Author Topic: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April  (Read 66026 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2019, 10:32:51 pm »
What does £27 price difference mean, is £75 what Barca are charging their own fans?

Christ, £102 at least if we get them next round then. :o

Edit: oh hang on, I read it again, does it mean they would have charged Barca fans £75 at OT? Even that is steep!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2019, 05:27:36 am »
What does £27 price difference mean, is £75 what Barca are charging their own fans?

Christ, £102 at least if we get them next round then. :o

Edit: oh hang on, I read it again, does it mean they would have charged Barca fans £75 at OT? Even that is steep!

I think it's that the normal price for away fans this season in CLat the nou camp  has been the equivalent of £75 so they will make. The difference but by this United are making £30 for themselfs as the cost for these seats in the semi final for non members is priced at £45
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2019, 08:52:07 am »
I think it's that the normal price for away fans this season in CLat the nou camp  has been the equivalent of £75 so they will make. The difference but by this United are making £30 for themselfs as the cost for these seats in the semi final for non members is priced at £45

So united will be making £188,000 (3300 * 57) by charging Barcelona fans £102 - but only subsidising £124,200 (4600 * £27).

Whether or not you agree with the tit-for-tat approach, ripping off both sets of fans to the tune of £63,800 while trying to make yourself out to be the good guys is not on.

On a side note, United have the ticket information and sale done and dusted again, while Liverpool fans are left waiting.
Long live the King

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2019, 08:58:41 am »
Is there an upper limit on UEFA ticket price?

Where does it end?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2019, 09:17:57 am »
On a side note, United have the ticket information and sale done and dusted again, while Liverpool fans are left waiting.

Was thinking this as well. They have sold out and everything, and its the same week as our match

Actually embarrassing

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2019, 09:21:04 am »
Credit to United they act quickly and support their supporters.

I'm a bit sick of this 'yes but we're doing the right thing' and 'we don't want to subsidise because we'll get ripped off more' bollocks.

FansEurope are onto UEFA with the M.U.S.T as well as MUFC about unfair pricing. In the mean time they're making it a bit easier for their travelling supporters with the subsidy. Just do it and then work with SOS and aforementioned groups to start putting serious pressure on UEFA. Kidding yourselves if you think you're helping the  cause by not helping us  on this.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2019, 11:53:35 am »

...On a side note, United have the ticket information and sale done and dusted again, while Liverpool fans are left waiting.
Indeed........same old story isn't it ? Why can't they, at the very least, just publish a pre-sales notice giving the allocation and criteria. At least then we'd know whether we have a chance.........I don't get it ?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2019, 01:24:18 pm »
Indeed........same old story isn't it ? Why can't they, at the very least, just publish a pre-sales notice giving the allocation and criteria. At least then we'd know whether we have a chance.........I don't get it ?

selling criteria to be announced w/c  1st April  :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2019, 01:30:32 pm »
selling criteria to be announced w/c  1st April  :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ
Where have you seen that mate ?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2019, 01:42:42 pm »
Where have you seen that mate ?

apologies mate I was taking the p**s
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »
we knew you where taking the piss as if it's gonna be that soon 🤣

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2019, 04:48:34 pm »
Barcelona have now reduced their travelling fans package by 40 euros.

So ticket details have been released by united, they’ve made statement regarding pricing and Barca have subsidised their lot.

Meanwhile Liverpool are working out how many tickets they can cyphon off.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2019, 05:16:39 pm »
Yep.......me being dim  :butt

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2019, 06:10:33 pm »
Barcelona have now reduced their travelling fans package by 40 euros.

So ticket details have been released by united, they’ve made statement regarding pricing and Barca have subsidised their lot.

Meanwhile Liverpool are working out how many tickets they can cyphon off.
So what's been gained there by either club? Both have whacked prices up and are subsidising their own fans, so is there any point at all?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2019, 06:15:04 pm »
So what's been gained there by either club? Both have whacked prices up and are subsidising their own fans, so is there any point at all?!
to be fair to Barca from what I understand they haven't whacked prices up they have been the prices whether or not the price is acceptable is a different matter

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2019, 07:03:52 pm »

Let’s face it, it’s catch 22.

But if it’s for the greater good then I’m all for it. Talking reasonably to UEFA and other clubs has got us no where for long enough. So if you have clubs fucking around doing this kind of thing you would hope that along with ongoing discussions clubs can see that it’s daft and agreements put in place.

so would say yes there is a point.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2019, 08:08:01 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/342629-ticket-details-for-fc-porto-away-leg

Liverpool FC has received confirmation of ticket prices for the Champions League quarter-final fixture at FC Porto on Wednesday April 17.

Following extensive discussions with UEFA and Porto, away ticket prices have been set by Porto at £52 (€60). This is €15 less than last season’s Champions League match with the Portuguese club.

Supporters intending to travel should note there will be a ticket collection process in Porto for this fixture.

LFC would like to thank FC Porto for working with the club on a pricing structure. Fellow Champions League clubs are also continuing to work with UEFA to negotiate the fairest ticket prices for their fans throughout the competition.

The dialogue regarding a price cap on tickets for away fans will also continue. Until such a cap is agreed, LFC will continue to work with the opposition and UEFA to discuss the most reasonable ways of reducing costs for travelling supporters.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2019, 08:13:12 pm »
Better. Now to work for a cap.

Well done in getting this sorted without handbags

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2019, 08:29:56 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/342629-ticket-details-for-fc-porto-away-leg

Liverpool FC has received confirmation of ticket prices for the Champions League quarter-final fixture at FC Porto on Wednesday April 17.

Following extensive discussions with UEFA and Porto, away ticket prices have been set by Porto at £52 (€60). This is €15 less than last season’s Champions League match with the Portuguese club.

Supporters intending to travel should note there will be a ticket collection process in Porto for this fixture.

LFC would like to thank FC Porto for working with the club on a pricing structure. Fellow Champions League clubs are also continuing to work with UEFA to negotiate the fairest ticket prices for their fans throughout the competition.

The dialogue regarding a price cap on tickets for away fans will also continue. Until such a cap is agreed, LFC will continue to work with the opposition and UEFA to discuss the most reasonable ways of reducing costs for travelling supporters.
not often I say it but well done to the club for that

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2019, 11:19:36 pm »
Booked £160 return flights from Manchester for the Mon-Fri, for me and my mate and now I can't make it due to work (: will cost me £160 as he won't be going solo  :butt

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2019, 09:11:48 am »
Booked £160 return flights from Manchester for the Mon-Fri, for me and my mate and now I can't make it due to work (: will cost me £160 as he won't be going solo  :butt

Tell him to get a grip and go by himself, nothing wrong with it!

There will be plenty of people who he can have a bevvy with over there

Offline felbridge

• Boys Pen
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2019, 09:55:15 am »
I've just booked my trip over to Porto. First ever away (and maybe only). Cost a fair wack but still, can't wait. There should be one lad I know going as well but otherwise, I'm just going to try and find where there's people on the Wed.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2019, 10:46:37 am »
Tell him to get a grip and go by himself, nothing wrong with it!

There will be plenty of people who he can have a bevvy with over there
This.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2019, 11:04:29 am »
I bumped into my friend yesterday in town who absolutely hates football and everything thing to do with. He's from Widnes. Anyway. He asked me how my last trip was so I tell him. I then say Iam off to Porto mid April. He goes. So am I. It's Lucy's 30th so we've booked a quiet week in Porto .

It's the same week.

:lmao
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2019, 11:24:02 am »

Solo holidays + going to the game solo are some of my favourite pastimes.
YNWA.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2019, 12:58:23 pm »
I bumped into my friend yesterday in town who absolutely hates football and everything thing to do with. He's from Widnes. Anyway. He asked me how my last trip was so I tell him. I then say Iam off to Porto mid April. He goes. So am I. It's Lucy's 30th so we've booked a quiet week in Porto .

It's the same week.

Great that hahaha

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2019, 01:10:40 pm »

It's the same week.

He'll hate it even more now  :lmao

Credit where it's due to the club on the ticket prices.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2019, 01:55:40 pm »
So united will be making £188,000 (3300 * 57) by charging Barcelona fans £102 - but only subsidising £124,200 (4600 * £27).

Whether or not you agree with the tit-for-tat approach, ripping off both sets of fans to the tune of £63,800 while trying to make yourself out to be the good guys is not on.

Barcelona only selling 2,445 for Old Trafford.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2019, 02:00:27 pm »
Barcelona only selling 2,445 for Old Trafford.

United still making £15K on the deal then...
Long live the King

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2019, 02:20:01 pm »
Ticket collection in Porto ?
Do you think it will be all tickets or just a selected few hundred again ?
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2019, 02:27:56 pm »

I reckon it will be a selection as that’s what they’ve said all season.

I get the sense that this won’t be incredibly popular. It’s expensive and tough to get to and Easter holidays. I know lads who’ve said they’re jibbing it with an eye on Barcelona.

If it is selected collection, it’ll be interesting to see if not collecting = no credit is enough to put off credit hunters.

Credits dropping low would cause a potential problem for our group as a couple with 5 credits not going and a couple with just Roma going in their place. Those with Roma would want their own credit but would already be sorted by the time the sale drops.
Long live the King

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2019, 03:08:46 pm »

A select few again
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2019, 04:00:19 pm »
Great that hahaha
He'll hate it even more now  :lmao

Credit where it's due to the club on the ticket prices.

His flight most probably will be full of Liverpool fans.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2019, 04:14:06 pm »
Spoke to lfc today about Porto away, as the website said there would be ticket collections in Porto. They don’t how many will need to be collected yet, but they are “aiming towards 100% collection in future.” And we should tell club if we disagree

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2019, 04:15:25 pm »
Spoke to lfc today about Porto away, as the website said there would be ticket collections in Porto. They don’t how many will need to be collected yet, but they are “aiming towards 100% collection in future.” And we should tell club if we disagree
did they give any indication as to when they might actually tell us what the selling criteria is and when they might actually sell the tickets

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2019, 04:25:32 pm »
did they give any indication as to when they might actually tell us what the selling criteria is and when they might actually sell the tickets

I’m guessing next week

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2019, 05:04:50 pm »
Here come the petty excuses

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2019, 05:11:25 pm »
This whole collection thing is flawed if you can assign the ticket to someone else. Achieves very little other than being inconvenient. I'm happy to collect my ticket every single time if it means someone without credits has the opportunity to buy one on their own card. If you can change the name then you're basically just making it that a tout needs to be organised.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2019, 05:16:54 pm »
This whole collection thing is flawed if you can assign the ticket to someone else. Achieves very little other than being inconvenient. I'm happy to collect my ticket every single time if it means someone without credits has the opportunity to buy one on their own card. If you can change the name then you're basically just making it that a tout needs to be organised.

Spot on

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2019, 05:17:23 pm »

i think thats what they are working towards with collection and that system will (well i certainly feel should) come into place, i imagine it wont go down to well with a lot of the people who buy the smaller games for the sake of it but the sooner it comes in the better