Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 607317 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6800 on: July 6, 2019, 12:16:41 pm »
Oh and AD has given up his trade kicker and the lakers use that space to give KCP another contract, lolz

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6801 on: July 6, 2019, 12:29:04 pm »

It’s a way round the rule that you can’t give consecutive picks, can work well with the nets and Boston one (although I think the nets got levert with a Boston pick swap) but barring Kawhi and PG getting injured and them missing out on the playoffs one year and some fluke where they get the top 4 pick it’s pretty much worthless

Ah thanks. Had not heard about it at all.

I loved some Paul George cause of his Pacers time and development but that's his second trade request in two years if I am not mistaken. Either he's a whiny bitch (so much for the 'I'm here to stay' last summer) or Westbrook is toxic. Or both.  ;D

Blow it up, OKC. trade the only superstar you've got and start from scratch.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6802 on: July 6, 2019, 12:34:44 pm »
Not sure what the Raps will do. Sans Leonard and Green the roster isn't good enough in my opinion, but Ujiri has had opportunities to blow it up in the past and didn't (thankfully). Decimating a defending champion isn't exactly the done thing either. I guess he'll look for a few low key pieces and see how the land lies next summer.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6803 on: July 6, 2019, 12:43:27 pm »
Ah thanks. Had not heard about it at all.

I loved some Paul George cause of his Pacers time and development but that's his second trade request in two years if I am not mistaken. Either he's a whiny bitch (so much for the 'I'm here to stay' last summer) or Westbrook is toxic. Or both.  ;D

Blow it up, OKC. trade the only superstar you've got and start from scratch.
i think he did want to give a legit go but realises it’s  not going to happen there so may as well get out now as he’s likely not going to get a better situation a few years down the line, so fair enough I guess, and okc did well out of it

Seen this from Bruce Arthur, basically the Paul George trade is why Kawhi is a clipper and not resigned with the raps, not a giant shock, looks like Masai is going to do a full rebuild getting rid of ibaka, gasol and (a bit sadly) Lowry, will be interesting to see who he can get for those as it looks like a rebuild around the likes of siakam, anunoby, vanvleet and use those three as offering cap relief to other teams, either he goes for young talent or some potential buy low vets (thinking Kevin love, Gordon Hayward, whos contract expires in 2021...), for a disgruntled star (Beal is the obvious one but they’d probably have to give up anunoby for him), one I did think of was someone like Capela who could be a decent piece, just please don’t go for Chris Paul, Wiggins or Westbrook (as much as I do like him)

https://t.co/9xpCANaEOR

And here is a fun trade I did earlier

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4l2dw98

Not sure what the Raps will do. Sans Leonard and Green the roster isn't good enough in my opinion, but Ujiri has had opportunities to blow it up in the past and didn't (thankfully). Decimating a defending champion isn't exactly the done thing either. I guess he'll look for a few low key pieces and see how the land lies next summer.
Of the remaining 6 from the main rotation Lowry is 33, gasol 35, ibaka is in his thirties so not totally crazy to blow it up trading those three, all expire next summer so have some value in a trade

And another fake trade that gets the raps back in eastern contention with flexibility for 2021 ;D

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y42hpw8y
« Last Edit: July 6, 2019, 12:48:44 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6804 on: July 6, 2019, 12:48:12 pm »
Lakers title still for me.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6805 on: July 6, 2019, 12:52:38 pm »
Lakers arent getting out of the west let alone winning the title

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6806 on: July 6, 2019, 01:10:23 pm »
Lakers title still for me.

Not enough depth/trade assets for me in a strong conference. You are also relying on the fitness of a player in decline (LeBron) and an injury prone superstar (Davis)

As for the Clippers picks, this can again go badly. Both George and Kawhi previously have had injury issues. The former can opt out of his current deal in two years and you have traded away a significant number of picks over the long-term. There is definitely a scenario where those picks end up being high. Most likely OKC package them in future deals

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6807 on: July 6, 2019, 01:13:58 pm »
Yeah, Clippers have mortgaged the house away. Not quite as bad as Brooklyn with Garnett and Pierce but if your team becomes utter shit you don't have the luxury of drafting your way out for a long time.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6808 on: July 6, 2019, 01:22:24 pm »
Lakers arent getting out of the west let alone winning the title
Before Lebron injury they were 4th.... they 100% getting out the West.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6809 on: July 6, 2019, 01:23:51 pm »
Not enough depth/trade assets for me in a strong conference. You are also relying on the fitness of a player in decline (LeBron) and an injury prone superstar (Davis)

As for the Clippers picks, this can again go badly. Both George and Kawhi previously have had injury issues. The former can opt out of his current deal in two years and you have traded away a significant number of picks over the long-term. There is definitely a scenario where those picks end up being high. Most likely OKC package them in future deals
Why is this a narrative? just look at stats its not backed up.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6810 on: July 6, 2019, 01:28:08 pm »
Before Lebron injury they were 4th.... they 100% getting out the West.

Irrelevant statistic. Considering for the first couple of months the Rockets were one of the worst teams in the West. They also had more depth last season than they do now. [They also had one of the easiest schedules in the West in that time frame]They'll need more than what they have now to get past the Clippers in the West. Defensively on the court Kawhi,George and Beverly, is a nightmare for anyone. They don't have anyone that could effectively shut down either George or Kawhi [especially], and that's not even including Williams off the bench.

Clippers made the playoffs last year without Kawhi or George, they're a capable side of winning games if one of them isn't playing. They got a talented group with Lou Williams as the 6th man. They'll be fine.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2019, 01:30:10 pm by deFacto »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6811 on: July 6, 2019, 01:29:41 pm »
Yeah, Clippers have mortgaged the house away. Not quite as bad as Brooklyn with Garnett and Pierce but if your team becomes utter shit you don't have the luxury of drafting your way out for a long time.

Clipprs have been irrelevant, no future picks would give them a better chance of success than what they have currently.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6812 on: July 6, 2019, 01:34:59 pm »
Irrelevant statistic. Considering for the first couple of months the Rockets were one of the worst teams in the West. They also had more depth last season than they do now. They'll need more than what they have now to get past the Clippers in the West. Defensively on the court Kawhi,George and Beverly, is a nightmare for anyone. They don't have anyone that could effectively shut down either George or Kawhi [especially], and that's not even including Williams off the bench.

Clippers made the playoffs last year without Kawhi or George, they're a capable side of winning games if one of them isn't playing. They got a talented group with Lou Williams as the 6th man. They'll be fine.
How is Stats irrelevant? he said he in decline he's not. But if he is then Is Kawhi ? as there stats a pretty dam close for most.

That's fair enough if you believe Clippers will beat them i can agree with most what he said. I just don't believe Lakers are anyway as bad as people make out.

But we will see how it all plays out i guess.

And for people sleeping on AD...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6813 on: July 6, 2019, 01:43:41 pm »
How is Stats irrelevant? he said he in decline he's not. But if he is then Is Kawhi ? as there stats a pretty dam close for most.

I am not the one who said Lebron was in decline. I was talking about him being 4th in the west before the injury. I pointed out why that it's irrelevant.

I just don't believe Lakers are anyway as bad as people make out

I am not saying they're bad, I just don't agree with the notion that they're favorites for the title, or guaranteed 100 percent to make it out the west as you claim.

More often than not, a deep quality bench is what gets you a title along with star power, it can't be one or the other other [in recent years]. You have some room for error if you have a scenario like Golden State where you have Curry,Durant Thompson on the court, but even so, you need some productivity of the bench.

Right now that's the main issue with the Lakers. They brought in Green, resigned KCP, and McGee. [don't get me started on Jared Dudley].

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6814 on: July 6, 2019, 01:47:55 pm »
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1147483613367361539?s=21

Well it hasn’t gone all well for doc today ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6815 on: July 6, 2019, 01:48:51 pm »
Why is this a narrative? just look at stats its not backed up.

He's logged over 55,000 minutes and had a nagging injury last sesson. It is fair to guess that he is now in a declining phase of his career and can't be expected to do everything.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6816 on: July 6, 2019, 01:52:39 pm »
yup, the two stars are roughly equal, maybe a slight edge to the lakers but after that the next four best are mostly clippers (Lou will, Beverly, Harrell and probably kuzma)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6817 on: July 6, 2019, 02:02:04 pm »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27131637/sources-fear-lakers-dynasty-drove-clips-deal

Had Presti been able to strike a deal for George with the Raptors -- and Leonard was willing to stay -- George was believed to be willing to join the Raptors too, sources said. Presti pursued a package of Russell Westbrook with George to the Raptors -- with the NBA's Most Improved Player, forward Pascal Siakam as the centerpiece of a deal -- and Ujiri balked, league sources said. Ujiri had delivered Leonard everything that he wanted in a franchise: Leadership and trust, championship talent and a medical partnership that preserved and prepared his body. What Ujiri couldn't give Leonard was out of his control: Geography, weather, and a chance to return to his Southern California roots.

So Westbrook is definitely gone then!

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #6818 on: July 6, 2019, 04:53:09 pm »
Kawhi killed a franchise without playing a single game

So Kawhi's resume on destroying teams is now:
Miami Heat
San Antonio Spurs
Golden State Warriors
Toronto Raptors(got them their chip though, so the gamble isn't all lost)
Oklahoma City(their hopes for a late post season run by finessing PG13 from them)
LA Lakers hopes and dreams

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6819 on: July 6, 2019, 04:54:33 pm »
In all this madness Knicks still getting the 8th seed in the West.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6820 on: July 6, 2019, 06:11:41 pm »
So what does this mean for the raptors?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6821 on: July 6, 2019, 07:15:41 pm »
#Giannis2021

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6822 on: July 6, 2019, 07:31:01 pm »
Shame Lakers got nothing left to trade for Westbrook haha.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6823 on: July 6, 2019, 07:41:28 pm »
They lost a superstar and Danny Green. They need to keep defensive identity and Siakam now has a chance to make himself a star/superstar player ( i think he will be locked for All Star this year) and make this his team. Maybe get some assets for Lowry and develope the young guys, i think Masai can still have some tricks in his pocket even after losing Kawhi. No need for tanking scenarios, their team is still a good play off team in the East, they will win 45-50 and make to 2nd round imo.

Masai wants Giannis in 2021 i think. He is very close to him and Toronto has huge Greek population as well so there is always a chance.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6824 on: July 6, 2019, 07:45:24 pm »
In all this madness Knicks still getting the 8th seed in the West.
Nah. 76ers, Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Raptors, Heat for Top 6 and Pistons-Hawks-Pacers-Magic for last 2 spots for me. I am pretty sure they will be tanking anyways.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6825 on: July 6, 2019, 07:49:26 pm »
Now that we are spoiled with lots of drama and some crazy signings, 2020 free agency looks like crap already.
AD already locked for Lakers.

Others are:

Draymond Green
Mike Conley
Andre Drummond
Gordon Hayward
Demar Derozan
Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Gallinari
Dragic

Here is top 30 of them:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-top-30-players-available-in-next-years-class-led-by-anthony-davis-draymond-green-kyle-lowry/

This time noone can prevent Knicks from signing top free agents: Jerami Grant and Jae Crowder. Their planes will be tracked ;)
« Last Edit: July 6, 2019, 08:02:52 pm by elsewhere »

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6826 on: July 6, 2019, 08:03:26 pm »
Nah. 76ers, Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Raptors, Heat for Top 6 and Pistons-Hawks-Pacers-Magic for last 2 spots for me. I am pretty sure they will be tanking anyways.

Why you think Knicks are tanking?

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6827 on: July 6, 2019, 08:04:27 pm »
Westbrook to Knicks, imagine.

All kidding aside it's too bad the Lakers pretty much gave up every asset they had to get AD otherwise Russ on that squad would be epic. UCLA kid comes home to play with Lebron, AD and Boogie across town from Kawhi and PG13, who just left Russ high & dry in OKC. Now that would be some must see TV.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6828 on: July 6, 2019, 08:08:09 pm »
Marcus Morris hinting at a move to the Lakers on twitter, that'd be a good pick up (says not the Lakers now). LeGM just signed Boogie too.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2019, 08:24:03 pm by DelTrotter »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6829 on: July 6, 2019, 08:20:52 pm »
By the way Paul George and Doc Rivers will look awkward, maybe

- Paul George dated Callie Rivers, daughter of Doc Rivers

- During that time he infamously cheated on her with a stripper from Miami and got her pregnant, Daniela Rajic

- George tried to pay Daniela off with $1 million into getting an abortion, instead she sues George

- Callie breaks up with George and he ends up going to Daniela and they are still together with a 2nd child

- Doc Rivers will now be coaching Paul George

https://www.ibtimes.com/who-callie-rivers-paul-george-cheats-girlfriend-allegedly-offers-stripper-daniela-1m-abort-baby

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6830 on: July 6, 2019, 08:25:18 pm »
Why you think Knicks are tanking?
Because they will win 25*30 games at most and develop the young kids, no point in being 10th seed in the East instead of bottom in their circumstances

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6831 on: July 6, 2019, 08:28:43 pm »
Boogie to Lakers on a 1 year 2.3M deal. Very low rish high reward for Lakers

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6832 on: July 6, 2019, 08:31:08 pm »
How much cap space will Lakers have after free agency? Is there any rumours were Westbrook is likely to go
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6833 on: July 6, 2019, 08:37:24 pm »
No rumours about where he will go but he is speaking with his agent about a potential trade.

Boogie, Rondo, Cook have all signed with the Lakers.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6834 on: July 6, 2019, 08:40:44 pm »
No rumours about where he will go but he is speaking with his agent about a potential trade.

Boogie, Rondo, Cook have all signed with the Lakers.

Lakers are almost 2017 Pelicans (Rondo AD Boogie) plus Lebron.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6835 on: July 6, 2019, 10:04:05 pm »
By the way Paul George and Doc Rivers will look awkward, maybe

- Paul George dated Callie Rivers, daughter of Doc Rivers

- During that time he infamously cheated on her with a stripper from Miami and got her pregnant, Daniela Rajic

- George tried to pay Daniela off with $1 million into getting an abortion, instead she sues George

- Callie breaks up with George and he ends up going to Daniela and they are still together with a 2nd child

- Doc Rivers will now be coaching Paul George

https://www.ibtimes.com/who-callie-rivers-paul-george-cheats-girlfriend-allegedly-offers-stripper-daniela-1m-abort-baby
good thing they didn’t bring in Seth Curry!

As for the rumoured raps Paul George trade, it was 4 unprotected picks, siakam and vanvleet, and that’s with no guarantee Kawhi comes back (although in reality there wasn’t a star for the clippers to get after George), so bearing in mind that they’d just won a title and are in a good position going forwards for future free agents as the run has shown how big the market it, quality front office who’s shown they can get a winner and good young pieces, still think a gasol for Hayward trade could be a brilliant one as Toronto’s staff could get Hayward up to speed and he only has two years left on his contract and gasol can be a solid replacement for horford

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6836 on: July 6, 2019, 10:46:31 pm »
What happened with Seth Curry [in regards to Rivers?]

Spurs sign Marcus Morris on a two year deal. Happy with that

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6837 on: July 6, 2019, 10:47:21 pm »
Because they will win 25*30 games at most and develop the young kids, no point in being 10th seed in the East instead of bottom in their circumstances

I think you might be surprised with the Knicks this season. After the trades we've done, we might just sneak into the playoffs! ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6838 on: July 6, 2019, 10:50:33 pm »
I think you might be surprised with the Knicks this season. After the trades we've done, we might just sneak into the playoffs! ;D

Kinda my thoughts too, let’s see what happens.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6839 on: July 6, 2019, 10:50:50 pm »
What happened with Seth Curry [in regards to Rivers?]
hes engaged to doc’s daughter

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1147607522037129218?s=21

;D