Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888451 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #15520 on: March 31, 2023, 04:34:43 pm »
Especially now they've banned peanuts.  >:(
Not much use on a long haul flight though is it - not exactly a long read like.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #15521 on: March 31, 2023, 04:43:40 pm »
Available for his country again but not for us…Klopp must be fed up making excuses for him…a fraud of a player.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #15522 on: March 31, 2023, 05:26:30 pm »
Its just comedy isnt it. Klopp shouldnt even mention it anymore, just a few more months and he'll be outta here.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15523 on: March 31, 2023, 05:58:50 pm »
Available for his country again but not for us…Klopp must be fed up making excuses for him…a fraud of a player.

Klopp didn't play him while he was available for us. It makes no difference now if he's injured or not, to the team anyway. Feel sorry for him getting inured so much though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15524 on: March 31, 2023, 06:35:09 pm »
Unfortunate that it didn’t work out and these things happen I guess. In terms of assessing how good he was when he was actually fit to play, whilst he did have some very good games, I don’t think Klopp ever trusted him that much. He also happened to be underrated and overrated at the same time.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #15525 on: March 31, 2023, 06:53:49 pm »
An absolute enigma this guy. Was so excited when we signed him, bought into all the hype and stat-bomb charts as much as anyone. "He's like Iniesta and Mascherano in one" they said.

Hand on heart a player hasn't confused me as much as Naby. He's had some decent games for us, but that's it. The hype wasn't his fault at all, that's the unfortunate Twitter football world we live in. His injury record has been atrocious, and I wonder whether he had what was needed mentally.

Who am I to question anyone who has performed at an elite level? I do absolutely hate all the spin and hype that comes around players though in this day and age. That's done for him as much as anything else, the unrealistic hype on his back before he'd even kicked a ball.
JFT97

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15526 on: March 31, 2023, 07:26:25 pm »
Who am I to question anyone who has performed at an elite level? I do absolutely hate all the spin and hype that comes around players though in this day and age. That's done for him as much as anything else, the unrealistic hype on his back before he'd even kicked a ball.

To answer your question, you're a supporter who has probably seen loads of football. As a Liverpool supporter it means you've also seen loads of great football.

As for the hype and spin try and ignore it. But get out of your mind that such things have somehow "done" for Keita. They haven't. Practically all footballers come to Liverpool with "hype and spin" and it does nothing to affect them. It doesn't make them better, it doesn't make them worse. Jurgen and the new player's teammates do that. So does the aura and mystique of playing for LFC. 

For whatever reason, Keita was made worse. We all have our theories. I think it has a lot to do with his basic lack of strength and physical courage. The Bundesliga was kind to him and did nothing to expose these weaknesses. The Premier League was cruel. He started well enough. His best sustained spell at Liverpool was in his first couple of months. But he's been on a slow decline since then in a league he's not equipped for. When the Reds are 3-0 up and sauntering Keita can come good. But if there's a bit of a struggle on he's nowhere to be found. Jurgen didn't use him in the run-in two seasons ago when we were scrambling for 4th place, even though he was fit. He was surplus to requirements this season too, despite the fact that Thiago is out. That says a lot.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15527 on: March 31, 2023, 07:30:38 pm »
When the Reds are 3-0 up and sauntering Keita can come good. But if there's a bit of a struggle on he's nowhere to be found.

;D You don't half write some nonsense on Naby

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #15528 on: March 31, 2023, 07:46:55 pm »
He will be a regular on Saturday evening Casualty when he finishes with us.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15529 on: March 31, 2023, 07:49:34 pm »
;D You don't half write some nonsense on Naby

I wish I did.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15530 on: March 31, 2023, 08:34:33 pm »
Waste of time and money by us. He had a handful of good games for us.  Won't be missed by anyone.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15531 on: March 31, 2023, 08:43:17 pm »
I was at least hoping he could give something back this season. Instead it’s his worst season with us, constant injuries, half time subs and playing like a wet sock. Just meh, can’t wait to see him gone and replaced by anyone.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15532 on: March 31, 2023, 08:51:40 pm »
I would not be surprised if he is actually injured  - just the club and Klopp taking any questions about him off the table. He's probably already been told that he won't play the rest of the season (most likely after he got hooked at halftime of that last game a few weeks back).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15533 on: March 31, 2023, 09:02:57 pm »
To answer your question, you're a supporter who has probably seen loads of football. As a Liverpool supporter it means you've also seen loads of great football.

As for the hype and spin try and ignore it. But get out of your mind that such things have somehow "done" for Keita. They haven't. Practically all footballers come to Liverpool with "hype and spin" and it does nothing to affect them. It doesn't make them better, it doesn't make them worse. Jurgen and the new player's teammates do that. So does the aura and mystique of playing for LFC. 

For whatever reason, Keita was made worse. We all have our theories. I think it has a lot to do with his basic lack of strength and physical courage. The Bundesliga was kind to him and did nothing to expose these weaknesses. The Premier League was cruel. He started well enough. His best sustained spell at Liverpool was in his first couple of months. But he's been on a slow decline since then in a league he's not equipped for. When the Reds are 3-0 up and sauntering Keita can come good. But if there's a bit of a struggle on he's nowhere to be found. Jurgen didn't use him in the run-in two seasons ago when we were scrambling for 4th place, even though he was fit. He was surplus to requirements this season too, despite the fact that Thiago is out. That says a lot.

He definitely can be classed as a bit of a fair weather player, but I think it’s a bit harsh to say he is a player who only looks good when the rest of the team is leading and in charge. Last season he dominated both Kante and Bernardo Silva in the League Cup final and FA Cup semi final, two games which we really had to work hard for. He also was excellent against United in the 5-0, albeit they are shite.

But yes no matter how many flashes of good he ability he showed, he isn’t cut out for the Premier League and also there is no doubt that Klopp still had reservations about him even when he was fit.

Could this be looked at as a warning about not just looking at the stats/taking the word of nerds when signing footballers?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 09:05:49 pm by killer-heels »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15534 on: March 31, 2023, 09:12:51 pm »
He definitely can be classed as a bit of a fair weather player, but I think it’s a bit harsh to say he is a player who only looks good when the rest of the team is leading and in charge. Last season he dominated both Kante and Bernardo Silva in the League Cup final and FA Cup semi final, two games which we really had to work hard for. He also was excellent against United in the 5-0, albeit they are shite.

But yes no matter how many flashes of good he ability he showed, he isn’t cut out for the Premier League and also there is no doubt that Klopp still had reservations about him even when he was fit.

Could this be looked at as a warning about not just looking at the stats/taking the word of nerds when signing footballers?

Not sure anyone could have predicted he’s not be able to stay fit for long enough spells to get established.  There was nothing in his past to suggest it.

I think the reservations and lack of trust came from that, it was seen too much of a risk to start him a lot of times, for fear he’d not last much of the match, and they spend the previous days planning with a particular line up, so that’d become frustrating.

I’ll always see Keita as a player who did have the talent and attributes, but no one could have predicted what would happen - that he’d just become a sicknote of epic proportions, who ended up being a spare part who understandibly was not trusted by the coaching staff by the end of it all.

Online Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15535 on: April 1, 2023, 12:28:25 am »
A complete and utter waste of time. He's cost the club millions in transfer fees and wages with little return.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15536 on: April 1, 2023, 03:43:19 am »

Maybe. If lack of physical strength and endurance are major reasons for his failure then you'd think some of the metrics would show that, so the nerds should be listened to.  If it was more down to his introverted character then that's one for the "man managers" and "football people" rather than the nerds.

It'd be interesting to learn whether anyone involved in the process identified these weaknesses, and if so why those warnings were not heeded.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15537 on: April 1, 2023, 06:18:52 am »
Maybe. If lack of physical strength and endurance are major reasons for his failure then you'd think some of the metrics would show that, so the nerds should be listened to.  If it was more down to his introverted character then that's one for the "man managers" and "football people" rather than the nerds.

It'd be interesting to learn whether anyone involved in the process identified these weaknesses, and if so why those warnings were not heeded.

I don’t there is any metric in the world that can account for league games in one country versus league games in the premiership. There isn’t an algorithm for how a player will be on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke/Sean Dyche Burnley/Huddersfield/some other horrible typical English club.

I think Keita had his uses, he was very good at unlocking those teams who packed their 18 yard box and he could work his way through with his dribbling etc… however clearly the issue with him has been lack of consistency. His body has failed him or he has given up or whatnot which overall for a club like us is not of much use to us. A shame but as we know not all signings come good and this can be filed under that category.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15538 on: April 1, 2023, 07:01:08 am »
I don’t there is any metric in the world that can account for league games in one country versus league games in the premiership. There isn’t an algorithm for how a player will be on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke/Sean Dyche Burnley/Huddersfield/some other horrible typical English club.

Do people not realise that it gets just as cold and shit playing in Bremen as it does in the PL in the middle of winter? It's not like he's transferred from FC Nassau.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15539 on: April 1, 2023, 08:57:22 am »
Amazing to see people claiming he was too shy as a reason for why a player who is constantly injured failed, it's almost like they're trying to find a valid reason to blame him rather than it just being unfortunate for all parties.

He was pretty robust before he joined us and has been made of glass since, we've made some mistakes buying injury prone players but he seems like a genuine case of bad luck.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15540 on: April 1, 2023, 09:58:15 am »
Should’ve been moved on in the summer really to recoup some funds; the squad will be better when he’s replaced with someone who has much more availability.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15541 on: April 1, 2023, 10:05:06 am »
Should’ve been moved on in the summer really to recoup some funds; the squad will be better when he’s replaced with someone who has much more availability.

Which offers did we reject?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15542 on: April 1, 2023, 10:07:52 am »

I saw an ad on Facebook Marketplace but no one seemed interested
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15543 on: April 1, 2023, 10:19:50 am »

That’s exactly how selling players works, yep.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #15544 on: April 1, 2023, 10:28:28 am »
That’s exactly how selling players works, yep.

You have to have an offer first.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15545 on: April 1, 2023, 10:35:00 am »

You can also tell his agent to pimp him out to anyone that'll listen as he isn't part of the future plans.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15546 on: April 1, 2023, 10:38:07 am »

Offers don’t just arrive in the post, they come through months of back channeling between agents and sporting directors and various other parties.

We were obviously happy to keep for him this season knowing we’d lose him for nothing at the end of it. Clearly the club didn’t know we’d need the type of midfield rebuild we’d need, or perhaps they’d have done more recruitment in the summer, but for a club who operates with a somewhat sell to buy model we’re letting a lot of players leave for free heading into summer when we need more investment than ever.

Anyway this is getting too transfer focused and there is a thread for that - very talented player, didn’t work out, in my opinion should have done more to move him on earlier, prevailing memory will be him mauling Bernardo Silva at Wembley.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15547 on: April 1, 2023, 10:39:00 am »
You can also tell his agent to pimp him out to anyone that'll listen as he isn't part of the future plans.

Exactly, another type of complacency we showed in summer.

Online Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #15548 on: April 1, 2023, 10:45:57 am »
A complete and utter waste of time. He's cost the club millions in transfer fees and wages with little return.

This. Not sure any of our previous duds can even compare to this one.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15549 on: April 1, 2023, 10:47:48 am »
Exactly, another type of complacency we showed in summer.

So you know we didn’t do that? :D It seems pretty clear that we were never offering him a new contract, do you not think that’s enough of an indicator to him and his agent, and other clubs? People like you slaughter the guy, he never plays cos he’s injured, when he does he’s not particularly great…but you still expect clubs to be bashing down our door for him. Odd.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15550 on: April 1, 2023, 10:51:40 am »
So you know we didn’t do that? :D It seems pretty clear that we were never offering him a new contract, do you not think that’s enough of an indicator to him and his agent, and other clubs? People like you slaughter the guy, he never plays cos he’s injured, when he does he’s not particularly great…but you still expect clubs to be bashing down our door for him. Odd.

End of the day none of us know what went on behind the scenes, but I reckon if we made him available at 10-15m there would definitely have been some interest.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15551 on: April 1, 2023, 10:54:45 am »
He's never been an important player for us, but until this season you could always count on him to do a job if he was coming in the side for an injured Thiago, Henderson or Wijnaldum. At the very least he was competent, and that's probably why we never sold him. This year he's looked pretty rubbish and watching him play now feels similar to watching Sturridge during his final year or two. You wonder if he's physically declined or holding back out of fear of another injury. In a Klopp midfield you need to be a willing runner and strong in duels and he is neither these days.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15552 on: April 1, 2023, 10:57:26 am »
End of the day none of us know what went on behind the scenes, but I reckon if we made him available at 10-15m there would definitely have been some interest.

In the summer with 12 months on his contract? :D Get out. He’s practically had one season where he’s played a sensible amount of games. He’s on big money. He’s just not a player clubs are going to want to spend money on. As a free he might make sense. Which is why there’s been zero concrete interest reported despite him very obviously not having a long term future here.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15553 on: April 1, 2023, 11:00:25 am »
Good luck to him I guess, he won't be getting any contracts like the one he's on now.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15554 on: April 1, 2023, 11:04:42 am »
Waste of time and money by us. He had a handful of good games for us.  Won't be missed by anyone.

One of the most disappointing transfers ever for us. The hype surrounding him was insane at the time. We all saw the lung-busting runs and screamers he was scoring in Germany and thought we were getting another Steven Gerrard/YaYa Toure-type player. But barring a few good performances, he's been anything but really. Nobody will be arsed when he leaves.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15555 on: April 1, 2023, 11:17:25 am »

Or you could be his agent, waiting for him to go for free when his contract runs down so that they could both make shitloads of money.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15556 on: April 1, 2023, 11:18:45 am »
This. Not sure any of our previous duds can even compare to this one.

Aqualani say's "Hi".

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15557 on: April 1, 2023, 11:20:37 am »

should have moved him on a few years ago, just not durable enough for Liverpool, decent player on his day, hope he gets a move to a league that suits him

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15558 on: April 1, 2023, 11:24:31 am »
In the summer with 12 months on his contract? :D Get out. He’s practically had one season where he’s played a sensible amount of games. He’s on big money. He’s just not a player clubs are going to want to spend money on. As a free he might make sense. Which is why there’s been zero concrete interest reported despite him very obviously not having a long term future here.

Never mind this shit. Get your acca pick in

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15559 on: April 1, 2023, 11:26:19 am »
It just didn't start well imo. I didn't hope much from him after his 2nd season. Unlucky for him and us, the injuries screwed him bad.