Author Topic: Remembering the Bradford fire  (Read 30196 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Remembering the Bradford fire
« Reply #280 on: May 11, 2023, 08:46:25 pm »
Horrific then and horrific when you think back at what happened.
It must have been horrendous for the poor people who perished, and their poor families.

R.I.P

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2023, 01:00:52 am »
Martin Fletcher was 12 years old, he survived but lost his dad, his younger brother, his granddad and his uncle. His book is a good read.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: May 12, 2023, 02:35:39 am »
A neighbour of mine that I used to babysit for went to the game, almost took his youngest with him & to this day he's still not come to terms with it. Guy cried for a week over what he witnessed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #283 on: May 12, 2023, 11:17:46 am »
A neighbour of mine that I used to babysit for went to the game, almost took his youngest with him & to this day he's still not come to terms with it. Guy cried for a week over what he witnessed.
Poor fella. Just seeing it unfold on TV will never leave me. Actually being there and witnessing it would mentally scar most for life. You just cannot unsee such things. I assume many will also suffer survivor guilt because they were there but felt so helpless to do anything.

I've never been to Bradford, but if I ever do I'll definitely make time to visit the ground and memorial to pay my respects.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #284 on: May 12, 2023, 11:37:09 am »
Martin Fletcher was 12 years old, he survived but lost his dad, his younger brother, his granddad and his uncle. His book is a good read.

Poor lad, that is just horrific for him, how do you ever get over that?  :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #285 on: May 12, 2023, 04:33:41 pm »
Poor fella. Just seeing it unfold on TV will never leave me. Actually being there and witnessing it would mentally scar most for life. You just cannot unsee such things. I assume many will also suffer survivor guilt because they were there but felt so helpless to do anything.

I've never been to Bradford, but if I ever do I'll definitely make time to visit the ground and memorial to pay my respects.
Let me know if you do plan to pop over.  :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 12, 2023, 05:02:46 pm »
Let me know if you do plan to pop over.  :)
I will do. The closest I've been has been when we've been to Haworth a couple of times. Maybe if we go back there again I could drive over and lay some flowers at the memorial.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2023, 05:14:41 pm »

I went in the 90's to watch Wigan play Bradford Bulls, we went in the new stand. Tried not to imagine people dying there.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2023, 04:49:37 am »
And then you get lowlife like Charlie Lawson aka Jim MacDonald from Corrie who weaponises a horrible tragedy like this to have a dig at the Hillsborough families who had dignity in spades but is too cowardly to admit it
One horrible nasty pissed up c*nt is him..

https://twitter.com/charlie_lawson1/status/1656774070342483970

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2023, 10:49:02 am »
And then you get lowlife like Charlie Lawson aka Jim MacDonald from Corrie who weaponises a horrible tragedy like this to have a dig at the Hillsborough families who had dignity in spades but is too cowardly to admit it
One horrible nasty pissed up c*nt is him..

https://twitter.com/charlie_lawson1/status/1656774070342483970

He really is a horrible specimen.  >:(
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2023, 11:12:21 am »
What an odious little shit Lawson is. Using one tragedy to get a dig in over another.

Appalling little 'man'.