Author Topic: Andy Burnham's powerful Commons speech on Hillsborough  (Read 78773 times)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Re: Andy Burnham's powerful Commons speech on Hillsborough
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2016, 12:00:10 pm »
Top marks for our Andy!
Good to see and hear. A politician with a soul.

I think we need to take his gratitude to Theresa May with a pinch of salt though.
He needed to say that. He needs to keep her on our side because the struggle continues.
No Home Secretary could ignore the wave of justice that had built up over 27 years. She was just 'fortunate' to be in office at the time.
If you look at her other views and policies you will see how vile she is. She actually reminds me of Maggie, but enough said of that here.

As much as Andy reminds me of us, she reminds me of a blinkered view of humanity.

JFT96

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2016, 12:26:53 pm »
Brilliant speech.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2016, 12:26:58 pm »
I've got a lot of time for Jeremy Corbyn, but THAT'S what a Labour leader looks like. Good on you, Andy, one of the few politicians I have complete faith in to keep his word.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2016, 01:28:27 pm »
Superb on QT, too.

Brilliant on QT and it was good to see the anger of people that may not be anything to do with football and from another part of the country. I was so pleased to see the genuine anger from those people who prior to the last two years were probably not well informed about what happened
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/V-YxZpkMuZk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/V-YxZpkMuZk</a>

Made me cry all over again and made me think how happy Tracy would have been.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2016, 04:48:23 pm »
Top marks for our Andy!

I think we need to take his gratitude to Theresa May with a pinch of salt though.
He needed to say that. He needs to keep her on our side because the struggle continues.
No Home Secretary could ignore the wave of justice that had built up over 27 years. She was just 'fortunate' to be in office at the time.
If you look at her other views and policies you will see how vile she is. She actually reminds me of Maggie, but enough said of that here.

As much as Andy reminds me of us, she reminds me of a blinkered view of humanity.

JFT96

There have been several Home Secretary's who have ignored the facts and truths which were there all along.

Jack Straw in 1998 after the alteration of all those police statements was brought to his notice by Phil Scratons work yet he simply ignored them.

May was definitely not like Thatcher over this. It's now in the open that she was not happy when Douglas Hurd said Peter Wright would have to resign when he read the Taylor Report just before publication. Wright remained in office.

I will criticise May over other things but not this.

I can't praise Andy enough and he continued his heart felt words on Question Time on Thursday.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2016, 07:19:38 pm »
Well done Andy.

RIP to those who we lost.
#JFT97

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2016, 07:46:37 pm »
Burham could easily be the next Labour leader.  Corbyn has so limited appeal

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:52 pm »
Incredible speech! Spoke straight from the heart and highlighted so many important things that really need to be said.

Nail on the head - Well in Andy
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2016, 04:05:33 pm »
Top marks for our Andy!

JFT96

I am no fan of the Tories, and particularly the 'Eton mess' that is the enclosed power between all Cameron's mates (of which May is excluded from and any attempt for her to take leadership will be thwarted by inner-government back stabbings).

But she more than any other useless and demeaning Tory was in close contact with the families throughout the inquest. She helped massively, and if it had been handed over to one of 'Call Me Dave's mates (like Osborne or Jeremy C*nt or whoever) then I'm not so sure the families would have received the support needed.

In fact, I have the belief that Cameron and co would have rather this was all swept under the carpet rather than implicate his dear Maggie.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2016, 05:38:12 pm »
I am no fan of the Tories, and particularly the 'Eton mess' that is the enclosed power between all Cameron's mates (of which May is excluded from and any attempt for her to take leadership will be thwarted by inner-government back stabbings).

But she more than any other useless and demeaning Tory was in close contact with the families throughout the inquest. She helped massively, and if it had been handed over to one of 'Call Me Dave's mates (like Osborne or Jeremy C*nt or whoever) then I'm not so sure the families would have received the support needed.

In fact, I have the belief that Cameron and co would have rather this was all swept under the carpet rather than implicate his dear Maggie.

I'm sure he would have done, but he had no choice in the matter, they are all a bunch of *****.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2016, 10:49:13 pm »
Brilliant Andy absolutely brilliant

The part about 'Elite's' rings so true.
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!