Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1045581 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17720 on: January 16, 2023, 02:54:48 pm »
Pretty sure that was a foreign broadcast. I had Supersport on my IPTV and Berbatov was on it.
thanks Barney.

I've never heard of Supersport.

I did some research and concluded it was from "Premier League Productions" - didn't dig deep but seems the PL puts together broadcasts that UK-based channels don't have access to, purely for outside-UK usage.
I guess this is where the streaming services have to pick up the feed.

wiki (people list seems out of date):
The company has a group of UK based commentators, pundits, and presenters. Formerly, John Dykes led the presentation team between 2010 and 2017. Currently Steve Bower, Manish Bhasin and Seema Jaswal present Matchday Live on weekends with other presenters such as Jules Breach (on Fridays), Ian Irving and Will Perry filling in as needed. Kelly Cates and Mark Pougatch (among others) contribute as presenters for studio shows. Different guest pundits appear on each programme including Glenn Hoddle, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer, Ian Wright, Steve McManaman and Tim Sherwood.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17721 on: January 16, 2023, 04:22:20 pm »
thanks Barney.

I've never heard of Supersport..

I did some research and concluded it was from "Premier League Productions" - didn't dig deep but seems the PL puts together broadcasts that UK-based channels don't have access to, purely for outside-UK usage.
I guess this is where the streaming services have to pick up the feed.

wiki (people list seems out of date):
The company has a group of UK based commentators, pundits, and presenters. Formerly, John Dykes led the presentation team between 2010 and 2017. Currently Steve Bower, Manish Bhasin and Seema Jaswal present Matchday Live on weekends with other presenters such as Jules Breach (on Fridays), Ian Irving and Will Perry filling in as needed. Kelly Cates and Mark Pougatch (among others) contribute as presenters for studio shows. Different guest pundits appear on each programme including Glenn Hoddle, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer, Ian Wright, Steve McManaman and Tim Sherwood.

That takes me back to when I worked in Thailand, along with expert analysis from a lower league journeyman called Paul Masefield.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17722 on: January 16, 2023, 04:40:28 pm »
That takes me back to when I worked in Thailand, along with expert analysis from a lower league journeyman called Paul Masefield.
LOL I'm flying to Thailand in a few hours.

I know what you mean, one time I was watching a game in Chiang Mai -  it was an ex-player Scouser doing comms (might have been Flanagan, no clue now) and even though I grew up in Bootle, I had no effing idea what he was saying.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17723 on: January 16, 2023, 04:44:39 pm »
LOL I'm flying to Thailand in a few hours.

I know what you mean, one time I was watching a game in Chiang Mai -  it was an ex-player Scouser doing comms (might have been Flanagan, no clue now) and even though I grew up in Bootle, I had no effing idea what he was saying.

Lucky you, Its great avoiding the winter.

Where abouts?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17724 on: January 16, 2023, 06:11:10 pm »
Lucky you, Its great avoiding the winter.

Where abouts?
Just in BKK for a few days then spending most of the next month in  Cambodia and Vietnam.

Love it.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17725 on: January 16, 2023, 07:21:58 pm »
Just in BKK for a few days then spending most of the next month in  Cambodia and Vietnam.

Love it.
:thumbup

Ive just has a ham salad butty, Id kill for some Bangkok street food

- Mods feel free to move this to the Mundane thread

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #17726 on: January 16, 2023, 08:03:31 pm »
looking at around Cressington, Aiggy sort of way so far

seems the sweet spot. don't want to be IN town I ain't a goddamn tourist

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #17727 on: January 16, 2023, 08:18:42 pm »

That's nice down that way though mate - and the connections are really good too - the train will take you straight to Central and also you've got Otterspool Prom nearby. Just don't be too put off by a certain other mod living down there ;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17728 on: January 16, 2023, 08:41:40 pm »
Any advice or tips on how to give up football?

This season is really badly affecting my fragile mental health.

I know what you mean. Stop watching it and don't listen to podcasts or the radio about football is working for me at the moment.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17729 on: January 16, 2023, 10:11:15 pm »

Used to live off Aigburth rd just opposite Sefton Park. Handy for town, the park across the road, and Otterspool park and the prom just around the corner.  Though the houses are terraced without gardens. Could also lool the other site of Aigburth vale just behind the shops.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17730 on: January 16, 2023, 11:57:14 pm »
cheers yous

on a rapid timescale suddenly so widening the net. thanks for the places, hope it isn't just a case of take whatever I can get

it's AMAZING how many adverts have No Pets

my bird died this weekend so not an issue sigh

but I looked up the no pets things. toothless Tories put out like, something landlords can use contractually that does say they have to allow pets

the problem? it's optional

so nobody opts for it

not a problem I guess but wow it's like every listing hates pets

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17731 on: January 23, 2023, 03:04:09 am »
It's awkward as I go away for work in a week but I like the look of Cressington

I love the coast man. "the coast" lmao

My best friend I used to go see after her marriage broke down up in Bootle. Terrible place man - sorry anybody! - but I found my way to the chippy and back to get her salt and pepper chips

Sling down £600ish for just me, I have to work out of it, I like that area - just the coast yknow?

I don't even care it's Stanlow Oil Refinery on a wicked day lmao

The air is different

More importantly - more provable - the air is different for me

I'm open to so much,  when I get back from the business trip got a viewing a place in Ropewalks. I just tend to view that as "town"

I want a place to walk and think
I'm a musician but not an alien. Won't be playing drum and bass too often at 4am I reckon (I turn in about now at worst)

I'll be alright I reckon. I was living on Penny Lane before moving in with me dad again, when the 'VID came

I feel so old fashioned knowing what the fuck I am about, producing music for a local band and one in France, and a job that lets me live anywhere

Home is home though

Box it off next month.

The eventual place is the Palace of Wisdom

Do you know the quote?

Woolton probs

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17732 on: January 23, 2023, 09:47:33 am »
Cressington would be a good choice mate in all honesty. The Prom is unbeatable and it's a great place to watch nature's ebb and flow (literally).

Woolton is okay but you're nowhere near the water there. And it's only really useful if you hit one of the sweet spots, otherwise it's like being on Penny Lane again - population density mayhem.....

If I had the option to live in Liverpool again, then as close to the river as I can get is where I'd be.

But only in the south end of the city ;) :wave

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17733 on: January 23, 2023, 03:57:30 pm »
Anyone ever had to change the person going on a flight? Got a holiday booked for 2 weeks time, but as I'm currently on crutches I'm unsure if I will be able to make it. Was going to get someone else to go in my place.

The website says its £55 per name change, so it would be £110 to change name for both flights - that's more than the flights cost originally and I can't see why it would be so expensive.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17734 on: January 23, 2023, 04:47:56 pm »
Anyone ever had to change the person going on a flight? Got a holiday booked for 2 weeks time, but as I'm currently on crutches I'm unsure if I will be able to make it. Was going to get someone else to go in my place.

The website says its £55 per name change, so it would be £110 to change name for both flights - that's more than the flights cost originally and I can't see why it would be so expensive.
How much?! Bloody hell! Maybe you can appeal to their sense of compassion, given it's a force majeure in your reality? Might be cheaper though to cancel and recoup as much of the original cost as you can.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17735 on: January 23, 2023, 04:55:34 pm »
How much?! Bloody hell! Maybe you can appeal to their sense of compassion, given it's a force majeure in your reality? Might be cheaper though to cancel and recoup as much of the original cost as you can.

Costs a fortune to update a database.............

I'd try and speak to a supervisor and see if i could get the name changed, this close to the holiday cancellation fees will cost a hell of a lot more than the name change.

Unless its an activity holiday, I'd look to still go, see if there is a legroom seat going spare
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17736 on: January 23, 2023, 11:26:25 pm »
Costs a fortune to update a database.............

I'd try and speak to a supervisor and see if i could get the name changed, this close to the holiday cancellation fees will cost a hell of a lot more than the name change.

Unless its an activity holiday, I'd look to still go, see if there is a legroom seat going spare

Still undecided as Im still yet to actually get a full report on what my injury is. If its a case of too much activity will damage it, I won't go. It's Hamburg, so was a bit of a city weekend kind of thing and would ideally be able to walk around a bit to see the city!

We have sent them an email to ask over changing name cost, and possible leg room if I do fly.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17737 on: January 25, 2023, 04:27:25 pm »
Does a 10 month old baby require a passport if going abroad? Will be an Irish passport if that's any relevance.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17738 on: January 25, 2023, 04:40:32 pm »
How can I access that archive link that people often put up to read an article behind a paywall?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #17739 on: January 25, 2023, 04:44:16 pm »
How can I access that archive link that people often put up to read an article behind a paywall?

This one?

https://archive.ph/
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17740 on: January 25, 2023, 05:02:31 pm »
Does a 10 month old baby require a passport if going abroad? Will be an Irish passport if that's any relevance.

If it no different to the UK, then yes, they need them from birth, my youngest went to Portugal at 12 weeks old in 2008 and his brother was about the same age when he went to Tenerife in 2011. The passport lasts for 5 years, nice money spinning exercise.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17741 on: January 25, 2023, 08:45:34 pm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17742 on: January 25, 2023, 09:33:37 pm »
If it no different to the UK, then yes, they need them from birth, my youngest went to Portugal at 12 weeks old in 2008 and his brother was about the same age when he went to Tenerife in 2011. The passport lasts for 5 years, nice money spinning exercise.

Cheers Rob. Fucking baffling given they look a whole lot different as a new born baby to what they do at 5
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17743 on: January 26, 2023, 09:26:59 am »
Cheers Rob. Fucking baffling given they look a whole lot different as a new born baby to what they do at 5

My oldest kid is four now, and we got his passport when he was only a few months old. To be honest, if you put a baby photo of his in a line up I'd struggle to pick it out.
I'm always surprised that it's never been a problem - especially as we're usually travelling via car so they can barely be seen in the back to begin with.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17744 on: January 26, 2023, 09:29:11 am »

They'd be checking our passports, looking at the photo of a sleeping 6 week old baby and the 4 year old in front of them with a look of bewilderment.

My youngest sadly had to get a shitty blue passport 2 years ago when he was 10. Not only is it shit and a waste of money, its a stark reminder of what we have lost. I fucking hate the leavers :no

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17745 on: January 26, 2023, 11:35:15 am »
I have AirPods synced to my phone. I’ve recently started getting warnings that the volume is too loud and it automatically turns it down and seems to cap the maximum volume. When I’m out and about it’s too quiet and I’m struggling to listen to podcasts over the volume of traffic and background noise.

Anyone know how you can overwrite that? I don’t want to deafen myself, but a bit of personal choice to how loud I can play things wouldn’t go amiss!

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17746 on: January 26, 2023, 12:19:33 pm »
I have AirPods synced to my phone. I’ve recently started getting warnings that the volume is too loud and it automatically turns it down and seems to cap the maximum volume. When I’m out and about it’s too quiet and I’m struggling to listen to podcasts over the volume of traffic and background noise.

Anyone know how you can overwrite that? I don’t want to deafen myself, but a bit of personal choice to how loud I can play things wouldn’t go amiss!
Is noise cancelling available with your Airpods? If so, have you enabled it?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17747 on: January 26, 2023, 12:33:55 pm »
Can anyone help with a bit of code?

In work, I access our internal ordering system regularly throughout the day. I have to search for an invoice number and then when it returns the line in the system, I have to click it and then view the invoice in the customer's currency of order.

I've found that the URL, once I eventually get to where I want to be, is standardised. It looks something like this:

https://mycompany.com/secure/order/64128647?currency=customer

I'd like to make a bookmarklet which, when I click it:

1. Gives me a pop-up asking which invoice I'd like to view
2. Once I enter the invoice number in the popup, will populate the URL with the relevant number, taking me to where I need to be (saving me loads of clicks)

Hope that makes sense.

Would anyone know the javascript which could help me do this?

EDIT: Never mind, my first ever use of ChatGPT solved this for me. Amazing stuff.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 12:43:06 pm by .adam »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17748 on: January 26, 2023, 12:50:50 pm »
Can anyone help with a bit of code?

Would anyone know the javascript which could help me do this?

EDIT: Never mind, my first ever use of ChatGPT solved this for me. Amazing stuff.

you're gonna make this thread redundant now  :(
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17749 on: January 26, 2023, 12:53:56 pm »
you're gonna make this thread RAWK redundant now  :(

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17750 on: January 26, 2023, 02:01:43 pm »
you're gonna make this thread redundant now  :(

He's gonna make himself redundant

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17751 on: January 26, 2023, 02:49:01 pm »

On iphone try:

Settings > Sound and Haptics > Heaphone Safety

Should be an option to turn off 'Reduce Loud Sounds'

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17752 on: January 26, 2023, 03:57:21 pm »
On iphone try:

Settings > Sound and Haptics > Heaphone Safety

Should be an option to turn off 'Reduce Loud Sounds'

Thanks. Looks like it was turned off already. Turned it back in and turned it up to the maximum but will see if that makes a difference.

Had the AirPods a couple of years and have hammered them, suspect they might just be starting to get a bit overused.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17753 on: January 28, 2023, 12:45:21 am »
Cressington would be a good choice mate in all honesty. The Prom is unbeatable and it's a great place to watch nature's ebb and flow (literally).

Woolton is okay but you're nowhere near the water there. And it's only really useful if you hit one of the sweet spots, otherwise it's like being on Penny Lane again - population density mayhem.....

If I had the option to live in Liverpool again, then as close to the river as I can get is where I'd be.

But only in the south end of the city ;) :wave

8)

NO NEWS YET

Bulgaria for work next week EEK

hanging out with younger peeps who play COD all night
meanwhile I produce an album for a liverpool cult band outside of working hours

ta yous

do wanna be by the water

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17754 on: January 28, 2023, 01:50:02 pm »
Does anyone know either a work around or fix for the issues created after the latest Android phone updates please?

Paul's new phone the pixel 6a has had an automatic update which now means it refuses to connect via Bluetooth to my car stereo or his ps5 headphones and other apps connectivity stuff.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17755 on: January 28, 2023, 04:55:32 pm »
Does anyone know either a work around or fix for the issues created after the latest Android phone updates please?

Paul's new phone the pixel 6a has had an automatic update which now means it refuses to connect via Bluetooth to my car stereo or his ps5 headphones and other apps connectivity stuff.

this might work deb - go to your bluetooth connections and unpair or delete or clear or 'forget' those 2 devices (car and headphones) so they're no longer in the list and then turn your phone off and on and then try pairing with them again
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17756 on: January 28, 2023, 05:07:13 pm »
this might work deb - go to your bluetooth connections and unpair or delete or clear or 'forget' those 2 devices (car and headphones) so they're no longer in the list and then turn your phone off and on and then try pairing with them again

Thanks mate 👍

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17757 on: January 29, 2023, 09:59:57 am »
Just set up TV for the bedroom but need to hide the wires and extension plug. Any suggestions on best method?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17758 on: February 2, 2023, 09:31:25 pm »
Should I be worried about having a low resting heart rate or is it a good thing?

It's usually around 50-55 but can be as low as 45.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17759 on: February 2, 2023, 09:40:24 pm »
Might help you with free diving.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill