Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3276628 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: The Seven Ted Mauling thread
« Reply #45080 on: March 31, 2023, 10:22:26 am »
Vile club and fans. Shameless.

They still have a number of fans not wanting him to come back. It seems to have split a lot of people not surprisingly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45081 on: March 31, 2023, 12:25:27 pm »
How reliable is the Duncan Castles journo? I don't know who he is.

lol
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #45082 on: March 31, 2023, 01:24:45 pm »
How reliable is the Duncan Castles journo? I don't know who he is.

It would be like the Manchester Guardian interviewing me in the hope I'd give a glowing account of how great Manchester United are.

But from the opposite end of the spectrum.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #45083 on: March 31, 2023, 02:16:50 pm »
Lol thx. I won't post his tweet then  :D

I'm surprised he's able to tweet anything with his nose so far up Mourinho's ass
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #45084 on: March 31, 2023, 02:54:15 pm »
I listened to those Greenwood tapes before they were taken down. a court unable to find him guilty in law because the complainant withdrew her cooperation for whatever reason....really bad joke.

Well they should play the audio over loudspeakers when he shows up anywhere for the next 15 years. at practice, for a game, going down the pub, a public bog on the side of a bike path, anywhere he shows his face.

If he plays football again i hope people kick the living shit out of him and the whistle never blows.

Money talks, this planet. Pathetic.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #45085 on: March 31, 2023, 02:58:30 pm »
I listened to those Greenwood tapes before they were taken down. a court unable to find him guilty in law because the complainant withdrew her cooperation for whatever reason....really bad joke.

Well they should play the audio over loudspeakers when he shows up anywhere for the next 15 years. at practice, for a game, going down the pub, a public bog on the side of a bike path, anywhere he shows his face.

If he plays football again i hope people kick the living shit out of him and the whistle never blows.

Money talks, this planet. Pathetic.

The tapes themselves were enough proof and you can bet your bottom dollar people in high positions at United have already listened to them. They still could have terminated his contract regardless. The fact that they haven't, doesn't say a lot about those running the club. I would be up in arms if it was my club and we still had such a player on the books.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #45086 on: March 31, 2023, 05:21:35 pm »
The tapes themselves were enough proof and you can bet your bottom dollar people in high positions at United have already listened to them. They still could have terminated his contract regardless. The fact that they haven't, doesn't say a lot about those running the club. I would be up in arms if it was my club and we still had such a player on the books.

Are there legal reasons why they couldn't terminate his contract? Especially since the charges were dropped and the girl "voluntarily" withdrew her complaint?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #45087 on: March 31, 2023, 05:32:54 pm »

He is a product of their organization, said it at the time. Was on the books for years and years. Clearly right off the rails with entitlement and swelled head. someone there had a duty of care to put an arm around this kid before he got where he ended up. some mild version of peeling potatoes and shining boots to get a feel and an understanding for how lucky he was would have done him a world of good. instead they obviously just enabled him any antic he pleased untill he became basically psychotic in his misunderstanding of his own worth and place in society.

Look at Liverpool. If theres not a smile and a name hello to the doorman cook security guard and steward your not for us. all part of the team.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #45088 on: March 31, 2023, 09:50:16 pm »
He is a product of their organization, said it at the time. Was on the books for years and years. Clearly right off the rails with entitlement and swelled head. someone there had a duty of care to put an arm around this kid before he got where he ended up. some mild version of peeling potatoes and shining boots to get a feel and an understanding for how lucky he was would have done him a world of good. instead they obviously just enabled him any antic he pleased untill he became basically psychotic in his misunderstanding of his own worth and place in society.

Look at Liverpool. If theres not a smile and a name hello to the doorman cook security guard and steward your not for us. all part of the team.

Isn't Marcus Rashford also a product of the same organisation? And roughly the same age/generation as Greenwood and a thoroughly sound human being all round. What MG has done is nothing to do with the club he's associated with and your post sounds like you're hijacking the issue to have a dig at Man U. Which is rather sad. Abusers are everywhere and from all walks of life.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45089 on: March 31, 2023, 11:58:54 pm »

Isn't Marcus Rashford also a product of the same organisation? And roughly the same age/generation as Greenwood and a thoroughly sound human being all round. What MG has done is nothing to do with the club he's associated with and your post sounds like you're hijacking the issue to have a dig at Man U. Which is rather sad. Abusers are everywhere and from all walks of life.

Yeah think making this a club issue is a bit misguided, if the club still backs him and fans cheer him on fair enough an call them out, but right now it's just a disgraceful case (yet again) of how money talks. As others have said it's a sad law that allows him to walk with such evidence just because the victim has not pulled out (unless thats wrong?).

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #45090 on: April 1, 2023, 09:26:56 am »
They will still back him, like they still back Giggs.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #45091 on: April 1, 2023, 05:20:41 pm »

Yeah, I'm all for having a pop at these wankers, but to say Greenwood's behaviour has anything to do with United is proper Matt Le Tiss level tin hat stuff. Rashford is the most obvious antidote to that bullshit possible, the lad has taken on the Tory government at least twice and won, in the aid of feeding kids who grew up like him. This is about nature, not nurture. Greenwood is scum, and obviously anyone defending him is just as bad. I'd be amazed and appalled if United took him back to be honest - again I'm thinking of something like Rashford lining out with him, and I just can't see it. Of course United's twitter fanbase want him back - if you were to check the IPs of those, you'd probably get a quite a lot of supporters from countries where women are essentially slaves to their fathers, brothers or husbands etc. Or just trolls/basement dwelling sex offenders. Twitter is representative of naff all except the decline of humanity.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45092 on: April 2, 2023, 07:01:19 pm »
They are terrible without Casemiro
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45093 on: April 2, 2023, 07:03:17 pm »
Fixed.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45094 on: April 2, 2023, 07:06:17 pm »
Just looked at the table for the first time in a long time and these are fourth and only just? I thought they were one or two decent results behind City the way they’ve been going on in work. They’ve been saying all week they wanted us to win so they could take second.

Not likely but I’d love us to get our act together and for these fuckers to fuck fourth up.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45095 on: April 2, 2023, 07:33:24 pm »
In a season where we are poor, Chelsea are poor and City aren't at their best, being 21 points behind after spending £200m shows how poor they really are.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45096 on: April 2, 2023, 07:35:15 pm »
We beat them 7-0 with him playing.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45097 on: April 2, 2023, 07:38:02 pm »
On track for 70 points after spending over 200m and the way they go on you'd think Hag is performing miracles. Can't be having any credit for cup success either as we got told it was a "failure of a season" for winning two "meaningless" domestic cups last season.

Antony and Sancho are having a right battle for the worst signing in the history of the sport.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45098 on: April 2, 2023, 08:03:06 pm »
On track for 70 points after spending over 200m and the way they go on you'd think Hag is performing miracles. Can't be having any credit for cup success either as we got told it was a "failure of a season" for winning two "meaningless" domestic cups last season.

Antony and Sancho are having a right battle for the worst signing in the history of the sport.

They're going to have to go some way to wrestle that title off Maguire.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45099 on: April 2, 2023, 08:23:26 pm »

Sorry? Did you not hear Robbie Savage? Ten Hag is THE BEST MANAGER IN THE WORLD!

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45100 on: April 2, 2023, 09:30:45 pm »
A bit of a Tottenham new manager bounce and they will end up in the Europa. Sadly I'm not sure anyone can do any better than Conte did with that lot.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45101 on: April 2, 2023, 09:37:41 pm »
They got 3 more points than after the same number of games last season under ralfie … United are back !!

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #45102 on: April 2, 2023, 09:55:25 pm »
They got 3 more points than after the same number of games last season under ralfie … United are back !!

Is this accurate? If so, ROFL!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45103 on: April 2, 2023, 10:32:10 pm »

Bad day for magicians with Ten Hag being beaten and Potter getting the sack.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45104 on: April 2, 2023, 11:03:13 pm »

Is this confirmed to be true??

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #45105 on: April 2, 2023, 11:14:03 pm »
Is this accurate? If so, ROFL!

Is this confirmed to be true??

After 27 matches played last season Man Utd were on 47 points. +10 goal difference.

This season, after 27 matches played, they are on 50 points. +4 goal difference.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #45106 on: April 2, 2023, 11:18:22 pm »
They’ve got a decent run in I believe.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45107 on: April 3, 2023, 06:34:30 am »
All that swag for 3 more points.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45108 on: April 3, 2023, 06:51:06 am »
No goals and only one point (at home vs. the bottom team) in the two games since The Seven. So as awful as we are, at least we dragged this lot down with us.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45109 on: April 3, 2023, 09:09:06 am »
The last time United scored a league goal was in February. We are now in April

Swag

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #45110 on: April 3, 2023, 09:12:35 am »
Seen it's all about the Glaziers again.

Neville crying it in how they didn't replace Ronaldo because poor Ten Haag can't spend money.

They all need calling out on this. They spent over eighty million pounds on that Poundland Richarlilson in the summer, who's scored a huge seven goals for them.

Which is half as many as Darwin has scored for us.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #45111 on: April 3, 2023, 09:23:03 am »
After 27 matches played last season Man Utd were on 47 points. +10 goal difference.

This season, after 27 matches played, they are on 50 points. +4 goal difference.

Bearing in mind how absolutely awful they were throughout last season, although the league table massively flattered them, they were even worse than we've been this season.

It's the cups that have flattered them. If they end up with just the League Cup and 5th place then it's a very poor season considering their budget. Top 4 and 2 or 3 trophies is a good return given what they produced last season, so their season depends very much on how they finish it. The Europa field looks shit after Arsenal spewed it but they'll have to beat Brighton and City to win the FA. If they win the Europa it won't matter if they finish 5th.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #45112 on: April 3, 2023, 09:35:34 am »
I think I said it on the PL thread , I just don't see a style of play that's developing. When Klopp arrived he said it would take time to implement his 'heavy metal' style of football but you could see a style of play developing from the great days of beating City away 4-1 to the bad days of being thumped by Watford 0-3.
With Haag I just don't as pretty much every week they stink the place out but have got away largely thanks to some incredibly dodgy decisions (Man City) a freakish set of home cup draws and Rashford hitting the best goal scoring streak of his life
He's spent nearly £300m yet the football is no better than under Ole

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45113 on: April 3, 2023, 10:00:44 am »
10 Hag - Casimero = oli(ole) at the wheel

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #45114 on: April 3, 2023, 10:08:15 am »
Seen it's all about the Glaziers again.

Neville crying it in how they didn't replace Ronaldo because poor Ten Haag can't spend money.

They all need calling out on this. They spent over eighty million pounds on that Poundland Richarlilson in the summer, who's scored a huge seven goals for them.

Which is half as many as Darwin has scored for us.
to be honest, it hasn't been mentioned much, but the players Ten Haag has brought in are not up to standard.

Antony   82.00m   
Casemiro   60.65m   
Lisandro Martínez   49.00m   
Tyrell Malacia   13.00m   
Wout Weghorst   2.50m   Loan
Martin Dúbravka   2.00m   Loan
Marcel Sabitzer      Loan
Jack Butland      Loan
Christian Eriksen      Free Transfer

Anthony looks very weak for the PL, Casemiro is good, but 60m on a 30 year old is insane. Martinez, we all know is not big enough and isn't actually all that. Malacia has not really got much game time and the rest, other Eriksen (33) are useless. The key for me is that only one of those (Casemiro) would get in our side, even currently, and that is only for this season because we have so many issues in the middle. By contrast, NUFC bought Guimaraes for £40m last year and every team in the PL would have him.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45115 on: April 3, 2023, 10:48:49 am »
Saw on twitter yesterday someone making the very reasonable point that if us and chelsea even remotely had out act together, not like quadruple chasing just a half decent season, then united would now be  6th and calling for ten hag's head.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45116 on: April 3, 2023, 10:55:18 am »
to be honest, it hasn't been mentioned much, but the players Ten Haag has brought in are not up to standard.

Antony   82.00m   
Casemiro   60.65m   
Lisandro Martínez   49.00m   
Tyrell Malacia   13.00m   
Wout Weghorst   2.50m   Loan
Martin Dúbravka   2.00m   Loan
Marcel Sabitzer      Loan
Jack Butland      Loan
Christian Eriksen      Free Transfer

Anthony looks very weak for the PL, Casemiro is good, but 60m on a 30 year old is insane. Martinez, we all know is not big enough and isn't actually all that. Malacia has not really got much game time and the rest, other Eriksen (33) are useless. The key for me is that only one of those (Casemiro) would get in our side, even currently, and that is only for this season because we have so many issues in the middle. By contrast, NUFC bought Guimaraes for £40m last year and every team in the PL would have him.

Casemiro is an absolute myth. He's been banned for 25% of Uniteds league games. As for Martinez, he's too fucking small. Wins 50% of his aerial duels.

Just watch the highlights from sky sports on youtube, Martinez is bullied.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #45117 on: April 3, 2023, 10:56:52 am »
I think I said it on the PL thread , I just don't see a style of play that's developing. When Klopp arrived he said it would take time to implement his 'heavy metal' style of football but you could see a style of play developing from the great days of beating City away 4-1 to the bad days of being thumped by Watford 0-3.
With Haag I just don't as pretty much every week they stink the place out but have got away largely thanks to some incredibly dodgy decisions (Man City) a freakish set of home cup draws and Rashford hitting the best goal scoring streak of his life
He's spent nearly £300m yet the football is no better than under Ole

Hasn't he essentially scrapped his whole possession/expansive philosophy after they got played off the park and picked off by Brentford and Brighton in the first two games? Basically like Rodgers did at Liverpool after a bad start. Since then they've relied on luck, referees, VAR, a great run of form by Rashford and fast counters. Just like Ole basically.

I think the league has been poor quality this season as well. When the likes of Martinez and Casemiro are put under pressure they fold but they beat up on shit teams who don't get near them and get raved about. Whenever they come up against anyone good Casemiro is always suspended (not at Anfield though).

That matchwinning offside decision in the Manchester derby gave them momentum and was one of the worst decisions i've ever seen, worse than them getting a penalty after the final whistle to win a game one year. Looks like it'll decide the title as well, like the Rodri one last season.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2023, 11:00:58 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #45118 on: April 3, 2023, 11:02:29 am »
Hasn't he essentially scrapped his whole possession/expansive philosophy after they got played off the park and picked off by Brentford and Brighton in the first two games? Basically like Rodgers did at Liverpool after a bad start. Since then they've relied on luck, referees, VAR, a great run of form by Rashford and fast counters. Just like Ole basically.

I think the league has been poor quality this season as well. When the likes of Martinez and Casemiro are put under pressure they fold but they beat up on shit teams who don't get near them and get raved about. Whenever they come up against anyone good Casemiro is always suspended (not at Anfield though).

That matchwinning offside decision in the Manchester derby gave them momentum and was one of the worst decisions i've ever seen, worse than them getting a penalty after the final whistle to win a game one year. Looks like it'll decide the title as well, like the Rodri one last season.
I think it is no accident that sides like Liverpool, Newcastle, Brighton etc. are able to turn them over so easily, they are not a physical side at all. As soon as a side comes that can push them around a bit, they fold.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45119 on: April 3, 2023, 11:05:58 am »
Was at a wedding during the week and unfortunately was lumbered at the table with the brides two united supporting brothers. During the usual wedding chit chat bollox both said they see no issue with any sport washers taking over the club as it will enable them to "start spending money to challenge". When i pointed out they in fact have the highest net spend in all of world football over the last 10 years (they've actually outspent City by 78 million in that time) the conversation swiftly changed to FSG pushing the super league and how they wanted to ruin football etc...

These lads in my eyes are representative of the stupidity of not just the average United fan but football fans in general these days. It's like a Trumponian mindset where logic and facts are not welcome and the lie repeated enough becomes the truth. Then again when you've muppets like Neville telling them it's true feeding the narrative it's no wonder football is where it is in 2023.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?