Author Topic: FAN CARDS discontinued  (Read 15303 times)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Re: FAN CARDS discontinued
« Reply #80 on: July 4, 2019, 03:26:12 pm »
thing is I do not want it....If I did I would buy it....like you did....it was your call to upgrade....you weren't forced

I was a PTS member, so to keep credits to purchase I was forced to join the scheme.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: July 4, 2019, 03:27:27 pm »
I'm confused as to why fancard holders just want their fancards and not memberships (apart from the cost)

Do they not want to go to home league games?

Surely fancard holders knew this day would come, that eventually they would have to pay for the privilege of buying tickets like everyone else.

When I upgraded my fancard to a membership when they first came out I was certain fancards would be scrapped then, surprised it's taken this long.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #82 on: July 4, 2019, 03:43:35 pm »
I used my fancard to buy Euro Aways last year but no homes. Three of us in the same boat. None of us have had an email.

ive got mates who have never updated their original fan cards to memberships and got tickets on them from 2018-19 and no e-mail from club, yet.

another mate updated his original fan card to a membership in 2012 but has never renewed since, he got tickets from 2018-19 and got the e-mail from the club.

meybe only original fan cards that have been updated since to some sort of membership are getting the mail from the club ?

have you ever updated your fan card to a membership ?

YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #83 on: July 4, 2019, 03:52:51 pm »
ive got mates who have never updated their original fan cards to memberships and got tickets on them from 2018-19 and no e-mail from club, yet.

another mate updated his original fan card to a membership in 2012 but has never renewed since, he got tickets from 2018-19 and got the e-mail from the club.

meybe only original fan cards that have been updated since to some sort of membership are getting the mail from the club ?

have you ever updated your fan card to a membership ?

YNWA

Yeah - for one year. When Basel away dropped to members but not fancard holders. I bought a membership so I could buy a ticket for that specific game. Not renewed since.
Long live the King

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
Re: Fan Cards scrapped for new season
« Reply #84 on: July 5, 2019, 10:05:32 am »
Has anyone actually had the email? I haven’t.

I've just spoken to them, they haven't sent out all the emails yet for some reason.

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: July 5, 2019, 10:12:22 am »
Does anyone know how this will affect local general sales? Mate has got one and has a customer number so assumed this was a ‘fancard’, but he just didn’t get an actual card. No email yet tho.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Fan Cards scrapped for new season
« Reply #86 on: July 5, 2019, 10:30:54 am »
I've just spoken to them, they haven't sent out all the emails yet for some reason.
What a shit show from the club as per usual. How about instead of finding out bits of information from others they just release a statement on the official site so that everyone will know...its really not that difficult  ::)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #87 on: July 5, 2019, 11:19:17 am »
Does anyone know how this will affect local general sales? Mate has got one and has a customer number so assumed this was a ‘fancard’, but he just didn’t get an actual card. No email yet tho.

that's just a basic registration, not a fan card as such, this season you can record loyalty against it but only use that loyalty if you have a membership
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 5, 2019, 09:03:45 pm »
Contact the help on weds and this is the response love how they give a link to the echo article rather than anything official

Dear Nicky

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club.

The Club are discounting the Fan Card scheme and moving to the Membership route, all previuos holders who have purchase a ticket on the account last season will receive an e mail with a unique code to redeem online for a complimentary Light Membership for season 19/20/

Details can be located via :- Click Here

Thank you for your continued support. 

Kind regards

Carol

Fan Services
Liverpool Football Club

Web:
help.liverpoolfc.com
Tel:
0151 264 2500
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #89 on: July 6, 2019, 09:00:28 am »
Members card fine, keep track of who's in which seat etc. No problem. Renew annually? Why?

27 quid though?! For one piece of card and a name in a database. that's the rip off

Like Alan said above the £27 fee covers the booking fees that the club discontinued when they introduced the members scheme. There's a lot of people who buy memberships just to feel part of the club, especially overseas, and there are a few who join it and only go to a few matches per season so obviously it doesn't work out for them. There really aren't 100,000 people trying to access tickets in the bulk sale and there's 1000s who go to 10+ matches a season who are essentially paying their booking fees up front.

You're right in one way though, why charge? The club could just do it for a free and bang a £7.50 booking fee onto each ticket like other selling sites like Ticketmaster do, I'm sure that would please you?

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #90 on: July 6, 2019, 11:28:59 am »
Like Alan said above the £27 fee covers the booking fees that the club discontinued when they introduced the members scheme. There's a lot of people who buy memberships just to feel part of the club, especially overseas, and there are a few who join it and only go to a few matches per season so obviously it doesn't work out for them. There really aren't 100,000 people trying to access tickets in the bulk sale and there's 1000s who go to 10+ matches a season who are essentially paying their booking fees up front.

You're right in one way though, why charge? The club could just do it for a free and bang a £7.50 booking fee onto each ticket like other selling sites like Ticketmaster do, I'm sure that would please you?

Ticketmaster can handle a good amount of people/robots using their site though, LFC can’t.

They keep promising to sort it all out and it doesn’t actually get sorted.

I think people are being extremely negative on active Fancard holders here. I’m a member but I know I’m  paying yearly to keep my loyalty, you’ve made a good point about the booking fee but the reality is not everyone is  guaranteed tickets. I know people aren’t paying for the guarantee but it still doesn’t make it right.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 6, 2019, 11:40:41 am »
So if you have (or had!) a fan card did you pay a booking fee per ticket? If so, how much? Any that you don't pay for a booking fee for?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 6, 2019, 11:54:41 am »
So if you have (or had!) a fan card did you pay a booking fee per ticket? If so, how much? Any that you don't pay for a booking fee for?

I remember when I had a fancard it was £2.50 per ticket booking fee.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #93 on: July 6, 2019, 12:06:21 pm »
I remember when I had a fancard it was £2.50 per ticket booking fee.

It was initially removed for members but maintained for fancards. I’d be happy to bring that back and pay a processing fee for each ticket. Rather than £27 to use the league cup away credits I’ve got, when we might not get a league cup away game.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 6, 2019, 12:08:24 pm »
It was initially removed for members but maintained for fancards. I’d be happy to bring that back and pay a processing fee for each ticket. Rather than £27 to use the league cup away credits I’ve got, when we might not get a league cup away game.

Well yes, course you would.

But I had home league credits on my fancard and then had to start paying £27 a year for a membership.

It was always going to happen.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #95 on: July 6, 2019, 02:45:22 pm »
Well yes, course you would.

But I had home league credits on my fancard and then had to start paying £27 a year for a membership.

It was always going to happen.

But you defo get to use them each season. Different with cup away credits.
Long live the King

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #96 on: July 8, 2019, 08:37:51 am »
nuts really, to keep my loyalty I'm having to pay £27 every year for the rest of my match going life

that being said, its worth it for the ACS
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #97 on: July 9, 2019, 01:08:31 pm »
Got this from the club:

"Further to my previous e-mail, I have received a response from management, who have advised me that as you had Memberships in 2016 and 2017 on these accounts you would not be eligible for this offer." (Offer being getting membership free for 2019/20).
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #98 on: July 9, 2019, 05:13:26 pm »
Got this from the club:

"Further to my previous e-mail, I have received a response from management, who have advised me that as you had Memberships in 2016 and 2017 on these accounts you would not be eligible for this offer." (Offer being getting membership free for 2019/20).

So you had a fancard, then a membership, then went back to fancard?

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2019, 12:07:19 pm »
Got this from the club:

Thanks for that. I've had a fancard, which then I turned into a membership for a long time but recently I didn't renew so assumed it defaulted back to a fancard. But looks like it didn't as I never got an email.

I've just bought a light membership now to preserve my purchase history for Cup competitions

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2019, 09:53:46 pm »
So i’m Confused by this

I had a fan card which I upgraded to membership for a few seasons, did not renew so I assume it just defaulted back to a fan card.

I’ve been using that to buy my away tickets now for years.

I’ve not recieved anything from the club about this, do I have to contact them and upgrade to membership again to keep my loyalty ?

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2019, 10:54:42 pm »
Yes mate you need to upgrade your fan card back to membership in order to keep your purchase history

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2019, 12:13:24 pm »
ITs great communication again by the TO! So us fancards who became members who then became lapsed members would have lost all our cup, Euro and league away loyalty.

Thank God for this thread - good job we have each other at least!!!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2019, 12:20:38 pm »
My Dad has a fancard but I haven't bought a game on it for him since 2012. He hasn't got an email about anything. I presume the account will just disappear. Be nice to have been told that officially though!

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2019, 12:26:43 pm »
Is there an e-mail or phone number that you can use to get in contact with the club over this?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2019, 01:31:21 pm »
Is there an e-mail or phone number that you can use to get in contact with the club over this?

contactus@liverpoolfc.com
Long live the King

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:56 pm »
ITs great communication again by the TO! So us fancards who became members who then became lapsed members would have lost all our cup, Euro and league away loyalty.

Thank God for this thread - good job we have each other at least!!!
No mate, I'm in the same boat. You don't have to get a membership this season to retain purchase history. Mine's all still there - though I only use it for league Cup aways now.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2019, 08:39:07 am »
No mate, I'm in the same boat. You don't have to get a membership this season to retain purchase history. Mine's all still there - though I only use it for league Cup aways now.

You do need to get a membership mate.

You may still see the credits, but there won't be any sales to fancard holders.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2019, 09:48:33 am »
there are no sales for fan cards for Wembley and a fan card could have the required credits for those sales if LFC opened them up to them.

fan cards could buy a Super Cup ticket though !

might have to wait for the first PL away game to see how fan cards are going to be treated in the future by LFC - YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2019, 10:56:01 am »
there are no sales for fan cards for Wembley and a fan card could have the required credits for those sales if LFC opened them up to them.

fan cards could buy a Super Cup ticket though !

might have to wait for the first PL away game to see how fan cards are going to be treated in the future by LFC - YNWA

Fancards and their credits will no longer exist if you don't buy the membership now.

That's the whole point of this thread.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2019, 11:01:51 am »
Fancards and their credits will no longer exist if you don't buy the membership now.

That's the whole point of this thread.

When you say now - do you believe that if you miss a set window - you won't be able to convert the fancard to a membership at a later date? In the future, if a membership lapses, do all records just disappear and a new membership is needed if you want to sign up the following year?

My league cup away credits are on a fancard. If we draw someone away in the league cup, I might begrudgingly upgrade to a membership to access those credits. But I don't want to pay for a membership now when we might not get an away league cup draw this year.

If I'd received a link to do it for free I might. But confusion reigns and some indicators are that you won't get a link to do it for free if that fancard was a membership years ago (which mine was).
Long live the King

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2019, 11:29:11 am »
Just noticed a new section on the how to buy tickets page:

"I am not a 'Season Ticket Holder or Member'... How can I buy tickets for?

Premier League Home Games:

After sales to Members, subject to availability a limited number of tickets will go on a Local General sale, approximately 1 week before the game. Full details and dates of sale will be announced here for each game.
Availability will be advertised on our website before the sale
Tickets can be purchased online only

Premier League Away Games:

Tickets usually sell out to Season Ticket Holders and Members
Should any tickets remain after the above sales; tickets will be made available for general sale.
For ticketing availability please visit our website

Cup Competitions:

Tickets for home and away Cup games are made available initially to Season Ticket Holders and Members only and are subject to specific selling arrangements which will be advertised on our website and in the local press the Liverpool Echo as soon as possible after each draw has taken place. If a general sale is to take place, this will be advertised on our website."

Kind of suggests that non-season ticket holders or members will only be able to buy in a general sale.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2019, 11:59:03 am »
Well yes, obviously. Because fancard sales are no more.

However, unless we sack Klopp and re-appoint Hodgson, no game will ever go to general sale.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2019, 12:09:43 pm »
Just noticed a new section on the how to buy tickets page:

"I am not a 'Season Ticket Holder or Member'... How can I buy tickets for?

Premier League Home Games:

After sales to Members, subject to availability a limited number of tickets will go on a Local General sale, approximately 1 week before the game. Full details and dates of sale will be announced here for each game.
Availability will be advertised on our website before the sale
Tickets can be purchased online only

Premier League Away Games:

Tickets usually sell out to Season Ticket Holders and Members
Should any tickets remain after the above sales; tickets will be made available for general sale.
For ticketing availability please visit our website

Cup Competitions:

Tickets for home and away Cup games are made available initially to Season Ticket Holders and Members only and are subject to specific selling arrangements which will be advertised on our website and in the local press the Liverpool Echo as soon as possible after each draw has taken place. If a general sale is to take place, this will be advertised on our website."

Kind of suggests that non-season ticket holders or members will only be able to buy in a general sale.
Last year I wrote an article to this effect here and sent it to Peter Moore and the club - https://www.foarsite.com/2018/09/guide-to-lfc-tickets/

Also sent them the updated version that is here and is also hosted by RedMenTV - https://www.foarsite.com/2019/07/how-to-get-liverpool-tickets-season-2019-20-a-handy-guide/
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2019, 12:21:30 pm »
Yeah its still there but its useless now without a membership with no fancard sales happening.

So for example Southampton Away goes on sale, if you are not a member you cant purchase a ticket based on your purchase history.

Pointless having a purchase history unless you can use it.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2019, 12:29:53 pm »
Last year I wrote an article to this effect here and sent it to Peter Moore and the club - https://www.foarsite.com/2018/09/guide-to-lfc-tickets/

Also sent them the updated version that is here and is also hosted by RedMenTV - https://www.foarsite.com/2019/07/how-to-get-liverpool-tickets-season-2019-20-a-handy-guide/

That doesn’t really cover the situation myself and lots of others are in. Away credits on fancards, which now seemingly can’t be used - but no clear or official communication from the club about this.

In fact, your article suggests we’d continue to be able to use our away credits.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:40:04 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2019, 12:43:15 pm »
That doesn’t really cover the situation myself and lots of others are in. Away credits on fancards, which now seemingly can’t be used - but no clear or official communication from the club about this.

In fact, your article suggests we’d continue to be able to use our away credits.

It's been pretty clear as far as I'm aware. The Fancard Scheme is being discontinued and will no longer be given a place in the sales process so unless you have a season ticket or a membership with the appropriate credits you won't be able to purchase. If you don't upgrade to a membership you won't be able to purchase despite having a fancard with credits, which means you'll lose them if you don't use them.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2019, 12:44:52 pm »

This is just a guide into getting them and does open with - "The minimum requirement to attend matches at face value is to hold an official membership"

And I was more referring to the fact I created a guide and sent it to the club and now they've basically created their own in less detail
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2019, 12:49:07 pm »
When you say now - do you believe that if you miss a set window - you won't be able to convert the fancard to a membership at a later date? In the future, if a membership lapses, do all records just disappear and a new membership is needed if you want to sign up the following year?

My league cup away credits are on a fancard. If we draw someone away in the league cup, I might begrudgingly upgrade to a membership to access those credits. But I don't want to pay for a membership now when we might not get an away league cup draw this year.

If I'd received a link to do it for free I might. But confusion reigns and some indicators are that you won't get a link to do it for free if that fancard was a membership years ago (which mine was).

I see what you mean now mate. If I was in that situation, I'd just be getting the membership, as I'd hate to risk losing a history of credits. But I fully agree, there's needs to be clarity.

It's been pretty clear as far as I'm aware. The Fancard Scheme is being discontinued and will no longer be given a place in the sales process so unless you have a season ticket or a membership with the appropriate credits you won't be able to purchase. If you don't upgrade to a membership you won't be able to purchase despite having a fancard with credits, which means you'll lose them if you don't use them.

He means that, what if we don't get a League Cup away tie for another four years. When it comes around, can he just update his fancard to a membership at that point, or will all his history be lost if he doesn't do it this season?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2019, 12:51:39 pm »

You say it’s pretty clear. But there has been no official comms from the club. Some people have emails some don’t. There are plenty of unanswered questions.
Long live the King