional.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2021, 10:53:42 am »
He didn’t take the stand last time he was impeached...

My only hope is that he decides to.... that would be....wow... but he’s done too much legal stuff to put himself in that position
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2021, 12:11:50 pm »
He didn’t take the stand last time he was impeached...

My only hope is that he decides to.... that would be....wow... but he’s done too much legal stuff to put himself in that position

The only reason Trump didn't take the stand last time is because the Senate voted on the rules of the trial - and the Republicans controlled the Senate.

This time the rules maybe quite different.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2021, 12:22:26 pm »
The only reason Trump didn't take the stand last time is because the Senate voted on the rules of the trial - and the Republicans controlled the Senate.

This time the rules maybe quite different.
Ah... I hadn’t realised that...

But don’t you have the right not to give evidence at any trial?  Why would this be any different?  He could just sit there and take the fifth over and over even if they did couldn’t he?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W