Author Topic: Season Ticket Waiting List  (Read 584160 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: Season Ticket Waiting List
« Reply #4120 on: June 6, 2023, 05:23:32 pm »
How many do you think? When is the closing date ?

They offered more seats than ST holders... the remaining ones will go to members

Will be a small number of returns and unsold

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4121 on: June 6, 2023, 07:20:33 pm »
They offered more seats than ST holders... the remaining ones will go to members

Will be a small number of returns and unsold

hi sorry if ive misunderstood your comment but what do you mean by offering out more seats than ST holders and members?

regarding the stwl if any of the 'new' 1k ST offered out are unsold wont that offer then go to person 1001 on the list, then 1002, 1003 etc etc until all 1k are taken up?

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #4122 on: June 6, 2023, 08:16:44 pm »
How many do you think? When is the closing date ?
Good couple of hundred, maybe more. Closing date tomorrow for original 1000 offered them.

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4123 on: June 6, 2023, 08:20:43 pm »
Good couple of hundred, maybe more. Closing date tomorrow for original 1000 offered them.

I just wonder if they made like 1200 seats available for 1000 people to choose from and the excess just goes back to the members sales.

Or if they made 1000 available and 200 people haven’t taken them up. Interesting to see how far the queue moves- probably won’t find out for a few more weeks

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #4124 on: June 6, 2023, 08:22:38 pm »
I just wonder if they made like 1200 seats available for 1000 people to choose from and the excess just goes back to the members sales.

Or if they made 1000 available and 200 people haven’t taken them up. Interesting to see how far the queue moves- probably won’t find out for a few more weeks

Maybe just me but I don’t notice a great dent in it from when I got mine last week when they first set the sale live.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #4125 on: June 7, 2023, 08:01:52 am »
Agree. I think people over-estimate how many out of the 1000 offered are going to be taken up. Although the list was cocked up at some point we’re still talking about lots of people who joined list in mid 1990s for many of those who have had an offer. That’s a long time ago and life can change significantly over time with many no longer going to match, no longer in contact etc.  If they do further offer of STs I’d bet it could easily drop to those who were about 1500 on list, if not further. Or they’ll put those left into the member sales.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4126 on: June 7, 2023, 10:46:18 am »
Looks like there's lots of season tickets not been taken up still. Unless people are leaving it to last minute (unlikely now), a few more on the list should get opportunity.

where do you see the available season tickets on the site. Its blank when I click Season Ticket.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4127 on: June 7, 2023, 11:21:44 am »
Agree. I think people over-estimate how many out of the 1000 offered are going to be taken up. Although the list was cocked up at some point we’re still talking about lots of people who joined list in mid 1990s for many of those who have had an offer. That’s a long time ago and life can change significantly over time with many no longer going to match, no longer in contact etc.  If they do further offer of STs I’d bet it could easily drop to those who were about 1500 on list, if not further. Or they’ll put those left into the member sales.

Surely if they've said there will be 1,000 new STs they have to drop down the list until they're full? I'm a member so would benefit from more tickets for members but I'm also on the STWL and would be fuming if I was that close and they didn't hand out the full 1k.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4128 on: June 7, 2023, 01:47:10 pm »
Surely if they've said there will be 1,000 new STs they have to drop down the list until they're full? I'm a member so would benefit from more tickets for members but I'm also on the STWL and would be fuming if I was that close and they didn't hand out the full 1k.

100% agree with this!

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4129 on: June 7, 2023, 05:37:35 pm »
I'm around number 1210 on the list, I'm hoping for a miracle, but am realistic that if I don't get one this season, i might next year.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4130 on: June 8, 2023, 11:53:31 am »
So, I may or may not have one.

When FSG bought the club, there was some issue whereby I got pushed way down the list but my Grandad retained his position. He was in the hundreds last year, I was in the 5000s.

He has been offered a season ticket this year. He lives in West Wales and his health isn’t what it once was, so he doesn’t want to go alone. He is happy for me to take the ticket though. Is there a way the club would transfer the ticket to me or he purchase and I be able to reliably use it for all the games at all?

Not sure on the realities of this and the ethics of it. By all rights, we were originally on the list one space apart, but got separated by thousands through no fault of our own.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4131 on: June 8, 2023, 12:54:26 pm »
hi sorry if ive misunderstood your comment but what do you mean by offering out more seats than ST holders and members?

regarding the stwl if any of the 'new' 1k ST offered out are unsold wont that offer then go to person 1001 on the list, then 1002, 1003 etc etc until all 1k are taken up?

I meant this - they made 1200/1300/1400 however many seats available to choose from, for the 1000 people

Once the 1000 seats are gone, whether thats to the top 1000 or thye drop it down till sold out (lets say 1100) then the rest will go back into the members pot

Still be 1000 new STH, just gave them a choice of where to sit rather than a block of 1000 seats together. means no ones stuck in a block they dont want or not sat with their mates etc

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4132 on: June 8, 2023, 01:59:45 pm »
I meant this - they made 1200/1300/1400 however many seats available to choose from, for the 1000 people

Once the 1000 seats are gone, whether thats to the top 1000 or thye drop it down till sold out (lets say 1100) then the rest will go back into the members pot

Still be 1000 new STH, just gave them a choice of where to sit rather than a block of 1000 seats together. means no ones stuck in a block they dont want or not sat with their mates etc

ah yeah i see what you mean now. thanks

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #4133 on: June 8, 2023, 03:20:19 pm »
So, I may or may not have one.

When FSG bought the club, there was some issue whereby I got pushed way down the list but my Grandad retained his position. He was in the hundreds last year, I was in the 5000s.

He has been offered a season ticket this year. He lives in West Wales and his health isn’t what it once was, so he doesn’t want to go alone. He is happy for me to take the ticket though. Is there a way the club would transfer the ticket to me or he purchase and I be able to reliably use it for all the games at all?

Not sure on the realities of this and the ethics of it. By all rights, we were originally on the list one space apart, but got separated by thousands through no fault of our own.

I wouldn't tell the club as there's a decent possibility they'll say no. I've only heard of them allowing a transfer when a family member dies and apparently they're stopping that.

Sort out the admin for your grandad, set up a new email address, and just put the address as your own. The ticket is yours. There's no way the club will know. If you ever get sorted, give his back.

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #4134 on: June 8, 2023, 03:28:18 pm »
I wouldn't tell the club as there's a decent possibility they'll say no. I've only heard of them allowing a transfer when a family member dies and apparently they're stopping that.

Sort out the admin for your grandad, set up a new email address, and just put the address as your own. The ticket is yours. There's no way the club will know. If you ever get sorted, give his back.

The stand out issue here is the word "Granddad" which may mean the ST will be a concession one.

so when you walk in every week, there is a chance you could get pulled.

That is unless you F & F the ticket to you every game, but later down the line the club may get wise to this.

*just saying

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #4135 on: June 8, 2023, 03:31:10 pm »
The stand out issue here is the word "Granddad" which may mean the ST will be a concession one.

That is unless you F & F the ticket to you every game, but later down the line the club may get wise to this.

*just saying
On that last comment, it will be interesting to see if they change the limits of transfers from ST for the coming season as last year was a free-for-all but no guarantee that applies again this season
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4136 on: June 8, 2023, 03:40:19 pm »
On that last comment, it will be interesting to see if they change the limits of transfers from ST for the coming season as last year was a free-for-all but no guarantee that applies again this season

I have friends who go every game on STs that are transferred on a weekly basis. God knows why they didn't get them transferred during the amnesty.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #4137 on: June 8, 2023, 04:39:00 pm »
My dad got offered one and befire he took it, he had to do the fan update thing to prove it was him.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Kozmapolitan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4138 on: June 8, 2023, 04:59:33 pm »

*just saying

It's very, very low risk though. As others have pointed out, you actually see touts going up to the turnstiles with phones, buzzing people in and then walking away - right in front of the stewards, who see this and are fully aware of what is going on and do nothing. So you'd be very, very unlucky to get stopped for some random ID check. Worst case you just refuse and walk away for that match or just mill about and go to another turnstile. You can also make sure you go in during a very busy period near to kick off when much less inclined to be checking people. Unless we get to the stage of biometrics, people can just put their tickets on burner phones and be fine. The clubs can't realistically do ID checks on a large number of fans at the moment as they'd stop the flow of fans into the ground and cause absolute chaos. So all this talk of restrictions on passing tickets on etc. is just wishful thinking at the moment. I also don't see what the incentive is for the club do that - it would be a huge issue to tackle causing loads of issues and no real gain (certainly not financial) to them.

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #4139 on: June 8, 2023, 05:21:39 pm »
It's very, very low risk though. As others have pointed out, you actually see touts going up to the turnstiles with phones, buzzing people in and then walking away - right in front of the stewards, who see this and are fully aware of what is going on and do nothing. So you'd be very, very unlucky to get stopped for some random ID check. Worst case you just refuse and walk away for that match or just mill about and go to another turnstile. You can also make sure you go in during a very busy period near to kick off when much less inclined to be checking people. Unless we get to the stage of biometrics, people can just put their tickets on burner phones and be fine. The clubs can't realistically do ID checks on a large number of fans at the moment as they'd stop the flow of fans into the ground and cause absolute chaos. So all this talk of restrictions on passing tickets on etc. is just wishful thinking at the moment. I also don't see what the incentive is for the club do that - it would be a huge issue to tackle causing loads of issues and no real gain (certainly not financial) to them.

Your are both correct and incorrect above.

Yes the SCUMBAGS (TOUTS) continue to operate, regardless of what LFC, UEFA etc do Touting will never go away hence you are correct.

I'm not sure how many games you go to.
but in the Kop and most other stands behind the turnstiles they have stewards that have a specific task to perform (well 2) to look out for bunking in and the abuse of concessions.

with that they have a lighting system above the inside of the turnstile which shows 2  (or 3) colours of lights, one being an Adult user the other being a concession (Child/youth or OAP ?)

there's no getting away from this as people get pulled for almost every game.
then run the risk of losing the membership of the ST
hence you are incorrect here.

Every game, the ticket office has huge queues outside prior to Kick Off, guess why its not just NFC issues.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4140 on: June 8, 2023, 05:44:33 pm »
Thanks for the input from everyone who has answered. Obviously having been on the waiting list for over 20 years (taking my Grandad from 55 to 78 in the process of waiting) I don’t want to pass up the opportunity of a ticket. I’m not looking to scam the club out of money for the concession, I’m more than happy to pay full price but appreciate that this might not be the case given my Grandad’s age and he’d likely automatically be allocated a concession-priced ticket.

I just want to be able to go the game, no mither or risk. If he F+F’d the ticket to me each game, would there be an additional to pay due to it being a concession or any issues there on?

I just want to find a way I personally can use what will be his ticket without any hassle that means I actually get to watch the games.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline pallemus

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4141 on: June 8, 2023, 06:40:15 pm »
I’m not sure,but I think last day to buy the offered seasonticket was June 7 so if you haven’t it might be to late.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4142 on: June 8, 2023, 08:04:16 pm »
I’m not sure,but I think last day to buy the offered seasonticket was June 7 so if you haven’t it might be to late.
Didn’t even get the email until this morning. It says log in from 12th June and I’ve think we’ve 19th to pull the trigger before we lose it.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #4143 on: June 8, 2023, 09:12:05 pm »
Didn’t even get the email until this morning. It says log in from 12th June and I’ve think we’ve 19th to pull the trigger before we lose it.

Out of interest where was your Grandad on the list? I'm guessing you're in the next batch?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: June 8, 2023, 09:18:29 pm »
Out of interest where was your Grandad on the list? I'm guessing you're in the next batch?
He was in the top 1000 for sure. I’m high 4000s.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #4145 on: June 8, 2023, 09:22:54 pm »
He was in the top 1000 for sure. I’m high 4000s.

I'm around the 1200 mark, looks like i'll just miss out this season

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4146 on: June 9, 2023, 10:29:37 am »
Thanks for the input from everyone who has answered. Obviously having been on the waiting list for over 20 years (taking my Grandad from 55 to 78 in the process of waiting) I don’t want to pass up the opportunity of a ticket. I’m not looking to scam the club out of money for the concession, I’m more than happy to pay full price but appreciate that this might not be the case given my Grandad’s age and he’d likely automatically be allocated a concession-priced ticket.

I just want to be able to go the game, no mither or risk. If he F+F’d the ticket to me each game, would there be an additional to pay due to it being a concession or any issues there on?

I just want to find a way I personally can use what will be his ticket without any hassle that means I actually get to watch the games.

You can just buy the ticket as your grandad. Then use his email and password to log into his account on your phone, and you can download the NFC season ticket onto your phone.
You can then just use the ticket for every game as if it’s your own.
The only small risk as people have mentioned is it being a pensioners ticket and the light does flash a different colour at the turnstile. But I did this for five seasons until quite recently using a pensioners ticket (in my mid 30s) and never once got pulled.
It does happen to people, but never happened once to me, so is a small risk in my opinion for having a season ticket. Particularly when it sounds like you should be getting offered one yourself anyway.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: June 9, 2023, 10:45:14 am »
You can just buy the ticket as your grandad. Then use his email and password to log into his account on your phone, and you can download the NFC season ticket onto your phone.
You can then just use the ticket for every game as if it’s your own.
The only small risk as people have mentioned is it being a pensioners ticket and the light does flash a different colour at the turnstile. But I did this for five seasons until quite recently using a pensioners ticket (in my mid 30s) and never once got pulled.
It does happen to people, but never happened once to me, so is a small risk in my opinion for having a season ticket. Particularly when it sounds like you should be getting offered one yourself anyway.
Interesting, cheers. To be fair I spoke to the club this morning and whilst I appreciate they couldn’t do anything about my waiting list position, they also weren’t willing to swap me and my Grandad even though he has written consenting to this.

What they did say is that we should be fine to buy the ticket in his name and him just pass it to me via the friends and family method of our linked accounts for every game should he want. So I may just do that if it eliminates the risk, but it does sound like you’ve had complete success with the above.

Pain in the arse just to watch your team, 23 years on the waiting list!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4148 on: June 9, 2023, 11:33:46 am »
Interesting, cheers. To be fair I spoke to the club this morning and whilst I appreciate they couldn’t do anything about my waiting list position, they also weren’t willing to swap me and my Grandad even though he has written consenting to this.

What they did say is that we should be fine to buy the ticket in his name and him just pass it to me via the friends and family method of our linked accounts for every game should he want. So I may just do that if it eliminates the risk, but it does sound like you’ve had complete success with the above.

Pain in the arse just to watch your team, 23 years on the waiting list!

Ridiculous really, especially as they are basically condoning a STH (and a new one at that) handing over the seat for the whole season! I guess it answers the question as to whether STHs will be told they have to attend a certain number of games, like members do.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4149 on: June 9, 2023, 12:32:55 pm »
Guy got given a ST in fan update, had one on the waiting list...

Live chat told him to buy the new one anyway, so now has two seasies in one name

:butt

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4150 on: June 9, 2023, 12:39:37 pm »
How will he provide ID for the new one? I thought you could only have one per person? Won't they twig he already has one?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: June 9, 2023, 12:53:49 pm »
How will he provide ID for the new one? I thought you could only have one per person? Won't they twig he already has one?

Not sure what he did ID wise, but it allowed him to buy it after he asked Live chat what to do?
Was hoping it could be transferred like those who had their name down for 2 or 3 could choose who got the others

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4152 on: June 9, 2023, 01:49:09 pm »
I've just got off a live chat with LFC, I was number 1210 on the list, they told me 'all offers for the upcoming season have been sent out', I would see my updated position towards the start of the season , and it would update once all the season tickets offered had been purchased.
She offered me zero hope I might get lucky this year when I asked, so Im not that optimistic for this year.

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4153 on: June 9, 2023, 01:55:20 pm »
A mate of mine knows someone who has finally got one after being on the waiting list for 20 years or so.

Great seats in the lower Main Stand he says. Absolutely buzzing about it too apparently. However, he’s now in the process of setting up all his friends and family on his account as he ‘won’t be able to go much’ due to him having a holiday home in Wales.

Fantastic.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4154 on: June 9, 2023, 02:29:58 pm »
Guy got given a ST in fan update, had one on the waiting list...

Live chat told him to buy the new one anyway, so now has two seasies in one name

:butt

That explains why we saw little movement in the list after the fan update then, they didn't bother removing people.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #4155 on: June 9, 2023, 04:39:41 pm »
That explains why we saw little movement in the list after the fan update then, they didn't bother removing people.

Its BS.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: June 9, 2023, 05:28:15 pm »
A mate of mine knows someone who has finally got one after being on the waiting list for 20 years or so.

Great seats in the lower Main Stand he says. Absolutely buzzing about it too apparently. However, he’s now in the process of setting up all his friends and family on his account as he ‘won’t be able to go much’ due to him having a holiday home in Wales.

Fantastic.
How does he know where his seats are? The email we’ve had suggests we can purchase it from this Monday the 12th up until the 19th. We’ve not been allocated a seat or advised where this might be. I thought it would be like other ticket sales and you go in and get option on a very limited number of seats.

I've just got off a live chat with LFC, I was number 1210 on the list, they told me 'all offers for the upcoming season have been sent out', I would see my updated position towards the start of the season , and it would update once all the season tickets offered had been purchased.
She offered me zero hope I might get lucky this year when I asked, so Im not that optimistic for this year.
That’s gutting mate. Next season for sure. For context, I checked my Grandad’s position, he was 1019 and he got the call.

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #4157 on: June 9, 2023, 08:40:25 pm »
Friends and family means no one is releasing tickets. Just look at the examples mentioned above.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4158 on: June 9, 2023, 09:35:17 pm »
Its BS.

Categorically not, I've got the email of the chat log

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4159 on: June 10, 2023, 11:16:59 am »
Friends and family means no one is releasing tickets. Just look at the examples mentioned above.
There is some ethical issues with it.

Personally, in my situation, I don’t feel bad. We were next to each other on the waiting list and I got shunted back through the club’s poor management and through no fault of my own. I was 7 years old in February 2000 when we put ourselves on the waiting list. I didn’t think I’d be 30 before the chance came around. Equally, in that time, my Grandad has become an old man and the effort given the distance he lives now (lived in L18 until his retirement, now in mid-Wales) does make it difficult for him to claim something we’ve both waited for.

There needs to be complete reform of the ticketing - albeit in somewhat hypocritical in being happy to get a season ticket now - because good fans are missing out. I myself have been subject to the frustrations of membership ballots for a long time, sometimes only managing 3/4 games a season.