Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1068321 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #9320 on: February 2, 2023, 01:12:04 am »
Roberto Firmino is on the verge of signing a contract extension at Liverpool. [florian plettenberg - sky germany]

Hallelujah!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9321 on: February 2, 2023, 04:21:42 am »
That's a belter of a post. In the words of Terry Tibbs, I'm wawkin awa-ay...

More like Craig David no?

Edit: And Hazell got there first of course
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #9322 on: February 2, 2023, 04:25:00 am »
That's a belter of a post. In the words of Terry Tibbs, I'm wawkin awa-ay...

Craig DavidS
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9323 on: February 2, 2023, 08:09:27 am »
Kantes profile is very similar to Firminos in a different position
A post peak, once great who will be on high wages and whose body is clearly breaking down resulting in more and more injuries but whose profile will mean they have to be given minutes as their performances decline

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9324 on: February 2, 2023, 08:12:31 am »
I would let Firmino go (and try and sell Fabinho, and see if we could even let Henderson go to Sunderland or somewhere) if we’re really going to refresh. We have a lot of attackers especially now it looks like Elliott is definitely a winger. And he’s injured a lot of the time these days.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9325 on: February 2, 2023, 08:28:15 am »
I would let Firmino go (and try and sell Fabinho, and see if we could even let Henderson go to Sunderland or somewhere) if we’re really going to refresh. We have a lot of attackers especially now it looks like Elliott is definitely a winger. And he’s injured a lot of the time these days.

I think Fabinho has enough respect from fans to turn his form round, last seasons quadruple run has mentally drained a lot of our players, i honestly think some of the underperforming players will be much better next season

Henderson and Firmino will stay too

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9326 on: February 2, 2023, 08:32:43 am »
Diaz (23) - Nunez (24) - Salah (31)
Carvalho (21) - Gakpo (24) - Jota (26) - Firmino (31) - Elliott (20)

Nunes (25) - Thiago (32) - Bellingham (20)
Jones (22)- Fabinho (29) - Bajcetic (18) - Henderson (33)

Robertson (29) - Van Dijk (32)- Konate (24)- TAA (24)
Tsimikas (27)- Matip (32) - Gomez (26) - Van den Berg (21) - Ramsay (20)

Alisson (30)
Kelleher (24)- Davies (19)

If we were to sign Nunes and Bellingham, This would be our squad and their ages at the beginning of next season, i'd honestly be happy with that, Plenty of depth with 7 midfielders - 8 With Elliott who can play there

i actually think we may go for someone to eventually replace Salah as well in the summer, not something many people are mentioning

Probably enough to then sign a CB, maybe a LB & midfielder the summer after?
« Last Edit: February 2, 2023, 08:34:49 am by LiamG »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9327 on: February 2, 2023, 08:42:49 am »
Croatian media saying Kovacic may be forced out of Chelsea. Would be all over him to be honest.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9328 on: February 2, 2023, 08:44:29 am »
Croatian media saying Kovacic may be forced out of Chelsea. Would be all over him to be honest.

Quality, but again just hampered by injuries constantly.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9329 on: February 2, 2023, 08:47:59 am »

Injured a lot.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9330 on: February 2, 2023, 09:04:02 am »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9331 on: February 2, 2023, 09:04:41 am »
Is there any club people can think of that has been destabilised so quickly? Maybe United in 2013? I cant think of an example where such a club has gone from being a model way of working, to a complete mess.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9332 on: February 2, 2023, 09:09:55 am »
Is there any club people can think of that has been destabilised so quickly? Maybe United in 2013? I cant think of an example where such a club has gone from being a model way of working, to a complete mess.

Chelsea the year after they won it with Jose?

Granted, it was largely his doing but they ended up somewhere like 10th in the league from memory.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9333 on: February 2, 2023, 09:12:45 am »
Chelsea the year after they won it with Jose?

Granted, it was largely his doing but they ended up somewhere like 10th in the league from memory.

Yeah but thats their team and having a bit of chaos is there thing. We have lost a CEO or whatever role Gordon did, Sporting director, some supposedly important nerds and a whole lot of stability has been lost.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #9334 on: February 2, 2023, 09:14:07 am »
Yeah but thats their team and having a bit of chaos is there thing. We have lost a CEO or whatever role Gordon did, Sporting director, some supposedly important nerds and a whole lot of stability has been lost.

But at least our assistant manager writes a cracking book!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9335 on: February 2, 2023, 09:20:54 am »
Diaz (23) - Nunez (24) - Salah (31)
Carvalho (21) - Gakpo (24) - Jota (26) - Firmino (31) - Elliott (20)

Nunes (25) - Thiago (32) - Bellingham (20)
Jones (22)- Fabinho (29) - Bajcetic (18) - Henderson (33)

Robertson (29) - Van Dijk (32)- Konate (24)- TAA (24)
Tsimikas (27)- Matip (32) - Gomez (26) - Van den Berg (21) - Ramsay (20)

Alisson (30)
Kelleher (24)- Davies (19)

If we were to sign Nunes and Bellingham, This would be our squad and their ages at the beginning of next season, i'd honestly be happy with that, Plenty of depth with 7 midfielders - 8 With Elliott who can play there

i actually think we may go for someone to eventually replace Salah as well in the summer, not something many people are mentioning

Probably enough to then sign a CB, maybe a LB & midfielder the summer after?

Not convinced by that starting midfield at all, none of them seem like they have enough defensive awareness to really suit the 6 and if Thiago is going to continue to start then we would also need a higher energy option than Nunes as the other starter too. A better combination would be moving Jones on, not signing Nunes and either bringing in an actual 6 or making both non-Bellingham signings 6/8 types who could share the DM role as needed.

I doubt we'd be looking at an eventual Salah replacement in the summer either, besides him we already have 4 starter-level players, 2 youngsters who will be given the chance to stake a claim along with an experienced backup in Firmino. It seems more likely that Summer '24 would be the earliest we would make another attacking signing, unless we end up with sportswashers as new owners and they want to make a splash with a big name signing.

Outside of midfielders, CB seems the most likely place we will spend in the summer, starting succession planning on that area with one eye on VVD's form once he no longer has a broken down midfield in front of him to determine the urgency of that need, but it probably starting with one of Matip or Gomez moving on while we bring in somebody else. LB seems like it would be a position where we wouldn't need to rush and mroe likely to be another summer '24 position.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9336 on: February 2, 2023, 09:22:58 am »
I think Fabinho has enough respect from fans to turn his form round, last seasons quadruple run has mentally drained a lot of our players, i honestly think some of the underperforming players will be much better next season

Henderson and Firmino will stay too

Keeping all the older underperforming players is part of the problem though right? In Henderson’s case definitely he’s physically gone and I’d be surprised if he ever got that back.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9337 on: February 2, 2023, 09:24:36 am »
Cannot see that happening at all. Someone doesn’t go from being as loyal as he is to getting rid of a million. Not by choice anyway. It’s far more likely we carry on as we are.

Yep, our best hope of letting a few go is they want to do a Mane and have a new challenge. Otherwise it seems like we'll try and renew anyone who's played a decent part in our success until they retire.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9338 on: February 2, 2023, 09:45:16 am »
Why would Bellingham join us as we finish 6th? It also seems like we are at the end of our "cycle" and it may take years before we are a functional outfit again, why would Bellingham waste his time here for that when he can just go to City and win right now?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9339 on: February 2, 2023, 09:55:15 am »
Why would Bellingham join us as we finish 6th? It also seems like we are at the end of our "cycle" and it may take years before we are a functional outfit again, why would Bellingham waste his time here for that when he can just go to City and win right now?

We still have a lot of good players though, they are not all over the hill, players like Konate, Trent, Alisson, Robertson, Van Dijk, Jota, Salah, Diaz are all top quality. We can make this turn around pretty quick if we get some decisions right. If we do that then 18 months and we could challenge for the league again.

The issue is we have wasted one whole season. If people think this is the transition season then they are wrong. That will be next season.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9340 on: February 2, 2023, 10:03:37 am »
Even if next season is going to be a transition season we need to get our house in order pretty sharpish.

New owners/investment, a Sporting Director and some additional analytical sport is crucial before we get anywhere close to the Summer window opening.

If the current shambles continues into the Summer then I'd be surprised if there's much movement beyond 1 or 2 signings, whether that's Bellingham or not. We need to go big in turning this squad over and I have very little faith it will happen under the current ownership and recruitment structure. 

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9341 on: February 2, 2023, 10:10:04 am »
We still have a lot of good players though, they are not all over the hill, players like Konate, Trent, Alisson, Robertson, Van Dijk, Jota, Salah, Diaz are all top quality. We can make this turn around pretty quick if we get some decisions right. If we do that then 18 months and we could challenge for the league again.

The issue is we have wasted one whole season. If people think this is the transition season then they are wrong. That will be next season.

Perhaps, but I don't think it will be as bad as this season. We'll surely regain a sense of direction and some fresh blood will bring us new desire and momentum. If not, we really will be utterly adrift, and I don't think Jurgen (or the fans) will stand for that.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9342 on: February 2, 2023, 10:13:34 am »
We are led to believe that Ward will leave to spend time with family. However, some of the lesser known and more technical staff leaving, is it know they have they gone to rivals? Seems like if you cant beat them, destroy them from within could be another tactic.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9343 on: February 2, 2023, 10:24:07 am »

We still have good players obviously but most of them are fading forces. Salah, VVD, Thiago, Robertson have all clearly seen their best days. I just think it will be a significantly longer time before we are relevant again. Especially as FSG has engaged a holding pattern, just keep things ticking over. Dont see how you win with that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9344 on: February 2, 2023, 10:27:28 am »

We still have good players obviously but most of them are fading forces. Salah, VVD, Thiago, Robertson have all clearly seen their best days. I just think it will be a significantly longer time before we are relevant again. Especially as FSG has engaged a holding pattern, just keep things ticking over. Dont see how you win with that.

Yes but its not like Alisson, Trent, Konate, Diaz, Jota are all shite, then we have some talent outside of that with Nunez, Elliott etc. We still have a lot of good players and some real top quality ones. Of course we do have to invest in some more better players but there still is more than enough talent in there and a lot more than at the end of Rafa and Brendan's tenure.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9345 on: February 2, 2023, 11:01:33 am »

The appeal would still be there, but I'd want assurances that Liverpools ambitions matches mine (Bellinghams), because as an outsider, the situation seems pretty chaotic at the moment

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #9346 on: February 2, 2023, 11:08:39 am »
Roberto Firmino is on the verge of signing a contract extension at Liverpool. [florian plettenberg - sky germany]

"will be like a new signing"

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9347 on: February 2, 2023, 11:39:45 am »
The appeal would still be there, but I'd want assurances that Liverpools ambitions matches mine (Bellinghams), because as an outsider, the situation seems pretty chaotic at the moment

Maybe we're telling him "but look, we've fucked an entire season in the hope of getting you", and he likes the sound of that kind of madness?

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9348 on: February 2, 2023, 11:41:04 am »

"will be like a new signing"

"Can play all along the forward line and as an attacking midfielder. Liverpool feel that Firmino gives them several players in one and will not be looking for reinforcements because they would struggle to get in the team."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9349 on: February 2, 2023, 11:41:36 am »

Was thinking the Manc 2013, but their squad was on it's last legs before they won the title, Van Persie got them over the line that year, but they were always going to sink like a stone.  Especially when the manager retired.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9350 on: February 2, 2023, 11:47:16 am »
Hallelujah!
Was our top scorer prior to his injury.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9351 on: February 2, 2023, 11:51:35 am »

Watch them inexplicably get massive fees for all their unwanted players. Will be nothing dodgy about that whatsoever.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #9352 on: February 2, 2023, 11:52:09 am »

Salah hasn’t been the same since the AFCON. That’s over a year now. The amount of 120 minutes he played in that tournament definitely destroyed his body. Everyone thought a break in the summer and a World Cup break would sort it out, but he’s just not been the same. Same could be said about VVD form.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9353 on: February 2, 2023, 12:04:38 pm »
"Can play all along the forward line and as an attacking midfielder. Liverpool feel that Firmino gives them several players in one and will not be looking for reinforcements because they would struggle to get in the team."

;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #9354 on: February 2, 2023, 12:07:57 pm »
Salah hasn’t been the same since the AFCON. That’s over a year now. The amount of 120 minutes he played in that tournament definitely destroyed his body. Everyone thought a break in the summer and a World Cup break would sort it out, but he’s just not been the same. Same could be said about VVD form.

Its known in medical circles within sport as problematic these days, how elite athletes keep themselves ticking over during periods of off season. Back in the day you had the likes of Razor Ruddock and the like binging during time off (and time on actually) and coming back to melwood a stone or 2 overweight which was a problem.

Nowadays these guys go on holiday and bring their own coaches to keep them ticking over, and this is independent of the club. You wonder is there any merit in simply getting a full rest before going again. Nobody wants to miss a beat when they return nowadays and it could be to their detriment.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9355 on: February 2, 2023, 12:43:11 pm »

Thats my take on it as well, it will take a while 2-3 years for us to be relevant again. We carry a lot of fading players and have a good group of potential world class players. Jota, Diaz, Alisson, Nunez, Konate however they are all injury-prone and will be difficult to keep if we are not in CL/top 4 contention for a few seasons.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9356 on: February 2, 2023, 01:25:13 pm »

Destroyed his body 🤣🤣....what a load of crap
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #9357 on: February 2, 2023, 01:29:28 pm »
I think part of the problem is that there are a lot of question marks over the younger players in the squad, as much as it is an issue with older players

Goalkeepers

1. Alisson
                  13. Adrian
62. Caoimhin Kelleher

Defenders

2. Joe Gomez
                  4. Virgil van Dijk
5. Ibrahima Konate
21. Kostas Tsimikas
22. Calvin Ramsay
                    26. Andy Robertson
                    32. Joel Matip
46. Rhys Williams
47. Nat Phillips
66. Trent Alexander-Arnold

Midfielders

3. Fabinho
              6. Thiago
              7. James Milner
8. Naby Keita
              14. Jordan Henderson
              15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
17. Curtis Jones
19. Harvey Elliott
28. Fabio Carvalho
29. Arthur
43. Stefan Bajcetic

Forwards

9. Roberto Firmino
             11. Mohamed Salah
18. Cody Gakpo
20. Diogo Jota
23. Luis Diaz
27. Darwin Nunez

As you can see, there are 12 players who are 29 or over. They make up the core of the side,  but only because those pushing them from behind are not really dislodging them. Only Jota, Diaz and Konate would be considered first choice, the rest only playing when they are being rested, or they are injured. So, not only have those aging players to be replaced, but they have to be replaced by first team players.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9358 on: February 2, 2023, 01:36:56 pm »

Leeds didn’t win a single away game the season after they won the league. Not sure where they finished but it was bottom half.

Blackburn got gradually worse after winning the league in 95 and were relegated by 99. So we have something to aim for.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9359 on: February 2, 2023, 01:48:23 pm »

Leeds didn’t win a single away game the season after they won the league. Not sure where they finished but it was bottom half.

Blackburn got gradually worse after winning the league in 95 and were relegated by 99. So we have something to aim for.

Yes - us in 1991. We finished 2nd, 7pts off Arsenal, but likely would have won the league if Kenny hadn't resigned, 6th the next season and the squad torn to shreds and 30 years to win it again

Big difference now is we still have a core of quality players, we've quality coming through and the Boss isn't going to be signing players like Mark Walters, Dean Saunders and Torben Piecknik
« Last Edit: February 2, 2023, 01:50:26 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA