Author Topic: Kitsters & MacPhisto and other experts wallpaper shop.  (Read 437666 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kitsters & MacPhisto and other experts wallpaper shop.
« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:00 pm »
Worse than ever, Thieving Fucks. Am looking into get a lawyer on it now.

Bastards!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #321 on: January 13, 2009, 02:09:37 pm »
ye - going to throw it on most of them unless it interferes with the picture.

Cool, really good design. Simple and official looking, very effective.

Sucks that your designs are still being plagiarised man. Will it be cost efffective to hire lawyer's to stop them?

Unfortunately, with the internet these days, I can't see it getting an easier to stop these people from continuing the rip-off's.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #322 on: January 13, 2009, 05:52:28 pm »
Hey Kit is it possible to get this on the back of the shirt but like the size of the shirt and Skrtel's breakfast nails on the front.

Cant do the Breakfast Nails one as it already has a backprint, but can do it on the new shirts -

Postage details in PM.. :wave

Offline pinkdragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: January 13, 2009, 08:21:14 pm »
Kit, sending another PM about the graffiti t-shirts. And thank you. I wanted one of those.
My love. My passion. My life. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #324 on: January 13, 2009, 08:26:03 pm »
I really need to get my passion back....Just can't motivate myself anymore :(

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2009, 01:21:31 am »

Passion for what mate?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2009, 07:58:23 am »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2009, 09:45:05 am »
Design

Everyone goes through a phase like that mate, don't worry about it.
I didn't do anything for ages so decided to buy a tablet and see if that could inspire me. I nearly threw it through the window.....drove me mad.
By chance I decided to upgrade Photoshop and also try out Illustrator at the same time. I was like a kid in a sweet shop.....all kinds of new things to mess with.
So that's all I did. I had a play with these things, just to see what I could do.
I downloaded some brushes etc and just experimented.

I also trawled some sites to see what was being done as I was bored with seeing the same old stuff over and over again.
It also helps if you try and better whatever Kit is doing...........but usually that's about as productive as plaiting fog.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2009, 09:56:59 am »
Everyone goes through a phase like that mate, don't worry about it.
I didn't do anything for ages so decided to buy a tablet and see if that could inspire me. I nearly threw it through the window.....drove me mad.
By chance I decided to upgrade Photoshop and also try out Illustrator at the same time. I was like a kid in a sweet shop.....all kinds of new things to mess with.
So that's all I did. I had a play with these things, just to see what I could do.
I downloaded some brushes etc and just experimented.

I also trawled some sites to see what was being done as I was bored with seeing the same old stuff over and over again.
It also helps if you try and better whatever Kit is doing...........but usually that's about as productive as plaiting fog.

Been at my lowest before....I know I am good, have done various bits for Kit. Just can't motivate myself anymore.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: January 14, 2009, 10:02:35 am »
Been at my lowest before....I know I am good, have done various bits for Kit. Just can't motivate myself anymore.

Well from my point of view I know I'm not that good......I just enjoy having a dabble and trying to improve.
I've found this medium difficult to master....if you ever do, so I always reverted to simple traditional pencil drawing to get my mindset back on track.
I found that worked.

Failing that ...have you thought about mind altering drugs?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2009, 12:44:17 pm »

It may be a pain at first, but some tips that are really handy when using a graphics tablet:-

Make sure you have it parallel to your screen -seems simple, but is so much easier to use for you hand/eye co-ordination.

Use it for everything for a couple of hours a day, even surfing the web etc - put the onscreen keyboard on (start>all programs>accessories>accessibility) , and type with it etc - it will become second nature.

Use the 'smoothing' option in photoshop brushes - will find it in the brush options window.

use only a portion of the tablet, not the whole thing, there should be a settings option with it, just use about 5-6 inches of the middle of it, as it is really difficult to use the whole thing.

also in photoshop brush options, in the brush presets - use 'shape dynamics' and 'other dynamics' set the control to 'pen pressure' and on the top of the screen when painting, set opacity to 100/% and flow to about 15, this gives you much more control, as it doesnt just throw a thick line down. you will notice the pressure and gradients more too. will be like using a pencil.

will send you my custom painting brushes if you like.

hope this helps :wave

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2009, 12:48:32 pm »

Got your PM, will keep an eye out for the postie :)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2009, 02:29:04 pm »
It may be a pain at first, but some tips that are really handy when using a graphics tablet:-

Make sure you have it parallel to your screen -seems simple, but is so much easier to use for you hand/eye co-ordination.

Use it for everything for a couple of hours a day, even surfing the web etc - put the onscreen keyboard on (start>all programs>accessories>accessibility) , and type with it etc - it will become second nature.

Use the 'smoothing' option in photoshop brushes - will find it in the brush options window.

use only a portion of the tablet, not the whole thing, there should be a settings option with it, just use about 5-6 inches of the middle of it, as it is really difficult to use the whole thing.

also in photoshop brush options, in the brush presets - use 'shape dynamics' and 'other dynamics' set the control to 'pen pressure' and on the top of the screen when painting, set opacity to 100/% and flow to about 15, this gives you much more control, as it doesnt just throw a thick line down. you will notice the pressure and gradients more too. will be like using a pencil.

will send you my custom painting brushes if you like.

hope this helps :wave

Cheers mate.
I'd appreciate anything you think will help.
I found a tut on it and they recommended many of the things you have mentioned.
I've tried doing most of them and they did help a bit.
I didn't think of reducing the screen working area to a smaller one though. I've set it to use all the working area, so I'll have a go at changing it.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2009, 08:03:02 pm »

Fullsize available at my deviantart page. Also available as a t-shirt-

I nearly always have one of your wallpapers on rotation, Kit.  But that badboy might just anchor itself for a good long while.   :-*

I don't like owt too cluttered and this fits the bill.  :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2009, 08:19:54 pm »
I was wondering if anybody has the original image that this was made from, or perhaps knows which game it was from so that I can find it?

EDIT - Doesn't matter, I now have the picture.
Hehe, that's my desktop! ;D
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2009, 01:27:26 am »

I know exactly how you feel. I've had a kick in the teeth with a few things recently and it's been hard to wrap my head around anything else, or find it difficult to concentrate enough to produce something of late. My heart hasn't been with it, but I'm coming round now and have been knocking up concept work, and working on other things, one of which is a digital painting which is taking a while. Here's some WIP.

Worse than ever, Thieving Fucks. Am looking into get a lawyer on it now.

Have you checked out a site called 1000goals.com? My brother alerted me to the fact that some of my art work was being used on that site to create wallpapers, and sure enough when I checked it out, I was stunned. They'd been using the Liverbird sketch I posted on here, as well as several other pieces of art that I'd posted on here and other places. You might want to check that site just in case some of your own finds its way on it. I forwarded them an email and they removed some, but there are still others on there. It's infuriating because no credit is given. They simply chop my signiture and use what they want. Bastards.

Offline pinkdragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2009, 02:08:15 am »
I just had a look. Looks like they get all their stuff from here. It's astonishing all the things they have taken. Not just yours and kit's either.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2009, 03:39:28 pm »
^ I would be fumming me, personally.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2009, 05:39:37 pm »

Have you checked out a site called 1000goals.com? My brother alerted me to the fact that some of my art work was being used on that site to create wallpapers, and sure enough when I checked it out, I was stunned. They'd been using the Liverbird sketch I posted on here, as well as several other pieces of art that I'd posted on here and other places. You might want to check that site just in case some of your own finds its way on it. I forwarded them an email and they removed some, but there are still others on there. It's infuriating because no credit is given. They simply chop my signiture and use what they want. Bastards.
None of mine on there now - i sent a removal request a while back.Loads of yours on Zedge tho still.Am just preparing another copyright complaint for them - can send you the draft if you want so you can put your stolen work links in too.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2009, 06:09:38 pm »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 15, 2009, 08:23:10 pm »
None of mine on there now - i sent a removal request a while back.Loads of yours on Zedge tho still.Am just preparing another copyright complaint for them - can send you the draft if you want so you can put your stolen work links in too.
That would be grand, mate. It's the fact that no permission was asked, never mind the fact that no credit is given after they seen fit to do what they wanted. I mean, Some of the work I've produced is purely for the satisfaction of fellow LFC supporters. It's when certain individuals can't be fucked producing anything for themselves and just steal and then start taking credit in the expense of your effort is what pisses you off. I bumped into someone the other day, and I noticed he had something of mine as a wallpaper on the front of his phone. I asked him where he got it and he said a mate passed it on. I said it was mine, and he didn't believe me. Must be a nightmare for yourself to keep track of all the things you put up.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2009, 08:28:55 pm »
That would be grand, mate. It's the fact that no permission was asked, never mind the fact that no credit is given after they seen fit to do what they wanted. I mean, Some of the work I've produced is purely for the satisfaction of fellow LFC supporters. It's when certain individuals can't be fucked producing anything for themselves and just steal and then start taking credit in the expense of your effort is what pisses you off. I bumped into someone the other day, and I noticed he had something of mine as a wallpaper on the front of his phone. I asked him where he got it and he said a mate passed it on. I said it was mine, and he didn't believe me. Must be a nightmare for yourself to keep track of all the things you put up.
I dont mind it so much when it is passed around, so long as the credit and Copyright or even the signature stay on it - is really annoying when you see some site where someone has said they had done the work themselves, or if someone is making money from it. Zedge is a fucking nightmare to keep track of - i must have removed over 100 illegally posted images by now - only to find there are another 50 or so on the next week. :wanker

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2009, 08:31:40 pm »
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2009, 02:10:26 pm »

That's cool man, nice to see them all together like that. 8)

Offline won ton

• Anny Roader
« Reply #344 on: January 20, 2009, 11:25:40 pm »
thought id bump this thread with an old wallpaper i done ages ago, besides everyone should be forced to see macphisto and kitsters genius in this thread.

Offline pinkdragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2009, 01:13:46 pm »
I like that.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2009, 03:30:51 pm »
That's excellent mate.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #347 on: January 21, 2009, 08:16:24 pm »
I keep meaning to do something LFC related but just cant get around to it. Just working on some other illustration at the moment.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: January 21, 2009, 08:20:30 pm »
I know exactly how you feel. I've had a kick in the teeth with a few things recently and it's been hard to wrap my head around anything else, or find it difficult to concentrate enough to produce something of late. My heart hasn't been with it, but I'm coming round now and have been knocking up concept work, and working on other things, one of which is a digital painting which is taking a while. Here's some WIP.

Looking good mate. never really got into the digital painting lark although i have been dabbling in photo montage lately (not the crappy fade kind).
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline miss_heather

• hit_gorse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nerd.
    • Twitter
« Reply #349 on: February 2, 2009, 09:16:39 pm »

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #350 on: February 3, 2009, 03:52:33 pm »

#
You done a grand job on the wallpaper, but that choice of pic is horrendous. He looks like shite in that. :)

@ Won Ton, do you have a high res version of that Shankly one. Awesome picture mate!

Offline won ton

• Anny Roader
« Reply #351 on: February 4, 2009, 12:16:58 am »
Thats the only one ive done mate, i wouldnt even know how to make it higher res, i kinda just fiddle my way through photoshop.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #352 on: February 4, 2009, 08:34:07 am »
Thats the only one ive done mate, i wouldnt even know how to make it higher res, i kinda just fiddle my way through photoshop.

Ok, no prob. Wouldn't have a clue myself mate. Maybe Kitster and the boys could tell ya how.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #353 on: February 4, 2009, 09:44:34 am »
Ok, no prob. Wouldn't have a clue myself mate. Maybe Kitster and the boys could tell ya how.
;)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 9, 2009, 06:41:40 pm »

When you say hi-res, do you mean for print or are you talking desktop size?

If your talking desktop size its best to have a decent image to start with, doesnt have to be super size res because you are only using it for screen resolution which is 72 dpi.

If you are doing artwork for print then ideally you should be working with bigger sharper images and your output dpi should be 304 dpi (304 is better than 300 for print).

To check your image size you are working on go to on the top menu bar in photoshop and do IMAGE>IMAGE SIZE and check the resolution at the bottom of the box.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2009, 08:39:15 am »
Thanks Kitster! 8)

When you say hi-res, do you mean for print or are you talking desktop size?

Yeah, desktop size. My screen resolution is 1680 x 1050, so anything less than that looks a bit shitty.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2009, 11:25:22 pm »
after a few requests, here is the mobile wallpaper of my avatar. :wave

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2009, 11:39:16 pm »
Fuck Kit, that thing gives me seizures when I look at it. Still fucking boss though
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2009, 02:02:56 am »

New poster featuring the Liverbird towering over the mascots of our rivals. United, Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton.

Will made into posters very shortly.

Final prints will be either A0 or A1  - possibly both and the image is extremely detailed.

Titled 'The End of a Storm'.

Wallpaper will be available from my deviant art site very soon :wave

http://kitster29.deviantart.com/

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2009, 02:41:04 am »
That's one of the best graphics I've ever seen Kit.
Absolutely brilliant mate.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org