Author Topic: Top English Clubs in Bombshell Talks to Join European Premier League  (Read 21006 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Top English Clubs in Bombshell Talks to Join European Premier League
« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2020, 12:21:01 am »
Has.

:-* :-*

You are going to forensically examine my posts now, aren't you?  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #361 on: October 23, 2020, 12:21:34 am »

You are going to forensically examine my posts now, aren't you?  :D

Would I be such a pedantic little twat and do such a thing....

:-X :-X

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: October 23, 2020, 12:22:35 am »
Would I be such a pedantic little twat and do such a thing....

:-X :-X
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: October 23, 2020, 12:31:23 am »
It’s spelt “yes”.

:)

I think I've killed the thread, though.  :-[

My name is not Jordan Pickford, so I will apologise in person.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #365 on: October 23, 2020, 12:32:54 am »

Don’t worry, everyone ignore the above and discuss....

Another way to look at it is did Pickford concede the goal no, done his job, just happend to catch the player, a second either way and they dont colied or theres a goal or Pickford saves it, there both going for a ball thats there to be won.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2020, 12:33:17 am »
:)

I think its killed off the same way this European Premier League thing is after Infantino today said it wasn't happening.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Reds4Wolves2

• Main Stander
« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2020, 01:32:03 am »
Don’t worry, everyone ignore the above and discuss....

That comment shows he’s a fishing/a troll/an attention seeker, Craig. (Not Spion!)

Speaking of ignoring, I’ve now added a 2nd person to my ignore list. Interestingly, it shows the people on your ignore list’s status and I haven’t seen matt and Al signed in at the same time yet. Hmmm.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #368 on: October 23, 2020, 01:48:39 am »
That comment shows he’s a fishing/a troll/an attention seeker, Craig. (Not Spion!)

Speaking of ignoring, I’ve now added a 2nd person to my ignore list. Interestingly, it shows the people on your ignore list’s status and I haven’t seen matt and Al signed in at the same time yet. Hmmm.

Honestly, in my time here and other places I’ve come across plenty of WUMs and plenty of, well, idiots.

Genuinely think he falls into the latter after seeing him in multiple threads.

He’s def not Al. Ive debated with Al plenty enough over the years to know that  :D Plus to be fair to Al he 100% would not have said anything like that, he’d have had our player’s back totally.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #369 on: October 23, 2020, 01:58:35 am »
Honestly, in my time here and other places I’ve come across plenty of WUMs and plenty of, well, idiots.

Genuinely think he falls into the latter after seeing him in multiple threads.

He’s def not Al. Ive debated with Al plenty enough over the years to know that  :D Plus to be fair to Al he 100% would not have said anything like that, he’d have had our player’s back totally.

😂 just my opinion and hate it being used as an excuse to leave a league its took 30 years to win once.

Offline Reds4Wolves2

• Main Stander
« Reply #370 on: October 23, 2020, 01:59:31 am »
I think its killed off the same way this European Premier League thing is after Infantino today said it wasn't happening.

I don’t think it’s killed off, Infantino isn’t going to say anything different until and unless the major players are all aboard, financing is lined up, the contracts are signed, and everyone involved’s concerns have been addressed to their satisfaction.

He has to worry about keeping the national Federations who voted him into office behind him, and this early in the game being noncommittal won’t stop the press hounding him on the topic, so he has to say something. Nothing he said means it can’t or won’t happen. He said he’s “not interested”, then went on about the Club World Cup. That’s him promoting his pet project and deflecting the question. He wants Flamengo and Boca to be more like Liverpool and Bayern. He wants “50 clubs and 50 national teams who can become world champions.” Nothing there says a European super league isn’t a step towards his goals. He’s not saying he wants 50 European clubs who can become world champions. The super league would give him 18 clubs, and the other 32 will come from CONMEBOL and the other associations.

If, there are a lot if “ifs” here, the billions of debt financing is in place; the clubs involved have all signed off on joining- have gotten assurances from FIFA that pissing off UEFA isn’t going to make them pariahs etc., or maybe UEFA even kills the Champions League and jumps on board with this if they get their pound of flesh for their national associations; the TV deals really do dwarf the current ones, even for the English clubs; and umpteen other things that have to happen all line up, at that point Mr. “Not interested” is not going to say “No, I want to protect the smaller clubs in Europe!” He might ask for his pound of flesh to sanction it along with UEFA, but it could still happen.

It might happen some day. If it happens soon it will have been precipitated by COVID and the revenue losses we’ve seen. It might not happen because the smaller clubs will fold and give the big clubs a bigger share of the pie to avert the big clubs leaving or because of any one of numerous other things that could kill it. But Infantino’s statement today hasn’t materially changed a thing, IMO.

I don’t want it to happen. But I fear it’s inevitable, and that the financial losses from COVID will make club owners and executives who’ve been reluctant to become Public Enemy #1 to a large proportion of their home countries‘ football supporting population by creating this league will now feel forced to make the leap.

I also think people are way overestimating the value of the Premier League’s non-England appeal coming from it being a “competitive league where the little guys can upset the big clubs.” The viewing figures, some of which have been posted in the thread, show that the appeal to the global audience is the big clubs playing, and not the fact that the big club might lose to a small club.

I think the Premier League caught on globally for a number of reasons, and “It’s a Big Six and even a Leicester City can win it, I’d rather watch this than Bayern or Real/Barca, or Juve because of the uncertainty the PL provides!” is way way down the list of reasons why it’s the dominant league for TV deals.

Edited to correct typos and hopefully avoid Spion and Craig’s opprobrium.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:10:13 am by Reds4Wolves2 »

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #371 on: October 23, 2020, 02:10:13 am »
As a poster further up has said, ive always liked the idea of Celtic and Rangers joining the Premiership, we have 3 Welsh sides so why not. Would give them abit more competition instead of there dominance and 9 in a row must get boring as fans.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #372 on: October 23, 2020, 02:17:17 am »
As a poster further up has said, ive always liked the idea of Celtic and Rangers joining the Premiership, we have 3 Welsh sides so why not. Would give them abit more competition instead of there dominance and 9 in a row must get boring as fans.

*their

Offline Reds4Wolves2

• Main Stander
« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2020, 02:18:28 am »
Ive debated with Al plenty enough over the years to know that  :D

*makes note in my ‘RAWK posters’ Excel sheet*

Craig = masochist

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #374 on: October 23, 2020, 02:18:35 am »
😂 just my opinion and hate it being used as an excuse to leave a league its took 30 years to win once.

I’m sorry, but your defence of Pickford is not really an alternative argument to anything any actual Liverpool fan would come out with.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2020, 02:19:06 am »
*makes note in my ‘RAWK posters’ Excel sheet*

Craig = masochist

50,000+ posts confirms this  :D

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2020, 02:19:32 am »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2020, 02:20:31 am »
Spell checkers here again 😂

It’s grammar rather then spelling, mate.

Also, checker’s.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2020, 02:21:03 am »

😂 it amuses me anyway.

Offline Reds4Wolves2

• Main Stander
« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2020, 02:27:40 am »

Also, checker’s.

Keep it up, Craig, you never know when being the Grammar police will come in handy. After wife v1.0 and I split up, when I was having my midlife crisis dating attractive coeds less than half my age, I asked one of them, “What was it that attracted you to me, given our age difference- well, aside from the red Italian sports car etc.?” She replied, “I liked that you used complete sentences and proper grammar in texts and all of our communication. Guys my age seem to largely be illiterate, even the ones at uni with me. The fact that you’d correct my grammar and usage didn’t annoy me, I liked it! In fact I think I’ve learned at least one new word every day I’ve known you!”  ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:34:56 am by Reds4Wolves2 »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: October 23, 2020, 02:35:42 am »
But why would anyone that's against Liverpool and the other big clubs jumping ship to be part of a European 'Super League' be in favour of Celtic and Rangers jumping ship from their own league? Wouldn't that be a hypocritical stance to take? Genuine question, and not meant as a dig towards you personally.

Personally, I wouldn't want them or their sectarianism in this league, but that's another topic. Also, if they were to up sticks and come to the English leagues, they should start at the bottom and work their way up to the top tier. I mean what gives them the right to leapfrog four leagues?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:42:10 am by Son of Spion* »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2020, 02:36:29 am »
Keep it up, Craig, you never know when being the Grammar police will come in handy. After wife v1.0 and I split up, when I was having my midlife crisis dating and attractive coeds less than half my age, I asked one of them, “What was it that attracted you to me, given our age difference- well, aside from the red Italian sports car etc.?” She replied, “I liked that you used complete sentences and proper grammar in texts and all of our communication. Guys my age seem to largely be illiterate, even the ones at uni with me. The fact that you’d correct my grammar and usage didn’t annoy me, I liked it! In fact I think I’ve learned at least one new word every day I’ve known you!”  ;)

Coincidentally, I go out with a girl 8 years my younger who teaches English and starts a PhD at the Shakespeare Institute in Jan.

So it worked for me.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2020, 02:45:42 am »
But why would anyone that's against Liverpool and the other big clubs jumping ship to be part of a European 'Super League' be in favour of Celtic and Rangers jumping ship from their own league? Wouldn't that be a hypocritical stance to take?

Personally, I wouldn't want them or their sectarianism in this league, but that's another topic. Also, if they were to up sticks and come to the English leagues, they should start at the bottom and work their way up to the top tier. I mean what gives them the right to leapfrog four leagues?

More as we have 3 Welsh sides in our leagues so its not out the norm, what gives them the right to be in our leagues.

They set the presidence when they kept MK Dons as a league club when changing and moving a club to Milton Keynes from Wimbledon so they've done it once.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2020, 03:06:10 am »

More as we have 3 Welsh sides in our leagues so its not out the norm, what gives them the right to be in our leagues.

They set the presidence when they kept MK Dons as a league club when changing and moving a club to Milton Keynes from Wimbledon so they've done it once.

It's not the country of origin that's the problem. A quick Google for clarification tells me that these Welsh clubs have played in the English league since they were founded, because there were no Welsh leagues to join at that time, and I'm pretty sure they weren't introduced to the leagues by being gifted an unearned place in Division One, as it was called back then. So, they have come into the leagues organically and have gone up or down the leagues based on performance. MK Dons was a name and location change rather than a club from elsewhere being introduced to another league.

With Celtic and Rangers, some suggest they leave the Scottish League and come straight into the Premier League, but what about the clubs in the Championship and their promotion for winning it? You can't just introduce two clubs to the top flight who have not earned the right to be there by their performances on the pitch. That would be an utter disgrace that two clubs could leapfrog four entire leagues without kicking a ball.

Regarding any eventual European Super League, a lot of people think it stinks because the big clubs would be taking the prestige and the money with them, and those left in the far less glamourous and lucrative league would suffer as a result. There is credibility to that argument. Yet, it's the very same one that they have from time to time in Scotland, where Celtic and Rangers are the glamour clubs that are criticised by many who believe they'd jump at the chance to join the Premier League, thus greatly damaging the Scottish Premier League and the football pyramid north of the border in the process. The other clubs in Scotland need those two because it's against them that they pull in the big gates and the revenue. It's the same here with Liverpool and Man United. Most clubs pull in their biggest gates against us or them. Liverpool and Man United are everyone's biggest domestic games of the season.

What I'm saying is that if people believe that Liverpool and the Mancs jumping ship to a more glamourous league is bad for football, then they must also believe that Celtic and Rangers doing the exact same to come to England is also equally bad for football too. Let's face it, those two would only be coming down for the money and the higher profile, and not because it would be good for football in Scotland.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:11:25 am by Son of Spion* »

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2020, 03:24:10 am »
I've never thought of the financial aspect of playing Rangers and Celtic before to be honest, always looked at it as opening up the Scottish leagues to allow other winners and a better competition than being 20+ points behind each season, thats where i like the Premiership for its competitiveness and almost every team has something to play for, Europe or relagation battles or Leicester winning the league against all the odds its full of interest for every club.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2020, 06:46:03 am »
That's.
I wouldn’t correct any posts after reading some of yours.

How about you concentrate on Scunthorpe then and stop trying to tell us what a derby is about? You’ve been told often enough that the players and Klopp have called their behaviour out, and in doing so have acknowledged that tackling and injuries are part of the game, but in this game and other recent games v Everton a line had been crossed.

Are you just a bit thick or on a wind up?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2020, 07:38:58 am »
Keep it up, Craig, you never know when being the Grammar police will come in handy. After wife v1.0 and I split up, when I was having my midlife crisis dating attractive coeds less than half my age, I asked one of them, “What was it that attracted you to me, given our age difference- well, aside from the red Italian sports car etc.?” She replied, “I liked that you used complete sentences and proper grammar in texts and all of our communication. Guys my age seem to largely be illiterate, even the ones at uni with me. The fact that you’d correct my grammar and usage didn’t annoy me, I liked it! In fact I think I’ve learned at least one new word every day I’ve known you!”  ;)

really?

my girl liked me because I have a big cock

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2020, 08:15:42 am »
I wouldn’t correct any posts after reading some of yours.

How about you concentrate on Scunthorpe then and stop trying to tell us what a derby is about? You’ve been told often enough that the players and Klopp have called their behaviour out, and in doing so have acknowledged that tackling and injuries are part of the game, but in this game and other recent games v Everton a line had been crossed.

Are you just a bit thick or on a wind up?

To easy to wind you up, quick lets start a new league as players tackle us here 😂 honestly!?

Its called tactics. And it worked.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2020, 08:23:25 am »
It’s actually refreshing for someone other than Al to completely derail a thread with utter nonsense, but I’m not sure the gloating over Virg being injured should really be allowed too much longer.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2020, 08:28:33 am »
It’s actually refreshing for someone other than Al to completely derail a thread with utter nonsense, but I’m not sure the gloating over Virg being injured should really be allowed too much longer.

It's not gloating it's a fact of the game injuries happen, just happens to be Virg, lifes not fair but hey.

The way people are using it as excuse to leave a league won once in 30 years is abit laughable.

Am going to take my ball and play somewhere else 😂
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:31:34 am by matt_lfc »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2020, 08:31:25 am »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2020, 08:43:58 am »
well that's another debate put to bed

well what have I learnt?

erm...

maybe that some people will always prefer to open their boiled eggs from the large side to those that prefer to open their boiled eggs from the small side

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2020, 08:57:33 am »
To easy to wind you up, quick lets start a new league as players tackle us here 😂 honestly!?

Its called tactics. And it worked.
Not wound up mate, just can't believe how desperate you are to get noticed. So desperate in fact, that you ignore all the evidence in front of you, including players, and carry on spouting the same shite. Which brings me back to my earlier point about you being a bit thick. "It's to easy" really?

The thing about a decent wind up is it needs to be a bit subtle and not run the risk of making the person doing it look a bit stupid. You failed on both counts  :wave
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:59:43 am by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2020, 09:04:50 am »
Not wound up mate, just can't believe how desperate you are to get noticed. So desperate in fact, that you ignore all the evidence in front of you, including players, and carry on spouting the same shite. Which brings me back to my earlier point about you being a bit thick. "It's to easy" really?

The thing about a decent wind up is it needs to be a bit subtle and not run the risk of making the person doing it look at bit stupid. You failed on both counts  :wave

I don't see Man Utd coming out with these reasons, it's purely business and greed, that's the fact. Everton have nothing to do with it.

It was only last week people said the Premier League plays to many games now they want an extended Champions League and play even more games.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2020, 09:07:37 am »
Its proper football the legends of the 70's and 80"s didnt complain they got up and gave as good back, footballs soft now a days for a contact sport, a derbys all about getting stuck in.

Too many foreigners ruining the good ol' English game as well, I presume?

I'm sure Van Dijk would have loved to have "got up and gave as good back" only he couldn't on account of you know, ripping his knee apart...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #395 on: October 23, 2020, 09:08:25 am »
You know it's your own fault for engaging :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2020, 09:10:28 am »
You know it's your own fault for engaging :D
I know  ;D. Done now and won't be in future.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2020, 09:11:29 am »
His exodus lasted 36 minutes :D

Welcome back matt_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2020, 09:20:02 am »
His exodus lasted 36 minutes :D

Welcome back matt_lfc
Probably because he gets wound up a bit too easily  ;)

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #399 on: October 23, 2020, 09:25:35 am »
Probably because he gets wound up a bit too easily  ;)

😂 It's how stupid fans sound by saying we want to leave and play somewhere else beacause of Everton and the null and void joke.