Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069413 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #9120 on: February 1, 2023, 01:10:24 am »
I hope he comes back as strong as he was before the injury..

But I stand by my words

The left side of our attack is the least of our problems now and going forward.  I'd say we need to look at the Right side before we look to strengthen the left once again.  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9121 on: February 1, 2023, 01:10:51 am »
Funny (depressing) think about the Fernandez deal, aside from Chelsea getting someone who’s seemingly going to go on to be one of midfielders of his generation, is the knock on effect it’ll have on Bellinghams future transfer.

To be clear, I don’t think we’ll get him but 105m on a player with half a season in Europe has set the minimum … dortmund will be wanting more than that. It’s laughable to think such a deal could happen under FSG… unless plan is only to sign him and play him alongside Henderson and Milner for next 5 years.

the plan is to play him alongside Bajcetic and Elliot   :P

But yeah, deal needs to be done first, I can only think (hope?) that they have reason to be very confident it’ll be done, or else they have messed up massively if this is what they are waiting for and it doesn’t happen.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9122 on: February 1, 2023, 01:13:48 am »
the plan is to play him alongside Bajcetic and Elliot   :P

But yeah, deal needs to be done first, I can only think (hope?) that they have reason to be very confident it’ll be done, or else they have messed up massively if this is what they are waiting for and it doesn’t happen.

That’s the thing, to ignore the midfield situation entirely in this window you’d reasonably think there’d be some reassurances it’s done (as stupid as I think that is anyway) - but does this fee for a similarly aged midfielder with less of a record in Europe then change that? If you’re Dortmund it probably does.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #9123 on: February 1, 2023, 02:48:44 am »
Hopefully we'll get some kind of update in the coming days on the state of things. They seem to have checked out to some extent, if not fully, so we'll see, but we may hear something in response to all the negativity swirling around us at the moment. I'm not going to hold my breath either way.

What I'm most interested in now is watching to see how hard the fat c*nt Boehly gets hammered for his spending nonsense. Not holding my breath on that, either.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9124 on: February 1, 2023, 03:07:05 am »
What I'm most interested in now is watching to see how hard the fat c*nt Boehly gets hammered for his spending nonsense. Not holding my breath on that, either.

Never happen. Sly et al have welcomed the fat mess with open arms and the PL doesn't care.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9125 on: February 1, 2023, 06:21:14 am »
The click bait journalists gone very quiet as last time I checked they said Bellingham was going to tell us his plans. Sad some folks actually thought these transfer rumour mongers actually had any insight into what the lad was thinking
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9126 on: February 1, 2023, 06:34:32 am »
Funny (depressing) think about the Fernandez deal, aside from Chelsea getting someone who’s seemingly going to go on to be one of midfielders of his generation, is the knock on effect it’ll have on Bellinghams future transfer.

To be clear, I don’t think we’ll get him but 105m on a player with half a season in Europe has set the minimum … dortmund will be wanting more than that. It’s laughable to think such a deal could happen under FSG… unless plan is only to sign him and play him alongside Henderson and Milner for next 5 years.
Yeah, Chelsea have changed the landscape this year with their ridiculous fees for Enzo Fernandez, Mudryk, Fofana, Cucurella. You usually see the knock-on in the next window so I’m not looking forward to seeing how that goes. Todd’s made a mess of everything. I hope everything falls apart for them.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9127 on: February 1, 2023, 07:06:45 am »
Can you still loan after the deadline? So could we ask for Mount for example?

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9128 on: February 1, 2023, 07:22:25 am »

If the plastics are not brought to task over their ridiculous spending spree then football is majorly fucked. Its open season for the oilers and frankly anyone with a a wallet.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #9129 on: February 1, 2023, 07:27:07 am »
Almost like the ones who were worried a couple years ago were spot on as usual. The likes of Lobo need to fully apologise to Al who nailed it.
Presses tannoy...

*Could Lobo and Al666 please report to the Transfer Thread. That's Lobo and Al to the transfer thread. Thank you*
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9130 on: February 1, 2023, 07:35:57 am »
Almost like the ones who were worried a couple years ago were spot on as usual. The likes of Lobo need to fully apologise to Al who nailed it.

Clinical, if it’ll make you happy I’ll apologise to whoever you’d like me to :) But us winning every trophy under the sun didn’t stop the constant moaning, whinging, pessimistic, pathetic nonsense so I can’t imagine a random person ‘apologising’ to another random person would do it…would it?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9131 on: February 1, 2023, 07:47:49 am »
Yeah, Chelsea have changed the landscape this year with their ridiculous fees for Enzo Fernandez, Mudryk, Fofana, Cucurella. You usually see the knock-on in the next window so I’m not looking forward to seeing how that goes. Todd’s made a mess of everything. I hope everything falls apart for them.

I was wondering the other day, if you are looking to buy a top end player , if it's worth splashing an extra 10, 20 million on them as that hikes up the prices for everyone that follows. I guess that strategy might work if the player you are buying is quite a bit better than the next best and if there aren't clubs out there who really have no concept of money.

What are Chelsea up to, not sportswashers as far as I know, surely they can't be expecting a return on their "investment" ?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9132 on: February 1, 2023, 07:56:42 am »
Bellingham is coming though so it’s all fine.  ::)
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9133 on: February 1, 2023, 08:08:15 am »
Bellingham is coming though so it’s all fine.  ::)
Not until 2035 tho. So not sure what we do in the meantime

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #9134 on: February 1, 2023, 08:08:19 am »
Clinical, if it’ll make you happy I’ll apologise to whoever you’d like me to :) But us winning every trophy under the sun didn’t stop the constant moaning, whinging, pessimistic, pathetic nonsense so I can’t imagine a random person ‘apologising’ to another random person would do it…would it?

Lobo is gracious as usual. Well in lad.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #9135 on: February 1, 2023, 08:10:09 am »
Joke of a transfer window for us and not for the first or second time. It's depressing that almost all our competitors strengthened while we were the ones that needed it the most. We just sealed our season outside top 4 and we definitely won't get passed Madrid in the CL by doing absolutely nothing during this window. I hope the superfans are happy though that we're supposedly signing Bellingham next window to solve ALL our problems.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #9136 on: February 1, 2023, 08:19:06 am »
Right, well that's the window done and dusted. So when's Melo starting?!

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #9137 on: February 1, 2023, 08:19:44 am »
Some amount of bedwetters in here tonight.  ;D

You'd swear it was the cowboys still owning us and that we were days off administration.

We're having a bad season because we're suffering from injuries and short in midfield quality. Two signings for the middle of the park and we're competing again next year.

There is a lot wrong right now. But some of the reaction is over the top.

You have fans on RAWK blaming the tea ladies and suggesting that they be binned. Like how is that even relevant to the club’s perceived malaise? It’s cruel for the sake of being cruel and looking for space goats. But the tea ladies is a new low.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #9138 on: February 1, 2023, 08:19:53 am »
If we got so much money in the summer why can’t we bring it forward? Stop falling for it. Every year it’s the same stuff. Hopefully these lot sell and this is the last window of us sitting and watching our season crash before our eyes. FSG remind me of me when I get a new job planning to spend money in the future, only to get sacked before the probation period while everyone expects me to pay the bills because I spent all my wages on garments.

Online paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9139 on: February 1, 2023, 08:22:42 am »
Can you still loan after the deadline? So could we ask for Mount for example?

No

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #9140 on: February 1, 2023, 08:58:49 am »
Isco is without club..
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9141 on: February 1, 2023, 09:04:52 am »
Gakpo is the sort of transfer we used to watch Man Utd make and make fun of them. It's not that he's not a good player. It's that we've been crying for a midfielder for years and instead we got another left winger in. It seems like we've reverted to the ameature levels we were known for before these golden 5 years and it's no wonder that all the big wigs behind the scenes are dropping like flies. As Chelsea are showing, dropping money like it's running out of fashion on players is no guarantee for success. So we need to fix the recruitment team once again.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9142 on: February 1, 2023, 09:16:14 am »
To be honest, had we not signed Gakpo, with Diaz and Jota out with injures, most of you would have slated the club for writing off the season and lack of ambition ...

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #9143 on: February 1, 2023, 09:17:29 am »
Isco is without club..

Panic! Say no to Isco

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9144 on: February 1, 2023, 09:21:15 am »
To be honest, had we not signed Gakpo, with Diaz and Jota out with injures, most of you would have slated the club for writing off the season and lack of ambition ...

Yep i agree.

As it is we still have written off a season because as we established in the summer, we didnt do anywhere near enough. At least we had the excuse then of not actually knowing what would unfold.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9145 on: February 1, 2023, 09:21:34 am »
Panic! Say no to Isco

It would be silly for us to turn down a disco.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9146 on: February 1, 2023, 09:21:48 am »
Gakpo is the sort of transfer we used to watch Man Utd make and make fun of them. It's not that he's not a good player. It's that we've been crying for a midfielder for years and instead we got another left winger in. It seems like we've reverted to the ameature levels we were known for before these golden 5 years and it's no wonder that all the big wigs behind the scenes are dropping like flies. As Chelsea are showing, dropping money like it's running out of fashion on players is no guarantee for success. So we need to fix the recruitment team once again.
He won’t be a left winger for us he will replace Bobby

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9147 on: February 1, 2023, 09:24:30 am »

Then what was the point of spending all that money on a centre forward in Nunez?  We already have Diaz and Jota on the left if Gakpo is replacing Firmino.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9148 on: February 1, 2023, 09:30:49 am »
Almost like the ones who were worried a couple years ago were spot on as usual.
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9149 on: February 1, 2023, 09:30:59 am »

I think it's more likely that Jota and Nunez will replace Bobby. Gakpo and Diaz for LW.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9150 on: February 1, 2023, 09:33:15 am »
I reckon Jurgen is surprised at how quickly things fell apart, so many individuals are off the pace, injuries have been relentless. He probably thought bringing in Nunez gave us another dimension and the midfield options were good enough to see us through to the summer, they really should've been to be honest.

It would be a little disappointing if Jurgen was caught out by how quickly our midfield has fallen apart. Despite our results overall obviously being very good last season, the signs were there even then from time to time and was why so many people wanted us to sign a midfielder back in the summer, it was bad enough to not have done so then, but we have compounded the error in this window and are now in the idiotic position of needing 2-3 new starters in midfield to all settle in at once next season, which is liable to slow down our start to the season again.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9151 on: February 1, 2023, 09:34:05 am »

This is actually a very interesting observation. Judging by our last couple of games, when both Gakpo and Nunez were on the pitch, Gakpo was actually used as a false 9, while Nunez was attacking from the left. Of course, this might only be a temporary solution, until Diaz is back, but it is certainly an interesting way of Jurgen setting up our attack ...

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9152 on: February 1, 2023, 09:45:40 am »
We've had the best team in my lifetime and we've utterly wasted it. We'll never get chances like this again. The owners need to go
.....which just happens to have been at the same time as the biggest cheats in the history of the sport were hitting their peak, and when UEFA/ the PL /the FA abandoned FFP and any moral principles for the game, letting money flow into the league with no regulations, controls, or proper checks and governance.

We will always get chances again as we're Liverpool. Just like we got chances again under Houllier, Benitez, Rodgers and Jurgen after a long barren spell.

We might struggle to find someone of Jurgen's ability and charisma again, but many of us thought the same after Paisley, Fagan, and Dalglish (I'm not old enough to remember Shanks, but I'm sure many thought we might not find someone like him again...). But to say a club of our stature will never get chances like this again is just mood-hoovering and negativity - something you seem to revel in on here (far more than enjoying/supporting the team...).

The world doesn't end in May, and we will go again in August - just like we have since 1892, and just like we will long after we're all pushing up daises. Cheer up and enjoy it - the lows are what often makes the highs so amazing, and nothing last forever in life (just ask Utd fans  :D).

And always remember - fans of the majority of other clubs in every league across Europe will never, ever see what we've seen (even just last season...). Not in their entire lifetimes  :wave
« Last Edit: February 1, 2023, 09:47:24 am by keyop »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #9153 on: February 1, 2023, 09:47:16 am »
.....which just happens to have been at the same time as the biggest cheats in the history of the sport were hitting their peak, and when UEFA/ the PL /the FA abandoned FFP and any moral principles for the game, letting money flow into the league with no regulations, controls, or proper checks and governance.

We will always get chances again as we're Liverpool. Just like we got chances again under Houllier, Benitez, Rodgers and Jurgen after a long barren spell.

We might struggle to find someone of Jurgen's ability and charisma again, but many of us thought the same after Paisley, Fagan, and Dalglish (I'm not old enough to remember Shanks, but I'm sure many though we might not find someone like him again...). But to say a club of our stature will never get chances like this again is just mood-hoovering and negativity  -something you seem to revel in on here (far more than enjoying/supporting the team...).

The world doesn't end in May, and we will go again in August - just like we have since 1892, and just like we will long after we're all pushing up daises.

Cheer up and enjoy it - the lows are what often makes the highs so amazing, and nothing last forever in life (just ask Utd fans  :D).

And always remember - fans of the majority of other clubs in every league across Europe will never, ever see what we've seen (even just last season...) - not in their entire lifetimes  :wave

:wellin

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wa43FNUdpU8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wa43FNUdpU8</a>

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #9154 on: February 1, 2023, 09:57:05 am »
:wellin

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wa43FNUdpU8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wa43FNUdpU8</a>

Yes!

Was there in '99. It was better than this thread.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9155 on: February 1, 2023, 10:03:49 am »
While the above sentiment is 100% correct, I think the reason many fans are in slit wrist mode is the speed of which the demise has occurred. The amount of cash splashed around like its the last window ever, the glaring and complete obvious need for a midfielder that is half decent for about 3 years going completely ignored, Klopp unhappy most weeks, owners who appear not know what they want from the club anymore, or certainly a desire to invest and help Jurgen strengthen, staff leaving  left right and centre, though the fitness staff are cast iron nailed on to stay put forever .. y'know, the list goes on a bit.

The most die hard and glass half full supporters I know are even bewildered now. While the bitter's demise is amusing, almost every season I would welcome it, it is not a good year for the city as a whole and the football supporters, of all colours, within it.

Yes, the club will rise again but face facts, it took us 30 years to win the title again, the way its going it will take another 30, if we are lucky. We needed to back Jurgen and his vision for the club while he is here, so the legacy can continue when he leaves, I would have thought.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9156 on: February 1, 2023, 10:05:09 am »

Nah its not, we take the piss out of them for signing shit players. Not signing good, young players at the expense of another position
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9157 on: February 1, 2023, 10:06:08 am »

He's not playing left wing though is he? Even with Diaz and Jota out and Nunez not starting games. It's a question of what we've signed him to be? It's not as a left winger.  And we signed him because we didn't want to get stung again by his fee increasing, like we have recently with others and he was available now (Nunes and Bellingham for example weren't and with our owners we weren't getting into a bidding war for Caicedo).

However, we've been beset by bad strategy and muddled thinking in the market. We signed Diaz pre-emptively to replace Mane - made a lot of sense. Since then however we've signed Nunez, Carvalho and Gakpo - have Harvey Elliott - and are strongly linked to the likes of Mason Mount.

I struggle to see the joined up thinking in how to utilise all these players in our team and system. It's like we've gone back to the days of signing Benteke and Firmino in the same window in that respect.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9158 on: February 1, 2023, 10:09:19 am »
While the above sentiment is 100% correct, I think the reason many fans are in slit wrist mode is the speed of which the demise has occurred. The amount of cash splashed around like its the last window ever, the glaring and complete obvious need for a midfielder that is half decent for about 3 years going completely ignored, Klopp unhappy most weeks, owners who appear not know what they want from the club anymore, or certainly a desire to invest and help Jurgen strengthen, staff leaving  left right and centre, though the fitness staff are cast iron nailed on to stay put forever .. y'know, the list goes on a bit.

The most die hard and glass half full supporters I know are even bewildered now. While the bitter's demise is amusing, almost every season I would welcome it, it is not a good year for the city as a whole and the football supporters, of all colours, within it.

Yes, the club will rise again but face facts, it took us 30 years to win the title again, the way its going it will take another 30, if we are lucky. We needed to back Jurgen and his vision for the club while he is here, so the legacy can continue when he leaves, I would have thought.

To be fair, even if it is another 30 years then its better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all. I get moaning over how this window has gone and the downturn of form, i do it more than anyone. But we cant forget we won the lot including the league so i dont get anyone crying over us wasting anything. We havent wasted anything, we wanted to win the league and we have done.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9159 on: February 1, 2023, 10:12:23 am »

The sad thing is that it wouldn't even take stupid money spent on the squad, a couple of sensible (but not extravagant) midfield signings in the last year would have allowed for a smoother transition and expecting the current starters to play less games each week would have almost certainly delayed the drop off in performances from them too. A couple of players would have cost us £60-80m, coincidentally what the Anfield Road expansion is costing, so the obvious option would have been for the owners to stick their hands in their own pockets for that since it doesn't count against ffp and would somewhat increase the perceived value of their investment too.