Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 170727 times)

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #640 on: April 26, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »
Aidrian Durham can be a right gobshite at times but hats off to him for this.

https://soundcloud.com/talksport/adrian-durhams-hillsborough-reaction

Fair bloody play to him. That was excellent.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #641 on: April 26, 2016, 05:59:27 pm »
My two kids are now 24 and 29 - all they have ever seen their whole lives is their Mum and Dad suffering as a result of Hillsborough - I can't explain how that makes me feel - they are truly brilliant both of them - both been involved in the fight for justice

I love them both dearly
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #642 on: April 26, 2016, 06:00:50 pm »
Durham has always fought for the truth when hes been talking about Hillsborough. Today I think he vented his anger at people who he worked with who believed in the lies peddled and some who had their agenda. I was driving my lad to Barnsley on the m62 and I was in tears, he asked if I was ok, I am now mate, I am now. They got justice, dad.

Ive started again now!!

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #643 on: April 26, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »

No-one needs to or should feel guilty about that day unless they were certain members of SYP, The Tory party , SYMAS, SWFC , The FA or the media .

The guilty know who they are and have been hiding or keeping quiet for years , now they are in the spotlight .

May everyone who has felt guilty or ashamed about that day find some peace as the truth is out there now and the first step of justice has been realised .

Proud of every one of you who has had to live with this burden for the last 27 years , I hope you feel a little lighter today and achieve an inner calm .

YNWA
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #644 on: April 26, 2016, 06:06:22 pm »
Also, on a personal level, I've cried today, I've laughed today, I've said "go 'ed la" with enthusiastic agreement when Barry Devonside refused to accept the SYP apology, I've been angry, sad, optimistic for the future.

It's been an extremely emotional day, not just on a personal level, but across the city of Liverpool.

I went for a little walk earlier and everything just seemed nice and peaceful. The sun was shining. And, it just felt like a huge weight has been lifted off the collective shoulders of the city. We'll still remember those who passed. They'll never be forgotten. But, it feels like a point has been reached where, for want of a better phrase, people can start to move on with their lives. We were looked down on as those moaning Scousers, always complaining, "why don't they just move on?" etc.

It's a trivial point in comparison to the bigger picture, but it's comforting to be the ones who can now do the looking down on others, we were right all along, you were wrong, it's there in black and white - "UNLAWFULLY KILLED"  - and Liverpool fans did NOT contribute to causing the disaster. We should actively mock and belittle those who still see a different story. People are entitled to their own opinions. But they're not entitled to their own facts. An opinion based on falsehoods is anything but an opinion; it's a fallacy, a lie, a slur, a malicious or foolish mistake dependant on an individuals motives.

I say this as an outsider, in the sense that I didn't know anybody who died at Hillsborough, but as a vicariously effected Scouser. But, watching that interview with Margaret Aspinall getting upset, I think today has allowed the weight on the families shoulders to be lifted a bit. It was a very sad clip. But, in a strange way, it made me happy too. She's always shown strength and fight in public. To see her cry like that made me see her with her guard down, being herself, suggesting that that particular fight has finally been won and she can start being a human again and living, crying and smiling.

She sure does deserve it.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:18:15 pm by XabiAlonsosBeard »
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #645 on: April 26, 2016, 06:07:57 pm »
alex thomson ‏@alextomo

Chair of IPCC Hillsborough cover-up probe tells @Channel4News it's possible nobody ever faces criminal trial for the disaster....
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
  • In this moment i like it in this forum, for sure
« Reply #646 on: April 26, 2016, 06:15:09 pm »
Today the inquest confirmed what we all knew from day one. They lied. Rest in Peace the 96. I teared up today as I watched the emotion and dignity of the family members. How proud we all are of their bravery, devotion and tenacity. God bless you in the future.
Rafa on THAT half time talk.  Language barriers aside, the greatest modesty and understatement in football history!!!

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #647 on: April 26, 2016, 06:15:55 pm »
lost for words, but as with so many people, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders today. I cannot imagine how the families themselves feel.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #648 on: April 26, 2016, 06:23:14 pm »
Crime report of the 'stolen' video tapes of that day, stolen from SYP.......some days later!

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #649 on: April 26, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »
Never seen this before.

Joe Public
‏@jpublik

Here's that 1989 letter from The Sun to grieving #Hillsborough families who had complained at 'The Truth' coverage

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #650 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:05 pm »
It's been more than a quarter century too late in coming, but I hope today's verdict can, in some small way, help the family and friends of the deceased, and the survivors of that terrible day, to find some amount of peace in their lives. 

Immense credit goes to those who never gave up, who refused to allow the establishment to get away with slandering their loved ones, who fought ceaselessly for Justice even at the expense of their own health.

Peace and Love be with you all today.

YNWA

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #651 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:43 pm »
George Alagiah getting quite choked up on BBC News just then.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #652 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:56 pm »
Crime report of the 'stolen' video tapes of that day, stolen from SYP.......some days later!

Sickening

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #653 on: April 26, 2016, 06:29:56 pm »
Never seen this before.

Joe Public
‏@jpublik

Here's that 1989 letter from The Sun to grieving #Hillsborough families who had complained at 'The Truth' coverage

No surprise there - that organisation is sick from top to toe .
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: April 26, 2016, 06:30:05 pm »
Never seen this before.

Joe Public
‏@jpublik

Words fail me.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS NEWSPAPER STILL IN PRINT?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #655 on: April 26, 2016, 06:36:41 pm »
Fair play to Adrian Durham.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #656 on: April 26, 2016, 06:38:30 pm »
Sad that it took 27 years... All my respect to everyone who kept on fighting and the whole of Liverpool, it must have been a tough battle. Hopefully things will get better from here.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: April 26, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »
Tomorrow night, a 5 live special. @KellyCates presents Hillsborough: The Truth.

Preview: http://bbc.in/1MWjjWW

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #658 on: April 26, 2016, 06:42:19 pm »
Deeply impressed by all of those who never gave up, YNWA.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #659 on: April 26, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »
Myself, my Mum, Sister and Brother are all sitting around the TV watching the news. Not one of us has a dry eye. I don't think it's quite hit home yet just how significant and important today's verdict is.

You know, the families of the 96 must be some of the most courageous and resilient people who have ever lived and I say that without any hyperbole. They are truly amazing, I have nothing but total love, admiration and respect for them and I hope they can all sleep a little easier tonight.

The 96, always in our hearts.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #660 on: April 26, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »
boydhilton ‏@boydhilton

BBC2 will show new two-hour documentary Hillsborough on May 8, telling the full story right up to and including the inquest verdict

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #661 on: April 26, 2016, 06:46:13 pm »
Aidrian Durham can be a right gobshite at times but hats off to him for this.

https://soundcloud.com/talksport/adrian-durhams-hillsborough-reaction

Nothing short of brilliant , whilst I don't like him as a presenter , he deserves fulsome praise for that.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #662 on: April 26, 2016, 06:46:36 pm »
Some of the shite i have read today i aint seen before is awful.

Ingham STILL refuses to say sorry for blaming Liverpool fans over Hillsborough

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/bernard-ingham-still-refuses-say-11244412#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

I have read extracts of some,more & more detailed emerging.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: April 26, 2016, 06:47:54 pm »
Words like 'congratulations' seem to be the wrong context today but I'm not sure what's correct. No matter how much you think you've known the truth the information/evidence that is trickling out is shocking and the whole experience is numbing.  The families, survivors and those who have supported the campaign have had to live with the lies and injustice that's been thrown at them for almost three decades. Your strength, courage, love and determination for the fight are inspirational and I hope some degree of justice has been achieved today. You've done the memory of your loved ones, the city of Liverpool and the entire nation proud. It is the greatest of victories.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #664 on: April 26, 2016, 06:53:54 pm »
When the full story comes to be told, there will be many truly wonderful accounts of how people have fought against this injustice, but if I may focus on one. The Boycott of the Sun.

Its may be hard to comprehend a world without mobile phones, Internet, or even 24 hour TV!!...but it existed in 1989, and when those awful lies where printed, no txts were needed, no forums to debate, the people of Liverpool , quite simply said no more...bonfires where made of them outside factories...and 27 years later we have held our ground. Sure you see some in the city (mostly elderly and visitors) but its a rare sight, only when you leave Liverpool do you realise how much it is read around the country ( I was in Leeds Monday on a meeting it was everywhere... it never fails to stun me when I see people openly reading it)

It is a truly remarkable and possibly unique action, I cant think of anything similar , something we should all  be very proud of.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #665 on: April 26, 2016, 06:57:14 pm »
So delighted today I was nervous before 11am as I so wanted the correct decisions. Where as in reality it was never in doubt . I've read about & watched as much footage as I can regarding Hillsborough & find it astonishing that even before today people thought the fans were to blame

From the footage is obvious they aren't & the lack of police or emergency services help is shocking. How anyone can't see that is beyond me .  Maybe it helps if you remember going on the terraces & how the football culture & attitudes was so different to now .

Some of the information coming out is shocking

Truly hope the families & survivors can find some sort of peace

It's funny how we're going through these celebrity deaths lately & if I'm honest they don't affect me as I think they've led a good & often successful life etc & I don't know them

It's the passing of people like Anne Williams that makes me sad an inspiration & I'd like to spare a thought for today she deserved this & I'd have loved her to have seen it . Along with other members of the families that are no longer with us .

I can't really put into words how pleased I am & it's an honour on such a momentous day to be a Rawkite

JFT96

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #666 on: April 26, 2016, 07:00:35 pm »
MacKenzie has just been collared on Sky and condemned Police and said that in a strange way he'd been caught up in yjr lies. He's a piece of work.

c*nt of a can't even call him human or a man. He's just a c*nt.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: April 26, 2016, 07:00:44 pm »
Never seen this before.

Joe Public
‏@jpublik

c*nts.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
  • In this moment i like it in this forum, for sure
« Reply #668 on: April 26, 2016, 07:02:12 pm »
Deleted comment on Mackenzie. The weasel has had his time. Today is about the truth.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:09:12 pm by Big Tall Man »
Rafa on THAT half time talk.  Language barriers aside, the greatest modesty and understatement in football history!!!

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #669 on: April 26, 2016, 07:08:11 pm »
MacKenzie has just been collared on Sky and condemned Police and said that in a strange way he'd been caught up in the lies. He's a piece of work.

not aimed at you..

But in that 27 years, it didn't dawn on him until today.

Do Fuck Off.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: April 26, 2016, 07:09:52 pm »
I have massive respect for the families and friends of the 96 and all fans who were and still are affected by that terrible day.To go so long to try and clear your loved ones name who went to watch a football match and never came home,and who have had their memory sullied by a corrupt establishment and a rotten rag of a so called newspaper,it makes me immensely proud to be a Liverpool supporter that you never gave up.You are an inspiration.They took on the wrong people and City.I wish you all the very best.JFT96.

Offline JwealeLFC

• Kemlynite
« Reply #671 on: April 26, 2016, 07:13:08 pm »
Whilst I was sat at work today just after 11am and found myself choked up, 27 years too long this fight has gone on and now today it's hard to put into words just the sheer admiration and pride for everyone that has relentlessly and tirelessly battled to bring the truth to light. They are amazing, incredible people. 

Finally, the truth that we've always known has been brought to light and I can only hope and pray that the families and friends of everyone affected can take some sort of closure from this and those responsible will be held accountable.

The 96 will never be forgotten.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #672 on: April 26, 2016, 07:15:38 pm »
Monumental day for everyone involved. Just so happy for the families and all of those who have suffered over these years

Now in peace the 96 - We'll never forget you.

YNWA
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 26, 2016, 07:16:09 pm »
Never seen this before.

Joe Public
‏@jpublik

Absolutely disgusting! That rag needs shutting down once and for all.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #674 on: April 26, 2016, 07:17:41 pm »
its hard to comprehend isn't it? to take it all in. the cross the families have borne has been made lighter today, and those in heaven have some relief at last. Amen.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #675 on: April 26, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »
Andy Burnham is a hero.

The families of the victims are fearless too.

I can't articulate how I feel but its joy and relief.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #676 on: April 26, 2016, 07:20:07 pm »
The day Margaret Thatcher patronised grieving Hillsborough mum Margaret Aspinall

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/day-margaret-thatcher-patronised-grieving-11229479#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

If anyone feels posting articles/links here is inappropriate dont hesitate please.

Hats off to Margeret Aspinall for questioning that horrible thing that is thatcher.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #677 on: April 26, 2016, 07:20:48 pm »
I've seen some of the video's of the relatives of the victims not accepting the appologies of Duckenfield, SYP etc, and I can't blame them. These appologies only came at the very end, when the judicial process finally caught up with what everyone knew from day one. They had no more wiggle room and were well and truly hooked.

That is far too late to make a meaningful appology.

Anyway, what an awful indictment of institutions that such a cover up took 27 years to be officially turned over.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #678 on: April 26, 2016, 07:22:50 pm »
The Cathedral bell, tolled, could never tell;
nor the Liver Birds, mute in their stone spell;
or the Mersey, though seagulls wailed, cursed, overhead,
in no language for the slandered dead...

not the raw, red throat of the Kop, keening,
or the cops’ words, censored of meaning;
not the clock, slow handclapping the coroner’s deadline,
or the memo to Thatcher, or the tabloid headline...

but fathers told of their daughters; the names of sons
on the lips of their mothers like prayers; lost ones
honoured for bitter years by orphan, cousin, wife -
not a matter of football, but of life.

Over this great city, light after long dark;
truth, the sweet silver song of the lark.

- Carol Ann Duffy

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: April 26, 2016, 07:25:13 pm »
Wow....the mind is an amazing thing. Started today nervous, then sick, then celebrated, then cried, then anger, then pride....now nirvana. Long may the latest remain
I hope so mate.

Thoughts with everyone affected today; the fact that you have gotten to this stage is testament to the unbelievable bravery, persistence and strength that you have displayed.