Author Topic: FAN CARDS discontinued  (Read 15482 times)

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
Re: Fan Cards scrapped for new season
« Reply #40 on: July 3, 2019, 05:24:19 pm »
Got a season ticket now but my league cup away credits are on my old fancard. As are Euro away credits that have been used by mates for years. This is a pain.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 05:27:18 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: July 3, 2019, 05:27:48 pm »
Got a season ticket now but my league cup away credits are on my old fancard. As are Euro away credits that have been used by mates for years. This is a pain.

Surely your fancard credits were transferred onto your season ticket?

You can't have a season ticket and a membership

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #42 on: July 3, 2019, 05:37:27 pm »
Surely your fancard credits were transferred onto your season ticket?

You can't have a season ticket and a membership

I asked at the time and they said no. I asked again before Basel away in 2014 because it went on sale to season tickets with one credit (which I had on me fancard). I explained the situation and asked them to transfer but they wouldn’t. Game ended up dropping anyway. Next Euro away was Real Madrid so I got that on me season ticket to start building it up and a mate has used the fancard ever since (which is allowed as you can give mates names when buying).

Re not being allowed a season ticket and membership, I thought that was the case. I’ve not had the described email so don’t know if they’ll be contacting me separately cos I’ve got a ST. Hopefully they can transfer my league cup away credits to me, and the Euro aways to lad who has been using it.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 05:55:44 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 3, 2019, 05:42:40 pm »
Don’t see why they cant transfer, especially now with fancards being scrapped, your loyalty has to go somewhere and they cant make you have a membership on top of a season ticket, surely.

Maybe its something to do with your customer no. being the reason they cant transfer easily?

When I got my membership my fancard no. transfered over but I’m assuming your season ticket no. is different to your fancard no

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #44 on: July 3, 2019, 05:52:49 pm »
Don’t see why they cant transfer, especially now with fancards being scrapped, your loyalty has to go somewhere and they cant make you have a membership on top of a season ticket, surely.

Maybe its something to do with your customer no. being the reason they cant transfer easily?

When I got my membership my fancard no. transfered over but I’m assuming your season ticket no. is different to your fancard no

Yeah. Different number. Name change from a mate back when they allowed you to do that.
Long live the King

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
Re: FAN CARDS discontinued
« Reply #45 on: July 3, 2019, 06:05:54 pm »

Sad to see. Haven't received an email from them yet.

The club quietly stopped selling tickets to us Fan Card Holders for Champions League matches (to us fans with the required loyalty) after the Group Stages in 2017/18 (Spartak was the last game, I think?)

When I wrote them and asked why all I got back was a lazily compiled reply of lies, mistakes and bullshit - no truthful reason given.

No acknowledgement of it being 'the only card you'll ever need' either.

'We Are Liverpool. This Means Costs More.' / Belong / Turning Supporters Into Customers - whatever the fake and insincere tagline spiel is these days. I suppose 'Give us more of your money for nothing - or we'll find people who will and fuck you off.' hasn't the quite the same ring to it?

i got a paper ticket for Red Star 2018-19 at Anfield and all the away games last season in the CL on a fan card, Red Star got me a final ticket - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #46 on: July 3, 2019, 06:06:53 pm »

Yeah so if you hadn't renewed your membership this season does that mean there going to give it you for free now?
Yes you will be sent a unique code to get this seasons membership for free but from the season after that, 2020/21, you will have to pay the yearly membership fee.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: July 3, 2019, 06:40:29 pm »
Are there many still on fan cards?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #48 on: July 3, 2019, 06:43:40 pm »
Are there many still on fan cards?
Echo article says very few left

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #49 on: July 3, 2019, 06:55:21 pm »
Echo article says very few left

I doubt that’s true. Every single person who ever had a fancard and isn’t currently a member is a fancard holder.

Very few (vague) is just club spin cos it’s preferable to saying we’re asking 100,000 people to pay for a membership now if they ever want access to tickets.
Long live the King

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 3, 2019, 08:15:35 pm »
I doubt that’s true. Every single person who ever had a fancard and isn’t currently a member is a fancard holder.

Very few (vague) is just club spin cos it’s preferable to saying we’re asking 100,000 people to pay for a membership now if they ever want access to tickets.

I think it means active. In the email sent to upgrade it states "as you have purchased last season" or similar.
The Echo says it is for games at Anfield. Not explicit if you need to upgrade if you just use it for aways

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #51 on: July 3, 2019, 08:18:41 pm »
I have a fancard with all domestic away credits that I use because it's linked to my account, but I doubt I'll be able to transfer it over to a membership given I can't access the e-mail the card is registered to. Nightmare.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #52 on: July 3, 2019, 08:26:53 pm »
I think it means active. In the email sent to upgrade it states "as you have purchased last season" or similar.
The Echo says it is for games at Anfield. Not explicit if you need to upgrade if you just use it for aways

That makes  more sense.

Re aways - nothing in the quotes from the club email suggests Anfield only. Looks like that’s just echo narrative.

But once again shite communication from the club leaving everyone with questions.
Long live the King

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #53 on: July 3, 2019, 09:16:47 pm »
FC was meant to be a permanent membership ( super-light if you like) to allow people to buy tickets and record their credits electronically. Previously ticket stubs had to be sent to Ticket Office  as a proof of attendance and were sent back to us once "hole-punched"

I never wanted the additional benefits of store discounts etc... FC was a perfect solution for fans and should have been respected. Membership was introduced so the new entries are charged and to justify that the so-called other benefits were implemented....10% discount is to fuel even more cash going in

some people will use it only to buy tickets and keep credit history. i am pretty sure there is a significant number of people still having FC which turns out to be a decent potential profit....otherwise why discontinue it?

Greed I say....

You may be right and it’s ‘just greed’. I don’t know all the facts and I’m just playing devils advocate.

Before I call them greedy c*nts I’d like to know how many fan cards there are and what’s the annual administration cost per member/FC holder.

A lot of the outrage is based on the assumption that administrating memberships/ticket sales is a zero cost operation. Every ticket I buy on line includes some form of booking charge. If you’re a ‘loyal’ supporter going to enough home games to be in the first sale the booking fee per ticket is around £2.00 or so.

It’s true that if you only go to one or two games the ‘booking charge’ is very high. But if you’re only going to one or two games a season then go for the games that go to general sale and bin membership.

I used to be a fan card holder and changed over to membership a few years back. The number of games I go to varies but until a few years back i could get a few tickets if I picked and chose which games to go to. Since 13/14 the number of glory hunters has increased massively. At least having to pay for membership restricts the number of people in the second round of members sales.

I’m a part time match goer and my marginal cost per ticket is higher than the lads who go to 14+ or every game home and away. Explain how me paying more for a ticket than some one who goes every week is targeting ‘loyal’ supporters.

The modern world is shit. We all know that. I pay a fortune for an iPhone that hadn’t been invented when I got my fan card. A phone call in a phone box cost me? I don’t even remember, but now I have a data plan to pay for so I can type this in a pub while I’m waiting for my train.

Maybe you’re right. The club are struggling to get money in so they’ve focused their energy on stiffing a small number of fan card holders to balance the budget.

Or maybe it’s just a pain in the arse to administer a card that was discontinued eleven years ago under Hicks and Gillett.

I think there are bigger fish to fry.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 09:25:02 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #54 on: July 3, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »
They’ll discontinue the European Travel Club cards next...

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #55 on: July 3, 2019, 11:07:15 pm »
10,000 a game go to members don’t they?

Sorry yes, 5,000 to those with pre reqs and 5,000 to others.

So 95,000 fans without pre reqs? For 95,000 tickets. And this was a few years ago before we were fucking class. Point remains, it's a rip off.

« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 11:10:10 pm by Jake »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 3, 2019, 11:25:11 pm »

So 95,000 fans without pre reqs? For 95,000 tickets. And this was a few years ago before we were fucking class. Point remains, it's a rip off.

There has never been 95000 fans trying to get tickets in the sales

This was the free for all in November

according to the blog, 14,000 in the queue

I'll sear h for July. It's not too much different as far as I remember.

Edit, that was the 4+ sale. The free for all was 30,000

30,000 waiting in the queue according to the blog.

Bet it was about a third of that when we were 7th every year.

Fuck off.

So 30,000 sessions. Take into account multiple devices and browsers, definitely less than 25,000 actual people, and even that is being generous.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 11:34:46 pm by Barneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 3, 2019, 11:26:13 pm »

What do other clubs do?

As for the promise that it was “for life”, it wasn’t the current ownership and, thus, executives that made that promise.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #58 on: July 3, 2019, 11:29:40 pm »
What do other clubs do?

As for the promise that it was “for life”, it wasn’t the current ownership and, thus, executives that made that promise.
They have Memberships, just like we do. The lot of them. Norwich even have an away Membership scheme I read the other day too.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline lar311

• Boys Pen
« Reply #59 on: July 4, 2019, 09:53:45 am »
You may be right and it’s ‘just greed’. I don’t know all the facts and I’m just playing devils advocate.

Before I call them greedy c*nts I’d like to know how many fan cards there are and what’s the annual administration cost per member/FC holder.

A lot of the outrage is based on the assumption that administrating memberships/ticket sales is a zero cost operation. Every ticket I buy on line includes some form of booking charge. If you’re a ‘loyal’ supporter going to enough home games to be in the first sale the booking fee per ticket is around £2.00 or so.

It’s true that if you only go to one or two games the ‘booking charge’ is very high. But if you’re only going to one or two games a season then go for the games that go to general sale and bin membership.

I used to be a fan card holder and changed over to membership a few years back. The number of games I go to varies but until a few years back i could get a few tickets if I picked and chose which games to go to. Since 13/14 the number of glory hunters has increased massively. At least having to pay for membership restricts the number of people in the second round of members sales.

I’m a part time match goer and my marginal cost per ticket is higher than the lads who go to 14+ or every game home and away. Explain how me paying more for a ticket than some one who goes every week is targeting ‘loyal’ supporters.

The modern world is shit. We all know that. I pay a fortune for an iPhone that hadn’t been invented when I got my fan card. A phone call in a phone box cost me? I don’t even remember, but now I have a data plan to pay for so I can type this in a pub while I’m waiting for my train.

Maybe you’re right. The club are struggling to get money in so they’ve focused their energy on stiffing a small number of fan card holders to balance the budget.

Or maybe it’s just a pain in the arse to administer a card that was discontinued eleven years ago under Hicks and Gillett.

I think there are bigger fish to fry.

I mainly use it for European Aways so when we were out of Europe for like 2-3 years I did not really get to use it.

Anyway...if there is a small number of FC in operation then why not respect the promise and migrate these over to Membership for free?

Matter of principle
« Last Edit: July 4, 2019, 09:58:25 am by lar311 »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #60 on: July 4, 2019, 10:40:56 am »
They have Memberships, just like we do. The lot of them. Norwich even have an away Membership scheme I read the other day too.

Members card fine, keep track of who's in which seat etc. No problem. Renew annually? Why?

27 quid though?! For one piece of card and a name in a database. that's the rip off
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 4, 2019, 11:34:05 am »
I have a fancard with all domestic away credits that I use because it's linked to my account, but I doubt I'll be able to transfer it over to a membership given I can't access the e-mail the card is registered to. Nightmare.

Can you not login and change the email?

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: July 4, 2019, 11:38:59 am »
That makes  more sense.

Re aways - nothing in the quotes from the club email suggests Anfield only. Looks like that’s just echo narrative.

But once again shite communication from the club leaving everyone with questions.

It's aways aswell, i rang yesterday and fan card holders won't be in the selling details next season.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #63 on: July 4, 2019, 11:43:54 am »
It's aways aswell, i rang yesterday and fan card holders won't be in the selling details next season.

It’s pure money making then. Could understand them wanting to male Anfield card access only to help combat touts. But aways are ticketed.
Long live the King

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 4, 2019, 11:48:37 am »
Members card fine, keep track of who's in which seat etc. No problem. Renew annually? Why?

27 quid though?! For one piece of card and a name in a database. that's the rip off

Yeh, but you get to "Belong" and be part of a "super duper massive family" (but only if you pay £27 a year).

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65 on: July 4, 2019, 11:56:17 am »
Wonder how that will affect things such as the local general sale?

As far as I understand, everyone who is not a member, has a 'fancard' which might just be a number.

Similarly for the charity games. Are they saying they will no longer sell to anyone who is not a member, or will those be treated separately?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 4, 2019, 12:00:25 pm »
Wonder how that will affect things such as the local general sale?

As far as I understand, everyone who is not a member, has a 'fancard' which might just be a number.

Similarly for the charity games. Are they saying they will no longer sell to anyone who is not a member, or will those be treated separately?

You don't need fancards or a customer number for general sales do you?

Just trying to remember back to my fancard days.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #67 on: July 4, 2019, 12:15:29 pm »
Anyone who has a fan card should have been sent the details by email. It's a free transfer onto membership light for the 2019/2020 season. Obviously if you want to keep going you will need to purchase the membership from 2020/2021.

I'm resistant to this, but I was an idiot not getting membership back in the day as I have always struggled for home games at Anfield as they never dropped to fan cards anyway (European, FA Cup). So as a result I missed out on the final in Madrid. So now the issue is forced and if I want to go I will eventually need to pay for a membership. Hopefully I can start getting European homes again if I meet the loyalty criteria. This has probably put me out of my misery. You also get to keep your same fan card number.

Yes agree with others, the only card you will ever need has now been scrapped.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #68 on: July 4, 2019, 12:42:53 pm »
Has anyone actually had the email? I haven’t.
Long live the King

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 4, 2019, 12:46:44 pm »

Me either only know of one person. I've sent a email via the contact page
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #70 on: July 4, 2019, 12:50:24 pm »

Nope. Could it have been sent only to people the club know were actually using their fancard to buy tickets?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: July 4, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »
Dear
Fan Card No:

As part of streamlining our processes and systems to provide the best possible service to supporters, from the 2019/20 season the Club will no longer operate the Fan Card Scheme. There is only a very small number of Fan Cards in circulation and it is no longer a sustainable process that we can continue to facilitate. Fan Cards will therefore no longer be able to be used to purchase tickets.

As a supporter who may have used their Fan Card to purchase tickets in the 2018/19 season, you are invited to join the Club’s Official Light Membership for free for the 2019/20 season. When you join, your ticket purchase history will then be transferred from your Fan Card onto your Membership Card. Your Customer Number will remain the same.

LFC Official Membership offers fans priority access to tickets together with opportunity to join the Auto-Cup Scheme and access to late availability ticket sales. LFC Official Members also receive a host of other benefits such as access to a Members Only area online, retail discount, a quarterly digital magazine and opportunity to enter competitions for once-in-a-lifetime prizes.

To redeem free Light Membership and transfer your purchase history, follow the simple instructions below. If you want to access the July Ticket Sale please redeem by 14th July 2019. When prompted, please enter the code: . This code is unique to you and can only be used once until 1st April 2020.
Visit www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/join
Enter your customer number and password and select ‘Continue’ and complete your details as instructed.
Select ‘LIGHT MEMBERSHIP’ and enter your unique voucher code and click ‘Complete Purchase’.
Once you have completed the process your Membership will be active immediately. You will receive your new Membership card within 21 days.

Your Light Membership is valid until end of May 2020. You will then be able to purchase Membership for the 2020/21 season and your purchase history will be retained. If you wish for your Membership to be renewed automatically at the end of the 2019/20 season please tick auto renew and enter payment details during the registration process.

Remember, you need to redeem your free light Membership by 14th July 2019 in order to access the July Members Ticket Sale.

Thank you for your continued support.

Liverpool Football Club

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #72 on: July 4, 2019, 01:18:23 pm »
Nope. Could it have been sent only to people the club know were actually using their fancard to buy tickets?

I used my fancard to buy Euro Aways last year but no homes. Three of us in the same boat. None of us have had an email.
Long live the King

Offline Yorkshire Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #73 on: July 4, 2019, 01:35:58 pm »
No email here either.

Offline lar311

• Boys Pen
« Reply #74 on: July 4, 2019, 02:23:37 pm »
.....or...if you have not changed/updated your email since FC days.....you will not receive it...it will be sent to the old email...

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #75 on: July 4, 2019, 02:27:11 pm »

Let us know what they say.
Long live the King

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #76 on: July 4, 2019, 02:47:16 pm »
I mainly use it for European Aways so when we were out of Europe for like 2-3 years I did not really get to use it.

Anyway...if there is a small number of FC in operation then why not respect the promise and migrate these over to Membership for free?

Matter of principle

If they did that then we would all want our memberships for free.  Quite a lot of us changed from fancards, back when the membership first came in.  If they allowed yours for free, then we would all want a refund for the last 10 years or so.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 4, 2019, 02:49:46 pm »
If they did that then we would all want our memberships for free.  Quite a lot of us changed from fancards, back when the membership first came in.  If they allowed yours for free, then we would all want a refund for the last 10 years or so.

Yep.

Offline lar311

• Boys Pen
« Reply #78 on: July 4, 2019, 03:09:53 pm »
thing is I do not want it....If I did I would buy it....like you did....it was your call to upgrade....you weren't forced

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79 on: July 4, 2019, 03:24:51 pm »
thing is I do not want it....If I did I would buy it....like you did....it was  call to upgrade....you weren't forced

Then don't buy it?