Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 961440 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #3120 on: June 3, 2019, 01:31:39 pm »
I don't even think he has made that many top saves this season, (top save to me is one you have no right to make)

True but that’s because he is a big keeper who has great positioning and uses his feet well. He makes a great save look routine.
#JFT97

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3121 on: June 3, 2019, 01:31:45 pm »
If Mignolet leaves surely he'd be perfect back up?

Can’t see Milan wanting to let him go, but yeah I’d imagine he’d be a great fit here both in terms of keeping style and personality.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3122 on: June 3, 2019, 01:33:41 pm »
Nah wouldn’t want Pepe back, not after what Achterberg did to him
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3123 on: June 3, 2019, 01:34:44 pm »
For me he is as important as VVD to the team. What an outstanding buy.

In the past we had threads discussing how paying big money for a top class keeper made sense and how keepers were undervalued. Nobody would imply that Alisson wasn’t worth the money (relatively).
#JFT97

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3124 on: June 3, 2019, 01:40:59 pm »

I think he's more important because of who he replaced. We'd had weak goalkeepers for close to a decade if you include Reina's drastic downturn in form from c. 2011, whereas our central defenders have rarely been weak during that time-frame; they've just not been top bracket like VVD.

A goalkeeper with poor technique and/or poor mentality would have eventually crumbled in that second half. Let's be honest Spurs peppered our goal with some decent strikes. For him to avert all of them from the danger zone was phenomenal.

He doesn't get the recognition because he's very orthodox in most ways. Whereas a goalkeeper like De Gea reacts much later, as well as utilising his legs more often, which can make his saves look more spectacular. But actually his save rate is consistently worse, especially from distance.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3125 on: June 3, 2019, 01:53:13 pm »
What a role he played in the CL campaign considering we went through on goal difference in the group stages. Every single save he made, especially against Napoli and PSG away (everyone remember the Napoli home) ensured we qualified. Was immense in the home leg against Barca as well and very assured in the final. Brilliant first full season.

Also want to say a few words on Mignolet. He wanted out in the summer, but remained a model professional throughout the whole season. Despite him not featuring much im sure he contributed on the training field every day by pushing Alisson, discussing with him and the GK team and in general not being negative around the squad - thats my impression anyways

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: June 3, 2019, 02:22:51 pm »
Best in the world of current form.

None of whats happened was possible without his save from Milik in the 91st minute in December.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3127 on: June 3, 2019, 02:29:02 pm »
I think he's more important because of who he replaced. We'd had weak goalkeepers for close to a decade if you include Reina's drastic downturn in form from c. 2011, whereas our central defenders have rarely been weak during that time-frame; they've just not been top bracket like VVD.

This. He’s the biggest upgrade we’ve made in years to our weakest position that had hamstrung the team
Sticking with mignolet was a bizarre Klopp blind spot but he’s fixed it in spades

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: June 3, 2019, 03:39:39 pm »
This. He’s the biggest upgrade we’ve made in years to our weakest position that had hamstrung the team
Sticking with mignolet was a bizarre Klopp blind spot but he’s fixed it in spades
Was it a blind spot? I mean, he bought in Karius in his first summer window and that just didn't work out. He knew we needed a different keeper (I don't think Mignolet is a bad keeper at Premier League level, just not elite and stylistically wrong for us) but he likes giving players chances and he doesn't have unlimited funds so yeah, it took 2 years, but I think he figured out pretty quickly that we needed someone else. Thankfully we got the best in the world  :D

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: June 3, 2019, 03:45:43 pm »
I think Alisson was to good a fit to pass on. If he was inaccessible I dont think we would have gone for any other GK, say Leno or Kepa

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: June 3, 2019, 03:48:09 pm »
I think Alisson was to good a fit to pass on. If he was inaccessible I dont think we would have gone for any other GK, say Leno or Kepa

Imagine one of those fucking jokers in net for us and not the best in the world Brazilian king. Fucking hell.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3131 on: June 3, 2019, 03:51:28 pm »
Was it a blind spot? I mean, he bought in Karius in his first summer window and that just didn't work out. He knew we needed a different keeper (I don't think Mignolet is a bad keeper at Premier League level, just not elite and stylistically wrong for us) but he likes giving players chances and he doesn't have unlimited funds so yeah, it took 2 years, but I think he figured out pretty quickly that we needed someone else. Thankfully we got the best in the world  :D

It was, some people still wanted to stick with Karius after last seasons CL, because we didn’t need to spend excess money on a world class keeper who won’t make as much difference as all the other outfield players, or something to that tone.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: June 3, 2019, 03:55:56 pm »

In the past we had threads discussing how paying big money for a top class keeper made sense and how keepers were undervalued. Nobody would imply that Alisson wasn’t worth the money (relatively).

You only had to look at De Gea last few years (not this one) to realise that.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3133 on: June 3, 2019, 03:56:11 pm »
It was, some people still wanted to stick with Karius after last seasons CL, because we didn’t need to spend excess money on a world class keeper who won’t make as much difference as all the other outfield players, or something to that tone.

So it was some fans blind spot rather than the managers. 

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: June 3, 2019, 03:57:10 pm »
So it was some fans blind spot rather than the managers.

Yeah like with not needing a defensive midfielder either. DM ultras got a bad rep haha. Fabinho made everyone a DM ultra now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3135 on: June 3, 2019, 04:00:55 pm »

??
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #3136 on: June 3, 2019, 04:03:06 pm »
What a role he played in the CL campaign considering we went through on goal difference in the group stages. Every single save he made, especially against Napoli and PSG away

that's an excellent point, we could've easily gone under away to PSG and lost heavily but he kept the scoreline down, and it ended up proving decisive.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: June 3, 2019, 04:18:38 pm »

‘The Champions League final had nothing to do with us getting Alisson. Even if he had won it and Alisson would have been on the market we would have still signed him.

"And how the people reacted negatively to Karius after the final, by trying to isolate him, that almost made me not sign Alisson and rather stick it out with Karius. But we had to be professional, our job is to have the best players in every position.

"Did the Champions League final mistake affect him badly? I don't think so.

"There are worse things in the world, you should never forget that. We are talking about a luxury problem here. Who the No.1 is might be decisive for some. But it isn't everything.’

And those who jumped all over Karius and slagged him off at every opportunity almost stopped us getting Alisson ;)

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3138 on: June 3, 2019, 04:30:38 pm »
Yeah like with not needing a defensive midfielder either. DM ultras got a bad rep haha. Fabinho made everyone a DM ultra now.

I was firmly in the DM ultra camp, long before it was cool to be one  ;D  I was always amused by this assumption some had that Klopp never used defensive midfielders at his other clubs, when in fact he'd always pretty much used them!

My big failing was thinking the club was utterly bonkers spending 75 mill on Virgil Van Djik. I have of course realised the error of my ways, we should in fact have been paying about 150 mill for him  :P

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: June 3, 2019, 04:45:14 pm »
If Mignolet leaves surely he'd be perfect back up?

He'd add squad depth in midfield as well.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: June 3, 2019, 05:23:32 pm »
I was firmly in the DM ultra camp, long before it was cool to be one  ;D  I was always amused by this assumption some had that Klopp never used defensive midfielders at his other clubs, when in fact he'd always pretty much used them!

My big failing was thinking the club was utterly bonkers spending 75 mill on Virgil Van Djik. I have of course realised the error of my ways, we should in fact have been paying about 150 mill for him  :P

What ever it is we paid for Virgil and Alisson, it was worth it. These two alone have solidifed our defense for the next few years.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3141 on: June 3, 2019, 05:39:20 pm »

I was definitely in the give Karius another chance camp. But it had nothing to do with money I just didn’t think Alisson was a significant upgrade. I was wrong. VERY wrong.

Like to think Alisson will be here the majority of his career and mean we’re sorted for the next 10 years.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #3142 on: June 3, 2019, 05:48:32 pm »
??

Heard it was really gruesome and kinky in many ways, using gloves and balls.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #3143 on: June 3, 2019, 05:57:20 pm »

Disagree Pepe can come back and start his Coaching career and take over the GK role long term

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3144 on: June 3, 2019, 06:01:47 pm »
Disagree Pepe can come back and start his Coaching career and take over the GK role long term

Achterberg is only 47. How long term are you thinking?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: June 3, 2019, 06:01:58 pm »
He is the difference.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3146 on: June 3, 2019, 06:08:31 pm »

Don’t get me started on how over played Mignolet was and just how bad he was

We’ve got Alison now we never need to talk about it or think about it again *shudder*

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3147 on: June 3, 2019, 06:10:21 pm »
Achterberg is only 47. How long term are you thinking?

As long as the balls stay inflated?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3148 on: June 3, 2019, 06:11:09 pm »

I'd had one at the top of my wishlist every summer after Mascherano left

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: June 3, 2019, 06:20:23 pm »
As long as the balls stay inflated?

and we have little blue pills for that, just in case ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3150 on: June 3, 2019, 07:48:15 pm »
??

I’m gonna class that as a hooking  8)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: June 3, 2019, 07:49:56 pm »
I’m gonna class that as a hooking  8)

You git!!!!

;D

However, in my defence, I'm always amazed that Mike Kelly has slipped out of everyone's memories, like he never even existed. Like a goalkeeping Ali Bongo.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: June 3, 2019, 07:52:21 pm »
I was definitely in the give Karius another chance camp. But it had nothing to do with money I just didn’t think Alisson was a significant upgrade. I was wrong. VERY wrong.

Like to think Alisson will be here the majority of his career and mean we’re sorted for the next 10 years.

I would have been happy with Karius going into the season, regardless of his performance in the Champions League final - he was concussed after all, something which is obviously conveniently forgotten because, well why would you? - some of the shit he got for that game and since was unreal. Anyway, we were linked with Alisson way before that game so it was pretty irrelevant.

No doubt Alisson's improved us though, can only remember Reina being as strong a goalkeeper for us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3153 on: June 3, 2019, 08:07:23 pm »
With some keepers in the past we often ended up wondering "should he have saved that?" but with Alisson it's more "was that a difficult save?" I don't know how he manages to make everything look so easy, he's like the GK equivalent of Van Dijk.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3154 on: June 3, 2019, 08:08:39 pm »

What's bizarre is calling it Klopp's blind-spot.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: June 3, 2019, 08:17:41 pm »
With some keepers in the past we often ended up wondering "should he have saved that?" but with Alisson it's more "was that a difficult save?" I don't know how he manages to make everything look so easy, he's like the GK equivalent of Van Dijk.

Three words:

Positioning, positioning, and footwork.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: June 3, 2019, 08:30:01 pm »
Needs a proper song.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3157 on: June 3, 2019, 08:50:28 pm »
Three words:

He also "seems" to have sharper reflexes

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3158 on: June 3, 2019, 09:09:56 pm »

How could anyone miss out on Van Dijk train?  ;D Utterly bonkers.

He was a colossus at Southampton, we were held 0-0 at St. Mary's once & it was completely down to him. A few games & videos would've had you sold.

As for DM, Klopp liked one at Dortmund (while the other midfielder in the double pivot was more of a distributor), so it always looked like he didn't have the money here to immediately look at this position especially when other positions were in dire straits. So, he did with a makeshift DM until he got one. It was always going to happen, I don't see the surprise/argument there.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3159 on: June 3, 2019, 09:11:57 pm »
Three words:

His handling is fantastic too. He holds on to shots at him consistently & puts enough punch in his clearances.

And so far, we've not even mentioned his passing.