Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1045395 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17680 on: January 10, 2023, 11:57:00 am »
How do you motivate yourself when you're in a slump and just can't be bothered starting anything?

I usually break things down into smaller steps, if the actual task looks too much effort.

That way you will either get into it and get the task done, or you can do a little bit and have a break, knowing you have at least started!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17681 on: January 10, 2023, 01:17:14 pm »
How do you motivate yourself when you're in a slump and just can't be bothered starting anything?
I'll get back to you on that at some point.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17682 on: January 10, 2023, 02:17:22 pm »
I'll get back to you on that at some point.

;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17683 on: January 11, 2023, 08:29:39 am »
I find the best approach is to....

...Ah, fuck it.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17684 on: January 11, 2023, 04:03:15 pm »

I really struggle. These are a couple of pics of my garage. It was built about 8 years ago and I've just filled it full of shite. Everything is just buried under junk and I cannot motivate myself to go put there and clear all the shite and dump 90% of what is in there

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17685 on: January 11, 2023, 04:12:07 pm »
I really struggle. These are a couple of pics of my garage. It was built about 8 years ago and I've just filled it full of shite. Everything is just buried under junk and I cannot motivate myself to go put there and clear all the shite and dump 90% of what is in there

I like the Iron Maiden Spitfire  :thumbup

I went through a phase a while back of buying models, then stopped making them leaving me with about 2 grands worth in the cupboard.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17686 on: January 11, 2023, 04:18:09 pm »
I like the Iron Maiden Spitfire  :thumbup

I went through a phase a while back of buying models, then stopped making them leaving me with about 2 grands worth in the cupboard.

Well spotted :thumbup

I sprayed all the camouflage it in the summer, intending to build it in the winter, that's not happening. My 1/24th scale Huey is painted but not built, and can add a 1:48 Spitfire, two Bell Jet Rangers, a 1:72 BF109 and a Tamiya Peugeot 205T16 Group B - The Pug is worth about £100 now, so might never buld it and sell it instead.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17687 on: January 11, 2023, 04:29:59 pm »

I sprayed all the camouflage it in the summer, intending to build it in the winter, that's not happening. My 1/24th scale Huey is painted but not built, and can add a 1:48 Spitfire, two Bell Jet Rangers, a 1:72 BF109 and a Tamiya Peugeot 205T16 Group B - The Pug is worth about £100 now, so might never buld it and sell it instead.

It is a good hobby, can be very therapuetic. I just lost my mojo, I mainly bought 1/32 Wingnut Wings WW1 planes, as I enjoyed rigging them. Then the company went tits up just before they were going to bring out some 1/32 Lancasters.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17688 on: January 11, 2023, 04:58:03 pm »

Is it bad that the first thing I spotted was the big box of sweets?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17689 on: January 11, 2023, 05:10:38 pm »
Is it bad that the first thing I spotted was the big box of sweets?

Nope ;D

They're the youngest sons. He's a greedy little fucker, but skinny as a rake, so we have to hide them from him or he'll eat the lot in one go.

It is a good hobby, can be very therapuetic. I just lost my mojo, I mainly bought 1/32 Wingnut Wings WW1 planes, as I enjoyed rigging them. Then the company went tits up just before they were going to bring out some 1/32 Lancasters.

When I was a really little kid, my Dad made a load of Airfix kits and hung them from my bedroom ceiling, then as I got older, he taught me how to build them and I was hooked. It was always planes, mainly WW2, Spitfires, Hurricanes, Tempest, Typhoon, BF109 and FW190s. I got a few jets, Phantom, Harrier but preferred the piston engined. As I got older it was Tamiya bikes, all the Japanese bikes that they produced in the 1980s and then Rally Cars, had the Tamiya Audi Quattro, 205T16 and a few others. I stopped building when I was about 20/21.

My issue now is I don't have anywhere to put them once built. We've a decent sized house, but rather than build it as a 3 bed, they built it as a two bed, with a huge main bedroom and a double bedroom at the back. This means one kid uses the bedroom as my missus let the eldest have the dining room, which was my space before the kids were born, so I have nowhere but the garage, which is too narrow and is freezing in winter. I've got a Yamaha R1 I've had for 12 years that's half built, plus the others.

I'm not putting them in the kids room, they've got a load of metal WW2 fighters on a shelf that they cannot reach, yet everyone is damaged, so don't trust the shits.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17690 on: January 12, 2023, 11:39:39 am »
Am I okay to fly to the USA having had two rounds of covid jabs in June and August 2021, and a booster in December 2021? Or do I need another booster?

edit: looks like seasonal boosters are only recommended for over-50s and people at particular risk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 12:25:23 pm by rowan_d »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17691 on: January 13, 2023, 09:20:53 am »
I've done this before but I can't remember how to do this. When you post a link to a site, rather than displaying the full path, you can mask it, eg Lfc rather than https:/liverxxxxxx etc.

How do you do it?

Ta

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17692 on: January 13, 2023, 09:23:05 am »
I've done this before but I can't remember how to do this. When you post a link to a site, rather than displaying the full path, you can mask it, eg Lfc rather than https:/liverxxxxxx etc.

How do you do it?

Ta

Like this

Liverpool site
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17693 on: January 13, 2023, 09:26:28 am »

How do you do it?

Ta

I thought you were a programmer.

Quote this.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17694 on: January 13, 2023, 09:32:58 am »
I thought you were a programmer.

Quote this.

I am, but I forget how to do shit loads of basic stuff  I'm getting old now ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17695 on: January 13, 2023, 09:44:54 am »
I am, but I forget how to do shit loads of basic stuff  I'm getting old now ;D

I know what you mean, I had to help my nephew doing long diviaions on paper over Christmas. :-X
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17696 on: January 13, 2023, 10:00:11 am »
I know what you mean, I had to help my nephew doing long diviaions on paper over Christmas. :-X

When my two were home during covid, I was doing 10 yr old maths and having to Google stuff. I got O level maths ffs :butt

My head is wrecked anyway, I was trying to remember how to post the link while trying to work out how to correct corrupted data caused by a bug in our stock system. I got the data reset to 3 days ago last night, but now I need to create some data so that an overnight batch will work.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #17697 on: January 13, 2023, 10:40:44 am »
Did he then help you with your English C2 test? ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17698 on: January 13, 2023, 10:53:28 am »

;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17699 on: January 13, 2023, 11:21:19 am »

I'm sure he is better at typing on his phone than me!

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17700 on: January 13, 2023, 01:28:37 pm »
What are these gutter clips called?

One of mine has snapped and need a replacement but not sure what it's called in order to search.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17701 on: January 13, 2023, 01:45:31 pm »
What are these gutter clips called?

One of mine has snapped and need a replacement but not sure what it's called in order to search.

I think they are just called gutter clips. If they are for also screwing the gutter to the fascia, they are called fascia brackets

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17702 on: January 14, 2023, 04:30:13 pm »
Any advice or tips on how to give up football?

This season is really badly affecting my fragile mental health.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17703 on: January 14, 2023, 05:19:32 pm »

Log out of RAWK and avoid the media. Take up painting/photography/plastic kit modelling/learn an instrument.

Me, I'm fine with this, we've both grown up with Shanks, Bob and Kenny, I'd seen utter domination followed by a monumental collapse for decades, this is nothing but a teeny blip. Remember, Bob finished 5th once, with Villa and Ipsweich slugging it out for the title.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17704 on: January 14, 2023, 05:20:31 pm »

Definitely take a break from it. Log off and avoid reading footie-related content online. Get out into nature more. Take up a hobby.

It's just a game, mate. Seriously.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17705 on: January 14, 2023, 05:23:12 pm »
Definitely take a break from it. Log off and avoid reading footie-related content online. Get out into nature more. Take up a hobby.

This place is toxic at the minute.

I've spent the afternoon at Barton airport with my lad, looking around the hangar with a corporal from the cadets, nice to get away from everything and now trying to work out how to get £15k so he can do his PPL - well, we need to put in about £7.5k and he needs to raise the same.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17706 on: January 14, 2023, 05:30:18 pm »

Two of my hobbies, rock climbing and hill walking, thing is it's more or less rained constantly here since the start of the year, not just a little, but hammered it down (damn climate change).
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17707 on: January 14, 2023, 05:43:57 pm »
Two of my hobbies, rock climbing and hill walking, thing is it's more or less rained constantly here since the start of the year, not just a little, but hammered it down (damn climate change).
Any indoor facilities near you? Can you install some hand grip exercise thingies in your place?

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17708 on: January 14, 2023, 05:49:30 pm »
Any indoor facilities near you? Can you install some hand grip exercise thingies in your place?

Am just off to the gym.

There's a climbing wall 10 minutes walk away, but it's too expensive IMO (3 times the price of the gym).

Thanks for the replies.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #17709 on: January 14, 2023, 05:53:35 pm »
Am just off to the gym.

There's a climbing wall 10 minutes walk away, but it's too expensive IMO (3 times the price of the gym).

Thanks for the replies.

Get a hang board mate. Can probably be installed in any doorway and look online for some routines to strengthen fingers. Goes a long way to working out stress. Just remember to warm up the fingers before any work out. Popped tendons are no fun

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17710 on: January 15, 2023, 04:13:11 pm »
I'm watching today's games on Fubo in Canada.

what always confuses me is:  which of the UK broadcasters' feed is being used?  the Fubo screen never shows if it's bbc, sky, whatever.

right now Berbatov is one of the studio pundits.

can anyone let me know which UK channel that is? 

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #17711 on: January 15, 2023, 04:50:19 pm »
I've spent the afternoon at Barton airport with my lad, looking around the hangar with a corporal from the cadets, nice to get away from everything and now trying to work out how to get £15k so he can do his PPL - well, we need to put in about £7.5k and he needs to raise the same.

Sounds a magic afternoon that. My office is the top floor of the big triangular building next to the ski slope so I can sit and watch them coming in and taking off all day. Can see the Runcorn bridges on even a moderately clear day.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #17712 on: January 15, 2023, 04:52:23 pm »
Where should a fellow move to rentwise these days

I am looking around but wouldn't mind starting a war of the areas

Dingle Vs Bootle NAME YOUR CREWS AND FIGHT

(Woolton or Mossley Hill is generally what I reckon, I do want to see green that isn't class b)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17713 on: January 15, 2023, 05:16:29 pm »
Sounds a magic afternoon that. My office is the top floor of the big triangular building next to the ski slope so I can sit and watch them coming in and taking off all day. Can see the Runcorn bridges on even a moderately clear day.

It was. I was annoyed though, as I sodded off for a coffee to let the lads have some time on their own and 10 minutes later he whatsapps me a picture of a P51 Mustang that was in another hangar :butt

I know that building well, we all wanted our lot to rent in there rather than move us out to Old Trafford.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17714 on: January 15, 2023, 06:37:16 pm »

(Woolton or Mossley Hill is generally what I reckon, I do want to see green that isn't class b)
I've lived in 3 of those areas - not Bootle - and I went to school in two of them. If you're serious about Woolton, it depends which bit - there are cramped parts, there are nice parts, there are parts which are expensive just cos they're Woolton - and it's a bit far from town.

Mossley Hill, similar with the nice bits v cramped bits but the connections to town are better and of course you have Sevvy Park down the road.

The Dingle - I have a bit of a soft spot for it - but again, lots of terraced housing in many parts, but some 'newer' bits, esp where the old tenaments were knocked down. If you can get closer to the riverside road, that'd be better - stay away from the Holy Land streets though - rammed, busy and not aesthetically pleasing, nowhere near any decent parks. That said, the south end of Dingle can be okay in places, bottom end of Park Rd, I think there are two other RAWKites currently living down that end - and it places you near to Princes Park. Much better connections into town - the 82 was what I called "the banana bus" cos they came in bunches like.....

Bootle - soz northenders but you couldn't pay me enough to live there #snob :wave

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17715 on: January 15, 2023, 06:38:53 pm »
Bootle - soz northenders but you couldn't pay me enough to live there #snob :wave
OY - I heard that!!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17716 on: January 15, 2023, 06:43:35 pm »
OY - I heard that!!
(he did say he wanted to start a war :wave )

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17717 on: January 16, 2023, 08:01:30 am »

How far from town do you want to be, and do you want a garden or close to a park?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17718 on: January 16, 2023, 08:43:59 am »

My Dad used to live in Allerton, close to Allerton Cemetery, before he got divorced from his second wife, my half-sister now lives in the house. It was nice around there, had the park to walk his dog, not far from the Parkway.

You couldn't pay me enough to ever go back to Kirkby

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17719 on: January 16, 2023, 02:48:48 pm »
I'm watching today's games on Fubo in Canada.

what always confuses me is:  which of the UK broadcasters' feed is being used?  the Fubo screen never shows if it's bbc, sky, whatever.

right now Berbatov is one of the studio pundits.

can anyone let me know which UK channel that is?

Pretty sure that was a foreign broadcast. I had Supersport on my IPTV and Berbatov was on it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT