Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069143 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #9240 on: February 1, 2023, 03:58:38 pm »
I've said in this thread that I think the rebuild is (or should be) bigger than some people would like - that it might involve moving on one or two of the star players who aren't the obvious ones everyone is happy to lose. If we're in transition, let's transition without clinging to past glories, hoping that this player or that player will recover their lustre. They might, they might not. But by that logic, they might all regain their form. No crisis at all. Lets keep all of them. No transition required.

But a real transition - I'm not sure that implies we can't compete, at all. Who's the established experienced star player in Arsenal's side? The two senior starters are Partey and Xhaka. After those, they're players like Jesus and Ben White, both 25.

Personally, I think people misinterpret the effect of Arsenal's emergence, Chelsea's reinvigorated ownership and spending, Newcastle's new ownership, United finally getting a half decent manager. It isn't primarily a threat to us; it's a potential benefit to us, because we were the only ones clinging to City's coat tails. Now they have a number of clubs trying to compete; a number of clubs who might, just, beat them on any given day.

The worst response we could make to that is to cling onto yesterday's side for 'one more push (again)' with ageing, declining players. The game is getting quicker and more physical (again, as it did 20-odd years ago) in response to tactical shifts.

Transition, rebuild. But do it now, while we have Klopp to manage it and manage the side that emerges from it. We might not be pushing 95-100 points season after season, but then, I suspect, neither will City. We might even finish outside the top four occasionally. That's fine. It might even be more enjoyable, to be one of five or six teams genuinely competing year after year. And we can compete, even under current ownership/model, due to our commercial standing. We just need to stop paying such a huge proportion of our income in wages to an ageing core and get back to squad evolution, not stagnation.

I wouldn't be arsed if any of our senior players were sold or released in the summer (with the exception of Alisson and probably Robertson). That's assuming the money is there for some big signings though and we aren't left short.

Not that you want them to leave but we need to shake things up and make tough decisions and if it means releasing players out of contract and some of the senior players are cut loose for next to nothing, to lose their legs on someone else's pitch, then so be it. But that's down to Jurgen to decide if he wants to Cancelo a few.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9241 on: February 1, 2023, 04:00:13 pm »
I wouldn't be arsed if any of our senior players were sold or released in the summer (with the exception of Alisson and probably Robertson). That's assuming the money is there for some big signings though and we aren't left short.

Not that you want them to leave but we need to shake things up and make tough decisions and if it means releasing players out of contract and some of the senior players are cut loose for next to nothing, to lose their legs on someone else's pitch, then so be it. But that's down to Jurgen to decide if he wants to Cancelo a few.

That's a belter of a post. In the words of Terry Tibbs, I'm wawkin awa-ay...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9242 on: February 1, 2023, 04:02:42 pm »

;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9243 on: February 1, 2023, 04:11:40 pm »

Slightly facetious but it's the point that everyone should be playing for their futures right now, too many have got too comfortable or are just past their peak. If Klopp is ruthless and moves a few big names on then so be it.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9244 on: February 1, 2023, 04:15:30 pm »
Slightly facetious but it's the point that everyone should be playing for their futures right now, too many have got too comfortable or are just past their peak. If Klopp is ruthless and moves a few big names on then so be it.

Cannot see that happening at all. Someone doesn’t go from being as loyal as he is to getting rid of a million. Not by choice anyway. It’s far more likely we carry on as we are.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9245 on: February 1, 2023, 04:19:12 pm »
Jurgen to get to where he is isn't just a big cuddly bear for fucks sakes. He can be ruthless when he wants to be. Remember Sakho? Tossed him out at the first chance.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9246 on: February 1, 2023, 04:19:55 pm »
Jurgen to get to where he is isn't just a big cuddly bear for fucks sakes. He can be ruthless when he wants to be. Remember Sakho? Tossed him out at the first chance.

Sakho achieved nothing for this Club and there were doubts about his quality. Hardly comparable to potentially binning Van Dijk.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9247 on: February 1, 2023, 04:20:45 pm »
Cannot see that happening at all. Someone doesn’t go from being as loyal as he is to getting rid of a million. Not by choice anyway. It’s far more likely we carry on as we are.

Milner, Firmino, Ox and Keita are out of a contract - so that's a few senior players right off the bat IF they're not renewed.

Obviously you're not cutting loads of others loose on top but I think either Fabinho and/or Henderson should move on, I don't think you can carry both in midfield anymore even if you keep the other. Maybe a couple of other senior players as well to make way for new signings of which we need several now and just to freshen things up and get our spark back.

Also depends if we're in European competition or not. If we're not then numbers need culling.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9248 on: February 1, 2023, 04:21:13 pm »
Yeah the question isn't whether the boss can make tough decisions over players who did nothing for him and were a shambles.  It's whether he will be able to cut loose the players who have been to war with him and come out victorious but are now past it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9249 on: February 1, 2023, 04:22:25 pm »
The key to longevity of all the great teams of the past, was that they knew when to get rid of the ageing players, and keep the squad hungry and fresh.

You don't want lots of ageing players, on big wages, losing their legs in your team, all at once.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2023, 04:24:45 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9250 on: February 1, 2023, 04:22:29 pm »
Sakho achieved nothing for this Club and there were doubts about his quality. Hardly comparable to potentially binning Van Dijk.

Thats not the only one, he binned off Balotelli too. If that doesn't prove that he'd just ruthlessly bin off any player, nothing will.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9251 on: February 1, 2023, 04:23:58 pm »

Fair point mate but for Kloppo to get to where he is he has to be ruthless too.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #9252 on: February 1, 2023, 04:30:53 pm »
Thats not the only one, he binned off Balotelli too. If that doesn't prove that he'd just ruthlessly bin off any player, nothing will.

That just proves that he's sane.  ;)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9253 on: February 1, 2023, 04:36:10 pm »
Firstly, optimism is no bad thing. It certainty beats spirit crushing pessimism.

Secondly, any belief obviously wouldn’t come from the abject performances but the non-abject ones. Despite what people’s selective memories may tell them we have played well at times this season. There are numerous examples that we can pull upon to give us a template going forward. Not to mention that in general things regress to the mean, so underperformance doesn’t last, just as over performance doesn’t.

Finally, we don’t have to go in a massive winning run. In all likelihood 70 points gets you top 4. That’s 41 points in 19 games, or just over 2 points a game for us. It’s not like chasing City for a title. Winning our game in hand and beating  either Newcastle or United in our game against them brings the gap to 4 points. Come on, you can’t tell me that’s not at least plausible, and whilst it is, why would you give up?

We have had patches of improved performance these last 3 games, with our last showing against Brighton being the longest spell of improved performance. It’s getting slowly better with each game, and I trust in Klopp to continue that trajectory. Beat Wolves and the blueshite then Jota, Firmino, Van Dijk and Konate come back into the fold.

My guess is things will look a lot rosier in the league come March, and who knows we could even a bigger bounce when we beat Real Madrid in the first leg, after all, it’ll be one of those magic Anfield nights where anything seems possible.

I can actually only admire your optimism, so I'm not going to argue. Let's hope you are right and we smash the second half of the season. I'd love another Jurgen-led fightback against the odds, that's for sure. Obviously if we beat Real Madrid, everyone will be elated again... and they are due one, surely? :D

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #9254 on: February 1, 2023, 04:36:31 pm »
Cant say I am not disappointed about this window but to be honest it was always going to be one of the worst when you consider the WC finishing just before it opened. You can see by Chelsea's spending that player valuations have gone to shit and they are one of the biggest contributors to that over the last 9 months especially. Not to mention the shambles that is FFP.

I personally don't think missing out on CL this year will do too much damage in the grand scheme of things but if we are going to miss out it would be good to get into the EL and not the Conference League..id much rather finish below the qualification for that bollocks.

I still think that playing the way and the games we did last year massively contributed to the exhaustion of our main stay players and the lack of rest wont have done us much good. Yes, we need to upgrade the squad and we are now relying on our youngsters to play more games because of the drop off rather than slowly increasing their game time, and we are probably not playing some of those same youngsters in their ideal positions, but we are having to make do for now. No one could have predicted the extent of the drop off in any case and not 7 months ago, most were on cloud nine at what this team were achieving.

Overspending in January?? I'm not sure that is the best way forward. We aren't about to be relegated, but some of the Twatterati want everything yesterday and not buying what they want when their plastic fan friends get what they want just seems to turn them into brats spitting their dummies out in public. Classy.

Injuries to our attackers has been the biggest blow in my opinion. If you have Diaz, Jota, and to a limited extent Firmino firing goals in for us I would wager that our points tally now wouldn't be as low. This also allows new players like Nunez and Gakpo to be given time to bed in rather than expecting them to hit the ground running immediately. We did this with Robbo and look how he turned out.

I am still undecided about FSG because this window shouldn't have been seen as the benchmark. Its disheartening to some fans when they see other teams spending like they have but in fairness, they have mostly overspent on players like Enzo. Time will tell if £105.6m will be worth the money, time will tell if £88million for Mudryk is a sensible buy and although it would have been seen by some of our fans as a dick waving statement if we had done it, there are still those who moan and bitch about Nunez costing £65 million or whatever it was just because Sky or their mates say he is a waste of money.

You cant win. Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.

There will also be some considerable talent available on lower fee's or free that aren't at the moment come the summer when we have space in our squad again.

I'm going to hold my judgement until after the summer now. We cant do anything about it now anyway so the pointless 'roundaboutery' on a few of our threads is doing nothing but raising our blood pressure. What is the point of being miserable about something when you have no control over it anyway? None of us know what is going on behind the scenes. If any of us knew for certain what the plans were, there wouldn't be the roundaboutery.

If FSG don't pull something out of the bag in the summer - it needs to be a bloody big bag by the way, then my feelings about them will most certainly change, but for now, and looking at what they HAVE done for the club, I reserve my own insignificant judgement.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9255 on: February 1, 2023, 04:40:40 pm »
The key to longevity of all the great teams of the past, was that they knew when to get rid of the ageing players, and keep the squad hungry and fresh.

You don't want lots of ageing players, on big wages, losing their legs in your team, all at once.

Shanks was pretty well known for being that little bit too loyal to players. Bob was ruthless. During our dominant era we did buy from a position of strength - no question.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9256 on: February 1, 2023, 04:42:42 pm »
Firstly, optimism is no bad thing. It certainty beats spirit crushing pessimism.

Secondly, any belief obviously wouldn’t come from the abject performances but the non-abject ones. Despite what people’s selective memories may tell them we have played well at times this season. There are numerous examples that we can pull upon to give us a template going forward. Not to mention that in general things regress to the mean, so underperformance doesn’t last, just as over performance doesn’t.

Finally, we don’t have to go in a massive winning run. In all likelihood 70 points gets you top 4. That’s 41 points in 19 games, or just over 2 points a game for us. It’s not like chasing City for a title. Winning our game in hand and beating  either Newcastle or United in our game against them brings the gap to 4 points. Come on, you can’t tell me that’s not at least plausible, and whilst it is, why would you give up?

We have had patches of improved performance these last 3 games, with our last showing against Brighton being the longest spell of improved performance. It’s getting slowly better with each game, and I trust in Klopp to continue that trajectory. Beat Wolves and the blueshite then Jota, Firmino, Van Dijk and Konate come back into the fold.

My guess is things will look a lot rosier in the league come March, and who knows we could even a bigger bounce when we beat Real Madrid in the first leg, after all, it’ll be one of those magic Anfield nights where anything seems possible.

Stop talking sense. This is the transfer thread ...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9257 on: February 1, 2023, 04:42:53 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9258 on: February 1, 2023, 05:05:02 pm »
Are we FUCKING Liverpool or bloody Leicester here.........OOOHHHHH I am so grateful your honour for obliging us with a these (singular) trophies.............

You and KH need your heads screwing on. We're either the biggest or 2nd biggest club in the country depending on what people think. We're not some tinpot club here just being so grateful to our overlords for a trophy.

The point i was trying to make is that i dont think Klopp’s time at Liverpool if it were to stop today should be known as a missed opportunity. It should be known as a great period with some amazing matches, moments and above all, success.

In terms of going forward i agree its time we show that we are a massive club and start acting like it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9259 on: February 1, 2023, 05:06:45 pm »

Only caveat would be this is the first time Klopp will be doing a proper team transition. But he certainly can do it but we need to see a pretty ruthless streak starting from this summer.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9260 on: February 1, 2023, 05:22:12 pm »
The point i was trying to make is that i dont think Klopp’s time at Liverpool if it were to stop today should be known as a missed opportunity. It should be known as a great period with some amazing matches, moments and above all, success.

In terms of going forward i agree its time we show that we are a massive club and start acting like it.

We reached a peak in terms of our financial performance and winning stuff, we’re now in a period of managed decline which started in reality a few years ago when the investment was needed to avoid the trough we find ourselves in, we have shiny new buildings but there’s a real problem with our ability to keep players fit, we have an analytics team which at one point was the best in europe but now looks behind even the likes of Brighton, we had the best sporting director in laptop Eddy but he decides to walk away, half the team needs upgrading/replacing and even really good players look like they’ve had their spirit broken

FSG have gone from 8.5/10 owners to 3/10

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9261 on: February 1, 2023, 05:23:25 pm »
Shanks was pretty well known for being that little bit too loyal to players. Bob was ruthless. During our dominant era we did buy from a position of strength - no question.

True, but Shanks also had his 1969/70 season where he realised a few key players were done and made a big splash  (i.e Toshack, Keegan) to replace them (Hunt, St. John, Strong, Yeats, Lawrence) over a 2.5 year period

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9262 on: February 1, 2023, 05:32:01 pm »
The biggest question that needs to be asked from all this shite is has Lobo apologised to Al?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9263 on: February 1, 2023, 05:38:21 pm »
I've said in this thread that I think the rebuild is (or should be) bigger than some people would like - that it might involve moving on one or two of the star players who aren't the obvious ones everyone is happy to lose. If we're in transition, let's transition without clinging to past glories, hoping that this player or that player will recover their lustre. They might, they might not. But by that logic, they might all regain their form. No crisis at all. Lets keep all of them. No transition required.

Van Dijk is the one that stands out. We still remember the physical monster of days past, but he's not that any more, and in Konate, we already have a potential permanent replacement. Salah is the one that might command the most money, but RWF is the area where we don't yet have a ready replacement, nor anyone obvious on the market. Along with Konate, Kelleher is one who is readiest to be a permanent replacement for our first choicer, but Alisson doesn't look like he's on a downward curve.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9264 on: February 1, 2023, 05:38:28 pm »
The biggest question that needs to be asked from all this shite is has Lobo apologised to Al?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #9265 on: February 1, 2023, 05:47:00 pm »
That needs a thread of its own. With a poll. Where's Andy when you need him.....?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9267 on: February 1, 2023, 05:55:02 pm »
Lobo would run over his nan rather than apologise to anyone on here.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9268 on: February 1, 2023, 06:00:56 pm »
Exactly, I remember being quite content with the owners at the time doing generally a good job, good manager and some exciting signings that summer (finally solving our LB and DM issues)

To be fair, Konchesky was and upgrade on Fabio Aurelio, and Poulsen was a proper replacement for Mascherano ...

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9269 on: February 1, 2023, 06:39:59 pm »
Think we should sign bellingham

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9270 on: February 1, 2023, 06:40:57 pm »
Think we should sign bellingham
Groundhog Day's not until tomorrow, laaaaa :wave

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9271 on: February 1, 2023, 06:43:14 pm »

I read that more in Craig David's voice.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9273 on: February 1, 2023, 07:02:16 pm »
Been going on for ages, some posters I've barely ever seen write a post about football in years it's just constant whining about supposed whining, bedwetting, cry arsing etc, it's proper weird but they think they are fighting a good fight instead of just clogging the forum with more whining.

I've said it for ages. Go into a half-time thread during a game in which we're not playing well and you'll see it. "The state of this thread" etc etc. We're all here because we're fans of football, the drama that goes with it, the emotions it inspires. I'll forgive more or less anything said in the aftermath of a bad result, but there's something particularly grotesque about soemone who is apparently unmoved by how we're doing and would rather stick the boot into someone whose bothered to raise their head above the parapet.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2023, 07:06:11 pm by StevoHimself »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9274 on: February 1, 2023, 07:12:44 pm »
I've said it for ages. Go into a half-time thread during a game in which we're not playing well and you'll see it. "The state of this thread" etc etc. We're all here because we're fans of football, the drama that goes with it, the emotions it inspires. I'll forgive more or less anything said in the aftermath of a bad result, but there's something particularly grotesque about soemone who is apparently unmoved by how we're doing and would rather stick the boot into someone whose bothered to raise their head above the parapet.

;D

I’m sorry, and yes, I’m a terrible fan I’m sure for this, but that’s just really funny, 'particularly grotesque’  ;D

There’s far too many getting wound up by random strangers’ saying not exactly insulting things about them on a footy forum.  And yes - on both sides of this daft ‘argument’. Who would have thought it - different people have different personalities and react and behave differently to situations, incredible! It doesn’t make you a better fan than the other.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9275 on: February 1, 2023, 07:14:28 pm »
That Hazell is grotesque

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9276 on: February 1, 2023, 07:15:04 pm »
That Hazell is grotesque

Just grotesque, or particularly grotesque? There’s a difference.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9277 on: February 1, 2023, 07:16:04 pm »
Just grotesque, or particularly grotesque? There’s a difference.
A particular difference?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9278 on: February 1, 2023, 07:17:35 pm »
A particular difference?

indeed, it’s quite subtle though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9279 on: February 1, 2023, 07:17:36 pm »
It's like saying "You're an ugly motherfucker" compared to " You're one ugly motherfucker". There's a difference mate.