Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2009284 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #14480 on: August 23, 2022, 09:47:04 am »
He's the forward version of Milner. Good to have in the squad, back up/rotation player but pretty much past it and shouldn't be starting big games. Would we better off with Minamino at this point?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #14481 on: August 23, 2022, 09:52:27 am »
At times he was playing more in CM yesterday defending than an actual CF - second striker...

with proper midfield, he would have no need to be so defensive yesterday...

I don't think he is done done... just needs to play as an actuall attacker
But it was the same story against Fulham with Henderson, Thaigo and Fabinho playing. We looked toothless upfront with Firmino dropping deeper and deeper but losing possession. Then Nunez came on, played as an out and out forward and we looked like scoring with every attack. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14482 on: August 23, 2022, 10:01:34 am »
I think he benefitted more from Mane, Salah than they did from him but the narrative has always been the opposite. Still feel he can contribute, would let him walk in the summer though

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #14483 on: August 23, 2022, 10:08:44 am »
I don't think he helps himself dropping into defensive midfield position or the team for that matter, opposition defence has one less player to worry about

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #14484 on: August 23, 2022, 10:17:34 am »
Just dont trust him to finish clear cut chances

its time for him to go
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14485 on: August 23, 2022, 10:28:26 am »
Was fuming when he played that absolutely idiotic looped pass in the first half when we had an opportunity to create a good chance. Everything about his game is now sadly in decline.

Obviously a club legend, but needs to be moved on next year.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14486 on: August 23, 2022, 10:31:02 am »
Was fuming when he played that absolutely idiotic looped pass in the first half when we had an opportunity to create a good chance. Everything about his game is now sadly in decline.

Yeah that was grim, Henderson lost his rag at him when he played that pass.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14487 on: August 23, 2022, 10:39:10 am »
Do not let a player's legs go on your pitch.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14488 on: August 23, 2022, 10:39:41 am »
Yesterday provided more evidence to suggest his legs have gone and that he is increasingly becoming a player that simply decorates games as opposed to running them. I'd be surprised if we renew his contract in the summer (but then again we renewed Milners..)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14489 on: August 23, 2022, 10:40:42 am »

We need to be more ruthless as fans too. He was clearly finished at this level SEASONS ago but many were judging him using the red tinted frames of nostalgia.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14490 on: August 23, 2022, 12:06:12 pm »
Do not let a player's legs go on your pitch.

Paisley was right then and it’s just as true today. This is the only criticism I have of Klopp. He’s a little too sentimental and not ruthless enough with ageing players.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14491 on: August 27, 2022, 01:36:37 am »
We need to be more ruthless as fans too. He was clearly finished at this level SEASONS ago but many were judging him using the red tinted frames of nostalgia.

That damn idiot Klopp doesn't know what he's doing playing Bobby all these years does he.  :lmao :lmao :lmao
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline yes

• no. prog punditry
  • Kopite
  • I got the ill communication
« Reply #14492 on: August 27, 2022, 02:01:35 am »
That damn idiot Klopp doesn't know what he's doing playing Bobby all these years does he.  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Ah, the 'appeal to authority' logical fallacy.

You could of course look at it the other way and ask if Bobby has still got it why has Klopp sanctioned 3 big money attackers in the last couple of years?
And why was Jota the first of those signings and why did we immediately see a better measurable output from Jota the minute he took Bobby's place in the team?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14493 on: August 27, 2022, 06:42:10 am »
Paisley was right then and it’s just as true today. This is the only criticism I have of Klopp. He’s a little too sentimental and not ruthless enough with ageing players.

A similar fault to Shankly who stuck with his first title winning team too long e.g St John

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14494 on: August 27, 2022, 07:38:09 am »
It’s not like Klopp is picking him as our starting striker ahead of all other options. He probably thought he’d be useful to get some minutes in a busy season but probably now behind Nunez and Jota in the pecking order. We could change things and maybe play Mo centrally or look to do something differently.

I think Bobby off the bench or starting certain games to help keep things fresh still has something to offer. It’s unfortunate circumstances (to say the least) that’s seen him having to start the last couple.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14495 on: August 27, 2022, 07:48:23 am »
That’s true but he’s on a lot of money and he’s a senior first team player. If he can’t effectively contribute when starting games anymore… why is he still here?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14496 on: August 27, 2022, 08:45:34 am »

I agree. Anyone at Anfield today should boo him every time he gets the ball. Let him know we think he's done and shouldn't be in the side.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14497 on: August 27, 2022, 08:56:45 am »
When the coaching team are using inexplicable tactics, Bobby will suffer.
Whilst Bobby is playing why not use the front 3 like we used to. We might even win.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14498 on: August 27, 2022, 09:57:09 am »
Our tweak in system and positioning pretty much renders him blunt at the moment.

Mo and Diaz are starting much wider than previously. The full backs appear to be the runners from deep. It’s worked a treat when we’ve had Darwin on the pitch as a focal 9, but the way Bobby plays the game means it gives centre backs an easy nights work at the moment. We have created multiple chances when Darwin has been on the pitch and I think there has been a clear tactical shift. But when Bobby is occupying that role, I think we perhaps should be reverting to type. The average position map the other night was horrible.

Prince of a player at his best and I think he could offer us something in midfield

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14499 on: August 27, 2022, 10:19:12 am »
Our tweak in system and positioning pretty much renders him blunt at the moment.

Mo and Diaz are starting much wider than previously. The full backs appear to be the runners from deep. It’s worked a treat when we’ve had Darwin on the pitch as a focal 9, but the way Bobby plays the game means it gives centre backs an easy nights work at the moment. We have created multiple chances when Darwin has been on the pitch and I think there has been a clear tactical shift. But when Bobby is occupying that role, I think we perhaps should be reverting to type. The average position map the other night was horrible.

Prince of a player at his best and I think he could offer us something in midfield
Im not convinced it has.  We are asking the best forward in the league to play right wing.  It doesnt add up.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14500 on: August 27, 2022, 02:16:21 pm »
I thought he was crap against United but I read a piece about how he played and his role so its probable that he did the role he was told to do to a decent level. I know he vacated the middle, but Klopp said he wanted Diaz and Salah less wide.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14501 on: August 27, 2022, 03:10:56 pm »
That’s true but he’s on a lot of money and he’s a senior first team player. If he can’t effectively contribute when starting games anymore… why is he still here?

Should we pay him his wages this week?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14502 on: August 27, 2022, 03:31:47 pm »
Is that a hat-trick of assists today?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14503 on: August 27, 2022, 03:32:17 pm »
99 goals for Bob.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14504 on: August 27, 2022, 03:32:42 pm »

A goal and three assists in just over half an hour.

Happy with his contribution today? Seems pretty effective to be fair.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14505 on: August 27, 2022, 03:32:45 pm »
Is that a hat-trick of assists today?

Yeah think so, though the second one was a complete flub on his part.  Goal too now, lovely.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14506 on: August 27, 2022, 03:33:17 pm »
3 Assists and 1 Goal today...so far.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14507 on: August 27, 2022, 03:34:06 pm »
Yeah think so, though the second one was a complete flub on his part.  Goal too now, lovely.

Let him off for that one ;D

And now a goal as well. What a guy!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14508 on: August 27, 2022, 03:34:08 pm »

Oh my
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14509 on: August 27, 2022, 03:34:50 pm »
Oh my

He got the transfers right though. Swings and roundabouts.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14510 on: August 27, 2022, 03:35:10 pm »
He has turned up and what a performance he is putting in.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14511 on: August 27, 2022, 03:40:40 pm »
A goal and three assists in just over half an hour.

Happy with his contribution today? Seems pretty effective to be fair.

Yep great stuff!!!

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #14512 on: August 27, 2022, 03:41:10 pm »
The rumour of his death is greatly exaggerated

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14513 on: August 27, 2022, 03:44:18 pm »
The rumour of his death is greatly exaggerated

To play devils advocate it is against Bournemouth. We need this kind of Bobby against the better teams.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14514 on: August 27, 2022, 03:48:41 pm »
Sir Bobby.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14515 on: August 27, 2022, 03:49:54 pm »
To play devils advocate it is against Bournemouth. We need this kind of Bobby against the better teams.

But he's basically a squad player now, and this is the exact type of game he should be starting (assuming everyone is fit) and contributing to.  Great half from him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #14516 on: August 27, 2022, 03:51:09 pm »

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14517 on: August 27, 2022, 03:51:16 pm »
Bobby isn't match fit.

The demise of Roberto Firmino is not upon us.

A little more match fit today..  ;)  :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14518 on: August 27, 2022, 03:51:41 pm »

He played well against Man City in the Community Shield as well. But if he performs at a high level against these types of teams then he's still a useful player for us.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14519 on: August 27, 2022, 03:54:43 pm »

Deserves a bit more respect from some supporters, regardless of the opposition. Especially when things like this have been posted about him very recently:

He might not be the player he was at his peak. But to say he was finished at this level seasons ago and he's judged on nostalgia is absolute nonsense. He's still good enough to contribute meaningfully to this team.