Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich  (Read 162629 times)

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
« Reply #720 on: September 20, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »
Hmm whats Marcelo Bielsa up to these days?

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #721 on: September 20, 2015, 06:59:31 pm »
I'm happy with Rodgers being given until Christmas but if that affects any chance of us getting Klopp then we should re-consider. Klopp would be a hand in glove fit for Liverpool and chance to upset the establishment and re-invogorate the club and put some energy into the stands.

This has reached Hodgson levels of disenchantment almost now, and we are seeing nothing to suggest theres going to be any improvement.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: September 20, 2015, 06:59:31 pm »
Relentless attacking football?  :P
that extra attacking training they are doing as well, hahaha

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:02 pm »
We are THE only side in the league not to have scored more than 1 goal in any of their games so far this season.

Strange, because I was told here in summer that Rodgers' footballing philosophy is all about relentless attack and "Goals".

We only need a goalscorer mate and we will be laughing.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #724 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:12 pm »
The league table is a comparative tool

It's not the only one....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:12 pm »
Sturridge missed a one on one
Ditto Coutinho and Ings.
Milner should have scored.
Our Goalie weakly flapped at the ball and .... of course it ended up at the feet of their centre half who volley lobs defences and goalkeepers all the time ... Shit happens, again.
None of the above are Brendans fault.
As far as I remember Migs had one other shot to save (excellent save too).
We were far the superior team. What we are lacking is confidence. Simple but ....
The team and the support (and management ?) all lack confidence.
Not buying a better keeper is Brendan's fault.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #726 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »
We are THE only side in the league not to have scored more than 1 goal in any of their games so far this season.

Strange, because I was told here in summer that Rodgers' footballing philosophy is all about relentless attack and "Goals".

He spent 60m on goals apparently, where does goals went God only knows.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #727 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:40 pm »
'That dense' because we don't agree with you? Look at our October fixtures. Do you honesty think we'll pick up more than 4 points there? How do you know the team will 'get better'. What evidence is there for this? If by getting better you mean score more than one goal in a game then yes we might improve but results this year suggest we're a poor side and these recent results aren't a blip.

That dense because anyone with any real intelligence knows you need a sample of enough games to determine how a team will play in the long-run. All it takes for us is to win the next couple games and we suddenly change the trajectory in a major way. It's only less stupid than coming after the 1st game of the season and saying we'd win the league - 6 games in is also stupid, just less stupid.

You say look at the October fixtures; I say look at the ones after that. Do you not understand that it really doesn't matter when you face certain teams as you also are bound to face the others soon enough. If we have tough fixtures in October, it means we have easier fixtures elsewhere. Eventually, you play all 19 teams, 2 times.

I don't 'know' the team will get better; what I do know is that Rodgers, every season he has been our manager, has improved us significantly near halfway of the season. He gets it going. In all the other seasons he started slowly - even in our title challenge.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:41 pm »
Carragher just said we haven't scored more than 1 goal in 18 of our last 20 games. Christ.

And Rodgers is meant to be this master class of attacking football.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #729 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:41 pm »
NO

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:53 pm »
Once he gets sacked by us, I don't even see any Premier league side offering him a job. He will probably work for a Championship side after a long break.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:56 pm »

Please not Bielsa, you get the initial bump then it all goes tits up

It's not the only one....

:lmao :lmao
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:57 pm »
Sturridge missed a one on one
Ditto Coutinho and Ings.
Milner should have scored.
Our Goalie weakly flapped at the ball and .... of course it ended up at the feet of their centre half who volley lobs defences and goalkeepers all the time ... Shit happens, again.
None of the above are Brendans fault.
As far as I remember Migs had one other shot to save (excellent save too).
We were far the superior team. What we are lacking is confidence. Simple but ....
The team and the support (and management ?) all lack confidence.

If your team can't afford to waste a few chances at home to Norwich, you've probably not built a side that will win a damn thing.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: September 20, 2015, 07:01:05 pm »
I think people shouldn't get their hopes up about Brendan getting the boot just yet. I think it'll need to get much, much worse before FSG become tempted to pull the trigger. Hopefully, it won't get to that point and results will improve, but I am starting to have my doubts.

They won't do anything yet, that's for sure. We'll see a month from now.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #734 on: September 20, 2015, 07:01:05 pm »
Our squad is shite, our first XI is shite, our tactics are shite.

Football is shite, something needs to happen quick (I'm not calling for Brendan's head, but something needs to happen somewhere) before we become Newcastle.

We've got three or four players worthy of wearing the Liverpool Shirt

£300 million quid?! For that shit.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: September 20, 2015, 07:01:20 pm »
I really wonder what Rodgers' record is like if you compare all the games with Suarez to the games without him.  Has anyone ever posted a comparison?
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: September 20, 2015, 07:01:28 pm »
Played well second half, unlucky not to have won. There were positives, it was another poor first half but we were transformed once ings came on and we looked really dangerous. On another day it could have been 2-3 nil.

Need to win these next two games.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #737 on: September 20, 2015, 07:01:59 pm »
Milner with one of the worst 90 minute performances you will ever see.

And probably should have taken him off corners after the 5th or 6th shite one in a row.

Milner can't or should I say won't be taken off cause he is this year's Steven Gerrard. Rodgers signed him as Gerrards replacement in the squad, to add experience. Brendan first of all rates him way too highly (he is a good solid pro no more and no less works hard but can look like a bit of a headless chicken.)Talks him up, practically guarantees him a place in midfield then he gets the number 7 shirt and is made vice captain. He is the new sacred cow. I would be surprised if he gets moved out of midfield let alone gets taken off /dropped.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: September 20, 2015, 07:02:17 pm »
How many points we'll get against  Everton,Tottenham,Man City,Chelsea all away from home?
We have a tough schedule,top4 will be gone very early if we keep that form.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #739 on: September 20, 2015, 07:02:30 pm »
Our squad is shite, our first XI is shite, our tactics are shite.

Football is shite, something needs to happen quick (I'm not calling for Brendan's head, but something needs to happen somewhere) before we become Newcastle.

We've got three or four players worthy of wearing the Liverpool Shirt

£300 million quid?! For that shit.

Our squad isn't shite. Sorry, not having that.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2015, 07:02:41 pm »
my heart sank the day in the summer when it was announced Brendan was staying. I got behind him but this is too much. He hasn't risen to the status of Liverpool FC, he's taking us down to his level.

Even if we get someone in now I fear the season is wrecked. Its on decisions like this that football clubs get ruined. We should have had a new man in who had the whole summer to prepare. Instead, this risible mediocrity persists.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #741 on: September 20, 2015, 07:02:47 pm »
I don't 'know' the team will get better; what I do know is that Rodgers, every season he has been our manager, has improved us significantly near halfway of the season. He gets it going. In all the other seasons he started slowly - even in our title challenge.

:lmao

And what, exactly, has been achieved by that?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:09 pm »
Our squad is shite, good our first XI is shite good, our tactics are shite.

One out of 3.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:16 pm »
Just realised it's the derby soon. Fucking hell, I really hope he's gone by then, can't deal with us getting comfortably beat by those pricks
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:16 pm »
We only need a goalscorer mate and we will be laughing.

:lmao

Im laughing now! That's hilarious!

:'(
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:16 pm »
That dense because anyone with any real intelligence knows you need a sample of enough games to determine how a team will play in the long-run. All it takes for us is to win the next couple games and we suddenly change the trajectory in a major way. It's only less stupid than coming after the 1st game of the season and saying we'd win the league - 6 games in is also stupid, just less stupid.

You say look at the October fixtures; I say look at the ones after that. Do you not understand that it really doesn't matter when you face certain teams as you also are bound to face the others soon enough. If we have tough fixtures in October, it means we have easier fixtures elsewhere. Eventually, you play all 19 teams, 2 times.

I rest my case

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:30 pm »
got to a cup final, unlike rodgers
so we hire one c*nt after another? are you for fucking real?
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:34 pm »
That dense because anyone with any real intelligence knows you need a sample of enough games to determine how a team will play in the long-run.
Carragher just said we haven't scored more than 1 goal in 18 of our last 20 games. Christ.
4 wins in 18? Is that correct?
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:54 pm »
I'll pass.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2015, 07:04:07 pm »
We've been robbed, again. He's not even good enough to lace Stevies boots let alone replace him.

This is the problem....people thought he was coming in to replace SG - totally different players, positions, styles, temperament, attitude and people.
Milner is a handy squad player, nothing more....unless played wide but we play with pace so he may not be ideal?
Oh no we did play with pace but now we defend....or do we counter?

Anyone....?

::)
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: September 20, 2015, 07:04:16 pm »
so we hire one c*nt after another? are you for fucking real?
got a big one here ;D

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #752 on: September 20, 2015, 07:04:22 pm »
The result wasn't good. I'm no fan of three at the back. But Moreno did well high up the pitch. Lucas did well. Sturridge, Milner and Coutinho had really good chances and at least one of them should have scored. Doesn't matter what formation you play, you need to score when you get those types of chances.

Moreno played well yep.

I didn't see the sense in playing 3 centre halves today at all.

We defo should have started with a back 4 & Lucas holding.

Norwich at home..5 defenders,i'm still in awe of our opposition.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #753 on: September 20, 2015, 07:04:58 pm »
Ooooh, so it took big bad ruthless FSG TWO years of last place finishes (and almost having the worst record in ALL of the American league for TWO years to finally do something?? 

FSG also got rid of their game commentator as well. Ruthless, yes sir.  ::)

I have no idea of their recent history. I'm a Blue Jays fan so I don't give a flying....

However, they are making changes now. And I can imagine that they are preoccupied now. That is all.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #754 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:11 pm »
Just realised it's the derby soon. Fucking hell, I really hope he's gone by then, can't deal with us getting comfortably beat by those pricks

Get your red cards out.
I reckon you could make it even better...maybe blow it up make it A4 size... really get some momentum behind it

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:24 pm »
Please not Bielsa, you get the initial bump then it all goes tits up

Ok, maybe be we should consult coco then, had lots of faults but could at least spot a decent manager.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #756 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:47 pm »

How many points out of a possible 57 did we get in the 2nd half of last season??
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:52 pm »
I'm happy with Rodgers being given until Christmas but if that affects any chance of us getting Klopp then we should re-consider. Klopp would be a hand in glove fit for Liverpool and chance to upset the establishment and re-invogorate the club and put some energy into the stands.

This has reached Hodgson levels of disenchantment almost now, and we are seeing nothing to suggest theres going to be any improvement.

There's a way to go yet. Rafa got dog abuse from the media despite his many triumphs in such testing circumstance. This guy is still getting a free ride...it's kinda like the corbyn thing. Only once they openly start questioning him will it ramp up proper.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:56 pm »
There was an interesting article last night in the Independent you should have a look at if you haven't already, went into a lot of detail about what's been going on at the club over the past year and apparently FSG aren't keen on Klopp because they've been warned off him by someone.

Well if that's true it can be only the one and only Darling to all rich Jewish American owners of British football clubs past and present Jurgen Klinsmann.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: September 20, 2015, 07:06:21 pm »
I have no idea of their recent history. I'm a Blue Jays fan so I don't give a flying....

However, they are making changes now. And I can imagine that they are preoccupied now. That is all.
yupk watching the jays spank their sox