Author Topic: Porto (A)  (Read 95299 times)

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Re: Porto (A)
« Reply #120 on: January 9, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »
Booked 06.00 from Heathrow via Lisbon on 13th returns same way at 17.30 on 15th. Anyone else on these?

We're flying into Lisbon on 13th Chris. Different flight. Are you having a night in Lisbon or going straight up to Porto?

We get in at tea so stopping in Lisbon then flying up in the morning.
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: January 9, 2018, 06:35:45 pm »
Taking the piss now to release the info!

:no

Agreed the other two clubs that are playing away first had there details sorted before christmas
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #122 on: January 9, 2018, 06:53:33 pm »
Waiting on allocation/credits before I book my flights, really would love to get this information now, taking the p :no ss

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 9, 2018, 07:35:45 pm »
Only doing one night for this one... Travel time for me is long.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #124 on: January 9, 2018, 07:49:53 pm »
Waiting on allocation/credits before I book my flights, really would love to get this information now, taking the p :no ss
Same here, wish they'd get on with it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #125 on: January 9, 2018, 08:25:17 pm »
We're flying into Lisbon on 13th Chris. Different flight. Are you having a night in Lisbon or going straight up to Porto?

We get in at tea so stopping in Lisbon then flying up in the morning.

Going straight up to Porto Steve. Got 1.5 hrs connection in Lisbon

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: January 9, 2018, 08:45:25 pm »
Going straight up to Porto Steve. Got 1.5 hrs connection in Lisbon

Ok mate. I might see you in Porto then. Last couple of times I've been there we were all sat out around a few bars by the river. It's a good atmosphere if the weather is decent.
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2018, 02:11:08 pm »
Fair play to the Mancs for this:

Manchester United will charge Sevilla fans £89 to attend the Champions League last-16 tie at Old Trafford on 13 March in response to the Spanish club's "unfair and excessive" ticket pricing.

United say they will use the proceeds to subsidise fans attending the first leg in Spain on 21 February.

The La Liga side are asking for £35 more than they took from Liverpool fans in the group stages in November.

Sevilla are not breaching Uefa rules and are charging their own fans more.

United said they had taken the decision as "a deterrent to future opponents who look to increase ticket prices for our travelling supporters".

United fans will be refunded £35 before their trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, with any additional money donated to the Manchester United Foundation.

In response to complaints from ticket holders, United outlined their stance in a letter, which was issued on Wednesday.

It read: "In this instance we believe that our travelling supporters are unfairly being subjected to increased/excessive ticket prices from the host club.

"Ultimately Sevilla have not agreed to significantly lower the price to what we view as a reasonable level.

"Therefore, we have taken the difficult decision to charge Sevilla fans the same amount as our fans have been charged for the away fixture."

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2018, 02:28:06 pm »

Manchester United will charge Sevilla fans £89 to attend the Champions League last-16 tie at Old Trafford on 13 March in response to the Spanish club's "unfair and excessive" ticket pricing.

United say they will use the proceeds to subsidise fans attending the first leg in Spain on 21 February.

The La Liga side are asking for £35 more than they took from Liverpool fans in the group stages in November.

United said they had taken the decision as "a deterrent to future opponents who look to increase ticket prices for our travelling supporters".

United fans will be refunded £35 before their trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, with any additional money donated to the Manchester United Foundation.

In response to complaints from ticket holders, United outlined their stance in a letter, which was issued on Wednesday.

It read: "In this instance we believe that our travelling supporters are unfairly being subjected to increased/excessive ticket prices from the host club.

"Ultimately Sevilla have not agreed to significantly lower the price to what we view as a reasonable level.

"Therefore, we have taken the difficult decision to charge Sevilla fans the same amount as our fans have been charged for the away fixture."

:wellin

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2018, 05:00:01 pm »
Isn't there a rule where you can't charge away fans more than you're charging home fans in the equivalent positions ? Or am I making that up

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2018, 05:03:25 pm »
Isn't there a rule where you can't charge away fans more than you're charging home fans in the equivalent positions ? Or am I making that up

i thought the same as you to be fair

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2018, 05:23:07 pm »
Taking the piss now to release the info!

What makes it worse is that Spurs announced theirs on 20th December, 2099 allocation and tickets @ £40 each. Man United have already done theirs as well (they play a week after we do). No idea about Man City.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:26:13 pm by ABJ »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2018, 05:23:59 pm »
I assume that that only applies in the UK, it seems like the clubs can do what they want in Europe.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2018, 05:40:27 pm »
The rule about not being able to charge away fans more than home fans seems to have disappeared from UEFA's rules.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2018, 06:32:03 pm »
What makes it worse is that Spurs announced theirs on 20th December, 2099 allocation and tickets @ £40 each. Man United have already done theirs as well (they play a week after we do). No idea about Man City.

Are they playing Porto as well?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2018, 06:51:34 pm »
Are they playing Porto as well?
Not as far as i’m aware but maybe I’d better check.

My point is that this isn’t a one off, we are notoriously slow in announcing selling details for Euro aways compared to other clubs regardless of the opposition. It doesn’t affect me personally as i’ll get a ticket anyway but they’ll be plenty that won’t book until they know if they are guaranteed a ticket or not so the longer they leave it, the higher the flight prices will be.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2018, 07:00:17 pm »
The flight prices were restrictive to anyone who didn't book within 3 days. It's a complete non-reason. Does anyone wait to find out if they have a ticket before they book? Surely if they do that they almost certainly won't get a ticket anyway?

Or just book the flight, go anyway, and have a lovely time in Portugal.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:02:18 pm by Hightown Phil »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2018, 07:14:16 pm »
The flight prices were restrictive to anyone who didn't book within 3 days. It's a complete non-reason. Does anyone wait to find out if they have a ticket before they book? Surely if they do that they almost certainly won't get a ticket anyway?

Or just book the flight, go anyway, and have a lovely time in Portugal.
Personally, I’d go anyway regardless of if I’d get a ticket or not but I know of others who wouldn’t go unless they were guaranteed a ticket.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2018, 07:23:56 pm »
We've booked flights from Lisbon to Porto, only cost £20ish each
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:20 pm »

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2018, 07:47:09 pm »
It’s not like the club gives a fuck about there customers anyway.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:13 pm »

Be interesting to see how spanish police treat utd fans after this especially after our troubles over there.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2018, 08:32:58 pm »
Anyone doing this?

Considering doing either the day trip or the one nighter depending on what time I can get off work, used them for Sevilla and they were sound.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2018, 09:01:40 pm »
Considering doing either the day trip or the one nighter depending on what time I can get off work, used them for Sevilla and they were sound.

Considering the one day trip the one nighter is sold out.....

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2018, 11:12:42 pm »
Considering the one day trip the one nighter is sold out.....
Ah didn't realise that, day trip is is then!

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2018, 07:52:40 am »
Anyone doing this?

We're doing the one nighter in the 4*, think you can still ring to check availability for the one night stay.

Have used them before and they've been fine, pricey but fine.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2018, 11:22:55 am »
Ryanair now flying out of lpl on morning of the match returning following day early evening
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2018, 12:07:32 pm »
Was gonna check for any news on the site, but it looks like its down..
Hopefully someone that was gonna add the ticket news and fucked up big time  ;D

Offline lewisfvv

• Kemlynite
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2018, 01:37:42 pm »
From what ive heard the corporates have been offered their tickets and we will be told any moment now!

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2018, 02:05:27 pm »
From what ive heard the corporates have been offered their tickets and we will be told any moment now!

Hope so

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2018, 02:23:22 pm »
We're doing the one nighter in the 4*, think you can still ring to check availability for the one night stay.

Have used them before and they've been fine, pricey but fine.

We are doing the 4* one nighter as well. Left it a bit late to book and prices zoomed up, so this was the next best thing. Cracking flight times and direct, so no fucking about.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:36 pm »
We are doing the 4* one nighter as well. Left it a bit late to book and prices zoomed up, so this was the next best thing. Cracking flight times and direct, so no fucking about.

Yeah exactly mate, flights were a joke almost straight away, certainly direct from Manc or Liverpool. The cheaper options involved flying here there and everywhere, or a few days, and I've only got 2 days holiday left

Couldn't agree more on the flight times 7am check in at Manc and back late afternoon, so no diving out of bed really early the next day to get your first flight or train for your connection flights from Lisbon or elsewhere

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2018, 04:23:24 pm »

"been offered" doesn't that sound just brilliant  :butt
But hopefully that means that we mortals can finally get some details.

Offline lewisfvv

• Kemlynite
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2018, 06:43:50 pm »
"been offered" doesn't that sound just brilliant  :butt
But hopefully that means that we mortals can finally get some details.

My brother works there when the agency gives him a job at the corporate, and can tell you one fella went every Euro away this season purely from his hospitality account started season on 0 credits on 3 now, even been Bournemouth, Watford as well, club probably need to see how many they will allocate the corporate till they allocate the rest of us. :no

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2018, 07:35:52 pm »
My brother works there when the agency gives him a job at the corporate, and can tell you one fella went every Euro away this season purely from his hospitality account started season on 0 credits on 3 now, even been Bournemouth, Watford as well, club probably need to see how many they will allocate the corporate till they allocate the rest of us. :no

Hopefully he got one of highest levels of hospitality at least?
Would believe that if you pay £10K+ a season you’d get that kind of benefits, but surely not for every level??

Offline lewisfvv

• Kemlynite
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2018, 07:51:00 pm »
Would believe that if you pay £10K+ a season you’d get that kind of benefits, but surely not for every level??

I believe its the 5-8k level, and theres quite a few of them from the sounds of it

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2018, 08:19:50 pm »
I believe its the 5-8k level, and theres quite a few of them from the sounds of it

That should be the centenary club and/or premier club.

I sent an email before this season started and said I was interested in a hospitality package that would give me access to away tickets. Was told that centenary club was the lowest level for that, from only £3750 + vat a season I was told! I wouldn’t be guaranteed away tickets, but I would qualify for a ballot.

Said if I would be interested I would need two and was offered CE3 row 3.
In other words I think anyone with enough money can get one of them packages.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2018, 02:03:06 pm »

Offline 6europeancups

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • They call me big ears.....
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2018, 04:23:13 pm »
Are we actually playing against Porto, or is it all a lie...

At this rate they will be announcing the selling details when Easyjet are doing the safety briefing on my flight..

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2018, 04:33:42 pm »
Are we actually playing against Porto, or is it all a lie...

At this rate they will be announcing the selling details when Easyjet are doing the safety briefing on my flight..

It's 33 days until the game ffs.