Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1047345 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17880 on: March 3, 2023, 09:45:45 am »
I know someone who works in our Fleet Dept, I asked her and this is her Reply back

Hi Rob

I believe she will have to declare it yes as you have to declare all incidents even when you aren’t at fault, it will also depend on how the incident has been reported e.g. has it been reported as non fault and was it reported to the police. I know with some of our drivers if a vehicle has been damaged by an unknown third party and they haven’t reported it to the police then we hold the driver at fault.

Even though it will be a company insurance if they were to run a check against her name the incident will be on her record for 5 years.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17881 on: March 3, 2023, 12:28:55 pm »
Thanks, Rob.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17882 on: March 3, 2023, 01:41:58 pm »
Because cash is tax free.

It does seem odd that some industries are so happy taking cash knowing they will never declare it.
years back (pre credit / debit cards really) my cousin seriously considered buying a local sweet shop in Liverpool from the retiring owner who was a great friend.  they spent a lot of time reviewing the 2 sets of books the owner kept.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17883 on: March 3, 2023, 01:47:53 pm »
Also, doesn't it cost businesses to use chip and pin terminals? Don't the banks, or Visa/Mastercard/etc charge a fee for every transaction? I believe this was the reason why many businesses used to (or still do) practise the minimum transaction limit.
last year a lot of small businesses here (stores, restaurants etc) started an "extra fee to use a credit card" policy to offset the credit card fee they have to pay.

it caused quite a stir but a lot of ppl were very sympathetic coz that 2-3% that goes to VISA or whatever means a lot to all small-margin businesses.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17884 on: March 3, 2023, 01:49:10 pm »
last year a lot of small businesses here (stores, restaurants etc) started an "extra fee to use a credit card" policy to offset the credit card fee they have to pay.

it caused quite a stir but a lot of ppl were very sympathetic coz that 2-3% that goes to VISA or whatever means a lot to all small-margin businesses.

That's illegal in the UK. Has been for must be 5+ years now.

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17885 on: March 3, 2023, 01:51:32 pm »
really?  interesting.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17886 on: March 3, 2023, 01:56:00 pm »

Not a flip question, genuine: credit card companies charging the card fee, or businesses charging a compensatory additional fee to offset?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17887 on: March 3, 2023, 01:57:38 pm »
Not a flip question, genuine: credit card companies charging the card fee, or businesses charging a compensatory additional fee to offset?

Businesses charging extra to pay by card is illegal.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17888 on: March 3, 2023, 02:09:15 pm »
Businesses charging extra to pay by card is illegal.

But companies doing so is not.

Capitalism at its finest...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17889 on: March 3, 2023, 02:12:43 pm »
But companies doing so is not.

Capitalism at its finest...

I'm not sure I agree with you..... Visa and Mastercard etc provide a service and charge a fee for it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Of course having a duopoly as those 2 companies essentially had for years is not a good thing, but as I understand it other more modern Fintech companies like Stripe are muscling in on that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17890 on: March 4, 2023, 10:11:32 am »
Broken the smallest finger/toe in my foot. How long before you should start doing the normal things from those who may have suffered that injury? Doctor said to me I can run on it in 2 weeks whilst, nurse said keep it strapped up and limit movement for 4 weeks!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17891 on: March 4, 2023, 10:16:09 am »
Broken the smallest finger/toe in my foot. How long before you should start doing the normal things from those who may have suffered that injury? Doctor said to me I can run on it in 2 weeks whilst, nurse said keep it strapped up and limit movement for 4 weeks!

You have fingers on your feet?

Where you born in Openshaw? ;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17892 on: March 4, 2023, 10:52:37 am »

I broke a toe a couple of months ago, I just wen about my business, under the assumption the doctor would say there is nothing they can do. Just limped around for a bit. Now it's totally fine.

I'm probably not the best person to take advice from though.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17893 on: March 4, 2023, 10:53:34 am »
You have fingers on your feet?

Where you born in Openshaw? ;D

Ha I honestly didn’t know whether the toe meant just the big toe. Think I described it to the doc as my feet fingers.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17894 on: March 4, 2023, 11:11:28 am »
Bet you wear these don’t you?

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17895 on: March 4, 2023, 11:56:42 am »
My Ma used to call me creeping Jesus, I'm very very quiet when I want to be ;)

;D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17896 on: March 4, 2023, 12:03:13 pm »
Bet you wear these don’t you?

Not my colour.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17897 on: March 4, 2023, 12:06:14 pm »
Ha I honestly didn’t know whether the toe meant just the big toe. Think I described it to the doc as my feet fingers.

yeh - but you have no sole
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17898 on: March 4, 2023, 12:13:00 pm »
years back (pre credit / debit cards really) my cousin seriously considered buying a local sweet shop in Liverpool from the retiring owner who was a great friend.  they spent a lot of time reviewing the 2 sets of books the owner kept.

That’s hilarious

I think it’s a risk a lot of small businesses are prepared to take. Even if the practice is illegal, it’s only illegal if you get caught. Given that the tax man gets so much more money per hour of effort from bigger companies than chasing a small operator and only recovering a bit of tax, it’s a considered risk. The tax man would have to really work to prove cash payments from some clients. As long as you pay some tax and just skim some off it becomes really hard to spot.

Credit card fees really are a pain for small businesses. 2-3% is a typical fee. I have a small business and I take payments of a few hundred dollars at a time. Losing $12 on $400 just to be able to take a payment is frustrating. I do the same thing and add fees depending on the payment method. Cashapp is way the best at the moment. They hold your money for two days as their ‘fee’, which I am fine with, but at least I get the whole amount.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17899 on: March 4, 2023, 02:29:48 pm »

I'd go with the two weeks and see how it is after that.

Also: foot fingers ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17900 on: March 4, 2023, 03:51:21 pm »
what's next?  using one of your hand toes to pick your nose?  :)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17901 on: March 4, 2023, 04:37:19 pm »

Ahh, the feet, the hands of the leg. (Heard that on Taskmaster)

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17902 on: March 4, 2023, 04:53:26 pm »
Why are chippies unable to accept card payments and only take cash? It seems as if f every other type of business has moved into the 2020s but not if frying fish is your thing. It is a pain in the neck when you don’t remember and have to go on a quest to find a cash machine (also now costing to remove your money).

Virtually nothing takes cards on Anglesey especially not chippies or Chinese takeaways. 

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17903 on: March 4, 2023, 04:56:15 pm »
what's next?  using one of your hand toes to pick your nose?  :)

Surely you mean pick your smell-mouth.

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17904 on: March 4, 2023, 05:09:57 pm »
Surely you mean pick your smell-mouth.

:) :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #17905 on: March 4, 2023, 07:05:20 pm »
Virtually nothing takes cards on Anglesey especially not chippies or Chinese takeaways. 
They got leccy yet........?  ???

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17906 on: March 4, 2023, 07:08:41 pm »
They got leccy yet........?  ???

Yeah we've got leccy, no mains gas though and I'm not even sure if there's mains drains yet as most places I know are on septic tanks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17907 on: March 4, 2023, 07:15:57 pm »
Yeah we've got leccy, no mains gas though and I'm not even sure if there's mains drains yet as most places I know are on septic tanks.
We were evicted from our septic tank - we had to go live in the t' laaaaake..........

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17908 on: March 4, 2023, 07:35:22 pm »
We were evicted from our septic tank - we had to go live in the t' laaaaake..........
and you had the nerve to complain when the neighbours said you were full of shit? 

tsk ....

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17909 on: March 4, 2023, 07:38:40 pm »
and you had the nerve to complain when the neighbours said you were full of shit? 

tsk ....
Bugger off and read your new CT, old man ;D

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17910 on: March 4, 2023, 07:40:56 pm »
Bugger off and read your new CT, old man ;D
you ageist bastid.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17911 on: March 4, 2023, 08:16:25 pm »

😂

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17912 on: March 10, 2023, 07:40:18 am »
Is there any point getting a memory foam mattress if I sleep in a different position every night?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17913 on: March 10, 2023, 01:12:32 pm »
Is there any point getting a memory foam mattress if I sleep in a different position every night?

They aren't called "memory" in the sense that they form to one position and then always stay like that. They'll adapt to whatever position you're in at that time to provide better support than a normal mattress would.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #17914 on: March 10, 2023, 11:41:24 pm »

That's a great opener for a stand-up bit.

My mattress is not very good, it remembers fuck all.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17915 on: March 12, 2023, 06:06:43 pm »
What freebie can I use to create documents on the laptop?

We don't have Word etc but I need to create some information files so any suggestions for something that's free to use.

Nothing fancy in terms of columns, grids etc but better than notebook.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #17916 on: March 12, 2023, 06:09:35 pm »

We don't have Word etc but I need to create some information files so any suggestions for something that's free to use.

Try using Notepad++

Or if you want a completely free Office suit try LibreOffice

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17917 on: March 12, 2023, 06:10:47 pm »
Try using Notepad++

Or if you want a completely free Office suit try LibreOffice

Cheers mate.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17918 on: March 12, 2023, 06:10:55 pm »

Open Office has a version of word, I've used this myself

https://www.openoffice.org/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17919 on: March 12, 2023, 06:14:09 pm »
Yep, LibreOffice, you can something similar to Word, Excel etc. It can read and save as word files too, if you want to send it to anybody.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly