Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 165655 times)

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2018, 06:52:43 pm »
My vouchers expire April 1st mate if you're interested.

Yeah mate. Normally new customers but most have managed to get around it by registering in the name of someone else in the house.

You get sports, box sets, cinema, full entertainment package.

Cheers mate. I'll be moving into a new place probably second weekend of April so looks like i'd just miss out on this. Do get these codes often?
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: April 24, 2018, 12:44:05 pm »
It’s that time of year again. Have given 30 days’ notice as they were not playing ball on the phone. Got 60% off last yr.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: June 7, 2018, 12:24:16 am »
Got some more vouchers for £40 Sky all-in if anyone wants one. They expire in a a few weeks so it's a shame to waste them.

Hey mate, I'd be interested if they are still available?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: June 7, 2018, 05:04:47 pm »
So my Sky contract has expired but I still have offers on my account until Nov so can't sign up to a new deal ???

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #484 on: June 7, 2018, 05:34:47 pm »
So my Sky contract has expired but I still have offers on my account until Nov so can't sign up to a new deal ???

Use someone else's name in the house to sign up.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: June 7, 2018, 05:54:30 pm »
Use someone else's name in the house to sign up.
And its a months notice to cancel my "offers".

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: August 18, 2018, 06:26:14 pm »
Our contract is up soon, but we're also going to be upgrading the telly to a 4K one so looking at who's got the better content, sky or virgin.

I know you get BT in 4K on virgin, so CL, but there's only one channel so do they just show one game? are their PL games all on there? what about boxing?

On sky, it's through the red button and not a channel but is it all sports and movies, or only some?

anyone have any idea if Sky's 4K stuff is coming to virgin?

Googling this stuff have proven pretty fruitless, old articles and both of them don't really say much on their websites, particularly VM which makes me suspicious.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #487 on: August 18, 2018, 06:30:25 pm »
Can't answer your actual question, but if you like a movie or two an Apple 4k box is an excellent way to get content on the cheap(after the initial investment).

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: August 18, 2018, 07:47:43 pm »
This telly upgrade began because i wanted to get the PS4 Pro! I have an apple tv that I use veryyyy rarely, don't think I'll get away with that upgrade ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: August 18, 2018, 07:52:49 pm »
Our contract is up soon, but we're also going to be upgrading the telly to a 4K one so looking at who's got the better content, sky or virgin.

I know you get BT in 4K on virgin, so CL, but there's only one channel so do they just show one game? are their PL games all on there? what about boxing?

On sky, it's through the red button and not a channel but is it all sports and movies, or only some?

anyone have any idea if Sky's 4K stuff is coming to virgin?

Googling this stuff have proven pretty fruitless, old articles and both of them don't really say much on their websites, particularly VM which makes me suspicious.

All of BTs 1st 8 fixtures are 4k.

Bottom of the page
http://sport.bt.com/football/premier-league-tv-fixtures-bt-sport-reveals-august-and-september-batch-for-201819-season-S11364281765579
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2019, 12:32:13 pm »
My Sky Q contract is up next month and I want to cancel as the deal I'm on isn't very good and will go up by £30 a month once the contract ends.

Only problem is that I've checked with Virgin and they're not available in my area so I basically don't have any other options in terms of switching. It's bloody frustrating cos Virgin have some cracking deals on atm as well.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should do that would be great. Should I just threaten to cancel sky and hope they come up with a better deal?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2019, 01:13:02 pm »
Can put it in someone else’s name in the house and get new customer deals.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2019, 01:41:39 pm »
I've nearly always paid less than any new customer offers with Sky, even if you factor in stuff like Quicdo etc, and there's no Virgin Media in my area either. I just tell them I can't justify the cost any more. I'm paying £45 a month for a package that's £70 as a new customer

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2019, 01:49:31 pm »
I've nearly always paid less than any new customer offers with Sky, even if you factor in stuff like Quicdo etc, and there's no Virgin Media in my area either. I just tell them I can't justify the cost any more. I'm paying £45 a month for a package that's £70 as a new customer

Ive tried this about 3 times and each time they’ve allowed me to cancel (which I’ve done) and not come back to me with deals anywhere near what you can get as a new customer.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2019, 01:53:32 pm »
Can put it in someone else’s name in the house and get new customer deals.

Yeah I guess, not got many great deals on even for new customers though

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »
Well, after an hour on the phone to sky they eventually offered me the same TV package but with much better broadband for the same price as I'm paying now.

Took three different operators to get that offer though.  ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2019, 10:50:37 am »
Ive tried this about 3 times and each time they’ve allowed me to cancel (which I’ve done) and not come back to me with deals anywhere near what you can get as a new customer.

You're obviously not very convincing! A tactic for getting the price down is to ask how much it'd be without films or whatever and they start actually seeing what they can do, after that I always mention that BT is free on Virgin and you get blah blah blah (+ whatever I asked them to see how much it'd be without) for whatever price Virgin's offer is and that includes much faster internet.

I don't have internet or phone with them so then I can take that price off and then see what they say.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:52:37 am by Claire. »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #497 on: March 1, 2019, 11:32:02 am »
My contract with Sky is up soon and just wondering if anyone knows of any deals at the moment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #498 on: March 1, 2019, 12:43:54 pm »
My contract with Sky is up soon and just wondering if anyone knows of any deals at the moment.

I'm sort of in the same position myself, my contract has ended, albeit they have carried on my "deal" price so just not sure if I could do much better if I haggled again.

Currently on Sky Q package with the 2GB main box and one extra room for all TV excl Movies (no phone or BB) for £51 a month

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2019, 02:34:17 pm »
My eldest who's five has sussed out how to use the microphone on the Sky Q remote.

I'll be watching something on tv and she'll come in from watching cartoons in the other room, pick the remote up and say cartoons and it automatically switches to the Cartoon Network, she think it's hilarious. :butt

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 10, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »
I do that ;D and it _is_ hilarious.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #502 on: May 10, 2019, 02:36:09 pm »
My eldest who's five has sussed out how to use the microphone on the Sky Q remote.

I'll be watching something on tv and she'll come in from watching cartoons in the other room, pick the remote up and say cartoons and it automatically switches to the Cartoon Network, she think it's hilarious. :butt

Get the paper and circle all the adverts for boarding schools and leave it out for her to find.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: June 10, 2019, 04:03:16 pm »
I spoke to Sky about upgrading to Sky Q 2TB from my Sky+ HD. They're quoting £125 one off installation fee and an extra £13 per month. Has anyone had any better offers for Sky Q recently or any success in haggling them down on the installation fee?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:31 pm »
It's £20 for new customer with a £79 discount so I'm not sure where they're pulling your £125 figure from.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #505 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:59 pm »
It's £20 for new customer with a £79 discount so I'm not sure where they're pulling your £125 figure from.

From the Sky 'Lets fuck over existing customers' Handbook

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: June 11, 2019, 12:00:16 pm »
Give me a PM. I'll get you a staff discount code which usually greases the wheels when you call up as an existing customer.
Wish I'd known this! I've just renewed after threatening to leave! I now get the entertainment package and sports for £27/month which I think is reasonable?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: June 11, 2019, 12:36:00 pm »
Wish I'd known this! I've just renewed after threatening to leave! I now get the entertainment package and sports for £27/month which I think is reasonable?

Sounds good I get everything exc broadband for £53 entertainment , movies , box sets , sports all on sky q multi room
Got the first 18 months for £36 then they wanted to put it up to something daft but once on the phone went to £53 for 18 months

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:51 pm »
Give me a PM. I'll get you a staff discount code which usually greases the wheels when you call up as an existing customer.

What kind of discounts can you get?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: June 11, 2019, 01:14:57 pm »
I’m existing customer, I’m on a fairly good deal as it is I think? I’ve got Sky Q 1TB, all the sports, movies, kids, box sets, HD etc and that’s £48 a month.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2019, 02:07:18 pm »
My Sky deal is coming to the end and I have the following for £36.50 a month.  Due to increase to £76 next month  :o

TV £36.50
Sky Entertainment Including discounts £17.00
Sky Box Sets Including discounts £1.00
Sky Kids Including discounts £1.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack Including discounts £14.50
Sky HD Including discounts £1.00
Sky Sports HD Including discounts £2.00
Sky+ Subscription FREE

Are there any discounts out there at the minute, or is it a case of ringing up 20 times until they match your current deal again?  Not that fussed about Sky Q and multiroom etc, happy to keep the package I have, ideally get it cheaper if possible!

Thanks

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: June 12, 2019, 01:36:27 pm »
I’m existing customer, I’m on a fairly good deal as it is I think? I’ve got Sky Q 1TB, all the sports, movies, kids, box sets, HD etc and that’s £48 a month.
That's the deal we have,

Was paying £59 a month previously and that was without movies, called them up threatening to join Virgin or BT, made them lower the monthly bill and they also threw in the movie package as well.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2019, 10:36:07 am »
I'm thinking about joining Sky for the new season, Moving house and the internet is poor so trying to avoid streaming. Not interested in movies or anything just the football and probably internet. What sort of price would I be looking at? I looked on their website and seemed rather high, Is it best to call them rather than doing it online?  :wave

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2019, 10:38:06 am »
You’d be better off finding a way to get faster internet and streaming if you only want football - Sky ain’t cheap and you’d still not get the BT games unless pay a fortune for that too.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2019, 10:42:11 am »
You’d be better off finding a way to get faster internet and streaming if you only want football - Sky ain’t cheap and you’d still not get the BT games unless pay a fortune for that too.

It's a really poor area for internet for some reason, Saying that I'm not due to move till the new year so hoping something changes before I move in. To go from a 1GIG hyperoptic connection to bloody 12 meg on talk talk will be a killer.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2019, 07:11:00 pm »
It's a really poor area for internet for some reason, Saying that I'm not due to move till the new year so hoping something changes before I move in. To go from a 1GIG hyperoptic connection to bloody 12 meg on talk talk will be a killer.

12mb is more than enough to stream HD iptv.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: June 21, 2019, 11:14:09 am »
Anyone got any friends and family voucher codes?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: June 21, 2019, 02:03:37 pm »
I’d love to upgrade to 2TB for 4K but it’s a con with the installation and monthly cost.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: June 21, 2019, 02:14:42 pm »
I’d love to upgrade to 2TB for 4K but it’s a con with the installation and monthly cost.

I didn't pay any installation costs for ours.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: June 21, 2019, 04:23:34 pm »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:33:28 pm by Mark Walters »
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez