Author Topic: Britain sells 72 Euro fighters to Saudi Arabia  (Read 7124 times)

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
Re: Britain sells 72 Euro fighters to Saudi Arabia
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 07:11:26 pm »
Didn't work with North Korea mate, or Iran up to now.

If it was a choice between calling their bluff or rolling over and surrendering, I'd fight every time.

Then BIGdavalad can i just be the first to offer the allegiance of the Fudgistan people to your glorious empire. I look forwards to selling you cheap oil and poisoning your people with opium.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 07:45:29 pm »
Then BIGdavalad can i just be the first to offer the allegiance of the Fudgistan people to your glorious empire. I look forwards to selling you cheap oil and poisoning your people with opium.

;D - in that case I can offer you many many gallons of Yak's milk and a brand new safety suit made of yoghurt for every one of your oil workers
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 07:50:15 pm »
;D - in that case I can offer you many many gallons of Yak's milk and a brand new safety suit made of yoghurt for every one of your oil workers
& so the anschluss  of our countries was sealed, may the wombs of your yaks be as fertile as the seed of Jade Goody
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2006, 09:13:09 pm »
Who else would the Saudis go to? Us, the US, France, Russia - who else builds top class military hardware?

I'd rather we were selling them kit than the US or France so that British workers get paid, not American or French workers

Japan builds fuck all military hardware and still has a very successful economy. Don't fool yourself that Britain (or any other country) builds weapons only to boost its economy. Its also a very handy geopolitical tool. DVD players don't have quite the same attraction to your average despotic butcher
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2006, 09:54:21 pm »
Japan builds fuck all military hardware and still has a very successful economy. Don't fool yourself that Britain (or any other country) builds weapons only to boost its economy. Its also a very handy geopolitical tool. DVD players don't have quite the same attraction to your average despotic butcher
yeah Germany and the Scandanavian countries don't do too badly avoiding that particular industry
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2006, 10:02:40 pm »
yeah Germany and the Scandanavian countries don't do too badly avoiding that particular industry
Erm...Germany's arms industry is enormous, you're off beam there. Norway have a fair few defence companies too, think Kongsberg (missiles amongst other stuff) and Nammo (ammo).

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2006, 10:04:30 pm »
Erm...Germany's arms industry is enormous, you're off beam there. Norway have a fair few defence companies too, think Kongsberg (missiles amongst other stuff) and Nammo (ammo).

does it really?  didn't know that ..... well thats the only thing i've learnt today. ;D
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2006, 10:05:27 pm »
does it really?  didn't know that ..... well thats the only thing i've learnt today. ;D
Glad to be of service  :)

Offline veritas1616

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: September 2, 2006, 10:27:21 am »
You mean the Germans haven't just sold 4 nuclear subs to the Israelis. The Scandinavians do very well out of exporting arms.
It means jobs for British workers so good luck to them.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #49 on: September 2, 2006, 11:03:58 am »
You mean the Germans haven't just sold 4 nuclear subs to the Israelis. The Scandinavians do very well out of exporting arms.

Those pesky Scandinavians ;) Iceland is the way forward I tells ye .. we buy up your high streets and pollute the world with tacky jewellry but we sure don't produce any arms.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #50 on: September 2, 2006, 12:35:08 pm »

Yep 5th Benitle's already put the dunces cap on me. You're not telling me now that the Scandanavians are big dealers too?

What do they make?
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #51 on: September 2, 2006, 12:39:38 pm »

Yep 5th Benitle's already put the dunces cap on me. You're not telling me now that the Scandanavians are big dealers too?

What do they make?
Norway http://www.nortrade.com/Defence/

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 3, 2006, 10:14:46 pm »
Japan builds fuck all military hardware and still has a very successful economy.

Don't they? I'm sure that Mitsibushi (amongst others) will be shocked to find out that the Main Battle Tanks, Air Superiority Fighters and Frigates and Destroyers they build don't count as military hardware.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.