Author Topic: The RAWK Football Coaching Circle  (Read 109748 times)

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
Re: The RAWK Coaching Circle
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2010, 04:38:46 pm »

Alot of respect for you Colin, pretty impressive what you do.Would love to do it meself but havnt a notion where to start..Hope things go well for you because by the sound of it the effort youve put in you deserve it.All the best.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #81 on: August 6, 2010, 04:51:45 pm »
I am coaching for the first time ever in the next few weeks.

I have been assigened a U10 ATP team or (advanced training program)

they give the ATP teams to current or ex players as most of the other coaches are Dads who have never played before

I took the E licence course last weekend which was great fun. Also a hot female instructor which was nice.

It was great to get a load of drills to be able to do teach the kids the basics of the game. It seems we will be playing in the U12 league which will make it hard.

Its interesting to see that here iin the States it is possible to make a living from football if you are prepared to work at it long enough.

The Director of Coaching of my club is from Ireland.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 7, 2010, 09:59:42 am »
Just had the last game of the season for a school team I've been coaching. Excellent develoment throughout the year, playing good passing football and creating chances by the bagful. Ended up winning every game as a result, and 9 of the 13 man squad scored at least once. Good times.

I am coaching for the first time ever in the next few weeks.

I have been assigened a U10 ATP team or (advanced training program)

they give the ATP teams to current or ex players as most of the other coaches are Dads who have never played before

I took the E licence course last weekend which was great fun. Also a hot female instructor which was nice.

It was great to get a load of drills to be able to do teach the kids the basics of the game. It seems we will be playing in the U12 league which will make it hard.

Its interesting to see that here iin the States it is possible to make a living from football if you are prepared to work at it long enough.

The Director of Coaching of my club is from Ireland.

Good luck with it mate, you'll have a blast.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #83 on: August 7, 2010, 11:04:41 am »
Does anyone have any good tips for improving a 10yr old keepers kicking. My son is very highly regarded throughout his league and ive been 'tapped up' by rival teams. He has amazing positioning and catching skills for a 10yr old but he can struggle on the ground sometimes.

All tips welcome
Goalie coach here...........what do you mean by his kicking - in general (like when receiving a pass-back or outside his area) or do you mean dead-ball goalkicks?

Just moved to Padstow/Wadebridge and am looking to use my previous coaching experience with the local teams, especially youth. Anyone know of any SW England contacts? Am liking the sound of these coaching apprenticeships where you get FA accredited quals. Got my basic SvFF (Sweden) certificates but that's really only entrey-level stuff.

All tips appreciated!

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 7, 2010, 05:42:30 am »
How's everyone doing, then... who's coaching this season?

Offline RedCal84

• Kemlynite
  • *77 *78 *81 *84 *05
    • Twitter: @iCalley
« Reply #85 on: October 7, 2010, 12:43:34 pm »
How's everyone doing, then... who's coaching this season?

Hi.

Have been thinking about getting into coaching for ages. Before I started looking into doing my badges etc wanted to get a bit of experience. I'm working in a school so asked the PE Dept if I could help out... ended up being made manager of the Year 8's (U13's). Only played 2 games so far, lost them both, but I'm really enjoying it. Apparently, the team didn't win at all last year so I've got my work cut out, but they still seem to enjoy it.
"Today i am so happy for the people of Liverpool , finally the club can move forward and get stability" Rafael Benitez

Twitter: @iCalley

Offline madds

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2010, 01:02:46 pm »
I've been asked to help out coaching a local mens team I used to play for. It's a decent standard and they have some good players. (not sure how I ever got a game!)

Speaking to one of my mates who plays for them, it seems they have been trying to play 4-2-3-1 with wingers staying high up the pitch and a high defensive line. However, there is no team pressing of the ball at all, and as you can imagine the centre halves are constantly exposed and they are conceding alot of goals. I was instantly a tad critical, but I was impressed they were trying to implement something like this, which is why I thought this could be an opportunity to try something.

I know alot of comentators say amateur footballers can't play a pressing game as it requires too much fitness. But this got me thinking. At an amateur level, most other teams are of a similar standard of fitness so is it possible to try to play a high tempo pressing game in patches. On bad pitches against less talented players, pressing should have the desired effect of regaining the ball quickly. Opposition teams would tire alot quicker, due to relatively lower fitness levels, and you could possibly pen them in their half. As long as you can keep the ball well yourselves!

I was wondering if any coaches or players had ever tried this and found that you can get this to work. I know that it probably won't be full pressing as the professionals would understand it and that you would have to make certain compromises and find what works right for the players you have, but is it possible?

Offline Nebnotsew

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2010, 01:34:04 pm »
Coaching in an academy seems like a dream job to me! Can someone help me out with what are the important qualifications to get? I know about sports science degrees and coaching badges etc. but I'm not sure what exactly is required

Thanks
Quote from: Rafael Benitez
I was born Spanish, I am no longer as thin (the anxiety doesn’t help), and yes, sometimes I help serving the dinner.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2010, 01:52:50 pm »
I've been asked to help out coaching a local mens team I used to play for. It's a decent standard and they have some good players. (not sure how I ever got a game!)

Speaking to one of my mates who plays for them, it seems they have been trying to play 4-2-3-1 with wingers staying high up the pitch and a high defensive line. However, there is no team pressing of the ball at all, and as you can imagine the centre halves are constantly exposed and they are conceding alot of goals. I was instantly a tad critical, but I was impressed they were trying to implement something like this, which is why I thought this could be an opportunity to try something.

I know alot of comentators say amateur footballers can't play a pressing game as it requires too much fitness. But this got me thinking. At an amateur level, most other teams are of a similar standard of fitness so is it possible to try to play a high tempo pressing game in patches. On bad pitches against less talented players, pressing should have the desired effect of regaining the ball quickly. Opposition teams would tire alot quicker, due to relatively lower fitness levels, and you could possibly pen them in their half. As long as you can keep the ball well yourselves!

I was wondering if any coaches or players had ever tried this and found that you can get this to work. I know that it probably won't be full pressing as the professionals would understand it and that you would have to make certain compromises and find what works right for the players you have, but is it possible?

I'd say if your fitness level and the skills of the players varies, that's a very challenging approach..

Our team had a couple of priorities when our waist lines started to increase :

* Defend as a unit; everybody tracking back and taking their player/area
* Don't lose too much possesion carelessly in midfield
             * Too much energy to get the ball back
              * Don't expose your back 4
* When having the chance/man-advantage; charge quickly/keep the ball moving to create 4-3, 3-2 etc

Two must important positions being a controlling centre back to keep the line and get the ball moving, and one centre midfield to keep possesion, slow it down when needed and distribute. (also always good to have a few headless chickens that puts in the mileage)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:55:40 pm by Johnny Foreigner »
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2010, 10:27:08 am »
Coaching in an academy seems like a dream job to me! Can someone help me out with what are the important qualifications to get? I know about sports science degrees and coaching badges etc. but I'm not sure what exactly is required

Thanks

I'd also appreciate an answer to this.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2010, 01:26:39 pm »
Just had the last game of the season for a school team I've been coaching. Excellent develoment throughout the year, playing good passing football and creating chances by the bagful. Ended up winning every game as a result, and 9 of the 13 man squad scored at least once. Good times.

Good luck with it mate, you'll have a blast.

almost the end of the first sesason

currently top of the table due to two really good kids in the team and my introducing some defensive awareness in the teams

most american coaches know absolutely nothing and will leave two defenders on the 6 yard line. The standard is terrible.

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2010, 09:21:45 am »
I'd also appreciate an answer to this.

From my experience of having a lad who has been in the academy system for the last 5 years I would say the following are pretty important for the coaches;

- Good contacts with academies
- Experience of playing at as high a level as possible (you will get told it's not a requirement but it is)
- Coaching experience
- To have or be working towards an FA Level 3/UEFA B License
- To have or be working towards some sort of sports science degree (this is becoming increasingly useful)

Most coaches at academies are also only part time, working a couple of hours a night maybe 3 times a week and maybe a few hours on a Sunday for games. Most coaches start on even less than this working within an academies development set up, so hours are even less. Academy coaching regimes change often so the turn over of coaches tends to be quite high.

Accrington Stanley are looking for coaches at the moment, I know a lad whose son is there and the facilities are poor, the standard average at best, no money and yet they still want the above qualifications. My advice would be to get friendly with academy staff first, maybe pop down to watch games on a Sunday at your local Academy or C of E, ask questions but don't be pushy and get as much experience and as many qualifications as possible. Good luck.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2010, 10:32:37 am »
I received this e-mail this morning,  I thought it might be of some help to those who are just starting out coaching at grass roots level.

Newsletter
[/t] 

[/t]

Dear Victor,

Welcome to the Grassrootscoaching.com October newsletter. This month we would like to share with you two coaching videos that are fun, fast moving and enjoyable. They will really help you to improve your players ability to pass, move, support and communicate with each other. The sessions also encourage the players to finish with a shot on goal.

Simply click on the links and you will be able to watch the videos and download and print the accompanying PDF's.

Waves -initial start and progession 1 - Players pass and move in threes, to finish with a shot on goal.

Waves - progression 2 - Patterns of passing and movement to improve first time shots and turn and shoot.

If you like the coaching videos and think they might benefit other coaches, please forward this e mail onto your fellow coaches.

By following the link to the Grassrootscoaching blog, you will also find lots more FREE coaching videos and coaching articles

Grassrootscoaching blog 

[/t][/t][/t] 
    Great Soccer Coaching Information and Help - FREE

As soccer coaches, we need all the help we can get. New ideas, sessions, articles. Anything that can help stimulate us, to make our coaching fresh, new and innovative, so that our players enjoy and learn.

Grassrootscoaching blog  is FREE and contains lots of good, stimulating, useful coaching content. Why not take a look?

Grassrootscoaching Blog
[/t][/t] 
    We hope that your coaching goes well, that your players enjoy their sessions, have fun, are stimulated and keep coming back to training. After all, it still is "the beautiful game"
  Good luck
  Yours in sport,
  The GrassRootsCoaching Team

www.grassrootscoaching.com[/t][/t]   

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 2, 2010, 01:11:14 pm »
From my experience of having a lad who has been in the academy system for the last 5 years I would say the following are pretty important for the coaches;

- Good contacts with academies
- Experience of playing at as high a level as possible (you will get told it's not a requirement but it is)
- Coaching experience
- To have or be working towards an FA Level 3/UEFA B License
- To have or be working towards some sort of sports science degree (this is becoming increasingly useful)

Most coaches at academies are also only part time, working a couple of hours a night maybe 3 times a week and maybe a few hours on a Sunday for games. Most coaches start on even less than this working within an academies development set up, so hours are even less. Academy coaching regimes change often so the turn over of coaches tends to be quite high.

Accrington Stanley are looking for coaches at the moment, I know a lad whose son is there and the facilities are poor, the standard average at best, no money and yet they still want the above qualifications. My advice would be to get friendly with academy staff first, maybe pop down to watch games on a Sunday at your local Academy or C of E, ask questions but don't be pushy and get as much experience and as many qualifications as possible. Good luck.

That seems fairly accurate, unfortunately. A lot of the game is definately 'who you know', which isn't ideal for people just starting out. It's a very difficult game to get into in this country, and it isn't really faesible to expect a full-time job from an academy.

Many clubs get their YTS players trained to Level 2 standard during their playing seasons, so should they be released there's already an opportunity for them to stay within the academy on a coaching basis. A few of the assistant coaches at the Academy have come up through the ranks themselves, only to be released to the lower leagues or non-league football - it's not uncommon for players at say Southport to supplement their income by coaching at whichever academy they played in.

In that respect, it's a very closed community. I know one of the coaches at Accy, who was offered the job on the back of a good performance in his UEFA B assessments, and he's another one who plays semi-pro and coaches as well. It probably helps that he has both played for, and coached at, very good teams in the past.

There's no quick way into the upper echelons system, which is both a good and bad thing - good in that you have to work your bollocks to make a success of yourself, and therefore those who do make it certainly have to have a lot to offer, but bad in that a lot of talented coaches move overseas to work full-time as it's more widely available and the pay is far, far better.

Here's a quick comparison - Garry Flitcroft was managing Leigh Genesis last season, and was earning - apparently - around £500 p/w. This is a team that as recently as 2001 finished 5th in the Conference. Flitcroft has a UEFA B License and a wealth of knowledge from umpteen years playing in the Premiership.

In comparison to this, I've recently returned from Sydney, where the head coach of an AMATEUR team can earn up to $18,000 per season... it just doesn't add up.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #94 on: November 2, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »
Col, where are you working at the minute ?.

I was amazed at what you can do here in the states with very little

there are two guys who manage a soccer complex and do coaching who only have a D licence

even a high school soccer coach needs little experience to get a job

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 2, 2010, 02:52:34 pm »
Col, where are you working at the minute ?.

I was amazed at what you can do here in the states with very little

there are two guys who manage a soccer complex and do coaching who only have a D licence

even a high school soccer coach needs little experience to get a job

At the moment I'm unemployed since getting back from Australia.

I might have some coaching sorted by the end of the week, but it'll either be voluntary or at best expenses-only... I'm limited as to where I can work as I don't have a car right now.

I should be back in CT in the spring, hopefully heading up a travel program somewhere - I'll be working under one of my old mates for a coaching company, but we haven't sorted out the final details yet... or even had the necessary interview with the HR team which will be early in December.

I think the minimum for a lot of coaching jobs in smaller, quieter towns is a D license, which has more to do with the demand for coaches than clubs' ambitions -  it's tough for a lot of clubs to fill their quotas as most coaching positions are voluntary.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #96 on: November 2, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »
the guys that run soccerop in Greensboro in NC only have D licences

it looks like if you set up in a decent sized area you can make a living off coaching by taking two or so jobs

the Club that I'm with PYSL is just north of greensboro

our Director of coaching is a paid job but his real job is assistant coach at a small university

between the two jobs he does OK

of course it s alot easier for him as he married a yank

as did I

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 2, 2010, 04:07:13 pm »
the guys that run soccerop in Greensboro in NC only have D licences

it looks like if you set up in a decent sized area you can make a living off coaching by taking two or so jobs

the Club that I'm with PYSL is just north of greensboro

our Director of coaching is a paid job but his real job is assistant coach at a small university

between the two jobs he does OK

of course it s alot easier for him as he married a yank

as did I

Most DoC positions I've seen are paying around $30k, and many will allow you to coach elsewhere too (college, high school, premier, ODP)... it's a fantastic opportunity for the right type of person - someone who can see a more long-term view for a club, than a day-to-day coach of a team.

I'm aiming to be in such a position within 12 months, as as well as being a very good stepping stone, I think the opportunity to drive a whole club forward would be a fantastic challenge.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #98 on: November 2, 2010, 05:49:21 pm »
Most DoC positions I've seen are paying around $30k, and many will allow you to coach elsewhere too (college, high school, premier, ODP)... it's a fantastic opportunity for the right type of person - someone who can see a more long-term view for a club, than a day-to-day coach of a team.

I'm aiming to be in such a position within 12 months, as as well as being a very good stepping stone, I think the opportunity to drive a whole club forward would be a fantastic challenge.

can you work in the states legally ??

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #99 on: November 2, 2010, 05:52:04 pm »

I've just looked on your web site at north west pro

it looks lik ethe guy you coach with is wearing a T shirt that says

Maple Yard DOGGING Co.

what kind of a coach is he ?

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 2, 2010, 05:52:30 pm »

And if you get sick, do you have to go to Mexico to get treated.
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #101 on: November 2, 2010, 05:57:22 pm »
And if you get sick, do you have to go to Mexico to get treated.

errm yes

good point

especially playing a contact sport for a living

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 3, 2010, 12:38:50 pm »

I've had 3 9-month working visas in the past, and will probably be getting another before extending it next time I go out.

As for injuries, I get insurance via whoever I work for, as well as independant insurance for non-work-related things.

On a side note, I've just been offered the chance to take over the U17 Youth team at Leigh Genesis for the rest of the season, which will be a laugh. Going to go and watch their game this weekend against Southport, and start working with them next week.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 3, 2010, 02:34:26 pm »
Started on the third year with a group of 9-10 years olds now.

1st year was very basic, but in the 2nd year they progressed pretty nicely and started to get the hang of it.

Got a few new recruits now and are up to 12-14 boys (where the progress level is quite different). Keeping them as one training group, but trying to seperate them in some of the exercises and 2 vs 2 etc to let the "best" ones stay together.

The main challenge being however when we will start to play matches again. Have been considering :

* Splitting into two seperate teams where the seasoned (and best) stays in one team and the freshers doing the other team
* Splitting into two fairly equal teams
* Switch from game-to-game - letting everybody play with everyone, little lookout for the opposition etc..

Have been doing pros and cons but struggling with deciding. Only certain factor is that some of the parents will be pissed off regardless of choice

Thoughts ?

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #104 on: November 3, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »
Started on the third year with a group of 9-10 years olds now.

1st year was very basic, but in the 2nd year they progressed pretty nicely and started to get the hang of it.

Got a few new recruits now and are up to 12-14 boys (where the progress level is quite different). Keeping them as one training group, but trying to seperate them in some of the exercises and 2 vs 2 etc to let the "best" ones stay together.

The main challenge being however when we will start to play matches again. Have been considering :

* Splitting into two seperate teams where the seasoned (and best) stays in one team and the freshers doing the other team
* Splitting into two fairly equal teams
* Switch from game-to-game - letting everybody play with everyone, little lookout for the opposition etc..

Have been doing pros and cons but struggling with deciding. Only certain factor is that some of the parents will be pissed off regardless of choice

Thoughts ?

there must be 100 ways to do it and I'm not teh most experienced

we just did attackers vs defenders, that way D stayed together and AMs and strikers stayed together

but in general if its a small sided game I tried to stick to like 5 a side games where you can leave the keepers in for a while

that way you can have three teams with only 13-14 kids

that way they get a break and they get plenty of touches

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 4, 2010, 07:30:04 pm »
None of my business, but I thought some of you might like to download and watch a training video for kids, coached by Jose Mourinho.
Unfortunately, many bits in it are in Portuguese, but loads of it is Jose talking to the camera in english, explaining his ethos in coaching kids.
Had downloaded it to put subtitles on and make it look like he was taking the piss, but actually got into it while in Windows Movie Maker and decided not to do it, can't be arsed.

http://rapidshare.com/files/334392739/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/334392722/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/334392719/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/334392708/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part4.rar

code: darkgt

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 4, 2010, 08:02:08 pm »
None of my business, but I thought some of you might like to download and watch a training video for kids, coached by Jose Mourinho.
Unfortunately, many bits in it are in Portuguese, but loads of it is Jose talking to the camera in english, explaining his ethos in coaching kids.
Had downloaded it to put subtitles on and make it look like he was taking the piss, but actually got into it while in Windows Movie Maker and decided not to do it, can't be arsed.

http://rapidshare.com/files/334392739/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/334392722/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/334392719/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/334392708/Jose.Mourinho.Football.For.Kids.DVDRip.XviD.DGT.part4.rar

code: darkgt
Thanks

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2010, 06:24:13 pm »
On a side note, I've just been offered the chance to take over the U17 Youth team at Leigh Genesis for the rest of the season, which will be a laugh. Going to go and watch their game this weekend against Southport, and start working with them next week.

Well played :)

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2010, 09:58:01 pm »
Need a bit of help please guys. I'm looking for some fun football games to play. I'm doing my secondary PGCE and have a very low ability group so it doesn't matter how basic.

I did robin hood (hungry hippos) with them yesterday they loved it. (The one where they have to take all the balls from the middle, and then have the opportunity to take balls from other teams afterwards)

Any ideas chaps? Looking for competitive games which can be used to enchance skills.

Cheers in advance!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:47 pm »
Need a bit of help please guys. I'm looking for some fun football games to play. I'm doing my secondary PGCE and have a very low ability group so it doesn't matter how basic.

I did robin hood (hungry hippos) with them yesterday they loved it. (The one where they have to take all the balls from the middle, and then have the opportunity to take balls from other teams afterwards)

Any ideas chaps? Looking for competitive games which can be used to enchance skills.

Cheers in advance!

Football bowling is a good one that also improves sighting and passing skills. Just set up 9 cones in a flat pyramid/triangle shape and put balls on top of the cones. Go back 20 metres and have the lids pass at the cones. They get a point for every ball they knock off. They have to pass the ball though and not welly it. You can make them use their weaker foot as progression as well...

Will have a root through my old manuals and see what I can find....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2010, 07:27:50 am »
Cheers Jason! Let me know if you think of anymore!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2010, 02:53:39 am »

Cheers in advance!

God knows how I missed this thread.....an oasis of sanity if ever I saw one.

What age groups mate and what sort of skills are you looking to enhance?
I've got a million games/drills etc so if you can be a bit more specific I might be able to throw some out there.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline scousepower

• Legacy Fan
  • A Child of The Rafalution
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2010, 02:10:20 pm »
Does anyone know when theres an FA level 2 course being run in Merseyside or Cheshire I havnt been able to find any :P cheers
'Hi Paul im from The S*n' 'Im from the Earth, now fuck off'

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2010, 01:31:38 am »
Does anyone know when theres an FA level 2 course being run in Merseyside or Cheshire I havnt been able to find any :P cheers

The next Level 2 under the Liverpool County F.A is in Halewood on 21st March. (£355)
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline scousepower

• Legacy Fan
  • A Child of The Rafalution
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2010, 07:27:12 pm »
 :thumbup cheers
'Hi Paul im from The S*n' 'Im from the Earth, now fuck off'

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2010, 11:58:31 am »
The next Level 2 under the Liverpool County F.A is in Halewood on 21st March. (£355)

That seems pretty expensive!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2010, 02:05:47 pm »
That seems pretty expensive!

Not really Col, that's about average.
If the coach is a member of a Charter Standard Club it's only £302.
Some County F.As will charge up to £390 for a coach who isn't with a Charter Standard Club.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 2, 2010, 03:14:34 pm »
Not really Col, that's about average.
If the coach is a member of a Charter Standard Club it's only £302.
Some County F.As will charge up to £390 for a coach who isn't with a Charter Standard Club.

Quite glad I got mine on the cheap then, if that's the case!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 2, 2010, 03:48:13 pm »
Quite glad I got mine on the cheap then, if that's the case!

Me too.
I think mine cost me 3 skinned rabbits and a bag of mung beans.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 2, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »
Me too.
I think mine cost me 3 skinned rabbits and a bag of mung beans.

15 carrots and a boiled hamster.