Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0  (Read 45588 times)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0
« Reply #440 on: April 7, 2018, 03:08:44 pm »
Agree with that he just came through those players to claim it, shows how much more decisive he has become.

Just goes to show what confidence can do for a goalkeeper.

The better ones earn you points and that's what Karius did today.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #441 on: April 7, 2018, 03:08:59 pm »
If we finish 4th and win the Champions League but Arsenal win the EL do they take our place?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: April 7, 2018, 03:09:12 pm »
It's not been a bad week considering.
We had a lovely night out on Wednesday.
We've annihilated the league champions to set ours selves up for a great opportunity to go in to the CL semi's.
And then with an injury ridden squad we took a point away from home from the BS whilst ensuring another year passes without them being victorious against us.

Up the Reds.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 7, 2018, 03:09:27 pm »
If we finish 4th and win the Championship League but Arsenal win the EL do they take our place?

Yes

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #444 on: April 7, 2018, 03:10:06 pm »
could be an important point. Hopefully everyone got through unscathed and good to see clyne back.

Fortunately Everton are shite and even with our depleted attack they showed nothing bar the last 5 minutes.

They should be a lot more disappointed.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #445 on: April 7, 2018, 03:10:56 pm »
Thought James Milner was fantastic again before he was subbed. Bit quiet once he went off though.
Physical and alertness disparity between him and Rooney is incredible. Milner's probably in the best form of his Liverpool career outside of the first half of last season.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #446 on: April 7, 2018, 03:11:21 pm »
And how much did they pay for Bolasie?

He's shocking.  They're awful in general but he really is a diabolically bad player.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #447 on: April 7, 2018, 03:12:29 pm »
If we finish 4th and win the Champions League but Arsenal win the EL do they take our place?

;D

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #448 on: April 7, 2018, 03:12:54 pm »

Yes because winning the Europa league supercedes winning the Champions league. And coming 4th is like a negative but winning the CL is a positive and everyone knows a positive and negative equals a negative. So yes doing both will be a negative for us.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #449 on: April 7, 2018, 03:12:57 pm »

He's shocking.  They're awful in general but he really is a diabolically bad player.

about 30 million. He is a really poor player. 

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 7, 2018, 03:13:28 pm »

He's always been a shite player who suddenly turns into a world-beater every time he plays Liverpool. Almost did it today with that one strike, but now we have the world's greatest 'keeper so even the BBSF (Bolasie Bullshit Factor) couldn't stop us.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 7, 2018, 03:15:29 pm »

No, but we do get relegated from the Charity Shield.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #452 on: April 7, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »
He's always been a shite player who suddenly turns into a world-beater every time he plays Liverpool. Almost did it today with that one strike, but now we have the world's greatest 'keeper so even the BBSF (Bolasie Bullshit Factor) couldn't stop us.

Was a great save. Why is the Karius thread locked? Would be nice to talk about how great he is in there.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 7, 2018, 03:15:55 pm »
Yes

No, but we have to start in a qualifying round that starts the day after the season ends and if we lose the coin toss we have to play with 9 men...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 7, 2018, 03:16:06 pm »
They won’t do that and nor will any other League

Depends what you mean by 'any other league'. The MLS are one that does it.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #455 on: April 7, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »
Hilarious how often Pickford over powers his kicks and/or the direction and gives away possession.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 7, 2018, 03:16:57 pm »
They've shown us how to celebrate today to be fair. If Anfield could only reach the same decibels for a goal as they do for winning a throw in. We can only dream...

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: April 7, 2018, 03:17:11 pm »
about 30 million. He is a really poor player.

Well he plays for a really poor team...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #458 on: April 7, 2018, 03:17:17 pm »
So happy for Loris. Firmly on the way of becoming one of the best keperes in the World. Has everything in his locker needed for it

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #459 on: April 7, 2018, 03:17:56 pm »
Physical and alertness disparity between him and Rooney is incredible. Milner's probably in the best form of his Liverpool career outside of the first half of last season.

He’s having a Gary Mac like effect.
Hands up I didn’t think he could still be effective in midfield but the last few months he’s been outstanding

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 7, 2018, 03:18:03 pm »
Was a great save. Why is the Karius thread locked? Would be nice to talk about how great he is in there.

Because the game was ongoing, it'll be unlocked soon.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #461 on: April 7, 2018, 03:18:14 pm »
He is a wonder Milner, have a lot of respect for the guy and the way he keeps pushing himself endlessly. A real professional.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 7, 2018, 03:18:15 pm »

People were ooh-ing and ahh-ing about his save during the game, which is banned because the Russian bots have taken over.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: April 7, 2018, 03:18:46 pm »
He's a talented goalie, always has been. What is going on is that he's now settled into his number 1 role.

What went on before was that a shit ton of fans and dickhead pundits and the media gave him utter shit and wouldn't show an ounce of patience or understanding with him, and decided he'd be a fantastic target for abuse.

Exactly. A bit of research on his time in Germany should have been enough. There once was a time when Liverpool supporters used their own brains, trusted in the manager and showed patience with a player.

As for Everton, they are one of the worst sides we have faced this season, utterly awful team. Funny as fuck seeing Shrek get pulled on 56 mins ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 7, 2018, 03:20:31 pm »
Hilarious how often Pickford over powers his kicks and/or the direction and gives away possession.

Yeah I especially liked that one where he caught the ball and charged to the edge of his area and tried to boot it forward for a counter attack, and completely sliced it in the air, where our player brought it down about 10 yards short of halfway. Pickford obviously got excited watching the god Karius and thought "hey, I cost 6 times more than him, so I must be able to do that too!"

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #465 on: April 7, 2018, 03:20:34 pm »
He’s having a Gary Mac like effect.
Hands up I didn’t think he could still be effective in midfield but the last few months he’s been outstanding

Agreed, he's an invaluable player to have.

His fitness levels and energy are outstanding.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: April 7, 2018, 03:20:56 pm »
Funny as fuck seeing Shrek get pulled on 56 mins ;D

Highlight of the game. When will the pundits finally admit he's done.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #467 on: April 7, 2018, 03:21:24 pm »
People were ooh-ing and ahh-ing about his save during the game, which is banned because the Russian bots have taken over.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 7, 2018, 03:22:16 pm »

Only if they win by two clear goals in the final and one of the goals is a headed goal between the 58th and 59th minute.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: April 7, 2018, 03:22:36 pm »
Exactly. A bit of research on his time in Germany should have been enough. There once was a time when Liverpool supporters used their own brains, trusted in the manager and showed patience with a player.

As for Everton, they are one of the worst sides we have faced this season, utterly awful team. Funny as fuck seeing Shrek get pulled on 56 mins ;D

I'd go as far to say one of the highlights of the game.  ;D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #470 on: April 7, 2018, 03:22:57 pm »

Never. Literally

They'd say gazza still had it if he came on and played for Spurs and fell over himself
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 7, 2018, 03:24:03 pm »
The bitters will be wanking over how close they got to a shot on goal for about ten years.

Not on GOT,they are livid,a tad annoyed we played it like a training game and coasted for the point.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: April 7, 2018, 03:24:21 pm »

The commentators I watched (not sure who they were, was syndicated on Australia's SBS channel) more-or-less says this when they said his substitute Gueye "has the energy that Rooney just can't provide". In other words, he's over the hill from eating too many Yorkies whereas Milner is a hard-as-nails Yorkie bastard who respects his body.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: April 7, 2018, 03:24:38 pm »
0-0. Not great, but we got a point and nobody seemed to get injured. It shouldn't be the case, but I reckon we all had an eye on the Man C game.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #474 on: April 7, 2018, 03:24:40 pm »
17 derbies without a win for our bitter neighbours (from Wales) now.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #475 on: April 7, 2018, 03:24:53 pm »
The Karius therad is  locked, I want to fawn over him, he's so dreamy  :P

Me too. And quite a few saves he has made at critical situations and even been saving points hasn't he? Spurs' penalty save with a 1 goal lead and the save on Son's one on one, coming off his line to deny Hojberg against Southampton with a 1 goal lead and tipping Ward-Prowse header over the bar, Arnautovic save onto crossbar at 0-0 and then a 2nd save from distance against West Ham, then that stunning save off Diame's shot against Newcastle at 1-0, save on Zaha's one one one against Palace at 0-0 and free-kick save on Van Aanholt's shot at 1-1, and then today's stunning one on Bolasie's curler. Brilliant.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: April 7, 2018, 03:25:20 pm »
How the fuck did Coleman not get a yellow in the first ten minutes when he slipped against Milner? We had a 4 on 2 would have had a real chance to score. In the second half Coleman goes right through Milner and then Jageilka went right through Solanke again no cards. Coleman also had the incident with Ings when he dived and then went head to head with Danny. Coleman had 3 yellow card offences and never got carded.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: April 7, 2018, 03:26:30 pm »
Why is the Karius thread locked, open it so we can praise the man!

Because people were talking about the game in there, it'll be unlocked soon.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #478 on: April 7, 2018, 03:27:46 pm »
If we finish 4th and Arse win EL, do we go down to EL, or is it only if the CL winner finishes outside top 4 that they get bumped?

Is Ibe cup-tied for the 2nd leg?  ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: April 7, 2018, 03:28:42 pm »
How the fuck did Coleman not get a yellow in the first ten minutes when he slipped against Milner? We had a 4 on 2 would have had a real chance to score. In the second half Coleman goes right through Milner and then Jageilka went right through Solanke again no cards. Coleman also had the incident with Ings when he dived and then went head to head with Danny. Coleman had 3 yellow card offences and never got carded.

Apparently, Ingsy called him a diving bitter.  ;D