Author Topic: Fallout - New Vegas  (Read 74283 times)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fallout - New Vegas
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2010, 02:15:28 pm »
Cazadores.

They are rock. Especially when you run into 6 or 7 of them at once.

Nuff said
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2010, 02:33:35 pm »
Spoiler
anyone know where i'm supposed to go to 'find information about Alice Hostetler's new friends'...it's part of the 'Someone to Watch Over Me' quest. The map tells me to go to the Aerotech Park and then i'm lost.
[close]

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2010, 02:39:24 pm »
Is 3 Dog still on the airwaves on this? or is there a new random dj ?
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2010, 02:41:42 pm »
Found the alien blaster completely by accident. You know a gun is good when it one hits deathclaws!

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2010, 03:04:30 pm »
Where's the best place to get bottle caps?

I want 'That Gun' from the Dino gift shop :(
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2010, 03:11:26 pm »

Gambling at the strip.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2010, 03:12:26 pm »
Gambling at the strip.

Ah, cheers...Haven't been there yet!

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2010, 04:17:29 pm »

You can get one for free in the storage room next to the shop owner. Through the door behind the counter. It's on the right hand side.  :wave
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2010, 04:22:13 pm »
Going to pick this up tomorrow hopefully

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2010, 06:07:20 pm »
Worth getting then? Thinking about picking it up on the way home from work....
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2010, 11:35:08 pm »
this game is buggy as hell and the loading screens take forever,everytime you open a f*ckin door! other than that its a great game but im wonderin with all the glitches maybe they rushed it out or sumtin

Offline shippers

• The Fat Banana AKA Bicycyle Man!
  • Kopite
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2010, 12:58:48 am »
Having played it for 20 hours now (on the PC) I feel it's a lot bigger than Fallout 3. The main map seems to be smaller, but some of the locations you go to are huge. There's also a ton more quests and optional quests, especially of the type which you can solve by persuasion. There also seems to be a lot more of those decisions where you don't know which way would be the best choice.

I don't think I've actually shot at anything serious for the last 4 hours either, apart from a particular surprise in a junky den motel up by Vegas.

Some of the quest titles are very funny too, and a lot more perverse than Fallout 3 :-)

Offline weezernumber5

• Anny Roader
    • twitter
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2010, 01:47:12 am »
finally finished the story in 3 today....only took me 2 years (didn't get any of the DLC either)  :) Over 100 hours of life went into it on and off. My favourite game of all time i would say.

Payday tommorrow so i'm off to get this! Cannot wait just watched the trailers now been saving them since I got back into 3. I am buzzing for this now.

How it looking so far for you lot?
"In the devalued currencies of punditry, Whelan is the Zimbabwean dollar, but he found a few places where his money was good last week."

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Fuller_n29

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2010, 02:29:30 am »
I'm new to Fallout, but it's sucked me in harder than Wayne Rooney's favourite granny.

Jeez, where does the time go?

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2010, 09:38:43 am »
If you haven't already done so, recruit Boone from Novac. The guy's a fucking beast.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2010, 10:08:44 am »
Patch will be released soon (if it hasn't already) for the console versions

Offline Jadam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2010, 11:54:09 am »
Don't suppose anyone knows a way of getting the patch for PC - not through Steam?
"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." -
               Rafa Benitez

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2010, 11:57:18 am »
Thinking about getting this today. I take it that it's worth it?

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2010, 02:08:24 pm »
Don't suppose anyone knows a way of getting the patch for PC - not through Steam?

http://extratorrent.com/search/?new=1&search=Fallout+New+Vegas&s_cat=0

Both patches here.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2010, 07:07:55 pm »
Thinking about getting this today. I take it that it's worth it?

Of course. The game is fucking vast, more value for money than you'll get from any other game. The only problem is the apparent amount of bugs, although I haven't encountered any yet.

Offline Jadam

• Anny Roader
"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." -
               Rafa Benitez

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2010, 05:41:36 am »
If you haven't already done so, recruit Boone from Novac. The guy's a fucking beast.

This.

Spoiler
It's also worth getting on the good side of the NCR as they eventually give you a radio that lets you call in support, boone + ncr ranger = XP galore
[close]

The only bugs I came across were two quests that wouldn't finish, though one was towards the end and rather integral to the story which forced me to go back to an earlier save.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2010, 06:16:54 pm »

Just did that and went to that place with all the ghouls as part of the main story. He took every one of them out with one shot to the head! You definately need to sign him up if you haven't already! :)

Got some decent weapons now: 'That Gun', a magnum, a big club from the demons and a massive flame gun thing.

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2010, 04:31:57 pm »
One of the dogs at Old Lady Gibson's place is called Reina :)

Agree with getting Boone, but I forgot to set him to passive oops :)

The hunting revolver is good, .44 magnum with a scope, got a minigun but it's in shit condition and not finding much ammo for it.

Enjoying it, still hate bastard rad scorpions, also don't like it when you happen across a group of 8 deathclaws, attempted the quarry mission and decided that I'm going to need to be probably about level 20.  I really wouldn't want to try that in hardcore, they just absorb soo much ammo, and that's with boone and ed-e.
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2010, 08:41:53 am »
Love this game, absolutley lovely, and the scope of the game is truly scary.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2010, 08:42:22 am »
One of the dogs at Old Lady Gibson's place is called Reina :)

Plus there is a Knight Torres at the BoS.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2010, 08:43:02 am »
Triple post!!!

Get the Anti Material Rifle, very good.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2010, 09:02:05 am »
How much more is there on the main story once you meet House and 'Yes Man'.  My present quest is to go and meet up with Caesers lot.  I'm asking because I'll sod of and do some exploring if I'm near the end of the game.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2010, 09:22:09 am »
Yeah you're near the end lot of missions I guess, not the end, but you will be going down a path that is only one way.

Get your side missions, trophies/achievements e.t.c done and then come back.  Explore e.t.c.  There are 170 odd locations in this game go find them and have some fun. :)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2010, 09:41:23 am »
I think I've found maybe 60 locations, so quite a bit to do yet.  I have a list of side missions to do also. So should be busy for a while.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2010, 09:42:40 am »
Am going to order this today. If it's better than Fallout 3, it'll be the best game ever.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2010, 12:19:48 pm »
I reckon it's better than fallout 3 from what I've played so far.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2010, 12:46:08 pm »
The characters and the world are a lot more interesting and feels more like a real world than Fallout 3. The story all went weird at the end of 3 too, you were basically fighting over who was going to push a button.

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2010, 03:59:41 pm »
Anybody been to black mountain yet? I just got my arse well and truly kicked up there

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2010, 04:01:04 pm »
Anybody been to black mountain yet? I just got my arse well and truly kicked up there

Yes, it was easy, I'm level 19 though.

Offline weezernumber5

• Anny Roader
    • twitter
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2010, 09:21:24 pm »
Liking it so far...only clocked up 5 hours so far so am still cutting my teeth! Not done anything in the main story yet. So far have been content to wander about shooting countless bark scorpians and other wildlife.

Spoiler
Just in Primm shot up the convicts in the Hotel place and made the robot sherriff and immediatly regretted it! It looked that quest could have been far more eventful! :( Oh and whats the story with that machine gun? can ya nick it or what?
[close]

Just had my first run in with a deathclaw.....it didn't last long  :sad
"In the devalued currencies of punditry, Whelan is the Zimbabwean dollar, but he found a few places where his money was good last week."

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Fuller_n29

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:37 pm »
Get the Anti Material Rifle, very good.

Indeed.

Stayed up until 4am the other night, after getting totally fucked off with the deathclaws in the quarry. Went and sold a lot of gear just so I could buy a brand new Anti Material Rifle from the gunrunner shop, complete with 50 rounds of standard ammo, 80 rounds of armour piercing bullets, and 50 rounds of incendiary bullets.

Went back there and slaughtered the whole fucking lot of them! Even laughed like a maniac as I killed the mother deathclaw and her young!! Aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!! Fucking have it!!!

It was 4am and I was jumping up and down with delight. If that isn't the mark of a class game I don't know what is!

Still buggy as fuck though.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2010, 11:54:44 pm »
It was 4am and I was jumping up and down with delight. If that isn't the mark of a class game I don't know what is!

Nice.

Downloading for PC now, if it's worth it I'll buy it for 360 for sure.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #238 on: November 1, 2010, 12:15:33 am »
Don't go in to Dead Wind Cavern.

I repeat. Do NOT go in to Dead Wind Cavern. Just don't.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 1, 2010, 01:44:06 am »
I just couldn't take reading this thread and listening to my mates harp on about how good this is so I bit the bullet and traded in a load of my old games for this, definitely worth it.

I'd heard about the ridiculous amount of bugs but I'm still surprised how many crashes I've had and how many hard resets I've had to do in the 10 or so hours I've put in, in 1st pov my gun regularly moves up and down the screen, enemies frequently sink into the floor and get stuck in scenery, the radio stations play the same 5 songs over and over again even though there are supposed to be about 30 in the game. Yes it's annoying but the game has been so good, such an experience, so far that I don't even care.
It's Obsidian. Their reach has always exceeded their grasp and god bless them for it. Anyone who expects a polished, bug free product from them, much less any entry in the Fallout series, just hasn't been paying attention.

It's certainly much more of a challenge than F3, after only a few hours I can tell how much more depth there is to the combat and even just surviving when walking about. When I started, I still had my F3 mentality of, "I can and will kill everything." Almost found out the hard way how wrong I was. Now I have to actually think before I act, and I like it. 

I've tried doing a bit of exploring away from the freeways and everytime I've been killed almost straight away, single swipe from a deathclaw - dead, 2 giant Radscorpions - dead despite me empting about 50 rounds into them, barely even scratched it. I've even been killed by a single Ghoul Reaver when I was at level 4.

Your character is also far weaker in this new game. Perks every two levels, instead of one. Armor is much, much, much more important. I can only imagine how tough the Brotherhood guys in power armor are going to be, if I can barely dent a Radscorpion with a shotgun at point-blank range. I'm loving the challenge of it, the prospect of Hardcore mode terrifies me though...all that having to drink and sleep regularly to stay alive?! I'll save that for my second playthrough.

The scripting and storytelling is far superior to F3 as well, everyone in that seemed to have the same voice and personality whereas this game already has a number of memorable characters and I'm barely into it. It's very funny too, blackly funny in places. Primm Slim's story about Vicki and Vance had me actually laughing out loud, don't think a game has made me do that since Portal.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."