Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040395 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17760 on: February 2, 2023, 09:55:38 pm »
Should I be worried about having a low resting heart rate or is it a good thing?

It's usually around 50-55 but can be as low as 45.

60 - 100 is in the normal range, so you aren't really much below that. If you feel dizzy or tired a lot go see a doc says the BHF, but 50-55 can just be what is normal for you. You're out in the garden a lot aren't you, so you could just be really fit and healthy.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17761 on: February 2, 2023, 10:09:15 pm »
60 - 100 is in the normal range, so you aren't really much below that. If you feel dizzy or tired a lot go see a doc says the BHF, but 50-55 can just be what is normal for you. You're out in the garden a lot aren't you, so you could just be really fit and healthy.

It ties in with my stress levels which very rarely get above relaxed so it must suit me being out in the sticks 😂

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #17762 on: February 3, 2023, 07:43:34 am »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17763 on: February 3, 2023, 08:05:59 am »
Might help you with free diving.

You mean like sky diving?

I get vertigo on a high step no fucking chance I'm jumping out of a plane.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17764 on: February 3, 2023, 08:12:37 am »
Nope - this:

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17765 on: February 3, 2023, 08:47:31 am »
Should I be worried about having a low resting heart rate or is it a good thing?

It's usually around 50-55 but can be as low as 45.

Quite often its a sign of being really fit, like endurance athletes have low resting heart rates. Or, if it is just sporadically low (usually its 55 but sometimes you get a 45 bpm reading), it could also be a measurement error.

But as above, speak to a doc if you are worried!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17766 on: February 3, 2023, 09:15:05 am »
Quite often its a sign of being really fit, like endurance athletes have low resting heart rates. Or, if it is just sporadically low (usually its 55 but sometimes you get a 45 bpm reading), it could also be a measurement error.

But as above, speak to a doc if you are worried!

I think it's just how I am as I've always been pretty active, walking etc.

When I check my watch app say for the last month every daily reading is around 50-55 range with one at 60.

Nope - this:

What the fuck even is that?? 

Oh ok got it, they're under water.  Yeah I've always been a better swimmer under water than on the surface and loved diving 👍
« Last Edit: February 3, 2023, 09:18:22 am by reddebs »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17767 on: February 3, 2023, 09:24:48 am »
I think it's just how I am as I've always been pretty active, walking etc.

When I check my watch app say for the last month every daily reading is around 50-55 range with one at 60.

What the fuck even is that?? 

Oh ok got it, they're under water.  Yeah I've always been a better swimmer under water than on the surface and loved diving 👍

Free divers are people who dive very deep with no air tanks. They can hold their breath for stupidly long periods of time, like over 10 minutes - good luck trying to drown a freediver in the bath (if you are that way inclined)

Try a tandem sky dive Deb, it's one of the best things I ever did, falling over a mile at 120mph or so with loads of noise and then once the chute opens, its absolute peace and quiet and a fantastic view of the ground, you're about a mile up when the chute is deployed, so you get a great view.

50-55 with the odd 60 sounds fine, but check the GP if worried - does yours use askmygp?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17768 on: February 3, 2023, 09:52:30 am »
Free divers are people who dive very deep with no air tanks. They can hold their breath for stupidly long periods of time, like over 10 minutes - good luck trying to drown a freediver in the bath (if you are that way inclined)

Try a tandem sky dive Deb, it's one of the best things I ever did, falling over a mile at 120mph or so with loads of noise and then once the chute opens, its absolute peace and quiet and a fantastic view of the ground, you're about a mile up when the chute is deployed, so you get a great view.

50-55 with the odd 60 sounds fine, but check the GP if worried - does yours use askmygp?

I used to work with a girl who was a qualified skydiver she was always trying to get me to have a go but I really can't do heights.

I was on an outdoor pursuits weekend down on Dartmoor years ago and our instructor organised for us to do the high ropes course. 

I was fine setting off but then had to be rescued half way round as I just freaked out on one section that clearly wasn't designed for someone less than 5ft tall.  Standing on a thin wire then having to lean forward to grab another wire that meant I was looking at the floor having to shimmy to the next section.

It took nearly half an hour to calm me down enough to climb down the escape ladder.

I then went with a few girls from work to the go ape one at the Trafford centre which was like a kids playground in comparison.  I got the harness on and joined the qué then freaked out again just before we went through the gate.  Just the thought of it was enough to get me hyperventilating and needing first aid.

No I don't think mine does have that option mate.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17769 on: February 4, 2023, 10:20:11 pm »
Just set up TV for the bedroom but need to hide the wires and extension plug. Any suggestions on best method?
Anyone?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17770 on: February 5, 2023, 10:02:42 pm »
Brake light on my car keeps staying on at the moment, it turns on as soon as I start the engine. Only goes off when I press the brake peddle all the way down, could it be faulty wiring? Don't want to take to a garage if it's an easy fix, they'll end up charging £15 for a bulb change.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17772 on: February 5, 2023, 11:00:48 pm »
Brake light on my car keeps staying on at the moment, it turns on as soon as I start the engine. Only goes off when I press the brake peddle all the way down, could it be faulty wiring? Don't want to take to a garage if it's an easy fix, they'll end up charging £15 for a bulb change.

I'd change the brake light switch, sounds like that's faulty, sounds like its sticking. They're about a tenner and easy to replace. Either Google or youtube your make and model of car and you'll find out where its located and how to swap it out.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17773 on: February 5, 2023, 11:03:22 pm »

Who knew,maybe

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17774 on: February 6, 2023, 08:29:38 pm »
I'd change the brake light switch, sounds like that's faulty, sounds like its sticking. They're about a tenner and easy to replace. Either Google or youtube your make and model of car and you'll find out where its located and how to swap it out.
Nice one, I think that'll be it. Ordered one, absolute bastard to reach it though, especially for a big guy like me who just doesn't fit in there

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17775 on: February 6, 2023, 09:43:53 pm »
Nice one, I think that'll be it. Ordered one, absolute bastard to reach it though, especially for a big guy like me who just doesn't fit in there

You not got a young child you can force in? ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17776 on: February 6, 2023, 09:53:45 pm »
Got a cat but I don't think he's too clued up on car electrics :P

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17777 on: February 7, 2023, 03:21:49 am »
good idea Rob, could be a nice little earner for you, hiring your kids out.  :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17778 on: February 7, 2023, 08:04:58 am »
good idea Rob, could be a nice little earner for you, hiring your kids out.  :)

5ft 10 and 6ft 2, they won't fit. It's annoying as I wanted the older one to get in my driver footwell to connect a wire 😉

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17779 on: February 8, 2023, 03:21:24 pm »
Is there anything you can do to charge a laptop with a three-pin power adaptor through a USB socket?

Flew with Virgin the other week and they advertise the 787-9 as having three-pin sockets in all seats, but they don't, and my laptop is a touch too old to be charged through a USB port. Battery life was thankfully good enough to last most of the flight, but I'm looking to take a much longer flight soon.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17780 on: February 8, 2023, 03:38:34 pm »
Is there anything you can do to charge a laptop with a three-pin power adaptor through a USB socket?

Flew with Virgin the other week and they advertise the 787-9 as having three-pin sockets in all seats, but they don't, and my laptop is a touch too old to be charged through a USB port. Battery life was thankfully good enough to last most of the flight, but I'm looking to take a much longer flight soon.

As far as I know, no you cant. USB's are only about 5v and wired differently

You can get portable UPS's that have a 3 pin plug to charge the laptop from, but they're aroumnd £100

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17781 on: February 8, 2023, 03:54:35 pm »

I assume your laptop doesn't have USB-C ports? You would need that for charging.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17782 on: February 8, 2023, 04:05:22 pm »
Why when driving a car with automatic transmission do so many drivers still rest their hand on a gear stick that won't move until they park or reverse?  :o ::)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17783 on: February 8, 2023, 04:12:14 pm »
Why when driving a car with automatic transmission do so many drivers still rest their hand on a gear stick that won't move until they park or reverse?  :o ::)

I think it's just habit, born from years of driving manuals. I got pretty good at keeping my hand off mine after about 3 years of ownership, been driving the wifes manual Astra for the past 5 weeks, back in mine and I get putting my hand on the gear lever.

HGV's, I've been driving automatics for 17 years, so I don't even go for a gearstick in that, I don't even think I could drive a manual splitter these days.

Mine does have sport and manual mode and around town it holds a gear longer than I want, so I use manual to shift up. Its a 6 speed and shifts into 6th at almost 70, so I put it in top as soon as I can, about 55mph or there abouts.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17784 on: February 8, 2023, 04:37:14 pm »

both hands should be on the wheel no?

i remember when i was on the taxis that an older driver once said to me - don't trust any driver that has both hands on the wheel

thing is - being a taxi driver you tend to lean on the door with your right arm and get quite a one-armed tan in the summer

for anyone that is driving with a manual gear box, try this - but only when going very slowly in a car park away from others

try braking with your left foot

you'll be quite surprised
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17785 on: February 8, 2023, 05:24:17 pm »
both hands should be on the wheel no?

i remember when i was on the taxis that an older driver once said to me - don't trust any driver that has both hands on the wheel

thing is - being a taxi driver you tend to lean on the door with your right arm and get quite a one-armed tan in the summer

for anyone that is driving with a manual gear box, try this - but only when going very slowly in a car park away from others

try braking with your left foot

you'll be quite surprised

Wear a seatbelt when doing this  ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17786 on: February 8, 2023, 07:14:14 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17787 on: February 8, 2023, 07:54:54 pm »
Cheers. Been looking at this but find them unseemly to be honest. If both leads from TV could fit into one would be best I guess.

Well yeah,you'd just have to get a big enough one,they were just to give you an idea on what to google,you can get fancy ones or you could chase the wall yourself.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17788 on: February 8, 2023, 08:03:06 pm »
Well yeah,you'd just have to get a big enough one,they were just to give you an idea on what to google,you can get fancy ones or you could chase the wall yourself.
Thanks. What's the fancy one's look like? ;D

Chase the wall?

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #17789 on: February 18, 2023, 08:29:08 am »
Hye all. With the full of respect, I just wanna ask...

Do Scousers pronounce "water" same like what I hear Londoners always pronounce it, "wa-er"?

I swear God there is no "T". Is it same?

Sorry, not from UK and I just want know, curious. Please.

Thank you.

Owh, and may I know too, this is which accent? The video.

https://fb.watch/iMhmiPqNPy/ It's not in London, isn't it? Bit different.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 08:32:59 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17790 on: February 18, 2023, 08:53:38 am »
She's from Yorkshire and the first fella who speaks is from the Midlands, Birmingham or that neck of the woods.

That water thing is just down south. They also replace th with f,
so it's free not three, fousand not thousand etc. So you'll hear stuff like free fousand free undred and firty free. 

We drop the H, my missus takes the piss going, "what's a ouse"

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17791 on: February 18, 2023, 03:31:35 pm »
She's from Yorkshire and the first fella who speaks is from the Midlands, Birmingham or that neck of the woods.

That water thing is just down south. They also replace th with f,
so it's free not three, fousand not thousand etc. So you'll hear stuff like free fousand free undred and firty free. 

We drop the H, my missus takes the piss going, "what's a ouse"
Thanks for the explanation, Rob. Truly appreciate that.

But pardon me I was laughing at that your missus, "what's a ouse"? Hahahahahah!!!

Sorry, no offense. I think its funny.  ;D  ;D  "Ouse". Now I know. I have no bloody idea at all about that "drop H".

Thank you.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17792 on: February 18, 2023, 03:33:21 pm »
Thanks. What's the fancy one's look like? ;D

Chase the wall?

Sorry mate,I didn't see this.

If your walls are solid then you "chase" the wall,basically cutting the wall so you can run wires/pipes in it & then plaster over them.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17793 on: February 19, 2023, 02:29:31 pm »
A question for Rob. There is a new Sainsburys warehouse in Speke. It's called the Liverpool Fulfillment Centre and has a sign "Liverpool LFC" above the door. (Had to do a double take, lol). Are these places normally called "fulfillment centres", or is this just a Red having a laugh?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17794 on: February 19, 2023, 04:30:01 pm »
A question for Rob. There is a new Sainsburys warehouse in Speke. It's called the Liverpool Fulfillment Centre and has a sign "Liverpool LFC" above the door. (Had to do a double take, lol). Are these places normally called "fulfillment centres", or is this just a Red having a laugh?

Depends on what the place is. If it's storing stock for delivery to the stores, it'd be an RDC (regional distribution centre) but if its for online orders its a fulfillment centre.

Haydock has a sign that says HAYDOCK RDC, so it's expect it to be LIVERPOOL FC. Whoever decided to build the place is a genius 🤣

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17795 on: February 19, 2023, 04:56:51 pm »
Depends on what the place is. If it's storing stock for delivery to the stores, it'd be an RDC (regional distribution centre) but if its for online orders its a fulfillment centre.

Haydock has a sign that says HAYDOCK RDC, so it's expect it to be LIVERPOOL FC. Whoever decided to build the place is a genius

It could well be its normal name then, don't think its big enough for a regional centre.

Its a red sign with white lettering too, made me laugh :D

Weirdly it says Liverpool LFC though, even though the L apparently means Liverpool anyway.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 04:58:26 pm by redbyrdz »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17796 on: February 19, 2023, 05:55:00 pm »
It could well be its normal name then, don't think its big enough for a regional centre.

Its a red sign with white lettering too, made me laugh :D

Weirdly it says Liverpool LFC though, even though the L apparently means Liverpool anyway.

Sainsburys colours are white and orange, so that deffo sounds like a red had the sign made

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17797 on: February 19, 2023, 06:21:41 pm »
Thanks for the explanation, Rob. Truly appreciate that.

But pardon me I was laughing at that your missus, "what's a ouse"? Hahahahahah!!!

Sorry, no offense. I think its funny.  ;D  ;D  "Ouse". Now I know. I have no bloody idea at all about that "drop H".

Thank you.

I said something to my son yesterday and he said "bloody hell Dad I've been alive 12 years and I can't understand what you say sometimes" 🤣

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17798 on: February 19, 2023, 06:41:07 pm »
Hye all. With the full of respect, I just wanna ask...

Do Scousers pronounce "water" same like what I hear Londoners always pronounce it, "wa-er"?

I swear God there is no "T". Is it same?

Sorry, not from UK and I just want know, curious. Please.

Thank you.

Owh, and may I know too, this is which accent? The video.

https://fb.watch/iMhmiPqNPy/ It's not in London, isn't it? Bit different.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GKRuG4oIu_o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GKRuG4oIu_o</a>

This is quite fun - you might watch it all. I performed a search at YT, and this was the first result ('water' in Scouse at the 1m40 mark)! But then again, YT scans speech in videos these days for auto-generated closed captioning:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sWAUrHODRWM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sWAUrHODRWM</a>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 06:42:45 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17799 on: February 22, 2023, 10:19:03 am »
This is quite fun - you might watch it all. I performed a search at YT, and this was the first result ('water' in Scouse at the 1m40 mark)! But then again, YT scans speech in videos these days for auto-generated closed captioning:
Thank you Jiminy Cricket, I'm enjoying the video. Hahahhahah!!! Now I got it.  ;D

The "kkkkhhhh" part had me in stitches. Hahahha!!!  ;D