Author Topic: Your favourite cheese?  (Read 12352 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Your favourite cheese?
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2019, 06:29:20 pm »
Me too

Nothing better than sitting on the settee in front of a movie with a gigantic box of assorted crackers, cheese knife and a variety of cheeses.

How insistent are you that guests try some?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2019, 12:31:41 pm »
Anyone recommend a good site to buy a selection of nice cheeses? Quick google and there's bloody loads of specialty sites. This thread has inspired me to get a whopping selection box in for Crimbo.  Fucking love cheese me.

The Cheese Society in Lincoln.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2019, 01:28:39 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2019, 01:41:41 pm »
How insistent are you that guests try some?

Wondered how long before that GIF appeared.  I did consider posting it myself :)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2019, 03:02:22 pm »
I'm hooked on Cheddar on oat cakes/oat crackers at the moment - proper morish

Was given a box set the other christmas with that in,with caramelised onion jam and some different chutneys. Was gorgeous

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2019, 11:03:51 am »
If I was putting together a small,selection I would go for

Lancashire (but it’s hard to find in OZ, so I’d go Wensleydale)
Le Dauphin
Shropshire Blue
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2019, 11:10:27 am »
I had a piece of Stilton once in 1992 and was nearly sick.   I stay well away from it.  Horrid stuff.    :P

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2019, 12:25:35 pm »
I had a piece of Stilton once in 1992 and was nearly sick.   I stay well away from it.  Horrid stuff.    :P
You’d probably like it now.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2019, 01:12:15 pm »
You’d probably like it now.

Definitely. It's amazing how much your palette changes as you age. Love Stilton, Brie de Meaux, Blue Wensleydale.

For brekkie, I love a good scoop of marinated goats cheese dropped into the hole in an avocado served with a couple of poached eggs on toast.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2019, 04:36:04 pm »
The wife's favourite

Has see been to the Wensleydale Creamery where they make it? You can have a tour of the factory if you want (we did it once, and it was fairly interesting, but wouldn't bother again) but the highlight is the Cheesery shop. You walk through a glass door into a refrigerated room,sanitise your hands, and file around the outside as a load of different cheese - all varaiations of Wensleydale plus others (Cheddar, Double Gloucester, etc) are arranged along the counter in the middle. Each cheese has a bowl/plate of cubes to sample, along with wrapped portions to buy.

If you like cheese, you'll love it.

Coverdale is one of my 3 favourites they do with Abbot's Gold (Cheddar with caramalised onions), Garsdale (Wensleydale with roasted garlic & chives)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2019, 04:36:42 pm »
No mention of Roule?

It's fantastic spread on a digestive.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2019, 07:35:04 pm »

Has see been to the Wensleydale Creamery where they make it? You can have a tour of the factory if you want (we did it once, and it was fairly interesting, but wouldn't bother again) but the highlight is the Cheesery shop. You walk through a glass door into a refrigerated room,sanitise your hands, and file around the outside as a load of different cheese - all varaiations of Wensleydale plus others (Cheddar, Double Gloucester, etc) are arranged along the counter in the middle. Each cheese has a bowl/plate of cubes to sample, along with wrapped portions to buy.

If you like cheese, you'll love it.

Coverdale is one of my 3 favourites they do with Abbot's Gold (Cheddar with caramalised onions), Garsdale (Wensleydale with roasted garlic & chives)

I'm from Yorkshire what do you think? 😁

I've visited about 5 or 6 times, usually go around a couple of times. The chippy down the road to deep fried Wensleydale, gorgeous.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2022, 12:33:12 pm »

Carried this over from the other thread.

It's too much like actual cheese for the Yanks tastes.

umm. Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Gouda.
Gruyere.
Roquefort.
Feta.
Halloumi.
Ricotta.
Burrata.
Tulma.
Comte.
Edam.
Cotija.
Minas Frescal.
Cantal.

Stilton.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2022, 12:38:28 pm »
Bouche d’affinois
Manchego
Cashel Blue
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2022, 01:17:22 pm »
Manchego

Possibly my favourite cheese. Nutty and delicate. Great on a platter with slices of Serano and Chorizo, and fresh crusty bread.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2022, 02:06:31 pm »
There isn't a bad cheese. It's one of mankind's greatest achievements.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2022, 04:32:31 pm »

Fomunda cheese?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2022, 04:35:08 pm »

Cottage cheese? Never actually eaten it, just gives me the heebie jeebies looking at it.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2022, 04:43:54 pm »
Cottage cheese? Never actually eaten it, just gives me the heebie jeebies looking at it.

It actually tastes fine but if you've ever puked up milk it's very hard to go back.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2022, 06:18:56 pm »
American supermarket cheese.

The prosecution rests M’lud
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2022, 06:28:46 pm »
Whatever goes into Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps, followed by crumbly White Cheshire, lovely on toast. Simple Red Leicester on Crakers make a nice snack too.

Just looked through this thread, surprised their is no mention of 'the cheese sketch' on Monty Python.

Anybody clever enough to upload it please, I could do with a laugh today....cheers.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:39:30 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2022, 09:41:09 pm »
Definitely not sheeps cheese anyway. Bought some by mistake the other day in Aldi, and it was rank.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2022, 09:50:33 pm »
Definitely not sheeps cheese anyway. Bought some by mistake the other day in Aldi, and it was rank.
Goats Cheese too for me.. tried several times over the years..always Noooo....  ;D
Love my Vintage style cheddar.... got one from sainsburys a while back - Welsh Cheddar Slate Cavern aged, a smooth creamy deep taste... Lovely  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2022, 09:51:52 pm »
Yep, cows cheese only for me please.

Anything made from sheep or goats, anything blue, and any brie/camembert cheese can get in the bin. Everything else is lovely.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2022, 07:47:32 am »

Feta, halloumi, pecorino and manchego are all bloody amazing. Also, marinated goats cheese is sensational over sautéed mushrooms on toast with a poached egg on top.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2022, 05:14:15 pm »

My missus has no fondness for knob feta

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2022, 08:00:58 pm »
American supermarket cheese.

The prosecution rests M’lud

That isn't real cheese though. I mean real, non-human cheese.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2022, 08:13:16 pm »
Feta, halloumi, pecorino and manchego are all bloody amazing. Also, marinated goats cheese is sensational over sautéed mushrooms on toast with a poached egg on top.

Well this has made me look stupid. For some reason I never knew any of those were made from sheeps milk and I love them all.  ;D

I maintain that goats cheese is shite though.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2022, 04:01:44 am »
Stilton, and all blue cheeses, are tremendous. Some of the smoked cheeses, esp Bavarian, can be very nice. Some Feta can be heavenly; others not so much. Best Feta I ever had was in an Afghan restaurant. No idea how that came to pass.

Not that fond of the plasticky cheese slices etc or cheapo supermarket 'coloured cheese', and I don't really like cheese with bits of fruit or nuts or herbs etc in them.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #149 on: October 3, 2022, 06:12:17 pm »
Stilton, and all blue cheeses, are tremendous. Some of the smoked cheeses, esp Bavarian, can be very nice. Some Feta can be heavenly; others not so much. Best Feta I ever had was in an Afghan restaurant. No idea how that came to pass.

Not that fond of the plasticky cheese slices etc or cheapo supermarket 'coloured cheese', and I don't really like cheese with bits of fruit or nuts or herbs etc in them.

Blue and veiny cheeses are meant to be really bad for your health. That said, its fucking lovely isnt it. Also brie and camembert. I like Parmesan and Mozerella too, but im not a connoisseur in the area.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 4, 2022, 07:04:27 am »

Khyber?

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2023, 12:50:31 am »
Been getting a fair bit of Old Roan the last few months. Vegetarian cow's cheese, quite similar to comte but less nutty and with more of a tang on the aftertaste. Magnifique, absolutely lovely.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2023, 01:13:40 am »
Anyone said Aldi yet?

They do these ones in a sorta cellophane envelope that come in packs of 15. Theres a Cow on the cover. So ya know theyre genuine cheese slices. They taste like the smell of hot damp washing thats just come out the washing machine and been left on the side and not dried properly . But i ljust Love the way they stick to the roof of ya mouth when hot. Well worth a pound for 15 and not being able to talk normally for a week after an Cheese Omelette

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2023, 01:14:57 am »
Been getting a fair bit of Old Roan the last few months. Vegetarian cow's cheese, quite similar to comte but less nutty and with more of a tang on the aftertaste. Magnifique, absolutely lovely.

googled it.

...“There isn't a better cheese for cheese on toast,”

:lickin  sounds lovely

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/historic-british-cheese-making-long-awaited-comeback/

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2023, 11:20:51 am »
That smoked goats cheese on La Gomera takes some beating. It's absolutely divine with a bit of mojo ( pronounced  mocko ) on it .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2023, 11:22:55 am »
As a kid my Nan always has Cheshire cheese in the house. I still love it today.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2023, 12:27:07 am »
Anyone said Aldi yet?

They do these ones in a sorta cellophane envelope that come in packs of 15. Theres a Cow on the cover. So ya know theyre genuine cheese slices. They taste like the smell of hot damp washing thats just come out the washing machine and been left on the side and not dried properly . But i ljust Love the way they stick to the roof of ya mouth when hot. Well worth a pound for 15 and not being able to talk normally for a week after an Cheese Omelette

Aldi Australia get into a fair bit of trouble from the 'traditionalists' regarding their cheeses as they don't actually produce any. The other year they won about a third of the awards at the annual Royal Agricultural Society. They go and source direct from farmers the best possible products, guarantee a 'buy amount' and repackage into their own labels. I've got no problem getting access to a product that would normally be very neichy at a reasonable price. I'm pretty sure the farmers would be too upset being given a guaranteed market so they can up their production (obviously at a reduced margin).

Recently had the pleasure of tasting Brundu for the first time. It's 60% goat, 40% sheep milk. Nutty, sweet with a long finish. Bloody perfect with a glass of vermentino.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2023, 11:14:21 pm »
Halloumi 😊😋

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2023, 05:37:25 pm »
They all have their moment really

I don't have a favorite

Le Roulé is brilliant mind

Gouda often

Brie on some bread I whack in the air fryer

Whatever takes Worcestershire sauce really

But I will slice off a chunk of red Leicester at night and eat it in bed

As you can imagine, a stick is needed to beat em away

Me lass has an american friend online who makes grilled cheese sammiches by microwaving plastic slices on bread. Now that... was enlightening
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 05:39:28 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2023, 05:26:10 pm »
a good strong cheddar is my favourite general 'purpose' cheese

if having a cheese board, applewood smoked and roule are favourites

the best tasting cheese product i ever had was at a friend's and i have no idea what it was called, wish i'd got the name when we were still in contact

i know it was a soft white cheese infused with grand marnier and pieces of walnuts throughout, in the shape of a tube (iirc a bit smaller in diameter than a smarties tube, tho of similar length). was fucking amazing on the taste buds, would love to get that again but after 30 years or so i've never come across it

not a fan of brie but bacon/brie/cranberry sandwiches are pretty fucking special (which is kinda funny as i dont really like brie or cranberries...)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238