Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 961375 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #3160 on: June 3, 2019, 09:19:27 pm »
How could anyone miss out on Van Dijk train?  ;D Utterly bonkers.

He was a colossus at Southampton, we were held 0-0 at St. Mary's once & it was completely down to him. A few games & videos would've had you sold.

As for DM, Klopp liked one at Dortmund (while the other midfielder in the double pivot was more of a distributor), so it always looked like he didn't have the money here to immediately look at this position especially when other positions were in dire straits. So, he did with a makeshift DM until he got one. It was always going to happen, I don't see the surprise/argument there.

It was more the fee than the player  ;D  I now almost feel a bit bad for Southampton, cos it ended up being daylight robbery.   But at the time it seemed nuts to me.

There was some argument against DM's here! Like you, I didn't see the surprise, being as he'd always had one.

Alisson thread been a bit hijacked here! So here is a photo of our great giant of a goalie:

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: June 3, 2019, 09:24:51 pm »

Love this picture. Also if it continued Virgil falls to floor in celebration which was good ;D

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3162 on: June 3, 2019, 09:27:57 pm »
Don’t know where I heard this but apparently we have Christian Doni to thank for making people at the club aware of AB. Obviously he had some good seasons in Italy but we’d been watching for a while.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3163 on: June 3, 2019, 10:10:22 pm »
??

Ask Seedorf if you really don’t know.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3164 on: June 3, 2019, 10:14:06 pm »
Three words:

Positioning, positioning, and footwork.

I have a question on positioning. Is it better to position yourself roughly in the centre of the angle? Or is it justifiable to leave one side more exposed and prompt the attacker to put it there?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: June 3, 2019, 10:20:50 pm »
His handling is fantastic too. He holds on to shots at him consistently & puts enough punch in his clearances.

And so far, we've not even mentioned his passing.

Alisson and Reina at their peak. One plays in goal, the other plays in midfield. Who plays where?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3166 on: June 3, 2019, 10:36:15 pm »
I have a question on positioning. Is it better to position yourself roughly in the centre of the angle? Or is it justifiable to leave one side more exposed and prompt the attacker to put it there?

I’m no goalkeeper but as a striker I’d rather that the keeper gave me more to aim at as I’d be confident that I would score. Therefore in my opinion a good keeper would be covering both sides equally.

However when I did play keeper (not often), I would always feign to dive one way for a penalty and then dive the other way. That’s a tactic that would be easy to spot and so would be counterproductive. I therefore would say that a good keeper would cover both sides equally.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 10:40:20 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: June 3, 2019, 10:41:47 pm »

Was a GK at a decent level back in my day. Positioning is all relative to the striker/ball, but generally as central as possible, though individuals might fool the striker to put it at one side

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: June 3, 2019, 10:56:20 pm »
Was a GK at a decent level back in my day. Positioning is all relative to the striker/ball, but generally as central as possible, though individuals might fool the striker to put it at one side

I went through periods of conventional positioning in the centre of the angle, and leaving one side more open to tempt the attacker into going for that side. Playing at the low level I did, the latter was more effective, especially as you didn't have nousy forwards following up the predictable shot across goal. Leaving the near side more open is, of course, suicidal (as you have less reaction time).
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3169 on: June 3, 2019, 11:03:54 pm »
I went through periods of conventional positioning in the centre of the angle, and leaving one side more open to tempt the attacker into going for that side. Playing at the low level I did, the latter was more effective, especially as you didn't have nousy forwards following up the predictable shot across goal. Leaving the near side more open is, of course, suicidal (as you have less reaction time).
[/b]

It might be effective in the sunday league, but not in professional football against clinical strikers with an eye for small openings. Tho I could see some crazy South American keepers in the 80s doing small ploys like these, especially at penalties etc  ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3170 on: June 3, 2019, 11:16:36 pm »
Alisson and Reina at their peak. One plays in goal, the other plays in midfield. Who plays where?

Reina played in midfield in a preseason game for us once

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3171 on: June 4, 2019, 02:51:58 am »

Here's a handy diagram, but your mileage, as the Yanks say, may vary.

As you can see, you want to slightly cheat to your near post when the ball is off centre, but not by too much. "Centre of the angle and one step out" is how I used to coach it, but then again, I coached keepers in reference to outfield players rather than as a natural keeper coach (which I'm not - I was an attacker so I coached keepers to do things attackers hate, rather than what might be "technically correct")
Better looking than Samie.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3172 on: June 4, 2019, 05:57:20 am »
As a keeper the thing that dictated positioning the most was the body shape and direction of the attacker. For example, someone cutting in is generally going far post, someone heading to touch is going near post. But more important than horizontal positioning is vertical positioning imo. If the attacker is on the 18yard line, being on the 6 yard line instead of the goal line reduces the size of the available goal by something like 30%. Good keepers balance vertical positioning much better than average keepers.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3173 on: June 4, 2019, 07:24:51 am »
What about the near post/far post debate? Commentators often blame goalkeepers for letting in goals at the near post, but surely a near post shot means less reaction time than a far post one. But attackers are taught to go for the far post, presumably to allow ricochets into a danger area where other attackers may be incoming, whereas a near post shot that's saved will be going out.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3174 on: June 4, 2019, 07:35:23 am »
Nah wouldn’t want Pepe back, not after what Achterberg did to him

Well it’s all gone quiet on the Achterberg front this season hasn’t it?  Maybe the previous keepers after Reina were just shite, and like the old saying goes, you can’t polish a turd.

And what did Achteberg do to him? 

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3175 on: June 4, 2019, 07:37:22 am »
Ask Seedorf if you really don’t know.

I don’t think Seedorf is a member on here, so what did he say?

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3176 on: June 4, 2019, 12:51:14 pm »

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3177 on: June 4, 2019, 12:52:59 pm »
Ali seemed to aquire more and more accessories as the parade went on. I think he was giving Kloppo a run for his money with the beers too!

He's a nutter, as all great goalies should be.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3178 on: June 4, 2019, 01:09:19 pm »
He was the highlight of the bus parade for me. Just stood towards the front, flag wrapped around his head, one leg up on a chair, beer in one hand and fist pumping with his other  ;D

Good keepers always seem like good drummers - the slightly mad ones of the group!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: June 4, 2019, 01:20:30 pm »
Considering his first choice was probably Real Madrid at the start of last summer I bet he's so happy they decided not to pay the money now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Grand Chilli

• Main Stander
« Reply #3180 on: June 4, 2019, 01:22:25 pm »
Forget the skills in keeping the ball out of the net, he was worth the transfer fee for that infectious giggle/laugh I've heard in a few videos over the weekend!

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #3181 on: June 4, 2019, 01:24:14 pm »
He`s cool as fuck.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3182 on: June 4, 2019, 01:30:31 pm »
I think there’s a good chance he’s going to be even better next season. Just felt in the last month or two of the season he seemed to become more assured, confident and commanding. Not that he hadn’t made big saves before then but he made some important ones down the stretch.

Think he’ll always take risks the mad bastard but he’ll get away with most. We really are sorted for the best part of the next 10 years which is a great platform for our teams over that period to hopefully become dominant and win many more trophy’s.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3183 on: June 5, 2019, 01:38:30 pm »
World class, played a tremendous part in our strong season.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: June 5, 2019, 02:22:40 pm »
He's tremendous. He and VVD are my two favourite players in the team now and that's a shock even to me because until these guys came into the squad, I don't think I ever had a defender in my list of favourite players. I've always, religiously favoured attacking players. He's a proper world class keeper and he seems to be such a brilliant character around the dressing room as well.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3185 on: June 5, 2019, 04:31:29 pm »
:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3186 on: June 5, 2019, 05:33:39 pm »
Don’t know where I heard this but apparently we have Christian Doni to thank for making people at the club aware of AB. Obviously he had some good seasons in Italy but we’d been watching for a while.

Wow, Doni has done his share then  :wellin

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3187 on: June 5, 2019, 05:36:28 pm »

;D

Tricky one, I'd take both of them in goal if that's possible. We aren't conceding a goal again  8)

If we have to put one of the two in midfield, I'd take Reina in midfield and keep Alisson in goal. Even though their sweeping skills are roughly around the same and both are incredible passers, I think Alisson's handling is a bit better, so I'd let Reina dictate the middle  :lickin

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3188 on: June 5, 2019, 05:50:39 pm »
He's tremendous. He and VVD are my two favourite players in the team now and that's a shock even to me because until these guys came into the squad, I don't think I ever had a defender in my list of favourite players. I've always, religiously favoured attacking players. He's a proper world class keeper and he seems to be such a brilliant character around the dressing room as well.

If there's any time that's hard for Liverpool fans to have favourites, it's now, and I don't mean it in a negative sense. Around 9 years ago, under Hodgson, it was kind of true in a negative way, but even then we had Gerrard and Torres. Carra as well.

But right now, Klopp and Edwards have built a team.

Apart from Alisson and Van Dijk (who could outright be our best players), we have Robertson who is the best Left Back now and is probably the most 'complete' full-back we've had in decades and decades. And then we have a 20 year old superstar in Trent and Matip is increasingly becoming a great CB partner for Van Dijk. Not to mention we have Gomez (if he shrugs his injury problems, he could become the Trent version at CB) and Lovren (World Cup finalist, probably the best 3rd/4th choice CB ever in the PL).

Going to midfield, we have Fabinho, who has quickly become one of the fan favourites in his first season with exceptional tackling ability & range of passing. Hendo and Wijnaldum are finally getting the credits they've always deserved, they've been fantastic and under-appreciated for a long long time now. Then, we have Milner, the ever-reliable dura-cell bunny, the senior-most player in the squad and his ribena. And, not to forget Keita, who has plenty to offer in the next few years.

Nothing more needs to be said about our front-three, while Shaqiri and Origi have contributed in crucial moments this season.

This is a great core and squad that we have, we just need 2/3 additions (LB, F and maybe a creative midfielder?) and having favourite players in this squad is really hard.

Full credits to FSG, Klopp and Edwards for the transfer side of it, while credits to Pep, Krawietz and the entire staff for the training side of it. And to the players, of course.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2019, 06:24:12 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3189 on: June 5, 2019, 06:39:21 pm »
I’m no goalkeeper but as a striker I’d rather that the keeper gave me more to aim at as I’d be confident that I would score. Therefore in my opinion a good keeper would be covering both sides equally.

However when I did play keeper (not often), I would always feign to dive one way for a penalty and then dive the other way. That’s a tactic that would be easy to spot and so would be counterproductive. I therefore would say that a good keeper would cover both sides equally.

If we're talking specifically about penalties, in terms of striking, I think those who really succeed consistently are the ones who are extremely consistent in hitting the correct areas with the correct power (Gerrard/Milner), or those who're extremely unpredictable and out-think the Goalkeeper (Balotelli - he had a fantastic penalty record and his run-up confused GKs). The ones who are vulnerable are those who have a pattern in their penalty taking - plenty of ordinary takers have patterns. Salah is going through a phase where he is hitting quite a few of his penalties down the middle, but he will be found out in a while if he continues that, he needs to change it a bit and mix it up.

The same applies to Goalkeepers. The really good ones cannot have a pattern in their diving for penalties. They should randomize their diving as much as possible, unless their research team says something specific about the striker who is up against the GK. There are some teams who don't quite research as much as they need to in all departments, so players with penalty patterns may get away with that, but there are sides who give importance to little details like this player shoots 80% to the left or this GK saves more with his legs, & so on and those players get into trouble when found out. Some GKs try to play percentages and plan to dive the same side, but if it's a common behavior for a GK, then he's a goner.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2019, 06:40:54 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: June 5, 2019, 07:12:20 pm »
If we're talking specifically about penalties, in terms of striking, I think those who really succeed consistently are the ones who are extremely consistent in hitting the correct areas with the correct power (Gerrard/Milner), or those who're extremely unpredictable and out-think the Goalkeeper (Balotelli - he had a fantastic penalty record and his run-up confused GKs). The ones who are vulnerable are those who have a pattern in their penalty taking - plenty of ordinary takers have patterns. Salah is going through a phase where he is hitting quite a few of his penalties down the middle, but he will be found out in a while if he continues that, he needs to change it a bit and mix it up.

The same applies to Goalkeepers. The really good ones cannot have a pattern in their diving for penalties. They should randomize their diving as much as possible, unless their research team says something specific about the striker who is up against the GK. There are some teams who don't quite research as much as they need to in all departments, so players with penalty patterns may get away with that, but there are sides who give importance to little details like this player shoots 80% to the left or this GK saves more with his legs, & so on and those players get into trouble when found out. Some GKs try to play percentages and plan to dive the same side, but if it's a common behavior for a GK, then he's a goner.

I think a stint in goal helps the penalty taker. Without the distractions of moving markers and runners, it's purely a case of striking the ball. When you've had some experience keeping goal, you get a good sense of where the sticks are. You can set your body to hit the ball in one direction, slightly inflect your foot on contact to hit the ball in the other direction, and yet be confident of hitting the target. You don't even need to look at where you're aiming.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: June 6, 2019, 05:47:00 am »
Mad that he played in a Roma team that conceded 5 against us (7 in 2 legs), Van Dijk played in a Southampton team that conceded 6 against us and Robertson played in a Hull team that conceded 5 against us.

And yet those 3 men were signed by Klopp and they've transformed Liverpool from a side that conceded at will to probably the most robust in Europe.

Online Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: June 6, 2019, 10:26:21 pm »

Love this photo
Like a farther hugging his baby 🤗
He was outstanding in the final and semi-final at Anfield ...
Let’s win it again next year..
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 10:28:35 pm by Paul_h »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3193 on: June 7, 2019, 02:11:44 am »
He was the highlight of the bus parade for me. Just stood towards the front, flag wrapped around his head, one leg up on a chair, beer in one hand and fist pumping with his other  ;D

Good keepers always seem like good drummers - the slightly mad ones of the group!

And with that said

https://twitter.com/SamueILFC/status/1136638194777251841

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: June 7, 2019, 02:35:37 am »
Love this photo
Like a farther hugging his baby 🤗
He was outstanding in the final and semi-final at Anfield ...
Let’s win it again next year..

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win it again next year. This team exists for great achievements.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3195 on: June 7, 2019, 03:56:42 am »
;D

Tricky one, I'd take both of them in goal if that's possible. We aren't conceding a goal again  8)

If we have to put one of the two in midfield, I'd take Reina in midfield and keep Alisson in goal. Even though their sweeping skills are roughly around the same and both are incredible passers, I think Alisson's handling is a bit better, so I'd let Reina dictate the middle  :lickin

Maybe not! Have you forgotten's his brief cameo in a friendly during the Rafa days?  ;D ;D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3196 on: June 7, 2019, 04:14:44 am »
Alison is more of a 10 i think, Pepe more of a 6
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: June 7, 2019, 09:17:05 am »
;D

Nah. I've seen Reina play in midfield. He's shit. ;D

Not sure I'd put Alisson in midfield. Better as Virgil's CB partner? He's got some proper skills on him though. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3198 on: June 7, 2019, 11:59:07 am »
Well it’s all gone quiet on the Achterberg front this season hasn’t it?  Maybe the previous keepers after Reina were just shite, and like the old saying goes, you can’t polish a turd.

And what did Achterberg do to him? 
Didn't Klopp mention that it was Achterberg who just would not stop hounding the club to just sign Allison? (even though he prolly already was the favorite)
I think I read that early in the season.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: June 7, 2019, 01:03:19 pm »
And with that said

https://twitter.com/SamueILFC/status/1136638194777251841

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

that picture below the original tweet, him with the case of beer, explains a lot about that day  ;D  I just loved how he was adding more and more accessories as the parade went on. Started out like everyone else, ended up with a flag tied around his head, and about 10 scarves draped over his shoulders.

Mad as a box of frogs.