Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1047132 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17640 on: December 16, 2022, 12:37:30 pm »
What Sangria said above. But also - when I wanted to send flowers abroad, I found it was better (and cheaper) to find a local florist (local to the receiver) online that delivered and order them there.
That's what I do for me ma's birthday - order from a local florist by phone or on their website. Doesn't take a great deal of research to find a florist near to where your intended recipient lives. Merry Christmas, one and all, and God Bless t'Interwebs! ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17641 on: December 17, 2022, 10:52:20 pm »
They’re stupidly expensive but Interflora only allow reputable florists onto their platform and they do always get them there in good condition and reasonably close to the picture. M&S not bad either. Some of the budget ones are dire, they look full bouquets online then the person receives a few twigs and some battered flowers.
What Sangria said above. But also - when I wanted to send flowers abroad, I found it was better (and cheaper) to find a local florist (local to the receiver) online that delivered and order them there.
That's what I do for me ma's birthday - order from a local florist by phone or on their website. Doesn't take a great deal of research to find a florist near to where your intended recipient lives. Merry Christmas, one and all, and God Bless t'Interwebs! ;)
Cheers all.

*Edit just been looking at sites like Interflora - shows I know fudge all about what to get ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 11:02:18 pm by The G in Get Hard »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17642 on: December 18, 2022, 09:35:09 am »
Cheers all.

*Edit just been looking at sites like Interflora - shows I know fudge all about what to get ;D
Two words for you - "seasonal bouquet" ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17643 on: December 19, 2022, 08:40:54 am »
Was wondering about this during yesterday's final, did Ronaldo 9 ever play at Anfield?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17644 on: December 19, 2022, 08:55:58 am »
Was wondering about this during yesterday's final, did Ronaldo 9 ever play at Anfield?

Not in a competitive game (probably not at all unless there was a charity game I’ve forgotten about).

Closest he came was maybe the 1997 Cup Winners’ Cup semis but we drew PSG. Barca we’re in the other semi.

The following year we were in the UEFA alongside Inter but we went out early. 98/99 they were in the Champions League and us the UEFA. The following season we didn’t qualify at all and then he had his injury problems.

After he joined Real we were both in the Champions League for a couple of seasons but our paths never crossed.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17645 on: December 19, 2022, 10:03:36 am »
Not in a competitive game (probably not at all unless there was a charity game I’ve forgotten about).

Closest he came was maybe the 1997 Cup Winners’ Cup semis but we drew PSG. Barca we’re in the other semi.

The following year we were in the UEFA alongside Inter but we went out early. 98/99 they were in the Champions League and us the UEFA. The following season we didn’t qualify at all and then he had his injury problems.

After he joined Real we were both in the Champions League for a couple of seasons but our paths never crossed.
Thanks for that. Shame as he would've gotten a great ovation at Anfield just like when he put in that performance vs United.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17646 on: December 21, 2022, 04:45:07 pm »
Why isn't it fully dark by 4:45PM any more? I remember being in Anfield as a kid when games finished at 4:40 and it was fully dark before full time, the sky is still light out there and its 4:45
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17647 on: December 21, 2022, 04:48:27 pm »
Why isn't it fully dark by 4:45PM any more? I remember being in Anfield as a kid when games finished at 4:40 and it was fully dark before full time, the sky is still light out there and its 4:45
Something not right with that, Rob.

If you're inside a lit stadium, then it's going to 'look' darker, from the perspective of being inside the stadium, than it really is outside. When you're outside, your field of vision is wider and also not compromised by floodlights.

Your memory might also be *ahem* "clouded" - when the sky is clear, the twilight effect is felt for longer - it might be that your memory as a kid isn't taking cloud cover into account - or your eyesight was worse than it is now. I know which one my money's on  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 04:50:00 pm by 24/Swans-a-7ing »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17648 on: December 21, 2022, 05:21:47 pm »
Something not right with that, Rob.

If you're inside a lit stadium, then it's going to 'look' darker, from the perspective of being inside the stadium, than it really is outside. When you're outside, your field of vision is wider and also not compromised by floodlights.

Your memory might also be *ahem* "clouded" - when the sky is clear, the twilight effect is felt for longer - it might be that your memory as a kid isn't taking cloud cover into account - or your eyesight was worse than it is now. I know which one my money's on  ;D

The most vivid memory I have is Spurs fans lashing coins from the old away end into the Kemlyn and them glinting in the floodlights and then coming out and they were trying to force the gates and the police horses were up against the gates, then some fella lying in the gutter on the corner of priory and it was full on dark. Maybe it was cloud.

I also remember it being dark coming out of the Kop and when walking through Stanley Park, with all the loons waiting on the walls for the away fans to get out

I wear contacts now, I've 20/20 vision 😎
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 05:35:21 pm by robbed1966kidsbikesoffsanta »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17649 on: December 21, 2022, 05:24:14 pm »
One of my clients, who's been to hell and back this year, is about to be made homeless on the 16th Jan. 

She's worrying that she's not got the funds to pay for removals when the time comes and although I've found a couple of organisations who could help I'm wondering if anyone could give some better advice.

She's in West Yorkshire if that makes a difference.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17650 on: December 21, 2022, 08:45:35 pm »

I also left Anfield as a kid in winter and it was never fully dark. Pretty close to it though. Usually dark by the time we walked home though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 08:55:22 pm by AndyInVA »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17651 on: December 22, 2022, 08:53:38 am »
Just realised the most users ever online on here was when we drew 3-3 to Crystal Palace, but it's now November 5th 2022. I don't recall anything significant happening on that date?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17652 on: December 22, 2022, 08:59:22 am »
Just realised the most users ever online on here was when we drew 3-3 to Crystal Palace, but it's now November 5th 2022. I don't recall anything significant happening on that date?

Great fireworks.

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #17653 on: December 22, 2022, 11:00:27 am »
I can't find a suitable thread. I know it's supposed to be a private question but I need more inputs, more answers to the problem so it's purely stupid to private message lots of people here.

With the full of respect, is it find to ask it here, to gather more knowledge? Experience from real humans here, compared to a blog that's just to attract viewers for advert (increasing the income).

Is it fine to ask? It's related to health of manhood, if I'm trying to be subtle here.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 11:04:54 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17654 on: December 22, 2022, 11:21:24 am »
I can't find a suitable thread. I know it's supposed to be a private question but I need more inputs, more answers to the problem so it's purely stupid to private message lots of people here.

With the full of respect, is it find to ask it here, to gather more knowledge? Experience from real humans here, compared to a blog that's just to attract viewers for advert (increasing the income).

Is it fine to ask? It's related to health of manhood, if I'm trying to be subtle here.

Ask anything you want to. If you're still uncomfortable, then ask me in a PM and I'll do my best to find a reliable answer for you. Manhood and masculinity stuff - I do a lot of that work in therapy for clients. Go ahead!

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17655 on: December 23, 2022, 07:35:21 am »
If that number includes 'guests', then web crawlers (search engine bots) probably account for most of the total. The number of bots can vary by a lot.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17656 on: December 23, 2022, 08:37:50 am »
Ask anything you want to. If you're still uncomfortable, then ask me in a PM and I'll do my best to find a reliable answer for you. Manhood and masculinity stuff - I do a lot of that work in therapy for clients. Go ahead!

Good job Chopper doesn't post on here these days ;)

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #17657 on: December 23, 2022, 11:20:24 am »
Okay, I will try. Firstly, to quote Sir Harvest Fields in "Alcohol Issues" thread...

Sir Harvest Fields: "sarcastic comments welcome as well cos knowing Rawk someone is itching to drop one lol."  ;D  ;D

=============

I believe there are plenty of lads here older than me and maybe could give an advice / experience sharing. Okay, in four years more I'm going to be 40. With three kids right now.

Physically, I think I'm healthy. I can run, long walk, jog and wank. So I think I am healthy.

But lately... Just lately... How to say it... I can't get "harder" down there. And I couldn't last longer.

Is it normal when we are reaching 40, facing this?

I don't drink and not consuming alcohol at all. It's not like I am in a depressed condition, mental or something.

It's just... Bugging me. Any of you, above / reaching 40 and facing this issue? It's not dysfunctioning, it's just not... Performing.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17658 on: December 23, 2022, 12:08:51 pm »
Okay, I will try. Firstly, to quote Sir Harvest Fields in "Alcohol Issues" thread...

Sir Harvest Fields: "sarcastic comments welcome as well cos knowing Rawk someone is itching to drop one lol."  ;D  ;D

=============

I believe there are plenty of lads here older than me and maybe could give an advice / experience sharing. Okay, in four years more I'm going to be 40. With three kids right now.

Physically, I think I'm healthy. I can run, long walk, jog and wank. So I think I am healthy.

But lately... Just lately... How to say it... I can't get "harder" down there. And I couldn't last longer.

Is it normal when we are reaching 40, facing this?

I don't drink and not consuming alcohol at all. It's not like I am in a depressed condition, mental or something.

It's just... Bugging me. Any of you, above / reaching 40 and facing this issue? It's not dysfunctioning, it's just not... Performing.

Personally I didn't have any problems at that age and still manage ok at 56 and being a few stone overweight, but he can let me down from time to time. Usually its down to stress or just feeling worn out and the more you stress about it, the worse it gets. The only time I couldn't get it up was when I had major heart issues and the heart just couldn't pump enough blood, but I knew I was ill as I was struggling with day to day things, so it wasn't a worry.

Get a check up from the GP/Docs to check that nothing untoward is going on.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17659 on: December 23, 2022, 12:32:27 pm »
Might be symptomatic of anxiety or depression. Also depends how you define performing. If you get erect but have problems achieving ejaculation, that's called "delayed", as opposed to premature. It also happens when on certain SSRI meds and a common side effect of general states of depression. It doesn't always have to relate to drink or to age. That said, a quick check up to see if bloodwork shows any signs in the prostate area of possible issues is a good idea.

Hope all goes well.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17660 on: January 1, 2023, 10:24:47 pm »
The gut instincts discussion was interesting so I've split it and merged it with an existing, albeit old thread. I'm sure there's loads of tales.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17661 on: January 1, 2023, 10:26:50 pm »
The gut instincts discussion was interesting so I've split it and merged it with an existing, albeit old thread. I'm sure there's loads of tales.
what thread is that John?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17663 on: January 1, 2023, 10:57:17 pm »
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=159659.0

Couple of blasts from the past in there, Helly and Low/Americas Sweetheart for two.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17664 on: January 1, 2023, 11:20:58 pm »
Couple of blasts from the past in there, Helly and Low/Americas Sweetheart for two.
Yep. Although not in this case, loads of people start threads about various subjects when they already exist. Often its due to laziness but it's also because people want their name as thread starter. But I love the (short) history in this forum and most old discussions shouldn't be left deep in the servers never to re-emerge. In my opinion it doesn't matter if there's a 10-year gap between posts such as this subject. Merge and contain them :)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17666 on: January 1, 2023, 11:33:39 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17667 on: January 1, 2023, 11:42:22 pm »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17668 on: January 9, 2023, 08:33:41 pm »
Paul's wanting to learn to drive and has had a provisional drivers licence before decades ago so does he just renew it or apply for a brand new one?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17669 on: January 9, 2023, 08:40:20 pm »
Paul's wanting to learn to drive and has had a provisional drivers licence before decades ago so does he just renew it or apply for a brand new one?
He might want to apply for a brand new one, since "horsepower" these days will carry a very different meaning....... :wave

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17670 on: January 9, 2023, 08:43:44 pm »
He might want to apply for a brand new one, since "horsepower" these days will carry a very different meaning....... :wave

Thanks Jim 👍

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17671 on: January 9, 2023, 09:05:57 pm »

If he applied for his old one before march 1st 1973, he needs to apply for a new provisional licence https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence otherwise he just needs to renew it. He'll need a photo though https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence?gclid=CjwKCAiAk--dBhABEiwAchIwkeM388o7QfaCtpBdaTLVk8AB4BVfaeX8U-b9daDWTCx7tsV4jsyTsBoCcb8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17672 on: January 9, 2023, 09:15:29 pm »
He'll need a photo though
Tell him the good news that they do colour ones now!!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17673 on: January 9, 2023, 09:58:48 pm »
If he applied for his old one before march 1st 1973, he needs to apply for a new provisional licence https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence otherwise he just needs to renew it. He'll need a photo though https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence?gclid=CjwKCAiAk--dBhABEiwAchIwkeM388o7QfaCtpBdaTLVk8AB4BVfaeX8U-b9daDWTCx7tsV4jsyTsBoCcb8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Does it matter if he's changed address Rob?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17674 on: January 10, 2023, 01:10:02 am »
Does it matter if he's changed address Rob?

Yeah,you're supposed to keep it up to date.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17675 on: January 10, 2023, 08:07:55 am »
Yeah,you're supposed to keep it up to date.

Even though it was more than 10yrs out of date when he moved then another 20yrs before he moved again?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17676 on: January 10, 2023, 09:11:34 am »
Even though it was more than 10yrs out of date when he moved then another 20yrs before he moved again?

As far as I know, it only matters on a valid licence - when he renews, he can just update the licence details then.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17677 on: January 10, 2023, 09:51:31 am »
As far as I know, it only matters on a valid licence - when he renews, he can just update the licence details then.

Cheers mate.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #17678 on: January 10, 2023, 11:50:16 am »
How do you motivate yourself when you're in a slump and just can't be bothered starting anything?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17679 on: January 10, 2023, 11:55:38 am »
How do you motivate yourself when you're in a slump and just can't be bothered starting anything?

I get like that when I need to do an RPLP update and just hope BoRed does it for me  ;D

Really though, it depends what it is. There's plenty of work stuff I just put off and don't bother with it for ages even though it's on a time limit. I just know when the time comes I can ask for the deadline to be pushed back to when it suits me.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT